• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I've seen the movie like 20 times. You don't need to sell me on it. lol
The fact that it also pays off in
Four Devas
is a very nice touch.

I just like Tsuki. Tsuki x Gintoki is probably the only time I'll ever admit to shipping two fictional characters like a lonely housewife who spends too much time watching soap operas. :p

Shipping in a long term anime is a losing game. The one thing about long term anime that really gets hurt is the inability to really develop character relationships.

Totally get the impulse with Tsuki x Gintoki, though.

CorvoSol

The Flowers of Evil 13

END OF PART ONE!?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shipping in a long term anime is a losing game. The one thing about long term anime that really gets hurt is the inability to really develop character relationships.

Totally get the impulse with Tsuki x Gintoki, though.
The hilarious thing is that poll that showed that fujis HATE Tsuki and consider her the worst female character in anime. Because even they know she's the only one to break up the Gintoki x Hijikata combo. lol

yami4ct

The Flowers of Evil 13

END OF PART ONE!?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're at that moment. Man, haha. I wish I could go back and read the series again for the first time. The whole
festival
storyline was the perfect blend of terror and tension right up to the explosive conclusion.

CorvoSol

Did any of that ending even happen? The last two-to-three episodes got so freaking metaphysical that I don't know now if I was right or not about the show
ending with a knifing
. It just, I just. I don't know how I feel right now. They're making a second season, right? Japanese kids watched this and it did amazing, right?

Dammit I need some Inferno Cop to wash away my bitter tears.

yami4ct

Please don't ban me but I think Half Life 2 is utter tripe.

It's definitely a game that shows its age. So many things like the physics puzzles just don't hold up when compared to modern games. Makes sense why Valve is taking so long to make HL3. It's a losing proposition. No way everyone comes away happy. I'd be absolutely terrified to be on that team.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did any of that ending even happen? The last two-to-three episodes got so freaking metaphysical that I don't know now if I was right or not about the show
ending with a knifing
. It just, I just. I don't know how I feel right now. They're making a second season, right? Japanese kids watched this and it did amazing, right?

Dammit I need some Inferno Cop to wash away my bitter tears.
I believe in a second season, because hey, apparently they knew this would bomb and it is helping pimp the manga.

Please don't ban me but I think Half Life 2 is utter tripe.
I'm addicted to Steam, and yet I've never played a Valve game in my life.

Well, except one of my irl friends who forced me to play Portal at her house because she's obsessed with GlaDos.

In fact, I've never played a first person shooter before in my life except at a friend's house.
Touhou Fortress 2 sounds someone enticing, though.

So does the Mega Man Doom mod.

I've never been a first person shooter person. I've pretty well ignored them since I was a small child.

CorvoSol

I believe in a second season, because hey, apparently they knew this would bomb and it is helping pimp the manga.

It bombed?

Fuck Japanese kids forever. Getting plane tickets now to punch their shit for liking fucking SAO and AoT but not goddamn the Flowers of Evil. Then I'm coming back to America and finishing the job.

Make sure you watch Turning Girls after Inferno Cop, Corvo.

What's that?

It bombed?

Fuck Japanese kids forever. Getting plane tickets now to punch their shit for liking fucking SAO and AoT but not goddamn the Flowers of Evil. Then I'm coming back to America and finishing the job.

What's that?

There's a fujoshi in it. And a green annoying wannabe idol. And this hot yellow girl
that totally came out wrong but it's her clothing..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have no idea what Turning Girls is, but every time I see the title I think it's a show about turning girls lesbian or something.

SDBurton would probably love that.

See, you should totally watch Precure!

Because some characters grow breast in Doremi
Ahhhhhhh, no, that's so terrible.;_;

My Fushigiboshi no Futagohime will always be safe... safe...
I still love my Ojamajo Doremi...

Who became cursed? Please say not Aiko.

Branduil

It bombed?

Come on, did you really think a show like Flowers of Evil could sell BD/DVDs in Japan?

Well there goes my attempt at being a douchebag.

Also I learned that I still can't read, so I rely on Google to do it for me.

EDIT: None of the main cast as far as I'm aware. Only 10 episodes into Motto!

Shergal

Effects were nice, cartoony expressions I'll agree on, but your point on fluid animation makes me wonder if most of who hyped LWA have been seeing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many limited animation anime series....

Rest assured, I've watched my fair share of old Disney flicks with consistently fluid animation. Hence "far more than non-film anime".
I guess I should've worded it better, but I mean that there's a fair share of cuts on 1s that are used to good effect as opposed to having more frames than ideas. I don't like fluid animation just because it's fluid, it has to have some spice to it. I felt the director's influences from Western cartoons applied to a more Japanese way of animating worked out really well and turned up satisfying results.

I don't want to sound too contrarian but I don't care for Wakfu tbh. That fight you mentioned feels weightless, like characters are rushing to reach a pose without any sort of arc or nuance to the movement. Lacked flow. There was some cool water but on the whole I'm not impressed :/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I play a little bit of everything, with a heavy bias towards Japanese stuff, obviously (Just Cause 2 is my only physical PS3 game that isn't Japanese, haha).

Variety is the spice of life, and all that.

This is further proof that I need to catch up on Ojamajo Doremi seasons.

I wonder which season/series it is.
Hazuki Fujiwara seems like the archetype that would "grow up" a lot.

Not Aiko, though, please not Aiko. She needs to stay boyish.

jgminto

Recettear is pretty cool. I should go back and play some more. Wish the combat was more exciting though.

Not as good as Saints Row though!

yami4ct

It bombed?

What's that?

You should just start reading the manga Corvo. Then, you get to meet what is probably one of if not totally my favorite characters in the series. She's just super adorable.

Christ man, that's an entire season before it gets good. You're asking for a lot of investment here! I guess proportionately it's not that much though... blargh.

It's an episodic show, so you could always just jump right to 25 and go back to earlier episodes whenever.

This is further proof that I need to catch up on Ojamajo Doremi seasons.

I wonder which season/series it is.
Hazuki Fujiwara seems like the archetype that would "grow up" a lot.

Not Aiko, though, please not Aiko. She needs to stay boyish.

As far as I'm aware, Aiko never becomes girly. And I enjoy that.

Anyway, Motto! is like the third season, with Naisho and Dokkaan following in that order.

There's a few of us watching it, taking our time (I shouldn't, it's like the main focus, but I'm actually playing GAMES now, plus the thread moving too fast for my blood, so I'm snailing it.)

CorvoSol

Come on, did you really think a show like Flowers of Evil could sell BD/DVDs in Japan?

Why I still continue to hope Japanese kids have better taste than any teenager actually does I'll never know.

Still, bummed as hell to find out Flowers of Evil bombed. I guess I have to return to the shady depths of Mangaland.

Sounds like you're doing the same kind of judging.
I don't think so. But I really don't care.

I care about the opinions of like-minded people. It would be a waste of my time and my life to worry about the opinions of people who I don't have things in common with or who judge harshly the things in life which I love.

You can call it judgmental, if you like. But I call it being true to myself.

Why I still continue to hope Japanese kids have better taste than any teenager actually does I'll never know.

Still, bummed as hell to find out Flowers of Evil bombed. I guess I have to return to the shady depths of Mangaland.

Considering the art style controversey, it shouldn't be a surprise honestly.

Anyway, I don't know why you have hope. I mean they all watched Max Heart more than any of the better seasons (which is like the rest of the franchise), and have Shiny Luminous above last place. The idea that kids will have better tastes shouldn't even be a thought.

zeroshiki

Recettear is pretty cool. I should go back and play some more. Wish the combat was more exciting though.

Not as good as Saints Row though!

One of my biggest disappointments was finding out there was combat in Recettear. I wanted a pure item shop sim dammit.

This is on the same level as when I realized Harvest Moon DS encouraged you to go dungeon crawling >_>

CorvoSol

Considering the art style controversey, it shouldn't be a surprise honestly.

Anyway, I don't know why you have hope. I mean they all watched Max Heart more than any of the better seasons (which is like the rest of the franchise), and have Shiny Luminous above last place. The idea that kids will have better tastes shouldn't even be a thought.

Fuckers voted for Lightning. I shan't trust them again. Clearly something wrong with people between the ages of not me.

Also, I thought the rotoscoping was fine by the show's end. Except that it did seem to have some trouble with lip sync.

zeroshiki

It wasn't just a bomb. It was an epic bomb the likes rarely seen. I mean, it sold half a Fractale for Volume 1 and then sold half THAT for Volume 2! 404 -> 265

Fuckers voted for Lightning. I shan't trust them again. Clearly something wrong with people between the ages of not me.

Also, I thought the rotoscoping was fine by the show's end. Except that it did seem to have some trouble with lip sync.

They were probably forced against their will because they keep shoving her down their throats. That and Japan generally ranks the newest thing pretty high. I mean Cure Heart is pretty high in the ranks, granted that was around the beginning of DokiDoki and she was more tolerable until we realized how far her insanity went.

Still a fucking shock that Cure Passion was the most popular though. Can't complain.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Complaining about the cast of Ojamajo Doremi growing up runs counter to one of its central themes: time marches on.

I don't think so. But I really don't care.

I care about the opinions of like-minded people. It would be a waste of my time and my life to worry about the opinions of people who I don't have things in common with or who judge harshly the things in life which I love.

You can call it judgmental, if you like. But I call it being true to myself.

I'm just saying that I find it odd your definition of "like-minded people" is "doesn't hate Recettear". What about someone that likes Saints Row, hates Recettear, but won't judge you for your opinion on either of those?

Branduil

Complaining about the cast of Ojamajo Doremi growing up runs counter to one of its central themes: time marches on.

You mean

iPG2Ddp0keJfI.jpg

Since this is AnimeGAF and we do what we want. To continue with the derail.

On the topic of first person shooters, my first experience with the genre was as a kid.
I ignored them as they didn't interest me in the stores.

But I ended up having one anyway. Because my older brother gave me one of his old Windows computers on my birthday. I believe it was a Windows 95 computer. It only had two games on it, though, Quake and Hexen. Or maybe it was three games, Doom, Quake, and Hexen. I didn't like any of them, but Hexen was the most interesting because of the medieval theme. But I didn't like how all of the characters in Hexen seemed so muscly. I've never liked or identified with muscle-y male characters. And I didn't like any of the games, I only tried them because they were the only games on the desktop outside of stuff like Minesweeper and Solitaire.

As soon as a possibly could, I deleted the two games and hooked it up to the internet so I could play Chrono Trigger via emulators. That, on the other hand, was one of my fondest early memories of PC gaming. Discovering emulators was so fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom