• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
KnK
Episode 1

No idea about what's going on but I like it, looking forward to next week. Hopefully they explain what heck is going on a little bit better than this episode.
PvfHwK6.png

duckroll

Terrible news: Because we ran out of space in the OP once again while updating the Simulcast listing, Princess Robot Bubblegum is no more. :(

zeroshiki

Here's a list of summer anime that had the most realtime tweets. As in, the tweets talking about the show while its being aired. Note that alot of this has to do with timeslots and national coverage as well (Free airs 26:45 on Wednesdays for example)

Average whole series
01 Free! 807
02 Kin-iro Mosaic 648
03 Attack on Titan 519
04 Fantasista Dolls 515
05 Watamote 508
06 Railgun S 502
07 Danganropa The Animation 490
08 RKB! SS 451
09 BROTHERS CONFLICT 393
10 Monogatari 2nd Season 392

Shergal

Kyousogiga 00
Now in good quality!

It's as slick and fun as it was back then, but knowing the context the latter ONAs provided makes it much easier to wade through the plot without getting lost.

Can't wait for new material next week!

jediyoshi

Beyond the Boundary 1

QqNhYTE.png

Watching this makes me happy.

It's kind of moving a million miles an hour right now. Though, I do like how the characters are already familiar with each other's abilities and the show doesn't have to break it down for the audience over the course of a few episodes.

Ayaya Mirai is ultra adorable and practically gif material the whole episode. Akihito is basically the man.

Really liked the OP/ED, especially the ED song and how the last scene transitioned into it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Beyond the Boundary 1

QqNhYTE.png

Watching this makes me happy.

It's kind of moving a million miles an hour right now. Though, I do like how the characters are already familiar with each other's abilities and the show doesn't have to break it down for the audience over the course of a few episodes.

Ayaya Mirai is ultra adorable and practically gif material the whole episode. Akihito is basically the man.

Really liked the OP/ED, especially the ED song and how the last scene transitioned into it.
I also like that he doesnt seem to be a simp, yet and yeah the OP/ED is really really cool

Coppelion 1
The incredibly irritating Hanazawa character makes the filter seem pleasant in comparison. Hopefully she gets eaten by a wolf.

Kyoukai no Kanata 1

Echoing what everyone else says about the dialog. Its cringe worthy with how hard its trying to be Nisio and failing. The clumsy in everyday life but a super coordinated badass in a fight is a pretty tired trope too. The action and animation was top notch as expected, and the novelty of KyoAni doing an action show again after all this time will probably make me stick around.

Kyousogiga 00

s8fZXHal.jpg

I like the OP and the ED for the TV series.

Just as fun as I remember watching the ONA sometime ago. This time it made slightly more sense since I had more context from watching the other OVAs that came afterwards.

Very excited to see the first episode next week!

Gazoinks

Ergo Proxy 10

I KNEW there was something creepy about Daedalus. Also Re-l is finally back! Lotta stuff about raison d'etre in this one.

zeroshiki

Wait, the Asahi airing of Free was considered the lead timeslot? Not the 12:30am on Tokyo MX?

The Free! poster made it seem that way. Although if you're saying the Tokyo MX one was 12:30 then that was most likely the lead.

Some MBS anime (AoT?) are shown first in Osaka rather than Tokyo so I assumed Free! was similar.

Hattori

Banned
Coppelion
Episode 1

Gorgeous backgrounds. Like KnK I have no idea what is going on, seems like a post-catastrophe setting. It's interesting, but that character art design is just distractingly bad.

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 31

WHEELS. IN SPACE.
AN ENTIRE FLEET OF MOTORCYCLES. IN. SPACE.
WHEELS. ON A GIANT SPACESHIP.

Who is the fucking military engineer for the Zanscare Empire and how many toys is he poorly attempting to sell/what cocaine is he on?
COCAINE WITH WHEELS.

You know what? PUT WHEELS ON EVERYTHING. Wheels on Flanders, Wheels on Shakti, wheels on Haro, wheels on ice cream, wheels on Marbet, wheels on sherbet wheels on katejina is a whore wheels on wheels on meals on wheels on Gundams on boats on submarines on goats on foxes in boxes in houses with mouses on fleece with geese in Greece and grease and wheels on bears on stairs.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS.

It isn't like we aren't almost 200 years into a conflict between the Earth and her children in which technology ought to have progressed to a hilarious degree. No, it isn't like science has advanced to the point where we can build shields out of light. Or helicopters from laser beams. No, let's FUCKING PUT WHEELS ON THE MOON GUYS, LIKE SERIOUSLY HOW DOES THAT SHIT ORBIT THE SUN WITHOUT A WHEEL TO KEEP IT MOVING. It isn't like for the last hundred and seventy years we weren't capable of moving across the surface of the Moon and through space WITHOUT WHEELS.

Have you had a wheel today, sir? Why no, no I haven't. I say, you know what this here guillotine is missing? A GODDAMN WHEEL. You know, in case it needs to move a bit on the floor while we CHOP HEADS. We really only chop them off to make it easier to attach the wheels to them, though, you know. It is the safest of ways.

Surely our nation and all mankind will be better off with women behind the wheel! I mean, they'll stop and ask for directions! Wheel have a grand old time, won't whee? Wheel, I'd better be going, I suppose.

THE WHEELS ON THE SPACE CARRIER GO ROUND AND ROUND, ROUND AND ROUND, ROUND AND ROUND. THE WHEELS ON THE GIANT ROBOT WITH ITS ONLY LEGS GO ROUND AND ROUND, ROUND AND ROUND, ROUND AND ROUND. ALL THROUGH THE SURFACELESS VOID OF SPACE.

Articalys

The Free! poster made it seem that way. Although if you're saying the Tokyo MX one was 12:30 then that was most likely the lead.

Some MBS anime (AoT?) are shown first in Osaka rather than Tokyo so I assumed Free! was similar.
Well, the On Air page also lists the Asahi broadcast first, even though it's not the fastest, so I was just going off of that.

http://iwatobi-sc.com/onair/

In comparison, for what it's worth, the KnK page does have the faster Tokyo MX airing listed first. Though it still lists Asahi before the slightly earlier Aichi airing.

http://anime-kyokai.com/onair/

cajunator

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qbp_mt-qFk

Takamura does no wrong even at Gonzo. Thank you, butt god.

You and your butts :p

Kyousougiga (2nd ONA) 2

A short episode featuring the antics of crazy scientist girl Shoko. She loses remote controls and blows up houses and doesn't afraid of anything. She's also voiced by the infinitely talented Saitou Chiwa. Reminds me a little of her role as Tsurugi in Sasami-san.

This sounds intriguing.

Kyousougiga (2nd ONA) 4

I love Koto's loooong ponytail. It blows beautifully in the wind.

This episode was background/development for Myoue or something. Or at least that's what it was pretending to be. In actual fact, it was a study of the picturesque qualities of wheat fields at sunset.

Are these really short episodes?

wonzo

Banned
Looks like Kyousogiga 00 is just the original ONA with an OP & ED, new OST, and without the post credit scene of the original which is getting a BD release along with the PV & 5 other shorts soon.

Terrible news: Because we ran out of space in the OP once again while updating the Simulcast listing, Princess Robot Bubblegum is no more. :(
i blame the scots

zeroshiki

Well, the On Air page also lists the Asahi broadcast first, even though it's not the fastest, so I was just going off of that.

http://iwatobi-sc.com/onair/

In comparison, for what it's worth, the KnK page does have the faster Tokyo MX airing listed first. Though it still lists Asahi before the slightly earlier Aichi airing.

http://anime-kyokai.com/onair/

ABC Asahi being an Osaka station is probably why its more prominent than the Nagoya station. Osaka > Nagoya. I'm not sure if its exactly that though.

And yeah, ABC Asahi being prominent in the Free! promo stuff is why I got the idea that they got to show it first. I guess not. There are way more people in the Tokyo Metro area than any other individual place in Japan by a factor of 2-3 so anything shown in Tokyo has the most people watching it.

CorvoSol

I feel literally nothing when people die in Victory Gundam. It's been done so often that I don't feel anything but hatred and disgust for this entire cast of miserable, unlikeable, awful characters.

Thank you, God of Mecha, for killing them all with the Turn A Gundam in the end.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 17 (rewatch)

Ahh, here we go. A new OP and ED for what feels like the real start to the second cour. I was a little wrong in my last post about
Taiga no longer really being in love with Kitamura
, as that doesn't happen for a couple more episodes. But this episode also marks the point where
Ryuji first starts to realize he's actually in love with Taiga
. Also it brings us Kihara, who up until this point had just been "that one orange haired girl Ami hangs out with", as a new potential love interest for
Kitamura

Also, my favorite part of the second OP is that Kitamura is all but written out of it. He only appears a couple times for a few seconds each. Which is fitting as he becomes largely irrelevant from here on out.

Articalys

ABC Asahi being an Osaka station is probably why its more prominent than the Nagoya station. Osaka > Nagoya. I'm not sure if its exactly that though.

And yeah, ABC Asahi being prominent in the Free! promo stuff is why I got the idea that they got to show it first. I guess not. There are way more people in the Tokyo Metro area than any other individual place in Japan by a factor of 2-3 so anything shown in Tokyo has the most people watching it.
I think eventually I'm going to need to find a map or something showing me which regions of Japan are covered by each major anime-showing TV station. Because I still have no fucking clue how TV channels in Japan are organized.

cajunator

Banned
Have there been many shows that have made the drama to anime jump?

---

Also, I had no idea that they were going back to the well for this:
qNdoeWn.jpg

It must still be selling fairly well on DVD for them to bother getting the rights after all this time.

I remember this. Need it. Loved this series and I hate baseball.
It wasnt even because of the cuteness. It actually made baseball kind of interesting.

Yami to Boushi Something Something 1

Excuse me, this isn't the incest yuri show I ordered! It started off like that
(plus some sort of but not really NTR)
but after that occurred
this magic ray of light took Noto Mamiko's sister away and this poor man's Kero-chan ruined the shit out of this overbearing atmosphere. AND THEN we either went back in time or to some magic alternate world because magic for some nonsense terrorist plot from people we don't know about.
Also there's that witch with the sexy thighs and the big hat.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

You'll never understand heehee.
But the show is so entertaining in its mindfuckery that you wont mind never understanding anything.

With any luck they'll keep going back and applying the BD rerelease rule for more of their older titles. Cross your fingers for Hidamari.

I would rebuy all of hidamari in HD. HD Wideface mmmm.

This'd be be neat since I haven't bought any of the Sentai DVD releases yet.

I have unfortunately. As they come out on bluray I have to decide whether to double dip. If anyone wants cheap DVD versions once I replace them I might sell off some to make room.

CorvoSol

The Flowers of Evil 8

8 minutes in.

I think you have made your point clear. Can we drag this fucking walking to the slow music scene out ANY longer? This is Evangelion telephone pole boring.

People hating on Victory Gundam in this thread? Man, I don't even know what to think. Victory is amazing.

It is amazing alright. Amazing how bad one show can be. Thank goodness for Stardust Memory, or it'd be the worst UC show hands down.

yami4ct

The Flowers of Evil 8

8 minutes in.

I think you have made your point clear. Can we drag this fucking walking to the slow music scene out ANY longer? This is Evangelion telephone pole boring.

It is amazing alright. Amazing how bad one show can be. Thank goodness for Stardust Memory, or it'd be the worst UC show hands down.

I do not think it's possible for me to disagree more. Victory is one of the BEST UC shows.

cajunator

Banned
Vocaloids.

Well...they failed @_@

Jeez finding a good slice of life / comedy show is tough work.

A Channel!

School Days is a slice of life show.
Accent on the slicing.

Oh you.

According to the title Daily Lives of High School Boys is a SOL. Its also one of the best comedies of the past few years.

Yes, this. Listen to this wise man.

Its like the jman bat signal.

His hate is as adorable as Taiga.

CorvoSol

I do not think it's possible for me to disagree more. Victory is one of the BEST UC shows.

Under what definition of best? It's a horrible show. Character deaths are so predictable that the point of "this is war and people can die" is completely rubbed out because the title card might as well say "This person is going to die today." Katejina's character is completely and entirely without motivation or explanation. She just goes from "girl Uso knows" to "Nazi who is fucking Cronicle." Cronicle is the worst Char in the history of the franchise, bar none. The bad guys' master plan? PUT WHEELS. ON SPACE SHIPS.

What possible part of this is good? When suddenly the Zanscare Queen has magical healing powers? When Shakti does things only for the sake of creating drama? When magical trucks appear for that same sake and are discarded immediately thereafter?

The only good thing about Victory has been its music and its action scenes, which are sort of hard to take seriously with stuff like disappearing trucks and the goofy V2 corefighter.

Victory Gundam is UC Gundam's worst traits rolled into a single show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom