• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

The Tatami Galaxy 1

OH GOD STOP TALKING SO FAST I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THE SUBTITLLLEEEES.

Once I got used to the RAPID PACE, I definitely enjoyed the episode. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. Despite the weirdness and speed, the central characters are already pretty likable.

Articalys

Outbreak Company ep.1

Because why the hell not, everyone else is watching it.

Have to at least respect a kid whose first reaction to waking up in a completely unfamiliar place is to make an Evangelion reference.
That said, although the maid is cute and I'd like to think she'll go through a "learning to be more self-assertive" character arc, I've got better things to spend my time on this season.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 20 (rewatch)

(I'm just going to start spoilering my Toradora posts, since Horse Detective is currently watching Toradora for the first time I think, and I don't want to spoil him on anything in these later episodes. Or anyone else, for that matter.)

So Taiga has started to push Ryuji away, as she thinks it's her fault that Minori turned him down on Christmas Eve. We also see her talk to Kitamura about something, but we're not told what (of course we find out soon, and it's quite the bombshell). Also Ami continues to be the only one who knows what's really going on, but doesn't tell anyone outside of vague hints because reasons. Anyway, shit starts to get real next episode!

Patlabor TV 28

KMrgH0G.jpg

Now this is a mecha. I really like the blue highlights; the shade used expresses the cold, inhuman, sinister nature of electronics, and accentuates by contrast the darkness of the rest.

wonzo

Banned
Kill la Kill

Rating: 2 (out of 5)

Review:

An undeniably stylish and frantically paced (to say nothing of well hyped) show, Kill la Kill nonetheless has some problems that impacted my enjoyment of it, to the point where I had to turn it off and go to bed before resuming in the morning. The most glaring issue for me was one that may not bother all viewers – the repeated references to the rise of the Nazi party every time the students were in class. Granted, this makes a grand total of two times, but the seeming significance of the references was quite clear. Honnouji Academy, which towers oppressively over a shantytown, is ruled by a despotic student council garbed in fantastic Goku Uniforms, which grant their wearers amazing physical prowess. One student in the class in question has stolen one, and thus the burly blond Iro is out for blood. And he gets it – we open the next school day with another history lesson about Nazis as we find out that the student in question was, in fact, killed. This was an uncomfortable juxtaposition for me, as I don't feel that it is one that should be made lightly.

In between these scenes, we meet Ryuko, our badass heroine. Ryuko has come to town bearing half of a giant pair of scissors, which apparently was the weapon that murdered her family an undisclosed amount of years before. Ryuko is on the trail of the other blade, and instantly invokes the wrath of the student council – although not the stoic Satsuki, supreme leader of the bunch. Apparently she knows more than she's letting on. In any event, Ryuko finds a skimpy and sentient sailor uniform of her own in Daddy's basement, which allows her to fight the student council in a spectacular manner, upsetting the not-so-fragile balance of power at Honnouji. Thus a series is launched.

Perhaps Kill la Kill does more right than wrong – it looks good and is visually fascinating, there are plenty of anime trope jokes, and the shantytown is a great piece of background – but the aforementioned historical references and the fact that virtually every line is screamed take away from that. It wasn't for me.

i dont even

Beats

If you notice a translation problem use the "report a problem with this video" form and list your complaints, they will be read. It's not just for reporting a video won't load or whatever.

Oh, I didn't know this. The link underneath the player says "Video Playback Problem?", which I don't usually have so I never bothered clicking it. I didn't realize it took you to a 'contact us' sort of thing with multiple options. >.<

Mik317

so coming off the KLK high from yesterday I decided to watch some of the director's other works, I started with RE: Cutie Honey

tits. that is all.

lol.

But besides the insane amount of fanservice (which I do know is inline with the original and Go Nagai), it was pretty freaking insane...which is just what I wanted but lol with the seemingly recent pushback against fan-service that is there because reasons...this show would give some people ulcers.

Still it did what I wanted it to do= entertain me with insane-ness.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 21 (rewatch)

Oh man, this episode. One of the few that I have major problems with. Rant incoming:

And now we get to the episode I have a few problems with. First, Ami picking a fight with Minori after she accidentally hit her with the sled. Ami swore that Minori did it on purpose, but...wasn't Taiga the one in front? I don't know much about sleds, but I'd assume the one in front would be the one steering. And then Taiga disappears, and nobody fucking thinks to look about five feet to the right to see the broken barrier and sled tracks. In fact when it zooms out, I'm pretty sure you can see that at least a couple people ARE looking in that direction. Also did nobody notice that the sled was gone? "Hey, the sled is gone, maybe we should look for SLED TRACKS?".

A whole lot of dumb anime bullshit for the sake of drama that I admittedly let slide because I love this series so much...but man is it ever dumb.

Anyway, we also get Ryuji finally finding out that Taiga likes him, which of course is huge, and really sets the stage for the rest of the series. I just wish they didn't go about it in such a ham-handed way.

Hi again, AnimeGAF, did you miss me? I missed you.
I had to leave NeoGAF for half a year on account of using ALL CAPS.

Much WataMote happened in my life while I was gone.

Also, I think I have the most referenced tag on all of NeoGAF.
And sometimes I don't even know what people are talking about when they reference my tag.

Narag

And sometimes I don't even know what people are talking about when they reference my tag.

what was the game on your steam list that you were ashamed of

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wow, ANN really loves Coppelion. Like...a lot of their reviewers rated it decently or highly.

wonzo

Banned

NAME THE GAME

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 1

THIS IS SOME GODDAMN ANIME RIGHT HERE HOLY SHIT

My only problem is holy fuck why is the audio mix so bad? Hope they get that ironed out.

But damn this is so good. I love how the premise seems to basically be a video game like No More Heroes. Assassin ranks and all that.

Anime status:

[X] Saved
[ ] Not Saved

Syrinx

I wonder what the point of the nazi reference was. To show that it's the same world as this one?
Well they had that whole 1984 thing going there too, so probably just to kind of establish that whole oppressive regime theme in a classroom setting to open it up.

zeroshiki

While I in no way endorse that ANN review, something can be said about making use of unnecessary imagery. Its not like KLK will have anything to do with Nazi Germany or WW2 in any form (I mean, I hope not).

Yuushibu 01

This was enjoyable. The very impressive action at the start was a treat and I really like the setting of basically a modern world but everything is explained by MAGIC.

Silly heavy on the fanservice and the ED was literally the episode in reverse.

Will keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom