• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

I did but...I got bored from it and wasn't at all impressed =/ I didn't even get all the animation praise, the animation was fine, but nothing mind blowing.

What would you consider mind-blowing animation?

Mind you, I don't think LWA is the best animated thing of all time or anything even close to that, but it's got a distinct style, with gorgeous effects and spot-on cartoony expressiveness. Not to mention it's very fluid, far more than usual for non-film anime (and even some films).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Happy birthday!
May your garden stay pure and clean for eons to come!

egPLjs1.gif

Thank you Thoraxes-bro! MARU!

jgminto

Nagi no Asukara 1

It's been long enough since my last one so I'm ready for a new romance show to fill my heart with manufactured lovey-dovey stuff. The setting is really nice, although kinda underwhelming after just watching Ponyo, not really fair to compare it though. The split between the land and sea humans will probably lead to a Romeo and Juliet style story I bet. The main fish guy is quite an asshole though, I hope he doesn't end up getting the girl, land boy is so much better. I'll keep watching.

CorvoSol

Inferno Cop 2

Did I say this was the Anime of the Year?

I'm sorry for saying that.

What I meant to say was that this is the ANIME OF THE FOREVER.

jediyoshi

Sora no Woto 3

JErsWgJ.png

Love the sense of time in the show. Mornings really look like mornings and then just scanning through the episode you can tell the day is gradually passing.

Surprised for the plot since this type of story is usually used for redeeming characters when they seem overly tough or unsympathetic and Rio is already A-OK. Works with the backstory they're telling of her in any case.

Owl's appearance is great, show's up just about as much as I wish Dera would in TM.

Sora no Woto 4

99K2DSI.png

Noel is too based. These glass blowing characters are rad.
Kanata suddenly having an epiphany with the horn is super silly, but I guess nothing sillier than what's been on K-On. Such a chillax episode.

Don't know if I'm going to get over how silly that tank is.

I agree Attack of Titan is pretty bad. However the entire shounen genre has turned pretty meh. All I watch nowadays is Naruto and Gintama. Even then I only watch canon Naruto.

wonzo

Banned
Okay AnimeGAF, I need some advice. Should the next show I start from my backlog be: Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, The Tatami Galaxy, or The Flowers of Evil?
The Flowers of Evil
The Tatami Galaxy
Fate/Zero

In that order, I'd wait for the VN release by JAST for Steins;Gate.

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 33

jpVFEbb.jpg

Louise Halevvy is scientifically the worst woman in the entire Gundam Franchise. Quess Paraya? Small fries. She gets lost after 2 hours. Fa Yuiry? Redeems herself in ZZ. Lacus Clyne? Actually Haman Khan. Nena Trinity? At least she has red hair. A woman from AGE, you say? Hahaha, that's funny THERE WERE NO WOMEN IN AGE. Relena? Please, she and PMI are like, legitimately attractive women compared to this person.

I want to tell you precisely why Louise Halevvy from AGEtory Gundam is the worst woman in the entire franchise, but I'm afraid that unlike the science which proves this fact, all I will want to do is spend this time saying very, very mean things about her.

So settle for the fact that she is a fucking despicable, inane, irredeemable whoremouth whose bitchtasm is so enormous the entire universe quivers before it. Never has there been a more stomach-turningly awful woman in the franchise. She climbs her way to power by fucking the WORST FUCKING CHAR EVER CREATED (no, seriously, I will defend to the death ZEHEART GALETTE being better than Chumpicle Asser.). It cannot be because of skill BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T FUCKING HAVE ANY. You don't have skill when you get your ass handed to you EVERY SINGLE TIME. BY CHILDREN. WHO HAVE NO EXPERIENCE. It can't be because of experience, because ALL of her experience is again, getting her ass handed to her by a brat who wishes he was even half as fucking slick as Mighty Max or the kid from the fucking BK Kids Club.

Uso is so fucking uncool his name has to be said every single minute (no seriously every minute of this episode Uso's name is said.) to remind you this fucking twip is supposed to be the main character.

So the only reason Louise Halevvy has left for being promoted is because tonight she gave Chumpicle Asser anal, and that was worth the promotion to Lt. or Cpt. or whatever the fuck she is today. I presume this is the same way that Maria Armonia wound up Queen of the Zanscare because it sure as fuck was not through any political prowess of her own, let alone skill, personality, or anything like that. Unless we're all willing to agree that Blankey from the Brave Little Toaster has the gumption to rule over a brutal, fascist nation.

Nothing about the Zanscare Empire makes sense. NOTHING. "We want women to rule!" but your queen has no power. "A gentler rule!" which you enforce with a fucking guillotine. You put WHEELS ON SPACESHIPS. You promote people who lose ALL THE TIME. EVERY SINGLE DAY THEY LOSE and you STILL promote them. You build the most fucking retarded mobile armor in the history of what is scientifically referred to as the biggest fucking waste of money ever. Let's forget the fact that Mobile Armors ALWAYS fail, usually in their first sortie. Let's forget it has been that way for TWO HUNDRED YEARS. Let's forget that the sheer number and stupidity of them basically bankrupted the Zeon. Your stupid fucking Dodoge couldn't have made any sense at all from the get go because it just couldn't. It was supposed to combine and recombine and that was supposed to be its big advantage, except that the MOST BASIC of Gundam tactics beat it: slash and shoot. I mean REALLY. Did that thing even HAVE a beam-shield on it? What were you THINKING. What is anyone in this Empire EVER thinking?

What the FUCK is the Federation doing right now that these people, who honestly I'm not sure how they manage not to get their fucking dicks caught in their zippers each day, are somehow managing to CONQUER anywhere? Did the Federation just think they were so goddamn stupid that they weren't worth fighting? Is the sight of these hilariously shitty MAs so stupid that Federation soldiers are dying from laughter? Are the hopelessly incompetent generals and captains and soldiers all so pathetic that the Federation is basically letting them win out of pity?

Come the fuck on. I watched AGE. I watched 00. I watched Destiny and Stardust. To be entirely and completely honest, I don't know that I can finish AGEtory, though. I just don't. It's so bad. It's stupid in a way that even AGE could never be.

Take Shakti for example. EVERYTHING Shakti does is only done for the sake of being the stupidest thing ever done in this franchise. Like seriously, Oliver DIED and Uso's mom was kidnapped and why? Because Shakti, who had JUST been rescued, ran RIGHT THE FUCK BACK TO THE ZANSCARE. Why? WHY. There is no reason, except that Oliver had to die because he'd been in 30 episodes by that point. Nevermind that fucking random moment where Shakti just started planting trees and shit.

I can't even take satisfaction that these horrible stupid characters die brutal deaths because everyone does and it is so predictable that you can just go "Oh is the preview focusing on Connie? Welp, time for Connie to get in her fucking grave, I guess."

This whole show is if like Star Wars Episode 2 had featured just Jar Jar the whole way through. AGEtory Gundam is without a doubt one of the worst series in the entire franchise, and for Gundam, that's saying a LOT.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Strike the Blood Episode 1: Right, certainly not the worst thing to with vampires that has appeared this season; though that is not saying much. Anyway, this was kind of the opposite of Kyoukai no Kanata, decent writing, decent if standard characterizations, dumb comedy spots, horribly bland visual designs and animation. I guess there is enough her to keep me watching for the moment, but I can see myself dropping this show very quickly if it doesn't pick up the pace.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Victory Gundam 33

jpVFEbb.jpg

Louise Halevvy is scientifically the worst woman in the entire Gundam Franchise. Quess Paraya? Small fries. She gets lost after 2 hours. Fa Yuiry? Redeems herself in ZZ. Lacus Clyne? Actually Haman Khan. Nena Trinity? At least she has red hair. A woman from AGE, you say? Hahaha, that's funny THERE WERE NO WOMEN IN AGE. Relena? Please, she and PMI are like, legitimately attractive women compared to this person.

I want to tell you precisely why Louise Halevvy from AGEtory Gundam is the worst woman in the entire franchise, but I'm afraid that unlike the science which proves this fact, all I will want to do is spend this time saying very, very mean things about her.

So settle for the fact that she is a fucking despicable, inane, irredeemable whoremouth whose bitchtasm is so enormous the entire universe quivers before it. Never has there been a more stomach-turningly awful woman in the franchise. She climbs her way to power by fucking the WORST FUCKING CHAR EVER CREATED (no, seriously, I will defend to the death ZEHEART GALETTE being better than Chumpicle Asser.). It cannot be because of skill BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T FUCKING HAVE ANY. You don't have skill when you get your ass handed to you EVERY SINGLE TIME. BY CHILDREN. WHO HAVE NO EXPERIENCE. It can't be because of experience, because ALL of her experience is again, getting her ass handed to her by a brat who wishes he was even half as fucking slick as Mighty Max or the kid from the fucking BK Kids Club.

Uso is so fucking uncool his name has to be said every single minute (no seriously every minute of this episode Uso's name is said.) to remind you this fucking twip is supposed to be the main character.

So the only reason Louise Halevvy has left for being promoted is because tonight she gave Chumpicle Asser anal, and that was worth the promotion to Lt. or Cpt. or whatever the fuck she is today. I presume this is the same way that Maria Armonia wound up Queen of the Zanscare because it sure as fuck was not through any political prowess of her own, let alone skill, personality, or anything like that. Unless we're all willing to agree that Blankey from the Brave Little Toaster has the gumption to rule over a brutal, fascist nation.

Nothing about the Zanscare Empire makes sense. NOTHING. "We want women to rule!" but your queen has no power. "A gentler rule!" which you enforce with a fucking guillotine. You put WHEELS ON SPACESHIPS. You promote people who lose ALL THE TIME. EVERY SINGLE DAY THEY LOSE and you STILL promote them. You build the most fucking retarded mobile armor in the history of what is scientifically referred to as the biggest fucking waste of money ever. Let's forget the fact that Mobile Armors ALWAYS fail, usually in their first sortie. Let's forget it has been that way for TWO HUNDRED YEARS. Let's forget that the sheer number and stupidity of them basically bankrupted the Zeon. Your stupid fucking Dodoge couldn't have made any sense at all from the get go because it just couldn't. It was supposed to combine and recombine and that was supposed to be its big advantage, except that the MOST BASIC of Gundam tactics beat it: slash and shoot. I mean REALLY. Did that thing even HAVE a beam-shield on it? What were you THINKING. What is anyone in this Empire EVER thinking?

What the FUCK is the Federation doing right now that these people, who honestly I'm not sure how they manage not to get their fucking dicks caught in their zippers each day, are somehow managing to CONQUER anywhere? Did the Federation just think they were so goddamn stupid that they weren't worth fighting? Is the sight of these hilariously shitty MAs so stupid that Federation soldiers are dying from laughter? Are the hopelessly incompetent generals and captains and soldiers all so pathetic that the Federation is basically letting them win out of pity?

Come the fuck on. I watched AGE. I watched 00. I watched Destiny and Stardust. To be entirely and completely honest, I don't know that I can finish AGEtory, though. I just don't. It's so bad. It's stupid in a way that even AGE could never be.

Take Shakti for example. EVERYTHING Shakti does is only done for the sake of being the stupidest thing ever done in this franchise. Like seriously, Oliver DIED and Uso's mom was kidnapped and why? Because Shakti, who had JUST been rescued, ran RIGHT THE FUCK BACK TO THE ZANSCARE. Why? WHY. There is no reason, except that Oliver had to die because he'd been in 30 episodes by that point. Nevermind that fucking random moment where Shakti just started planting trees and shit.

I can't even take satisfaction that these horrible stupid characters die brutal deaths because everyone does and it is so predictable that you can just go "Oh is the preview focusing on Connie? Welp, time for Connie to get in her fucking grave, I guess."

This whole show is if like Star Wars Episode 2 had featured just Jar Jar the whole way through. AGEtory Gundam is without a doubt one of the worst series in the entire franchise, and for Gundam, that's saying a LOT.

Really hilarious writeup but its just factually incorrect. Relena is the worst girl in all of Gundam.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kanon (2006) 6

I can't say I'm fully engaged or entertained with this show, but at least it's trying to go somewhere now for once. Or at least I hope it is.

Steroyd

Strike in the Blood - 01

At the very least, it's a watchable show with vampires in it for a long while, shame I can't say the same for that misogynist pile of shit otome show Diabolik Lovers.

Midonin

With the show at the halfway point now, I find myself way more invested in Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live than I ever thought I would. It's way more Lisa Frank than TV's Frank, and generally requires a certain kind of tolerance for cuteness. Not the moe kind of cuteness, the other kind.

I tried watching a few episodes of Aurora Dream and just stopped partway through, but when I saw the music theme for this season, I wanted to watch it... and it's got a decent story going on for it. Rinne is adorable, a kids' version of a Rei clone, and in the one musical performance she did give early on, I was blown away. Ayane Sakura singing something almost Disney-esque.

But it's not the Prism Stone team, fun as they are (Ito is such a tsundere) that keeps me watching, it's the Edel Rose team. Bell and Wakana (what has my Uchida love brought me to?) have an interesting personal history, and while Bell's departure and return was a bit melodramatic, she's pleasant underneath it all. But Otoha is the star. From Bell's servant girl to momentary defector to rocking sax player. The butler is often smarter as smart or smarter than his master, and Otoha's got a lot of guts for a shy girl.

I really like the music, too. "gift" most of all.

CorvoSol

I wish I could find Pokemon: The Origin not subbed by a fucking weeaboo. I mean COME ON. Pokemon Zukan? Tamamushi City? Rocket Dan? We've had names for these things for like, longer than you've been alive, you goldurn weeb.

Tenumi

Banned
Strike the Blood: 01

Well, well, something that was mostly enjoyable! Normally this isn't my kind of show, but it clicked for me. I'll be at least giving it it's 3 episodes, but I can see myself watching the full show.

Midonin

I wish I could find Pokemon: The Origin not subbed by a fucking weeaboo. I mean COME ON. Pokemon Zukan? Tamamushi City? Rocket Dan? We've had names for these things for like, longer than you've been alive, you goldurn weeb.
There will be a legible version before long.

In KlK 01 what reminded more of FLCL were some visual cues than the characters or dialog, etc.
LG8lKaC.png
nuEBRul.png

Like here, but looking at it better they are pretty different.

Ryuuko talking with the kids, the perspective going back and forth, like Naota and Amarao in episode 06. And Ryuuko dodging the bulletspunches like Haruko in episode 05.

And I would like to ask if any of guys make some mention of Utena spoilers in impressions, please, please, please tag it! Ok? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom