• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doki should just end with everyone dying followed by Eternal Sailor Moon appearing and oneshotting the final boss. Leads directly into the first episode of Sailor Moon 201X.

Well if they follow the Happy Prince story to the T, sure why not. I'll even get a yuri kiss out of this too. Doesn't matter who. It would probably redeem the series just for that one moment.....
Why the fuck did they choose a story with someone kissing? Now I know I'm gonna be let down.

jediyoshi

Sora no Woto 5

X3jw6N4.png

I really like seeing characters who have actual jobs training at what they do. The show at this point could've easily gone into just everyday antics, but this episode keeps it nice and grounded.

All the background art is so stupidly pretty I'm surprised I'm surprised anymore. Still surprised though at how they handle reflecting on the destruction of war without dragging the tone down.

The last hot spring scene with the berries might be the most comfortable thing I've seen all year.

Sora no Woto 6

2npPDlQ.png

Whoa whoa, plot arcs out of nowhere. Took me a while to catch on that they were going nonlinear this episode. Casual Kanata is K-On levels of adorable and
gangster squad
1121st Platoon has to be the best scene so far.

They did a good job balancing out exactly who knows what at any time including the audience and having it align more with Kanata's perspective which makes sense.

Articalys

Kyosogiga ep.00

Ah, that was fun to finally watch more of the series. Don't remember exactly how the original pilot was, so don't really have any comparisons to make, but this one was really good.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Doki should just end with everyone dying followed by Eternal Sailor Moon appearing and oneshotting the final boss. Leads directly into the first episode of Sailor Moon 201X.
Nah, all characters and baddies in Doki get killed by the first monster of the week that Sailor Moon then one-shots in her first ep.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nah, all characters and baddies in Doki get killed by the first monster of the week that Sailor Moon then one-shots in her first ep.

fuck it, let's just go for the ultimate shame and replace Moon with Chibiusa using Pink Sugar Heart Attack.

zeroshiki

Nichibros doesn't really run out of steam like some gag shows. It just keeps going and going. Its a shame that they ran out of material to adapt. It even has the 2nd best Book Girl in all of anime.

yami4ct

KLK Episode 1 is definitely one of the shows where the more I've sat and thought on it, the less impressed I've become. I've certainly soured on it a bit over the last day. Still interested, but the flaws really bother me. It's also way easy to see where it could go really bad. I'm really hoping it turns out well in the end, but there's certainly some really bad signs.

fuck it, let's just go for the ultimate shame and replace Moon with Chibiusa using Pink Sugar Heart Attack.

How embarrassing~

Unrelated

I remember the time I started Nichibros and Nichijou. Was harder for me to get into Nichibros because I enjoyed Nichijou a lot, and theorized that I liked female casts more than males (which was probably the reason why it was difficult at the time). Rather glad I managed to get some time in with that show though. It's pretty great.

Okay. I'm going to hope this is true.

It was Saint's Row the Third.
I had never heard of Saint's Row before seeing that game on a Steam sale. Apparently it's a well known game, but I've never kept up and known much about Western video games. So I had no idea what it was.

What I did see was a woman in purple with a gun advertising it.
And my immediate thought was "great, I love purple. And I love video games with strong female, badass characters. There's so few video games with badass, heroic women. There's too much testosterone on the steam library and stories about macho military dudes and things out there. Being a badass woman is exactly what the doctor ordered, I'll buy this game immediately".

Then, when it appeared in my library, is a gross gangster game. Worse yet, the first thing staring me in the face was an achievement called "hoe boat" and "nut shot". The achievement having a pair of boobs with dollar signs on them. And an achievement for shooting a man's genitals.

I had an immediate reaction of "Oh no. No. Huh-uh. I'm not having this."
And proceeded to try to make it disappear as much as possible.

I'm surprised that nobody guess what it was. Because I did tell people that I didn't like it because it was "immoral" and "gross".

I still feel icky for ever having it had shown up in my library in the first place. But lucky I was able to contact a Steam mod and have it deleted from my subscription. I know now what Saint's Row is. And won't make that mistake again. Yuck.

Are there really people on your steam friend list that would judge you poorly for having friggin Saints Row of all things? I imagine something like Recettear would go over worse with a bunch of people.

yami4ct

Are there really people on your steam friend list that would judge you poorly for having friggin Saints Row of all things? I imagine something like Recettear would go over worse with a bunch of people.

Yeah, pretty sure Saint's Row is considered alright by a good 99% of the gaming population, at least to the point of not judging you for having it.

Speaking of ladies in Saint's Row, Female Boss is one of my favorite strong females in video games. She's just such a damn badass. I love it.

CorvoSol

This game takes forever. I swear to god.

It reminds me of SRW, so it is good in my book.

The Flowers of Evil 12

I have no idea what is going on or where we're going. Whatever lies behind this door had better explain like, everything. It's high time we find out what is going on with Sawa and what makes her tick. I feel like every other aspect of the show's main characters has been explored, except for Sawa. I also confess that, evil, vile, and horrible as she once was, they've done an amazing job of humanizing this girl, and that while I wouldn't have ever guessed in going this direction, I'm not against it at all. I like how it reflects the earlier parts of the show: Sawa's walls are now coming down, too. Which means that everything until now has all been part of one very desperate cry for help.

Or something. I don't know. Show's definitely Animu of the Year, if for no other reason than that tenth episode.

Jintor

I assume you haven't seen (or aren't very far into) Gintama, since Nichibros is a poor man's version of that.

Crunchy's encoding is terrible and the first... 18... episodes I hear are not exactly what I would call 'compelling' (or even in many places very funny). (But then again I've only watched, what, five episodes or something?)

I have heard of course that it ramps up. I'll get there one day. For now, Nichibros is my jam.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume you haven't seen (or aren't very far into) Gintama, since Nichibros is a poor man's version of that.
I thought Sket Dance was the poor man's version of Gintama.

Yeah, pretty sure Saint's Row is considered alright by a good 99% of the gaming population, at least to the point of not judging you for having it.

Speaking of ladies in Saint's Row, Female Boss is one of my favorite strong females in video games. She's just such a damn badass. I love it.
While I don't think SDBurton is right about SR2 being the better game, I do think SR2 had the better female boss. Going back and watching some clips of SR2, I forgot she was basically a southern gal before Laura Bailey took over for SR3.

Crunchy's encoding is terrible and the first... 18... episodes are not exactly what I would call 'compelling' (or even in many places very funny).

I have heard of course that it ramps up. I'll get there one day. For now, Nichibros is my jam.

Episode 25 is when the magic starts. Prior to that, I'd probably say Nichibros beats its.

yami4ct

Christ man, that's an entire season before it gets good. You're asking for a lot of investment here! I guess proportionately it's not that much though... blargh.

It's good before that, but around that time is when it kicks it into its typically amazing high gear. Soon after that, you get the Benizakura Arc, the first major serious storyline. I still maintain that Benizakura is the best Gintama arc until the Four Devas. It's nearly perfect.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's good before that, but around that time is when it kicks it into its typically amazing high gear. Soon after that, you get the Benizakura Arc, the first major serious storyline. I still maintain that Benizakura is the best Gintama arc until the Four Devas. It's nearly perfect.
The flaw in your argument is that Tsuki is definitively the best character after Gintoki.

yami4ct

The flaw in your argument is that Tsuki is definitively the best character after Gintoki.

While the character is in fact great, I would argue the arc that introduces her has some pacing and tonal issues that hold it back to a slightly lower level than Benizakura.

Tizoc

HOLY SHIT CHARIZARD DID A FUCKING SUPLEX, WHY DIDN'T I KNOW POKEMON ORIGINS WAS OUT?!?!?

What would you consider mind-blowing animation?
The 'mind blowing animation' part might've been me falling for the GAF hyping >_>;
However one of my fav. animations in a series is from a French Animated series called Wakfu, Wakfu Season 1 Ep. 17 had a kickass fight that was wonderfully animated.
Mind you, I don't think LWA is the best animated thing of all time or anything even close to that, but it's got a distinct style, with gorgeous effects and spot-on cartoony expressiveness. Not to mention it's very fluid, far more than usual for non-film anime (and even some films).

Effects were nice, cartoony expressions I'll agree on, but your point on fluid animation makes me wonder if most of who hyped TWA have been seeing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many limited animation anime series....

Well, don't just make shit up because you're dead inside. :(

Main character falls under the hyperactive unskilled MC type.
One of her friends the sane sensible side character who gets mixed up in the MC's ridiculous shenanigans.
Hell I'd say her other friend, the quiet girl is prob. the only character I liked in the show.
They even have the uppity rich girl who treats other like crap (or at least Ako)

Sadly non of them appealed to me outside of the quiet girl, the setting was...fine, but the story did nothing, though seeing as they're making another short I'm willing to give it another chance, if it catches my interest cool, but if not *shrugs*

Whoa now. LWA is legit good! Not just moe but well written and animated. Its quality. and I dont mean QUALITY.

Like I wrote I'm willing to give the 2nd short/ep. a watch, at the very least if they can use a more intriguing story line for example, I'll get hooked.
The thing is, using 'cliche' character types is just a device used to attract the viewer, from there the creators can expand on the characters or have them work directly into the story or concept they are going for.

Sorta like what the Zero Escape games had done.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 22 (rewatch)

Honestly kinda a slow episode, but after everything that happened in 21, a bit of a break was kinda necessary I suppose. Still, things getting set up for 24 and 25, like Yasuko taking on a second job and Ryuji becoming even more confused about his feelings towards Taiga.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
While the character is in fact great, I would argue the arc that introduces her has some pacing and tonal issues that hold it back to a slightly lower level than Benizakura.
Well, the first arc is where they basically
had a troll episode about anime making shit up in order to give the manga time to catch up. lol

Her second arc is aces too!

I imagine something like Recettear would go over worse with a bunch of people.
Here's the thing.

Things like Recettear are everything I love in this world.

Whereas I generally avoid content I find to be particularly cruel or nasty.
Only rainbows and butterflies here!

I only care about the opinions of like-minded people. Someone who loves something like Saints Row and hates Recettear means nothing to me.

yami4ct

Well, the first arc is where they basically
had a troll episode about anime making shit up in order to give the manga time to catch up. lol

Her second arc is aces too!

I think part of what made Benizakura so special for me is the sheer surprise of it. The fact that Gintama can do a serious, pretty well animated and just really cool action arc is something that the show didn't really seem to be building to. It was just a comedy show with some occasional action bits. The stuff later didn't really have the surprise, because you knew the show could pull it off.

Jintor

Here's the thing.

Things like Recettear are everything I love in this world.

Whereas I generally avoid content I find to be particularly cruel or nasty.
Only rainbows and butterflies here!

I only care about the opinions of like-minded people. Someone who loves something like Saints Row and hates Recettear means nothing to me.

What if I like both? What then, huh? Did I just blow your mindddddddddd

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think part of what made Benizakura so special for me is the sheer surprise of it. The fact that Gintama can do a serious, pretty well animated and just really cool action arc is something that the show didn't really seem to be building to. It was just a comedy show with some occasional action bits. The stuff later didn't really have the surprise, because you knew the show could pull it off.
I've seen the movie like 20 times. You don't need to sell me on it. lol
The fact that it also pays off in
Four Devas
is a very nice touch.

I just like Tsuki. Tsuki x Gintoki is probably the only time I'll ever admit to shipping two fictional characters like a lonely housewife who spends too much time watching soap operas. :p

What if I like both? What then, huh? Did I just blow your mindddddddddd
Not really.

People like different things.
I just don't care about the opinions of someone who would judge me negatively for enjoying things like Recettear.

I like cute, sugary, innocent types of things in life the most. So there's certainly no point in being anything other than proud of that fact.
It's an integral part of who I am.

I also just responded to a completely silly post in a completely serious fashion. I'm silly, like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom