• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

AOT wasn't going to win and your idea would only work if people could only vote for 1 series instead of 10.

Which I think is a good idea. You should be forced to pick only 1 show for AOTY. It's AOTY for a reason.

If we're speaking about sheer volume of fans Attack on Titan fans dwarf every other fan-group this year.

Theonik

Infinite Stratos 2 01
iSfQcKkPSxEBD.png
is6jwHPPAeSpI.png

Good end.
I already regret starting this.
Chifuu-ne corruption arc? Hell no! Or is that a clone or some shit.
But yeah still incredibly dumb and the MC is still just as stab-able. The girls should just go :SDburton each other like we saw this episode!
The blatant OVA advertisement at the end was weird as hell and could have easily been avoided but I suppose they needed filler.

Level 2 guy couldn't even dent her. So when the suit is properly functioning, that leaves Level 3 and 4. There's also a line in the preview that hints at malfunctioning issues.

A crisis befalls Ryuuko, who is unable to draw out my powers well enough.

I also thought of that, first episode and she was impervious to level 2 guys! I guess we will have 2-3 episodes against level 2 as intro to the series but after that they will have to focus on the 4 level 3 users and then the president. They can do all that in the next 12 episodes, so yeah, there will be a twist and the final enemy will be different, maybe the president's mother?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If we're speaking about sheer volume of fans Attack on Titan fans dwarf every other fan-group this year.

People assumed SAO would win last year but it didn't. Anything can happen!

And Panty and Stocking as AOTY was a disgrace. A fucking disgrace. Tatami Galaxy is still the best anime this decade.

Branduil

And Panty and Stocking as AOTY was a disgrace. A fucking disgrace. Tatami Galaxy is still the best anime this decade.

I don't think people seriously thought SAO would win. There was legitimate fear it would make the top-10, though.

AoT will certainly get more votes than SAO.

SAO's large fanbase mostly lies elsewhere. On gaf, its OT is 1/5 the size of AoT's, and a lot of that is complaining.

Titan will at least make the top 10. No doubt. AoT dwarfs SAO in terms of popularity. Still up in the air how people will view KLK when all is said and done.

Gazoinks

Okay AnimeGAF, I need some advice. Should the next show I start from my backlog be: Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, The Tatami Galaxy, or The Flowers of Evil?

Okay AnimeGAF, I need some advice. Should the next show I start from my backlog be: Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, The Tatami Galaxy, or The Flowers of Evil?

You should definitely check out Flowers of Evil before the end of the year. You can't really go wrong with any of those choices, but Tatami and Flowers are the shorter of the four.

BluWacky

What are you in the mood for? They're all quite different, and two of them are longer shows. I could pick my favourite, but if you're going to watch all of them that doesn't really help you pick an order.

Is there a way to know when a series on Crunchyroll will no longer be available? I know Giant Killing was in there at one point and all this Infinite Stratos hype has got me wanting to watch the first series.

LegatoB

Is there a way to know when a series on Crunchyroll will no longer be available? I know Giant Killing was in there at one point and all this Infinite Stratos hype has got me wanting to watch the first series.
They'll usually post an announcement when a series is within a couple weeks of going down, but other than that, nope.

SAO's large fanbase mostly lies elsewhere. On gaf, its OT is 1/5 the size of AoT's, and a lot of that is complaining.

Even bigger difference if you count manga thread.

Attack on Titan (anime thread)
posts 7,495 views 575,425
Attack on Titan (manga thread)
posts 977 views 80,633

Sword Art Online OT
posts 1,112 views 85,848

Tenumi

Banned
Golden Time: 01

Welp.... my first drop of the season. It couldn't draw nor keep my attention, and it felt, for lack of better terms, average and conservative, not wanting to take chances.

I'll have to get to Toradora sometime when I have a good opening for it...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Time for everyone to furiously post in the KLK thread to give it the illusion of massive mainstream popularity.

sixtyfivedays

Neo Member
I subbed to Crunchyroll for watching Attack on Titan. I am currently in the middle of Bakemonogatari, what else is on this service that I should watch before I cancel it?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 1

Hm...first episode didn't have much of a "hook", but I'll keep watching to see where it goes. Not bad overall though, I suppose. Character designs are a bit bland thus far, but the animation is decent enough. But hey, at least it seems like it'll be better than that other vampire show this season.

Quasar

Even bigger difference if you count manga thread.

Attack on Titan (anime thread)
posts 7,495 views 575,425
Attack on Titan (manga thread)
posts 977 views 80,633

Sword Art Online OT
posts 1,112 views 85,848

I don't know how reflective that is, I mean I've never been to any show specific thread just this main one.

That said there is no vocal group of haters for AoT that there is for SAO on neogaf.

In a way I was surprised SAO got as high as it did. Maybe there was more people like me who deliberately voted it higher to get it higher up the list to annoy the SAO haters.

Gazoinks

Thanks for the tips. i think what I'll probably do is Tatami then Flowers of Evil. Want to get Flowers of Evil out of the way by the end of the year so I can say I watched another AOTY contestant besides KLK.

Strike the Blood 1

Another one for making nose bleeds more serious than intended, although nowhere near as severe as One Piece for example. Oh well, not knowing you're dangerous can get you a waifu at least.

Didn't really get hooked into this, but it wasn't too bad. Might check it out next week, granted since it didn't hook me in, there's also the possibility that I forget to check and stop caring. Lets see how that works out next Friday.

EDIT: Fuck yeah Ippo

Tenumi

Banned
Nagi no Asukara: 01

Unlikeable main characters, even worse background characters, and creepyness abound. Not even the power of moe could save this for me. I really wanted to give it the 3 episode rule, but.... I can't do it. Dropped.

Necrovex

Hajime no Ippo 24-28

What a way to end the rookie tournament. Mashiba isn't that bad of a guy. Every opponent is going to have a heartfelt story. That's how it is in Ippo's reality.

As always, Takamura is hilarious, Ippo is slowly becoming a deity, and Aoki will never get his money from the bet.

It'll be interesting to see what changes Ippo's mind concerning the all-star rookie tournament. And to see when Ippo will obtain the courage to speak to that girl for more than 30 seconds.

Tizoc

Moeshit? Generic? Stop talking out of your ass and actually watch Little Witch Academia.

I did but...I got bored from it and wasn't at all impressed =/ I didn't even get all the animation praise, the animation was fine, but nothing mind blowing.

Ignoring your comments about LWA, for now, I feel like Inferno Cop would lose most of it's charm if it looked like a "real" anime.

Well either way I want more Inferno Cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom