• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Fuckers voted for Lightning. I shan't trust them again. Clearly something wrong with people between the ages of not me.

Also, I thought the rotoscoping was fine by the show's end. Except that it did seem to have some trouble with lip sync.

Most people judging what show to watch by 1st episode, you should look the reaction in here when 1st episode airing, not too hot either... the good word come from people that stick with it to the end.

I'm just saying that I find it odd your definition of "like-minded people" is "doesn't hate Recettear". What about someone that likes Saints Row, hates Recettear, but won't judge you for your opinion on either of those?
Then we clearly don't have a problem with each other. And can go on our merry ways.

I can't say I'm much of a FPS/TPS person myself honestly. Quite frankly, they have to do something that really grabs me to make me give a fuck about it, but with them being console based these days, I don't see the point of getting into an FPS anytime soon. Had more success with TPS's though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You mean

iPG2Ddp0keJfI.jpg
I meant in the mono no aware sense.

I think it's just the breasticles that's being referred to. Everything else is fine for the most part.
It happens, even before Ojamajo Doremi 16.

Complaining about the cast of Ojamajo Doremi growing up runs counter to one of its central themes: time marches on.
Time moves on.

But what puberty does to men and women is the worst thing ever. Give me back my hairless body, cute short stature, and petite shoulders, puberty!;_;

Branduil

Goldeneye was my first real FPS. Ironically that game probably still has better level design than 90% of modern shooters. Plus wounds based on hit location.

fertygo

I can't say I'm much of a FPS/TPS person myself honestly. Quite frankly, they have to do something that really grabs me to make me give a fuck about it, but with them being console based these days, I don't see the point of getting into an FPS anytime soon. Had more success with TPS's though.

Fuck FPS

I can dig shoulder-view shooter though.

I think part of the reason I can dig TPS more is due to developers giving more of a fuck at delivering a campaign mode for starters. That and it feels like they try something different... or at least the stand out games.

Stand out FPSes in PSWii60 generation? (Shinobu laugh)

sonicmj1

Why I still continue to hope Japanese kids have better taste than any teenager actually does I'll never know.

Still, bummed as hell to find out Flowers of Evil bombed. I guess I have to return to the shady depths of Mangaland.

Anime disks are way too expensive for kids to buy. You could get a PS3 for the cost of all six volumes of Flowers of Evil discounted on Amazon.jp.

Hattori

Banned
Counter-Strike was the first and last FPS I truly enjoyed. I used to go to my local internet cafe after school all the time. Good Times.

Branduil

I remember one time I was playing Surface with a bunch of cheat codes on like invisibility and I purposely set off an alarm to attract an endless stream of enemies. After doing this for a while one of the generated enemies somehow glitched when he was first rendered- he ended up with his face being nothing but an ear, and I think he had several other ears on his head as well. So I was alone in a snowy wasteland, an alarm sounding in the distance, my only company this freakish abomination randomly pointing his gun around because he couldn't see me. To this day that is the creepiest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

cajunator

Banned
Okay AnimeGAF, I need some advice. Should the next show I start from my backlog be: Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, The Tatami Galaxy, or The Flowers of Evil?

Steins; Gate first!
Then Fate Zero, then Tatami, then Aku no Hana

Forget Pacific Rim, Gravity is the best anime movie this year.
Bullock is moe~.

Havent seen Gravity but it certainly looks interesting too.
hope it aint one of those bait and switch movies.

Just like Saturday is dominated by sports in real life too!

Can't get enough Football.

I guess college handegg is okay too.

College handegg is aight but Im all bout that NFL.

Sora no Woto 3

JErsWgJ.png

Love the sense of time in the show. Mornings really look like mornings and then just scanning through the episode you can tell the day is gradually passing.

Surprised for the plot since this type of story is usually used for redeeming characters when they seem overly tough or unsympathetic and Rio is already A-OK. Works with the backstory they're telling of her in any case.

Owl's appearance is great, show's up just about as much as I wish Dera would in TM.

Sora no Woto 4

99K2DSI.png

Noel is too based. These glass blowing characters are rad.
Kanata suddenly having an epiphany with the horn is super silly, but I guess nothing sillier than what's been on K-On. Such a chillax episode.

Don't know if I'm going to get over how silly that tank is.

That tank is the most awesome thing about it. At least you realize the superiority of Noel. Thats all I can really ask for.

So I'm in a blizzard right now. That can only mean one thing: time to watch some anime and play some vidya

a blizzard? Shit its 74F here right now lol. I have a fan on in here and my window open.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Sora no Woto 3

JErsWgJ.png

Love the sense of time in the show. Mornings really look like mornings and then just scanning through the episode you can tell the day is gradually passing.

Surprised for the plot since this type of story is usually used for redeeming characters when they seem overly tough or unsympathetic and Rio is already A-OK. Works with the backstory they're telling of her in any case.

Owl's appearance is great, show's up just about as much as I wish Dera would in TM.

Sora no Woto 4

99K2DSI.png

Noel is too based. These glass blowing characters are rad.
Kanata suddenly having an epiphany with the horn is super silly, but I guess nothing sillier than what's been on K-On. Such a chillax episode.

Don't know if I'm going to get over how silly that tank is.

I have this weird thing with Sora No Woto. I want to watch it. But, I stopped at episode 7. And it has an obscenely cheap collectors edition for like $20. I might just go to Walmart and add it to the collection instead of Crunchyroll.

Saprol

Ain't gunna lie most fun I had with a shooter was in COD:MW2. Good times. Ahhhh now I'm feeling all nostalgic.
MW2 was fun in a silly way. OMA tube spam, Akimbo G18s with Marathon, shield gimmicks, or hoarding care packages and sentry guns then deploying them all around an objective. Actually pointing and shooting wasn't so interesting compared to other games.

Jex

The premises are ~literally~ identical (but replace signet ring with scissor) right down to the Wakaba insert and the first episodes follow the same beats. Yes, they're not alike stylistically/symbolically/thematically (though exactly what themes KLK is trying to express I honestly can't even say at this point as it has yet to reveal its cards) but there are more than a few ways for things to mirror each other.

I can honestly only conclude that you're being obtuse here if you really can't understand why people would mention the two together.
I should really clarify what I mean as my earlier post was poorly worded.

I don't really know if the premises are identical. Ryuko basically has the same kind of backstory as every single young boy in a robot story e.g. their father/grandfather is killed and they inherit some terrible power a long with a legacy that must be fulfilled. Ryuko is actively seeking to understand the death of her father and take revenge on the killer - she's come onto the scene intending to battle and defeat those who stand in her way. Utena, while seeking to become a prince kind of stumbles into the dueling game and the Rose Bride.

I don't want to deny the existence and of the Utena influences, as my earlier post written in a hurry suggested. There are numerous obvious similarities in basic premise, designs (that outfit) and some of the characters. Still, I think that many of those elements are also shared with numerous shounen properties which usually involve isolated protagonists taking on forces far larger than themselves while getting 'powerfing up'.

I suppose for me Utena isn't a show that's about the premise or the designs but about the themes, writing, characterization, etc. While it's still early days for Kill la Kill it just feels like a completely different kind of work with very different intentions. Of course these could well be more to it than that.

cajunator

Banned
And yet another to add to the Crunchyroll simulcast list: Log Horizon, streaming Saturdays at 4:30 am PDT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ll-adds-log-horizon-to-streaming-anime-lineup

Vaguely interesting but comparisons to SAO gives me great pause.

Crunchyroll subs suck shit this season.

Like holy fuck. I'm reading some stuff from a different source for the first episode of Kyoukai no Kanata and some of the dialogue is completely different. I decided to check after seeing how bad the subs were for Kill La Kill and my hunch was right. The dialogue is much better, although it's still is kinda bad. Some of the lines are completely different. Like what the fuck.

They fucked up bad. Some of the lines have completely different meanings. I'll post some examples once I finish the episode.

Who actually does the subbing work? Is it outsourced to fansub groups or done by crunchy?

Charlotte x Laura S2 01

So yeah, this is basically all I'm interested in this show for. Ichika continues to be one of the worst harem MCs ever, don't know what they see in the fuckwit, but isn't that how it always goes.

Doesn't matter though, as the show has made perfectly clear who the real OTP is.

You truly know what is most important :D

Jex

YamiBoushi 3

So the second episode was apparently apart of this weirdo alternate world nonsense, maybe? All I know is that Hazuki should have given herself to Lilith for obvious reasons. Also apparently Hatsumi
is some magical being who likes to go to other worlds and be other people, for some reason
? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH this show. Also that kid was trying to suck off that statue, what is even happening.

Why?

Also, there's a suspicious amount of anime talk in this anime thread. What gives?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 23 (rewatch)

Fuck me, the ending is some real-ass shit. And the next two episodes are some of the most...um...feel...feel...SO MANY FEELS, I DON'T KNOW. Just thinking about what's coming up...fuccccccck. Why did I even start this rewatch the feels are going to destroy me fuck fuck fuck.

cajunator

Banned
Alright so I decided to do a comparison after seeing how Crunchy fucked up the KLK subs and I went back and looked at KNK's subs. Here's three different scenes in KNK's first episode between Crunchy and a different subber.

Scene #1
Different Sub:
Crunchy Sub:
--
First one implies that she's always careful about there being students around.
--
Scene #2
Different Sub:
Crunchy Sub:
---
Crunchy subs literally don't make sense. You can't kill an inanimate object. Different sub also implies she's trying to avoid destroying school property.
---
Scene #3
Different Sub:
Crunchy Sub:
---
Complete reversal of the joke and also implies that the two are childhood friends.
---

Crunchy subs in short, are fucking awful. There's some more minor stuff where the dialog in Crunchy's subs are more ordinate and stiff, but I thought that was enough pictures for one post.

I mean god damn at that last scene. They completely ruined the joke.

The subs arent that bad, but some jokes might not translate well. It doesnt really hurt any enjoyment of the show though. The subs did their job.

Well direct translation of lines isn't always good either, just gotta deliver the intent of it without fucking it up entirely.

Pretty much. Direct translations dont always work but the relative meaning of the original writing should be nearly identical. It should still apply to the person originally alluded to and not switched around.

Horo or Holo? Choose now.

Holo. But I once would have said Horo.

IS has it locked up after the cat pajama scene. I have the combined voting power of cajun and firehawk behind me!!

This is the correct choice.

Anime-GAF, did I ever tell you that I love you?

Here is a gift

UTmWjO5.gif

DAWWW
I love you too <3

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita/I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job Episode 1:

Right, this one impresses me right out the gate by not only having an interesting premise and location but characters who actually have a personality and more to them then the bare essentials. I think my favorite aspect of the series thus far is the two leads are both among the last products of a bygone war and they have become relics before their time and are no trying to figure out their place in the world. That is actual character depth and that is the shit that has been missing from the likes of Kyoukai no Kanata and Nagi no Asukara. This show actually has some charm to it that makes it easier to like. Also, breast physics, lot of that going on in this program. Indeed, kind of crossed a line for me when it appears that sexual harassment by customers is not a concept of this world. Still, outside of Kill la Kill this has been my favorite opening episode thus far and I look forward to seeing more of this show.

Jex

Patlabor TV 28

KMrgH0G.jpg

Now this is a mecha. I really like the blue highlights; the shade used expresses the cold, inhuman, sinister nature of electronics, and accentuates by contrast the darkness of the rest.

I think it's interesting, and telling, that the only time a traditional looking and acting mech turns up in Patlabor, whether it be the movies or the TV series, it's basically a villainous character.

/XX/

Lovely, lovely initial contact with a standard setting laid out with such a nice rhythm there is little I could worry about now (and I didn't even before that). What I really think is I can't possibly say more at the moment for a series that I'm sure will try to outdo itself on its brilliant craziness for the following 23 episodes, as per the creators' words.

That or my laziness is certainly showing, because I adore such amazing analyses we have had the opportunity to read already. 'Ríos de tinta digital' spent everywhere you go... keep them coming, guys! :)

cajunator

Banned
It is god tier obliviousness given s1, but I have some sympathy given I can suffer from it too.

That said its just the stupid normal way to avoid writing the MC choosing that they all use. Makes me think of US TV and what they do to avoid the Moonlighting fate.

Dont sell yourself so short. Ichika is on a level of obliviousness that no human on earth can feasibly reach if they have any sense at all. Like he literally doesnt react to things in a humanlike way. Its more like if a bug was responding to external stimuli except he still doesnt. Its totally unrealistic.

Factually correct.

I agree with you on this one.

Usually in reference to everyday use or breaking over time. Not to immediate damage like smashing, cutting or destroying something. Like I might say I 'killed' my shoes, like I had worn them out but not if I set them on fire or took some scissors to them.

Ive heard people say "I killed x object" before. Its kind of a cute/fun way to say you broke something or messed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom