• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned

Hmmm. Im not feeling this one. She doesnt sound quite right.
More like a villain lol.

And Sentai Filmworks' next license for the Fall season is Golden Time.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...adds-golden-time-college-romance-comedy-anime

WIll watch

Infinite Stratos 2: 01

Oh my...

Yes indeed :D

How IN THE FUCK DOES A MOESHIT MAGICAL GIRL ANIME WITH GENERIC CHARACTER TYPES GET FREAKIN' FULL ANIMATED SHORTS BUT WE CAN'T GET A CRAZY AS BALLS AWESOME INFERNO COP SHORT?!!?!?!?
Seriously Inferno Cop was crazy awesome and hilarious, if they made a proper anime it can just be about the craz shit Inferno Cop goes through in Jack Knife Edge Town and it'd be anime of the year.

Whoa now. LWA is legit good! Not just moe but well written and animated. Its quality. and I dont mean QUALITY.

Impossible.

Youre probably right. This show will just go the Gurren Lagann path to legend.

Jarmel

Banned
Crunchyroll subs suck shit this season.

Like holy fuck. I'm reading some stuff from a different source for the first episode of Kyoukai no Kanata and some of the dialogue is completely different. I decided to check after seeing how bad the subs were for Kill La Kill and my hunch was right. The dialogue is much better, although it's still is kinda bad. Some of the lines are completely different. Like what the fuck.

They fucked up bad. Some of the lines have completely different meanings. I'll post some examples once I finish the episode.

Like holy fuck. I'm reading some stuff from a different source for the first episode of Kyoukai no Kanata and some of the dialogue is completely different. I decided to check after seeing how bad the subs were for Kill La Kill and my hunch was right. The dialogue is much better, although it's still is kinda bad. Some of the lines are completely different. Like what the fuck.

They fucked up bad. Some of the lines have completely different meanings. I'll post some examples once I finish the episode.

Wow really :/

I know they botched the lemon scene in Kill La Kill

I wish I could find Pokemon: The Origin not subbed by a fucking weeaboo. I mean COME ON. Pokemon Zukan? Tamamushi City? Rocket Dan? We've had names for these things for like, longer than you've been alive, you goldurn weeb.

Just started myself and I cringed so hard at Pokemon Zukan.

Still won't stop me from watching since I waited all day for this.

Narag

Is KLK CR or aniplex subbing?

CorvoSol

Within the week, at least.

Man, that's too long. I'll probably just tough it out and wade through the Weeb and see if the sakuga saves my soul from it.

Just started myself and I cringed so hard at Pokemon Zukan.

Still won't stop me from watching since I waited all day for this.

Basically this.

The Flowers of Evil 11

Not sure how I feel about a relationship in which one of these people actively tortured the other for so long, but eh. Kasuga is a slimy, miserable coward. His humanizing moment has come and gone, and he basically hasn't learned from it, whereas Saeki and Nakamura's characters have benefited. Kasuga spends so much of this episode saying "I'm going nowhere" when he HAD the chance to go. I really hope Nakamura blows him off next episode.

Dream sequence was a triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.

Saeki is Waifu of the Year, guys. Girl is class embodied.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Charlotte x Laura S2 01

TqEFbPd.jpg

OTP! OTP!

So yeah, this is basically all I'm interested in this show for. Ichika continues to be one of the worst harem MCs ever, don't know what they see in the fuckwit, but isn't that how it always goes.

Doesn't matter though, as the show has made perfectly clear who the real OTP is.

3zYQwYG.jpg

OTP! OTP! OTP! OTP! OTP! OTP! OTP! OTP!

Pirabear

Banned
So uh, is 2nd place for anime of the season
Valvrave 2
getting an OT, or is everyone just going to use the previous one?

I wish I could find Pokemon: The Origin not subbed by a fucking weeaboo. I mean COME ON. Pokemon Zukan? Tamamushi City? Rocket Dan? We've had names for these things for like, longer than you've been alive, you goldurn weeb.

Indeed. I want to watch all of this, but I'm not going to drown in my desperation just to watch some weeaboo subbing. I mean fuck man.

The Flowers of Evil 11

Not sure how I feel about a relationship in which one of these people actively tortured the other for so long, but eh. Kasuga is a slimy, miserable coward. His humanizing moment has come and gone, and he basically hasn't learned from it, whereas Saeki and Nakamura's characters have benefited. Kasuga spends so much of this episode saying "I'm going nowhere" when he HAD the chance to go. I really hope Nakamura blows him off next episode.

I think unless you've been inside that concoction of heavy guilt and fierce self-loathing, it's difficult to understand how much it imprisons you mentally.

Theonik

daisuki and cr were the same i think...
I can't access CR's version because of regional BS so I can't check.
Does CR let you disable subs for KLK? Usually when Aniplex subs things they'll deliver it hardsubbed to streamers.

Narag

I can't access CR's version because of regional BS so I can't check.
Does CR let you disable subs for KLK? Usually when Aniplex subs things they'll deliver it hardsubbed to streamers.

I was wondering. Never thought to check last night.

Midonin

Quick thoughts on everything I've watched in the past few days (fall edition):

Miss Monochrome 1

Tongue in cheek humor is good, CGI I'm on the fence on.

Beyond the Boundary 1

Feels like Chuunibyou if it wasn't delusional.

Coppelion 1

The second post-apocalyptic show in a row with really beautiful scenery. I like the girls, need more time to get a feel.

Aikatsu! 51

That's not Kaori Ishihara's voice!

Nagi no Asukara 1

Lots of accusations, not much in the way of friendly crustaceans. But it reminds me of Umi Monogatari.

Kill La Kill 1

pixiv, I need more Den-O jokes from you out of this.

Infinite Stratos 2 1

A nice showing of everyone as a reintro, but it felt kinda like teasing for the Long Vacation version.

Golden Time 1

Cute, but hasn't established quite enough yet for me to make a call.

YuuShibu 1

I like it. I like it very much. Work com, fantasy and fanservice - a knockout triad.

Strike the Blood 1

I've liked both other works from the author, but it feels like this one also needs more time to set up its world before I make a call.

Also watching Kyousougiga, but since that was just a repeat of the ONA, no need. Off to a fine start already.

CorvoSol

Indeed. I want to watch all of this, but I'm not going to drown in my desperation just to watch some weeaboo subbing. I mean fuck man.

The weeb shit sucks, but the nostalgia washed it off.

I think unless you've been inside that concoction of heavy guilt and fierce self-loathing, it's difficult to understand how much it imprisons you mentally.

I should clarify that it isn't that I don't understand Kasuga, it's that I don't feel sorry for him. I can see why he feels how he does, but I don't pity him. Well, scratch that. I do, but not because of all this. What I pity him for is that he doesn't have anyone around him he can reach out to. None of his friends are that close, and its evident that, whether it is because of culture or design, his family isn't the type for him to feel safe about, either.

So I give him my pity, but I do so not because of his situation, but because he doesn't have anyone with him he can share this with, except Nakamura, and my jury's still out on her.

In the event that there is no second season for Aku no Hana (which is a strong possibility) I encourage you to read the manga after finishing the anime. Saeki has a great arc.

Saeki so good.

Jarmel

Banned
Alright so I decided to do a comparison after seeing how Crunchy fucked up the KLK subs and I went back and looked at KNK's subs. Here's three different scenes in KNK's first episode between Crunchy and a different subber.

Scene #1
Different Sub:
Crunchy Sub:
--
First one implies that she's always careful about there being students around.
--
Scene #2
Different Sub:
Crunchy Sub:
---
Crunchy subs literally don't make sense. You can't kill an inanimate object. Different sub also implies she's trying to avoid destroying school property.
---
Scene #3
Different Sub:
Crunchy Sub:
---
Complete reversal of the joke and also implies that the two are childhood friends.
---

Crunchy subs in short, are fucking awful. There's some more minor stuff where the dialog in Crunchy's subs are more ordinate and stiff, but I thought that was enough pictures for one post.

I mean god damn at that last scene. They completely ruined the joke.

CorvoSol

Saeki being a waifu of any sort amuses me.

Iunno, girl has a winner's smile, is genuinely nice, and as the show has gone on I've just kinda latched onto her. I suppose it could be ironic, since Kasuga spends all that time idolizing her, but who cares? It's only anime.

Hmm... This is odd though I guess there would nothing stopping Aniplex from just providing a script.

It's the gist of it though I'd have thought that CR would have edited the script given the mess it has caused. Maybe they will on later episodes.

Is it really aniplex? At least of their shows I saw they always had the logo permanently on the video and the hardsubs, (magi, valvrave) Kill La Kill doesnt...

Alright so I decided to do a comparison after seeing how Crunchy fucked up the KLK subs and I went back and looked at KNK's subs. Here's three different scenes in KNK's first episode between Crunchy and a different subber.

Scene #2
Different Sub:
Crunchy Sub:
---
Crunchy subs literally don't make sense. You can't kill an inanimate object. Different sub also implies she's trying to avoid destroying school property.

In a world of magic and youmu and using ones blood for an ability...are we sure buckets truly cant possess some life in them?

CorvoSol

My nostalgia never called Bulbasuar a Fushigi-no-RAMASAMA, so I can't accept that.

This just reminded me:

Pokemon: The Origin 3

The best parts of the episode for me were the following:

First, that godly Seismic Toss. Charizard has gained some weight since duking it out in Mewtwo Strike's back in the amazing Charizard vs Charizard fight, but that Seismic Toss was where it was at.

Second, that Red doesn't take Blue's shit anymore. Ash is a loser who will never amount to shit, and Gary will always own his ass. But in this one, Red grabs Blue's shirt and pushes the pissant to the wall, ready to beat the shit out of him for being a little bitch. Red don't take shit in this one, and that's the way Red ought to be.

Third, that the greatest villain in the Pokemon world is a businessman. I, like many, enjoy the childhood journey aspect of Pokemon, and the fact that, as a kid you're basically booted out the door cuz the TV said so and you have a whole world of friends to make and adventures to have, and strength to gain. Giovanni is portrayed as a very professional, adult, business man here, and I think the idea of a grumpy man in a suit who sees the wonderful things of the world as nothing more than a means of gaining money is perhaps the realest and most effective form of villain a Pokemon story could ever have. His whole ambition is to earn money and he will do what he has to do for that reason. Definitely works setting the all-business Giovanni against the youthful idealism of Red.

wonzo

Banned

Scene #1
Different Sub:Crunchy Sub:--
First one implies that she's always careful about there being students around.
--
Scene #2
Different Sub:Crunchy Sub:---
---
Scene #3
Different Sub:Crunchy Sub:---
Complete reversal of the joke and also implies that the two are childhood friends.
---

Crunchy subs in short, are fucking awful. There's some more minor stuff where the dialog in Crunchy's subs are more ordinate and stiff, but I thought that was enough pictures for one post.

I mean god damn at that last scene. They completely ruined the joke.
What if the Crunchyroll subs are actually the correct ones?

Jarmel

Banned

2nd scene literally doesn't make sense. As for the 3rd scene, here's a translated line from the novel:

"I get it. I won't deny it. My life is pathetic. I don't have anyone to tyrannize save for you, O eater-of-lunch-on-the-toilet Akihito."

Someone would have to verify but the variant sub is much closer in meaning to the LN. It also really doesn't work in Crunchy subs as the punchline is completely gone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
2nd scene literally doesn't make sense. As for the 3rd scene, here's a translated line from the novel:

Someone would have to verify but the variant sub is much closer in meaning to the LN. It also really doesn't work in Crunchy subs as the punchline is completely gone.
All this sub business aside, I suppose that really does change the meaning by her teasing him about being a social outcast rather than say she's a social outcast.

wonzo

Banned

My point is you can't tell whether or not the translation's actually accurate by comparing it to other translations, only by comparing the original Japanese to the translation.

Quasar

Tried Strike the Blood, Outbreak Company, and Yuusha. I liked Strike the most, the other two being too uninteresting to give more than maybe a second look. Kind of a shame with outbreak, I kind of like the idea of a geek hired to be a promoter of Japanese pop culture in a fantasy kingdom.

Jarmel

Banned
My point is you can't tell whether or not the translation's actually accurate by comparing it to other translations, only by comparing the original Japanese to the translation.

Again someone would have to verify but at this point, due to KLK, I'm leery of CR's subs.

Chuck

Still without luck

This is what I care about. Can we get someone who speaks Japanese to verify which are closer to the actual meaning?

Because maybe CR didn't ruin that joke, and maybe the subber just made it better.

CorvoSol

Of course it is "fair." Also, I think you may have stumbled upon a point with that sentence. :p

I don't normally evaluate fictional characters using FMK criteria, so Saeki certainly passes as well-written and realistic and that's all I would really consider. Having low self-esteem and radiating desperation are believable flaws that enhance her character and position in the show, because she could very easily be too perfect and likable otherwise, especially when contrasted with the other two leads and their innumerable nadirs of behavior.

I just think it's amusing that
the girl who actually somehow enjoys the attention from a total creeper who steals her clothes and then wears them on their first date
gets waifu status.

I'll give you that last part, but honestly, I felt her flaws were what made her attractive. If she'd been played as being perfect when she wasn't, I'd have hated it, because a LOT of anime and JRPGs do exactly that.

Pokemon: The Origin 4

FUCK YES BITCHES CHARIZARD IS THE KING AND YOU WILL SUCK THAT FIERY TAIL. SUCK ON IT.

Holy shit, I didn't think I'd ever see anything Pokemon that was as awesome as the first movie. And I say that as someone who was hyped as fuck for the second movie. The first movie's throw-downs (specifically the Three on Three and Mewtwo vs. Mew) were basically the coolest fights I had ever seen in Pokemon, and now, I gotta say, they may have been topped.

I think I still prefer the Mewtwo from the mainline series, because he was baller as fuck, but that fight between Mewtwo and Charizard was breath-taking. The part where they were trading Swift Attacks? Amazing! Mega-Charizard X has me totally sold on X version and I don't care.

It was nice to see them finally acknowledge after all these years that what Fuji did was wrong, but it would've been nicer to have someone call him out to his face. Hell, the show still sort of skirted around the fact that nice Old Man Fuji conducted horrible, violent research on Mewtwo's body after he was born, which was the reason he was powerful and violent.

Still, dat fight, man. Charizard vs. Blastoise and then Charizard vs. Mewtwo. God DAMN this should've been an entire show. Or at the very least I hope they do a Gold and Silver one next.

Narag

Again someone would have to verify but at this point, due to KLK, I'm leery of CR's subs.

Since I'm home and can check, Daisuki and CR subs are the same so I'm betting they're provided by Aniplex rather than being CR fucking things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom