• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kill la Kill - 1

Why are we even talking about anything else right now? I can't believe this is real. How did this get made? How is this possible...

I get to watch this every week?!? How can I possibly try to watch Beyond the Boundary after this??? That bar is set so high it's in space
Maybe this is a silly comparison but I enjoyed the action sequences more in Beyond the Boundary than Kill la Kill.

strongest disciple kenichi ova 5-6

ooh birdy man is here :D

And yesss the apachai backstory

ir8o9umcHzNnF.gif

still bums me out that both miu and the elder's original VA have died. :(

Is season 2 still slotted for next year?

yami4ct

What I learned today is nobody wants to talk Flowers of Evil with you unless you insult it.

If you want to talk AnH plot, I'm willing to talk. Love that series. Could talk about it all day. Just really haven't been around to chat about it. If you want to talk about the art of the anime? I really don't have much to say.

Branduil

Maybe this is a silly comparison but I enjoyed the action sequences more in Beyond the Boundary than Kill la Kill.

I don't think that's necessarily silly. Imaishi uses extreme stylization in his action scenes. Not to say the BtB action scenes aren't stylized, but they place in a generally consistent world. Imaishi is far looser with such constructs.

CorvoSol

If you want to talk AnH plot, I'm willing to talk. Love that series. Could talk about it all day. Just really haven't been around to chat about it. If you want to talk about the art of the anime? I really don't have much to say.

I think the backgrounds in the show are very pretty because they're very detailed.

Quips are for dips!

What about twips? Cuz those aren't schway.

yami4ct

I don't think that's necessarily silly. Imaishi uses extreme stylization in his action scenes. Not to say the BtB action scenes aren't stylized, but they place in a generally consistent world. Imaishi is far looser with such constructs.

I like the way Imaishi uses abstraction in visuals to bring forward more extreme versions of ideas or moods. The way disciplinary officer (forgot his name) appeared absolutely giant when he first entered the room was probably my favorite visual moment of the whole episode.

Oh my god, I fucking LOVED KICK-HEART! It's one of my favorite specials! I love Masaaki Yuasa! Now I'm just laughing that you brought that up next as something you despise. Ah man...ahahahahaha. That's great.

Bottom of this page is when it starts to air on Toonami if you want to read peoples reactions to it as it aired live in the US
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654935&page=121

And here is my infamous rant on Kickheart
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79426625&postcount=6661

Branduil

I like the way Imaishi uses abstraction in visuals to bring forward more extreme versions of ideas or moods. The way disciplinary officer (forgot his name) appeared absolutely giant when he first entered the room was probably my favorite visual moment of the whole episode.

That part was neat. Some of his other stylizations I'm not as fond of.

jman2050

I don't even really disagree with this. That was by far the best component of KnK and KyoAni is at or near the top of their class in action scenes. Which is why it sucks that they rarely do it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kyoukai no Kanata 01:

Dat Kyoto Animation loveliness. Nino-san is best girl. Mirai is like an alternate dimension version of Yui from K-On, but instead of playing guitar she attempts to hunt demons. I'm in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't even really disagree with this. That was by far the best component of KnK and KyoAni is at or near the top of their class in action scenes. Which is why it sucks that they rarely do it.
Action is easy.
Individually animated members of a large crowd at school is hard!

Kill la Kill 1

I've never really been among everyone else in the whole Kill la Kill hype thing. So excuse me while I keep my expectations in check in case of the possible scenario that the train crashes and burns.

That said, I thought that was a really solid debut.

Ryuko is definitely exhibiting some badass potential and her non serious, snarky personaily is a definite plus. That costume is still atrocious though. Mako is easily one of those characters that can bring entertainment and be the star of the show, or can get really annoying, really fast with her idiocy. Really liking the Teacher, who might turn out to be my favorite depending on how much screen time he has without the glasses. Rather not comment on the other uniform guys/girls for now, but if they turn out to be as good as Boxer guy, I could easily see myself liking them all as well.

Action was crazy good. What shines for me though is the comedic dialogue that happened during the fight and the little background moments. I'm honestly willing to forgive any and all nonsensical (or lack thereof) plot related aspects, so long as those moments continue.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, the problems of Kyoukai no Kanata are not really in the visual department. Indeed the visuals are propping up a lot of other things.

Ok, just saw Kill la Kill and I have to wonder, is gaining powers through being molested a thing? I thought it was just Gatchaman Crowds being weird and Madoka Magica making Kyubey more creepy but now I'm starting to think there's a trope I've never heard of.

Yes I thought the episode was good and no I'm not accusing it of some sort of female disempowerment thing, this is just my only interesting observation so far on it.

InuYasha 50

Sango really gets the worst character specific episodes, it really emphasizes how awful her giant boomerange weapon is when she has a sword but chooses to awkwardly swing the boomerang around against a foe with a sickle weapon. InuYasha had a real bro moment this episode and Miroku also got a bad ass scene.

Chronoexe

Kill la Kill - 01

OMFG it was awesome, super lewd and over the top. Im going to re watch this tomorrow.

Kill la Kill - 1

p2N8viH.jpg

Why are we even talking about anything else right now? I can't believe this is real. How did this get made? How is this possible...

I get to watch this every week?!? How can I possibly try to watch Beyond the Boundary after this??? That bar is set so high it's in space

I know, now I don't want to watch anything else.

Articalys

Man, I leave the thread to go to trivia night and everything just melts down, huh.

Anyway, since this probably got lost in the discussion, I just wanted to revive it:
For two more simulcasts, Crunchyroll has Strike the Blood on Fridays at 11:00am PDT, and Nagi no Asukara, which was confirmed yesterday, had its time finalized as Thursdays at 8:00am PDT, with episode 1 airing at that time tomorrow since they couldn't get it finalized before it aired today, or something.
Oh, and even after both of those they still have four more open slots for Fall simulcast shows.

All the cool people are avoiding watching Kill la Kill.

But if you don't watch it how will you validate any sort of smug critique of it?!

Also am I the only thinking that the
literally bloodthirsty sailor uniform is the one that killed her father?
I thought it seemed super obvious and that the theory would be everywhere but I'm not seeing it in anyone's impressions so far.

But if you don't watch it how will you validate any sort smug critique of it?!

I thought it seemed super obvious and that the theory would be everywhere but I'm not seeing it in anyone's impressions so far.

What if
the uniform IS her father
?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
But if you don't watch it how will you validate any sort smug critique of it?!

I think the bloodthirsty nature of the suit is going to lead to further tragedy for her, whether it had anything to do with her father or not.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In the end she has to kill herself, that's the only way to send the suit to sleep again.

Gazoinks

I think the bloodthirsty nature of the suit is going to lead to further tragedy for her, whether it had anything to do with her father or not.

Ooh, it'd be cool if she ended up separating from the suit and fighting on her own and then the suit became the final villain. Now I'm just making stuff up though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
it really bothered me that the suit was asking for blood but the show wasn't very bloody afterwards. her scissors act like a blunt object. it's sad.

Kazzy

Anywho, no matter what the case may be, I'm still excited to watch Kill la Kill for myself.

Maybe I'll even feel compelled to throw a few superlatives at it!

Man, I leave the thread to go to trivia night and everything just melts down, huh.

Anyway, since this probably got lost in the discussion, I just wanted to revive it:

For two more simulcasts, Crunchyroll has Strike the Blood on Fridays at 11:00am PDT, and Nagi no Asukara, which was confirmed yesterday, had its time finalized as Thursdays at 8:00am PDT, with episode 1 airing at that time tomorrow since they couldn't get it finalized before it aired today, or something.

Oh, and even after both of those they still have four more open slots for Fall simulcast shows.

Finally a Friday simulcast and that gives me 6 on Thursday. . One of the two announcements tomorrow has to be Kurobas! and Tokyo Ravens I hope.

Branduil

it really bothered me that the suit was asking for blood but the show wasn't very bloody afterwards. her scissors act like a blunt object. it's sad.

Well, there was the
blood splattering on Satsuki. I'm not sure if that boxing guy died or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom