• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Oh crap, Golden Time just popped up on CR, i thought i was done with animu for the day...

Gonna check this out next I guess.

Why do I have to go to work? Why can't I watch Kill la Kill now? I hate all of you.

I know that feel. 7 days straight.

I feel like watching either Spice and Wolf or Yuyushiki now, but I don't really know if I should do so so soon after watching the lightning-fast madness of KLK. I should take some time to slow down a bit.

Nah go ahead. You probably need something slower paced.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 1: Yea, I just remembered why I don't watch the second season to something without watching the first season, made it through the cold open before being so lost that I had to end the video. I might get back to this one day, but not during the busy season.

Jarmel

Banned
I think it, more often than not, just destroys the drama rather than enhances the joke. That's my biggest problem with TTGL. Most of the drama falls flat because of tonal confusion. Don't have the same issues with KLK because it's way goofier, but I'll say more often than not mixing comedy and drama rarely benefits the whole.

I think the issue becomes when the creators want the audience to take the scene seriously and then throw jokes on top of it. Also another problem is when they don't let the jokes settle before moving on, creating this jokey atmosphere.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 1

Underwater worlds is best worlds. Screw dry land, who needs that.

Manaka is too adorable to live. Even with that, er, affliction on her knee. And the NTR feelings are pretty strong from our jealous protag(?) Hikaru here.

The whole "sea people are different!" dynamic is both interesting in itself, and seems to serve as an excuse for people to *ahem* "take an interest" in each other's bodies. Not that we even need excuses for lewdness if that Uroko sage guy is going to keep dropping indecent bombshells like he did here. Jeez, dude. Avatar of a god or otherwise, that wasn't very appropriate. Though it did result in extra adorableness from Manaka, so I guess we're all good.

Also, yay! A Ray OP! Not as incredibly wonderful as the one she did for Ano Natsu, but an excellent fit for the show nonetheless.

Looking forward to seeing more of this show.

cajunator

Banned
IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 1: Yea, I just remember why I don't watch the second season to something without watching the first season, made it through the cold open before being so lost that I had to end the video. I might get back to this one day, but not during the busy season.

Dont worry, you didnt miss a lot. Season one wasnt exactly eventful.

Jintor

Tunnelbear worked on the tablet. Thanks minto

Kill la Kill 1

Wow wow wow dat animation. Looks like it's going to be a fun romp.

The uniform is pretty dumb looking, but so's the entire show, so I can deal with it

Toriko Episode 120 The Upcoming Festival! Dangerous Wriggling Critters!

Cooking festival arc sounds like it will be a blast.
Though Komatsu is only ranked 88?! What even, he made all these difficult to find foods, he should be top ten!

mhs004

Toriko Episode 120 The Upcoming Festival! Dangerous Wriggling Critters!

Cooking festival arc sounds like it will be a blast.
Though Komatsu is only ranked 88?! What even, he made all these difficult to find foods, he should be top ten!

Wait you haven't been keeping up with the manga? You are in for a treat when it starts DTL it may be my favorite arc of all time in any franchise.

Articalys

Golden Time ep.1

What the hell was up with that bit at the end?

Well, they've got me on board at least until they explain that.

Kaga seems a bit too insane for now. Hopefully she'll mellow out just a little.

survivor

Banned
Golden Time was a complete waste of time with generic MC and bad writing. I can maybe see myself suffering through the next episode for the waifus, but I rather not, it's just not worth it.

Only other show I'm interetesd in now is Pupa.

Narag

[ Infinite Stratos 2 ] - 1

Never thought this day would come.

I demand two things after this ep:
  • pika-tan
  • a Laura/Charlotte buddy cop OVA
  • permanent wardrobe change to the cat pajamas

ZoddGutts

Man you guys weren't kidding about Golden Time being generic shit, everything was generic including the animation and character designs.

Coppelion was hard to watch because of that one short hair character voice, so god damn annoying, she's the one that often voices moe characters, but here it was crank up to 11. Don't see coming back because of her character. The ep itself wasn't good either.

InuYasha 46

Koga episode ehhhhhhhh

Another interesting Naraku spawn gets waxed in one episode :( Why must only the interesting ones die and the boring ones survive.

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf II 3

Little hard to watch this after Kill la Kill.

So this Amarty guy is pretty hot for Holo and it's probably going to get a bit ugly.

I rather liked that Diana woman. Hope to see her again. Maybe cause she's so familiar with the stories of the lands and such, she'll be somebody who can be trusted with the knowledge about Holo should things get iffy. I guess she looked kinda shady though. But she seems good. Then again I've never been that good a judge of character.

Hattori

Banned
Golden TIme
Episode 1

I can see how this can be seen as Toradora clone. That acoustic guitar + monologue reminded me of Toradora's first episode. But I think the character designs just fall flat for me, they seem soulless and generic. But there were some entertaining moments that merits a watch for the second episode for me.

Coppelion Episode 1
tumblr_mu4b29htfx1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mu4b29htfx1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty boring anime with really awkward art direction. The backgrounds look nice and such as always but otherwise it felt as if the excessive bolding and lines made characters stick out way too much from numerous scenes. Even if a style choice it seemed weird as all the scenes had nothing special going on.

The episode was really dull. After finishing the episode I read the synopsis for the series and it sounds amazing, so maybe something happens after this point that really makes it take off.

Part of me wishes they had done K s2 instead of this.

Syrinx

Hoping it actually grows with defeated uniforms. It'd be neat if it was purposefully so barebones to start.

Yeah that would be pretty cool. It did grow that little bit at the shoulders there, didn't it? Wonder how crazy it would look at the end.

Hoping it actually grows with defeated uniforms. It'd be neat if it was purposefully so barebones to start.

I thought I read something that the battlesuit got its power from the embarrassment of the wearer. I expect it to only get skimpier as the show goes on.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 1

First impression of this is that the university setting in an anime feels really fresh.

This episode was really quite fun as an introduction to the characters (and Kaga certainly has an, erm, whirlwind personality). My only worry is that the character designs themselves don't look awfully appealing. The guys are about as generic as they come, and the girls seem to all be variations on the same standard "grown-up woman" look that isn't really to my taste (even Chinami, who's clearly intended as the "token loli" type).

Kind of makes me feel like I'd be better off just watching Toradora! instead; though it doesn't have the same fresh university setting, at least the character designs look much nicer.

But I'll stick with this one for the moment, since it's definitely caught me up in its energy if nothing else. Since I'm hoping to find some shows to drop this season, I'll consider getting rid of this one if the second episode doesn't keep my interest. Fingers crossed that it doesn't.

InuYasha 47

I dunno what irks me more, Koga episodes or Kikyo ones. I like Kikyo as a character, but she makes InuYasha act completely dumb and forget about Kagome who somehow always sees them -.-

Mik317

Pokemon Origins 1

wow. Nostalgia Bomb.

This was really damn good. It really is the game in anime form..unlike some other series.

Green is a tosser...which is perfect.

but yeah dat scream. That shit isn't cool yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom