• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I'm going to hope this is true.

It was Saint's Row the Third.
I had never heard of Saint's Row before seeing that game on a Steam sale. Apparently it's a well known game, but I've never kept up and known much about Western video games. So I had no idea what it was.

What I did see was a woman in purple with a gun advertising it.
And my immediate thought was "great, I love purple. And I love video games with strong female, badass characters. There's so few video games with badass, heroic women. There's too much testosterone on the steam library and stories about macho military dudes and things out there. Being a badass woman is exactly what the doctor ordered, I'll buy this game immediately".

Then, when it appeared in my library, is a gross gangster game. Worse yet, the first thing staring me in the face was an achievement called "hoe boat" and "nut shot". The achievement having a pair of boobs with dollar signs on them. And an achievement for shooting a man's genitals.

I had an immediate reaction of "Oh no. No. Huh-uh. I'm not having this."
And proceeded to try to make it disappear as much as possible.

I'm surprised that nobody guess what it was. Because I did tell people that I didn't like it because it was "immoral" and "gross".

I still feel icky for ever having it had shown up in my library in the first place. But lucky I was able to contact a Steam mod and have it deleted from my subscription. I know now what Saint's Row is. And won't make that mistake again. Yuck.

a certain scientific railgun 1-24 end + ova

Well, that was an ok show. Nothing great nor spectacular, nor was it particularly bad. a big reason I was looking forward to it was because of the director -- I love all the other shows he directed (ano hana, ano natsu, toradora) but I guess the source material here is just that tame. I think he does touching and emotional scenes well, which railgun had very little of. I had an expectation going into this show after watching a certain magical index season 1 so I wasn't expecting a slice of life show. I thought there'd be way more action. But it's really just about day to day life in acedemy city. Production value is way better than index though. Watch this if you want more stories set in the Index world, I suppose.

The ova I was pleasantly surprised with because there was a brand new OP and ED created for it. It was a nice ep too.

Next up is a certain magical index II,then the movie, then a certain scientific railgun S.

Dresden

I had never heard of Saint's Row before seeing that game on a Steam sale. Apparently it's a well known game, but I've never kept up and known much about Western video games. So I had no idea what it was.

And my immediate thought was "great, I love purple. And I love video games with strong female, badass characters. There's so few video games with badass, heroic women. There's too much testosterone on the steam library and stories about macho military dudes and things out there. Being a badass woman is exactly what the doctor ordered, I'll buy this game immediately".

Then, when it appeared in my library, is a gross gangster game. Worse yet, the first thing staring me in the face was an achievement called "hoe boat" and "nut shot". The achievement having a pair of boobs with dollar signs on them. And an achievement for shooting a man's genitals.

I'm surprised that nobody guess what it was. Because I did tell people that I didn't like it because it was "immoral" and "gross".

I still feel icky for ever having it had shown up in my library in the first place. But lucky I was able to contact a Steam mod and have it deleted from my subscription. I know now what Saint's Row is. And won't make that mistake again. Yuck.

This is like the most anticlimatic shit ever.

Narag

That's actually somewhat understandable. I don't think people would have guessed SR either as I think the general expectation would be you'd know what you were getting into if you bought it.

Finally, closure.

zeroshiki

To be fair, I'd be pretty embarrassed to have Saints Row on my games list as well. I'm going to be making liberal use of the new PSN feature of trophy hiding.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kanon (2006) 7

I like that this show is kinda settling into a bit of a routine with it's day-to-day episode set up and the patterns with the episodes themselves. It's very VN-like which is quite fitting, of course.

Wow, this show took a nearly 180-degree turn into Serious Time that I was really not expecting at all.

Karin 1

So, I know Karin isn't the best manga series. I know it. But I like it quite a bit, so don't shoot me. But I knew there was an anime adaptation and I also new they changed the story/setting quite a bit and from what I know they changed in the adaptation, it was for the worst. At least on paper. Anyways, I know I can't knock it really until I actually watch it.

God this is a fucking mess. Ugly lackluster art and mediocre, cliched animation are only the start. There's one shot literally 20 minutes in where Karin gets her first
nosebleed
of the series and
her stream of blood from it becomes a triple trail of flowers. I'm not even fucking joking. I facepalmed through my skull
. They haven't really got into their changes to the story, so it's pretty much unaltered at this point (aside from the opening dream sequence), thank god. And honestly if it was just that, I'd just toss it in the mediocre bin...

...but for some bizarre reason Funimation got some no-name english dubbers from some odd Singapore-based ADR company to dub it and, boy, next to none of them there way out of a paper bag. Especially Kenta's voice actor; FUCK he's bad, like worst of them all bad...and he's basically the show's deuteragonist for fuck's sake. I can't fucking take it.

It's a fucking trainwreck. The music and sound design are passible, I guess, but it really doesn't save it at all. I might try the subs, but I don't know if I can handle the story changes I know are awaiting me. What were they thinking? Someone end my pain please.

That's actually somewhat understandable. I don't think people would have guessed SR either as I think the general expectation would be you'd know what you were getting into if you bought it.

Finally, closure.
Thanks. And lesson learned. Do research before pressing the purchase button.
Even if the game is super on sale for almost nothing.
That's it? Saint's Row is pretty much over the top Kool-Aid Man OH YEAH the videogame.
Sorry. I'd never heard of it before. I know next to nothing about Western video games.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Also, I think I have the most referenced tag on all of NeoGAF.
And sometimes I don't even know what people are talking about when they reference my tag.

It's a meme that predates your tag by years. Google "Square just shot themselves in the foot".

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yeah, I know.

But I get called out on it over the weirdest things.

Ah, yeah. An unfortunate byproduct of the meme is that "are you an expert?" sometimes gets used as a blanket dismissal of any commentary on Japanese culture.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ah, yeah. An unfortunate byproduct of the meme is that "are you an expert?" sometimes gets used as a blanket dismissal of any commentary on Japanese culture.
You sound like an expert.

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties 08

7shuoRil.jpg

Hamster's episode was actually pretty entertaining. The silly gag about being at a school in night was pretty funny too.

Why would you be embarrassed to have 2011 GOTY on your steam list?
I don't care about ratings. I love games that are rated horribly and am quite proud of them.

More than anything, I was freaking out by the achievements.
As soon as I saw an achievement for going on a "hoe boat" and an achievement for shooting someone's genitals.
I had a really huge NOPE NOPE NOPE moment right then. And I knew immediately I wanted to stay a mile away from that game. I don't care what anybody rated it.

By the way, this is the anime thread, right?
We should probably stop with this.

fertygo

I don't care about ratings. I love games that are rated horribly and am quite proud of them.

More than anything, I was freaking out by the achievements.
As soon as I saw an achievement for going on a "hoe boat" and an achievement for shooting someone's genitals.
I had a really huge NOPE NOPE NOPE moment right then. And I knew immediately I wanted to stay a mile away from that game. I don't care what anybody rated it.

By the way, this is the anime thread, right?
We should probably stop with this.

Man, this is hilarious.. And duckroll should've drop GTA from thread title already.

Quasar

Karin 1

So, I know Karin isn't the best manga series. I know it. But I like it quite a bit, so don't shoot me. But I knew there was an anime adaptation and I also new they changed the story/setting quite a bit and from what I know they changed in the adaptation, it was for the worst. At least on paper. Anyways, I know I can't knock it really until I actually watch it.

God this is a fucking mess. Ugly lackluster art and mediocre, cliched animation are only the start.

I didn't mind it myself, though I'd never read the manga. And I watched it subbed not dubbed. I felt it was a passable way to spend my time, but not something I'd want to own.

CorvoSol

Hi again, AnimeGAF, did you miss me? I missed you.
I had to leave NeoGAF for half a year on account of using ALL CAPS.

Much WataMote happened in my life while I was gone.

Also, I think I have the most referenced tag on all of NeoGAF.
And sometimes I don't even know what people are talking about when they reference my tag.

Shit.

He put it in a urinal. Are urinals really a mark of masculinity, or is it just a symbol of male inadequacy?

I admit, I got kind of bored and now I'm 3 episodes behind. Kugiloli with her ipad card powers was not enough.

Well then let me tell you, Kugiloli was only for the sake of pushing the Happy Prince shit. Only Alice was worth a fuck because it was actually about her and it had SHIT I EXPECTED FROM HER A WHILE AGO. See one person's iPad powers, you've fucking seen them all. They do the same fucking thing, so just go with the Alice episode.

Here, how about last week. Rikka was a crybaby as a child. Mana was always capable without being fussy until she walked. Then she became a psychopath.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sure, until the next episode crushes my spirit.

http://i.imgur.com/zAp8Sm3l.jpg

Well then let me tell you, Kugiloli was only for the sake of pushing the Happy Prince shit. Only Alice was worth a fuck because it was actually about her and it had SHIT I EXPECTED FROM HER A WHILE AGO. See one person's iPad powers, you've fucking seen them all. They do the same fucking thing, so just go with the Alice episode.

Maybe I'll just wait until they get their next power ups. :p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Doki should just end with everyone dying followed by Eternal Sailor Moon appearing and oneshotting the final boss. Leads directly into the first episode of Sailor Moon 201X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom