• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
There once was a MAN from Nantucket,
Whose head got stuck in a bucket

There once was a girl fron Nantucket,
Whose head got stuck in a bucket
But her father, named Rin,
Ran away with men
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

still_05.jpg

zeroshiki

Oh, it looks like there was a poem of some sort on the Kill la Kill Satsuki newspaper ad, written by Kazuki Nakashima. Here's a transcription of it; if anyone can provide a fluent translation, I'd be quite grateful. Best I can tell from machine translation, it seems to be some sort of narration by Satsuki.

edit: okay, trying to interpret roughly from Google Translate, so don't consider this accurate at all, just a guess:

Only line I have no clue what it says is the one in the middle of the first paragraph.

I am in no way a professional translator and I can't write flowery prose. That said:

五歳の時、その服を見た。
私はただその美しさに魅せられていた。
父は言った
「これがお前の花嫁衣装だ」
その意味に気づいた時、私は知った。
人類は服を着た豚だ。
ならば、私が支配する。 私が君臨する。
愚かなる者達を駆逐する。

私の名は鬼龍院皐月。
誰にも依らず、誰にも屈さず。
志を持ちて、ただここに立つ。

When I was 5, I saw that dress.
I was enthralled by its beauty.
My father said
"That is your wedding gown"
When I realized the meaning of it, I knew.
Humans are clothes-wearing pigs.
In that case, I will dominate them. Rule over them.
I will destroy these fools.

My name is Kiryuin Satsuki.
Relying on no one. Bowing down to no one.
With this ambition, I stand here.

Ro-Kyu-Bu! 8-12

This was a really nice light-hearted anime. Some moments were slow, but thankfully nothing went too far to make things really distracting. I wasn't expecting the ending
to have them lose the match, but even with that loss, they don't lose any morale over anything.
With that being said though, the characters were fairly average and none of them were particularly really interesting. But then again the show's just trying to tell a lighthearted fun story without being too serious.

So all in all, this was actually kind of a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't rank this show in a top ten list, as nothing about it really screamed "amazing!" But while the characters aren't very interesting, they're by no means unlikable. It is fairly standard though. 7/10.

cajunator

Banned
By the way, I just realized that once noitaminA and VVV S2 begin next week, Crunchyroll will have a solid three hour block of anime on Thursdays:

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2 - 10:00am PDT
Samurai Flamenco - 10:30am PDT
Galilei Donna - 11:00am PDT
Kill la Kill - 11:30am PDT
Infinite Stratos 2 - 12:00pm PDT
Golden Time - 12:30pm PDT

In fact, the only other two mainstream series this season even airing on Thursday are Outbreak Company, which CR has but punted to a Saturday night latecast, and Nagi no Asukara, which doesn't have anyone simulcasting it yet.

Oh, and I guess Aikatsu S2 airs on Thursdays as well, but that one has pretty much a 0% chance of being simulcast anyway.

Nice lineup here. Thursday will be a good day :)

Spice and Wolf - 1

I've never heard a bad thing about this show ever. And it has two seasons! So this might be a real pearl.

Lawrence is a pretty cool protagonist right from the get-go. He's a bit of a medieval version of the goody-good regular Joe of high school anime, but apparently a crafty merchant as well (hee hee hee). Capitalism, ho!

That young village girl sounds like she could be trouble in the future.

EDIT: Also, that fucking ED.

THe ED is wonderously squee but the whole show is pure joy. As long as you dont mind economic talk. But I like economics so there you go. Well ok I love fluffy fuwafuwa tails and ears too.

You're quite ordinary.

Although in my case, it changing to My Ordinary Life on Hummingbird made it a pain for me to look for to up the Rewatch counter.

Funny how people complained about MAL weeabooing everything and now people say Hummingbird turns all the japanese names to english.

Ice cream?

Why not just Hyouka? The only people who would buy it know what it is already.
Like Tsuritama was just called Tsuritama. theres no english meaning to it but thats what fans know.

Articalys

I am in no way a professional translator and I can't write flowery prose. That said:
Ah, thanks.

---------------------------------

Didn't notice this until now, but Crunchyroll stealth-updated their announcements thread with confirmation of a Nagi no Asukara simulcast, plus a few other region details.
Crunchyroll will be streaming Nagi no Asukara this fall, with launch times and details forthcoming, so stay tuned!

We've also expanded the territories of some of our previously announced titles!

Golden Time will now be available to the rest of Europe.

Kill la Kill will now also be available in the following territories: EU except UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Algeria, Monaco, Tunisia, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, and Liechtenstein. Availability for these expanded regions will start in 2 months.

Kyousougiga 01

What?

It looks real real pretty, but what?

What aired today is episode 0; a.k.a., a higher-quality version of the original 2011 ONA, which was basically incomprehensible. Next week is when the new material starts, and it should be much easier to grasp, if the more focused and confident 2012 shorts are any indication.

Anything within both categories. The issue is that I am so sensitive to art style that some of the supposedly good ones really bother me just because the characters look badly drawn.

Im enjoying Toradora right now.

Well Toradora's a RomCom and I'm no expert in most of that.

Take a look at my (edited) post and see what those do for you.

I'm surprised I made it through the entire first series of Inu Yasha. Definitely a product of its time. Though I remember enjoying it, that ping-pong plot of it is the only thing preventing me from wanting to start the second series. I'm with you: I'd much rather see a spin-off with the Sess and Rin being all Kenshiro and Lin-like though sesshomaru is a hard character to find motivation for. I can't imagine what they would explore that the prime series hasn't beat into the ground yet :(

The biggest problem the second series has is that it just goes too fast. They rush through far too much plot in 26 episodes (it really should have been 52). Still, it's worth watching for anyone who did see the original series, and the end of Inuyasha is actually really strong.

LordCanti

What aired today is episode 0; a.k.a., a higher-quality version of the original 2011 ONA, which was basically incomprehensible. Next week is when the new material starts, and it should be much easier to grasp, if the more focused and confident 2012 shorts are any indication.

Aah, that makes sense. I hope the animation quality stays at least somewhere near that level.

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf II 2

Holo drinking continues to lead to nothing but greatness. Anyhoo, goddamn Lawrence, what the hell? Why would you say something like that? "Err, I can just take you to that place and you can get back to your home by yourself right? Hurr". Holo's right, you are fucking dumb. And she's being nice with that if that was anything to go by. Goddamn, she actually looked hurt by that.

Good to get to see and hear the actual OP this time. Don't like it quite as much as the first, but still good.

Quasar

Kyoukai no Kanata 1 :

Maybe I'm weird but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I didn't go into this episode with my expectations being high based on what I read here and I probably haven't been exposed to a ton of stereotypically moe shows in my day but my only take away is, "I like it." Maybe I have bad taste? Even the stereotypically moe stuff the episode was filled with put a completely non-ironic smile on my face. Maybe any and all criticisms I could potentially lob at the show are being eclipsed by "Oh my god, Glasses hoodie waifu yes pls yes." Is there something wrong with me maybe? Is this the first step in a long road that eventually ends with me becoming a recluse, ordering figurines off of the internet, and decking my walls with anime posters? Help me.

Can't wait for the next episode.

I liked it too, even if I had some Chuu2 flashbacks.

The main girl I didn't mind, but I much prefer both Mitsuki and Shizuku.

Andrew J.

Beyond the Boundary 01

It's only because the dialogue was in Japanese that the clumsy exposition dialogue wasn't literally unbearable, and even then it was close.

I felt it was...not either good or bad, but just strange how attention-grabbing Mirai's glasses are. Not only the size and the color, but the way they're constantly shifting around on her face from even minor head movements.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Beyond the Boundary 01

It's only because the dialogue was in Japanese that the clumsy exposition dialogue wasn't literally unbearable, and even then it was close.

I felt it was...not either good or bad, but just strange how attention-grabbing Mirai's glasses are. Not only the size and the color, but the way they're constantly shifting around on her face from even minor head movements.

Dat KyoAni detail

Minami-ke Tadaima - End

So this ended up being pretty good. After a rough first two episodes, it found its groove and stayed enjoyable for the rest of the way. The visual creativity isn't quite up to the level of the first season, and the staleness endemic to romantic comedies that don't allow their relationships to develop shows up, but when it's not focused too strongly on hapless love (which is most of the time), it's got a lot of clever, funny segments. The highlight was undoubtedly the vegetable segment of episode 8, which was unexpectedly and jaw-droppingly bizarre. It's the sort of skit that makes good use of an established cast you can play around with within the limitations of status quo. I rather liked how the ending brought all the cast together (
except poor Hosaka
) as the culmination of a couple episode-long plot threads. It made for as decisive an ending as you can get in this kind of show.

My main annoyance was the gradient hair shading that feel. seems to like doing - I recall seeing it in PapaKiki too. I'm not sure what the point of that is; the gradient ends up making the hair look flat, which is not what proper shading should do.

jbug617

Banned
Kyoukai No Kanata 1

I went into the showing thinking I won't like it. Turns out the episode is pretty good. I can tell Nino-san is someone to watch in this show.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 8

This episode was :SDBurton as fuck, I mean she's all over Aiko, and suddenly a new competitor joins the race! Miho, who stalks Aiko for some reason, also happens to be Nobuko's friend, and she's attempting to steal her away from Aiko. Much to her dismay, she notices how Nobuko always talk about Aiko since the two of them share everything with each other, and thus, Miho feels like she's in her shadow.

What's funny is that this was the focus of the preview, Onpu's bishojoness. Provided she was older, I would call this another Sexy Onpu shot. SO instead it's Bishoujo Onpu. Anyway, apparently Miho helped with the story with illustrations, and they reenact it because Momoko can't read Kanji (why didn't you just say this out loud), and realized that even in the story, Miho gets thrown under the bus. Failed to catch her heart because she wants Aiko more, and she cries on the final page.

But hey we straightened things out, Miho is considered a best friend, but Nobuko also basically said that Aiko's number 1. Ooohohoho man this was very yuri tastic. And none of it was an exaggeration either. KIDS SHOW

cajunator

Banned
Kyousougiga (1st ONA)

OHMYGOD THE COLOURS EVERYWHERE AND THE WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON I DON'T KNOW BUT IT'S WONDERFUL. I think Yasaburou would love to pay a visit to this version of Kyoto. This show almost reminds me of Hoshi no Umi no Amuri in its sheer crazy style and momentum. It even has the
random girl-on-girl kiss
covered.

Main girl is pretty cute and pretty genki and pretty awesome and has an amazing hammer.

However, the clear winner of this episode is not any of the named characters, buuuuuut...

iCXmsfZDwQKC1.gif

Meet Random Passerby Little Girl. She is the most adorable thing. This anime should be scrapped and Toei should make one about her instead.

Hmmm. Relevant to my interests.

I speak only truth. Give in and accept the adorable rapiness.

I gotta say, at least you know what you like even if it is kinda squicky.

KyoAni needs to adapt Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou so bad. Hyouka with books~

As long as main character is like Yomiko Readman <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom