• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Yuusha 1-

This is such an awful episode, it's boring and pandering to the worst. So awful yet it had some really amazing animation it. Like pearls before swine. I feel like throwing up and being amazed at the same time.

Gazoinks

Rewatched KLK and enjoyed it more the second time around. I still feel like events needed a little more room to breathe and the dialogue in some scenes is too transparently and straightforwardly tailored around explaining power mechanics to the viewer, but it was clear to me this time around that it was a confident and streamlined introduction. The music is still boring, but listening again I almost feel like something is up with the sound mixing and the loud voices drown the music out at lot which kind of takes away from the heightened state of emotion they're trying to achieve. Still, it's a really, really gorgeous, really fun show that exudes pride, craftsmanship, and experience, and I think it's going to be great once it finds its rhythm.

I kind of want to jump on the Ryuko avatar bandwagon but a.) this could be the start of avatar-itis hell for me again and b.) I don't know if my idea would fly, haha.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. I listened more to the music on my rewatch and, while I didn't think it was particularly great, it didn't seem bad either, it's just weirdly quiet. Pacing-wise I think it was mostly aright, the only scene that could've really used more time to breathe imo was the bit where she was sad at home.

Shergal

The style of shading and light to no outlines looks similar to Takeuchi's Yuri Seijin Naoko-san OVA; it's pretty distinctive. Unfortunately I couldn't make it very far into the video; had to turn it off once the girl's breastplate got ripped off. I swear, with every passing year I loathe these sorts of ecchi tropes more and more.

The best bits are actually the ones at the beginning anyway.

God dammit Takeuchi, why don't you go back to ufotable!? :(

CorvoSol

No, Kirito has a back story and qualities placed on him. That's who whole point of that shitty "Beater" Batman bullshit he had in the second episode.

Well all I know is that he brought nothing to his relationship.

The premises are ~literally~ identical (but replace signet ring with scissor) right down to the Wakaba insert and the first episodes follow the same beats. Yes, they're not alike stylistically/symbolically/thematically (though exactly what themes KLK is trying to express I honestly can't even say at this point as it has yet to reveal its cards) but there are more than a few ways for things to mirror each other.

The Wakaba insert is the best part.

The best harem protagonist is a female one.

Utena is the best harem show.

Rinne no Lagrange was a yuri harem. I'm pretty sure there are others I can't think of right now as well.

Yeah but what about Villaguillio. Googlevideo was definitely involved with Muginami, although I can't really deny that Muginami and Madoka had things, then again Madoka and Lan, and then Lan and what's his-name.

Madoka was the only one who didn't really have a male love interest. Unless we count Dizelmine or Googlevideo.

santeesioux

So it looks like i'll be watching six shows on Saturdays plus college football and Toonami, i'm going to be glued to my tv.

Oh, and the occasional nba game, jeez.

Syrinx

Strike the Blood 1

One thing that often puzzles and bothers me in anime is how people discuss such sensitive and major stuff right in the middle of public. You can't be talkin' bout vampires and secret organizations and shit right in the middle of a burger joint. Same thing happened in KnK.

Anyway, my attention kinda went in and out throughout the episode, but I guess it's interesting enough to keep watching for now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
YuuShibu 1 (Couldn't become a hero etc etc)

It's like Maou-sama with 1000% more fanservice. I'll take it.

Also, as others have said, holy shit it's well-animated. I'd post some gifs but they'd be too NSFW. Don't want to get chickdigger'd. :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So hey guys

MOfaTIP.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Now that we know that they're not just putting in characters from action shows, I have hope for Taiga! In fact I'd say she's probably pretty likely to be in.

Which means I'm importing the HELL outta this game.

YamiBoushi 3

i6gVwlD9aWunQ.jpg

I would do a thing or two to Lilith's fine everything.

So the second episode was apparently apart of this weirdo alternate world nonsense, maybe? All I know is that Hazuki should have given herself to Lilith for obvious reasons. Also apparently Hatsumi
is some magical being who likes to go to other worlds and be other people, for some reason
? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH this show. Also that kid was trying to suck off that statue, what is even happening.

Strike the Blood Ep 1

Having another vampire this season is a bit odd as Diabolik Lovers is already succeeding and leading by moles. Otherwise just a really decent anime doing nothing special. Magic attacks and such are nice and cool but just feel a bit lifeless and dull. Nothing much to really hold ones attention this episode. Hopefully two picks up.

Strike the Blood 1

One thing that often puzzles and bothers me in anime is how people discuss such sensitive and major stuff right in the middle of public. You can't be talkin' bout vampires and secret organizations and shit right in the middle of a burger joint. Same thing happened in KnK.

Anyway, my attention kinda went in and out throughout the episode, but I guess it's interesting enough to keep watching for now.

To be fair if you walked up to someone and heard them talking about using magic powers to slay monsters you'd probably assume they're talking about a video game or tv show and just keep on walking. Or you'd think they were delusional if they said things like "I'm immortal and you can make a blood sword".

Midonin

And now I just remembered. I like the detail of Kyoukai having a Mexican restaurant be its choice of eatery. A lot of anime go with a family restaurant or a McD's stand in, but Mexican food is muy inesperado.

For someone who loathes SAO so much, firehawk sure likes bringing it up! He even has a cap of the face licking handy.

I'm tolerating it enough on Toonami, but I'm worried it may not last when the 2nd half starts. I heard it gets worse from there.

Which is why I'm hoping Log Horizon does a better job.

Strike the Blood 1

Well considering the island they are on is an island that's literally devoted to housing sprites, vampires, werewolves, etc, such talk of that shouldn't really be out of the ordinary.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
e: shark knees, would not bang, etc etc

I thought about this and decided it must have been an intentional decision to drown out Sawano's inanity with constant screaming.

Plus, like I mentioned before (either here or in the official thread), the constant yelling totally reminded me of Black Lion which is so Go Nagai it hurts. But you know, in a good way.

I'm actually fine with constant shouting in something this hotblooded; I hate it in purely comedy anime because it's typically used as an all-purpose substitute for actual humor, but it's entirely appropriate for something like Kill la Kill that also pulses with raw emotion and hyper-violence. My complaint is entirely with the softness of the music and not the loudness of the voices!

Maybe we should ask HisshouBuraiKen how much can be revealed about the CR translation process. I would have hoped they had some safeguard against translators mishearing words.

I can only speak from my own experience but I have never done a show where I didn't have a script to follow along with, or if it came in late, check my by-ear translation against. We get them straight from Japan though so it probably varies from one company to the next.

If you notice a translation problem use the "report a problem with this video" form and list your complaints, they will be read. It's not just for reporting a video won't load or whatever. You have me curious now though, it's KLK 1 and some lemon scene? I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch anything from this season yet (got a couple long flights/trips later this month, planning to get some watching in then)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I kind of have the same question. Do people really wear these types of things as pajamas or is this some kind of "furry" thing?
The line between kemomimi fandom and kemono fandom is very thin indeed.

Not everyone! Haha.
I thought I was free of that show ages ago. Why? WHY?

What do you think you're doing?! Watching an anime as it airs! Haha.

(The only ones I can really recall off the top of my heard are AKB0048, Blood-C and Madoka)
Nah, AKB I watched week to week, but the other two I watched right as they finished.

Gazoinks

I can only speak from my own experience but I have never done a show where I didn't have a script to follow along with, or if it came in late, check my by-ear translation against. We get them straight from Japan though so it probably varies from one company to the next.

If you notice a translation problem use the "report a problem with this video" form and list your complaints, they will be read. It's not just for reporting a video won't load or whatever. You have me curious now though, it's KLK 1 and some lemon scene? I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch anything from this season yet (got a couple long flights/trips later this month, planning to get some watching in then)

Yeah, here's the post where cnet went over it.

Yusubi 1
Boobs. Bouncy Boobs

Nagi no Asakura 1
The racial tensions between the sea people and land people are interesting. Outside of that, not a very drawn in show so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom