• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I think it's interesting, and telling, that the only time a traditional looking and acting mech turns up in Patlabor, whether it be the movies or the TV series, it's basically a villainous character.

I really don't think the Ingram is that atypical looking for a mech. Also the focus on SVU2 kinda reduces the possibility of seeing other high-grade ally mechs.

Ive heard people say "I killed x object" before. Its kind of a cute/fun way to say you broke something or messed it up.

There are very limited cases I can think of where someone would destroy something and would use the term kill. It's usually in set phrases like "Kill the lights".

cajunator

Banned
Yu-sibu 1

this had the most blatant crotch shots since that episode of Agent Aika i watched a couple of years ago.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 1

stopped watching the second time main doofus pulled his clueless "why is she so mad with me?" act. see ya in S3 IS!

Lol Agent Aika. that takes me back. See also: Najica: Bilitz Tactics!

I recently discovered that there's a tan, tomboy creature with short hair and a fluffy tail in this and am now obligated to watch it.

Oh my god. Now I have to watch it too.
This is some Utawarerumono looking stuff.

Strike the blood 1

seems potential.

Something about that looks extremely crudely drawn. the pantsu I mean.

sonicmj1

Just part of Imaishi's subtle style!

It's interesting that they set the story in Japan in the quasi-present or future. The premise is out-there enough that there isn't any expectation for the show to be part of our world, but there they are mentioning Kobe, Kanto, and world history.

Who knows if anything will come of it.

*gets off Team Fortress 2 for five seconds*
Hmm I wonder what the AnimeGAFers are talking about these days...

OH WHAT KILL LA KILL ALREADY AIRED AW SHIET
FvKOD2S.png

Episode I: My Scissors Are The Scissors That Will Pierce The Heavens!

THAT'S QUITE AN ENTRANCE

oh my gosh this is the best show to get back into anime for. and it's only 1 minute in. All my WTF. and HOLY crap that transition sequence.

Enter protagonist. Or maybe not. I just can't expect anything after I watched Gurren Lagann.
And it looksl ike Not-Ritsu is going to be a recurring character. Hopefully. I hope. Come on, please.

And I just continue to be astounded by this animation. Nothing really of note has happened, but there's just so much life and expressiveness in what's going on. Mako's just the cutest.

Also I know I haven't really watched anything other than the first episode of Utena but right now I'm getting major Utena vibes here with all this student council whatevers.

WOW this show is really going all out on the ridiculousness already. Wahaha.

jBH6wV0.png

That takes some real strength, Mako. You don't even need a super suit!

Welp. Anime redeemed, Anime Of The Year, etc. etc.

...Also I can't wait for the point where everything goes terribly wrong in this show.

Jex

Christ man, that's an entire season before it gets good. You're asking for a lot of investment here! I guess proportionately it's not that much though... blargh.

Hey, you don't have to watch the first bunch of episodes! Plus, it's really a drop in the bucket compared to the series as a whole which is, by most modern standards, pretty damn long.
The Flowers of Evil 13

END OF PART ONE!?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it?

cajunator

Banned
Outbreak Company 1

This is just as ridiculous as that series synopsis that was posted last page made it out to be, and despite the lack of fuwafuwa tomboy I think I enjoyed this more than I really should have. This MC knows what he wants and I find it absolutely hilarious, can't wait til we get into the meat of this show.

Oh. Damn. Second thoughts then. Buuuut you still like it so theres something here.

Hero Work Reluctant whatever
I seriously can't get over how well animated this is. Not only it features by far the best action sequence of Fall so far, the whole thing's consistent with peaks in quality throughout. I don't think it'd be a stretch to say it had overall the best animation out of everything I've watched so far.

Even the jiggling tits were well-done.... Fuck everything.

Takeuchi is a fucking master though.

Remember Love Lab was amazingly animated at first. Prepare for animation downgrades in future episodes. Hopefully it doesnt really affect it much.

Rewatched KLK and enjoyed it more the second time around. I still feel like events needed a little more room to breathe and the dialogue in some scenes is too transparently and straightforwardly tailored around explaining power mechanics to the viewer, but it was clear to me this time around that it was a confident and streamlined introduction. The music is still boring, but listening again I almost feel like something is up with the sound mixing and the loud voices drown the music out at lot which kind of takes away from the heightened state of emotion they're trying to achieve. Still, it's a really, really gorgeous, really fun show that exudes pride, craftsmanship, and experience, and I think it's going to be great once it finds its rhythm.

I kind of want to jump on the Ryuko avatar bandwagon but a.) this could be the start of avatar-itis hell for me again and b.) I don't know if my idea would fly, haha.

Its just nice to see you posting in here again MadP. We missed you :)
Congrats on getting that job too.

I kind of have the same question. Do people really wear these types of things as pajamas or is this some kind of "furry" thing?

Do people really do that kind of thing that's pictured or is it one of those "anime" things? Personally I find that whole thing kind of more off putting really.

Yes Im sure people do wear animal pajamas sometimes, and its cute as fuck.
As for licking food off each other, theres likely a fetish for that too or it wouldnt be in here.

For anyone who suffered Yu-shibu 1 needlessly, here, now you don't have to watch Outbreak Company either.

Wow. that is definitely impressive animation.
Whats with these seemingly small-time shows getting all this high animation quality?

So hey guys

MOfaTIP.jpg

If I get to beat the shit out of Kirino I very well might consider this game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 24 (rewatch)

God, I remember how it felt when I first saw this episode. Everything seemed to be going so perfectly for Ryuji and Taiga. But of course, things can't stay perfect forever. And so the final episode approaches, and along with it, both heartbreak and happiness...

(And also it nearly killed me when Ryuji and Taiga split up to go into their respective houses, even though I knew they'd meet up again in the morning. It was just so similar to the scene in the next episode where the same thing happens again...except they don't meet back up...

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE, I DON'T WANNA.

I can't handle it.

;_;

Toradora 24 (rewatch)

God, I remember how it felt when I first saw this episode. Everything seemed to be going so perfectly for Ryuji and Taiga. But of course, things can't stay perfect forever. And so the final episode approaches, and along with it, both heartbreak and happiness...

(And also it nearly killed me when Ryuji and Taiga split up to go into their respective houses, even though I knew they'd meet up again in the morning. It was just so similar to the scene in the next episode where the same thing happens again...except they don't meet back up...

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE, I DON'T WANNA.

I can't handle it.

;_;

banira saruto

cajunator

Banned
My Little Sister Can't Possibly Urusai.

KILL IT WITH THE FIRES OF HELL

YamiBoushi 3

So the second episode was apparently apart of this weirdo alternate world nonsense, maybe? All I know is that Hazuki should have given herself to Lilith for obvious reasons. Also apparently Hatsumi
is some magical being who likes to go to other worlds and be other people, for some reason
? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH this show. Also that kid was trying to suck off that statue, what is even happening.

If you think youre confused now, give it a couple more episodes heehee!

A fish grows out of one of the girls' knees.

This is....weird even by anime standards. Just what the fuck?

The Tatami Galaxy 1

OH GOD STOP TALKING SO FAST I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THE SUBTITLLLEEEES.

Once I got used to the RAPID PACE, I definitely enjoyed the episode. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. Despite the weirdness and speed, the central characters are already pretty likable.

You just got nisiOisin'ed. Dont watch Bakemonogatari then.

I knew where that linked right away. So its on par with the not-vocaloid show...OK.

So she will block the legendary flame sword made from existance energy with her bare hands ? ? OK

Her bitch powers know no boundaries.

/XX/

Trigger delivered hard. The setting is interesting, the characters are wacky, and the action is amazingly OTT. I effin' loved every second of it. Animu is saved.
Well, well... with Dave1988 in here praising it I'm having flashbacks of the legendary TTGL thread from this forum. Off to a good start!

They did this in 20 minutes. There's no room to breathe, because breathing is for suckers. It's all about hot-blooded shouting and underboobs.
And the blushing, don't forget all that adorable blushing!

pdpmQjF.png

Apparently, Japan is a flat chest empire.

Is Japan a flat chest empire, NeoGAF?

I really am going to be the user with the most referred to tag on NeoGAF.

cajunator

Banned
I know that Shana is really short but Kirino's legs are crazy long there.

Oh and Kirino isn't the only new character announced. We also have Railgun. Toma is the support character in this pic :lol

The positive: Railgun in it. the negative: so many other insufferable shit characters. Dunno if I will buy this with so many characters I cant stand lol.

Hi again, AnimeGAF, did you miss me? I missed you.
I had to leave NeoGAF for half a year on account of using ALL CAPS.

Much WataMote happened in my life while I was gone.

Also, I think I have the most referenced tag on all of NeoGAF.
And sometimes I don't even know what people are talking about when they reference my tag.

Hiya. I do remember you. Glad you werent banned forever. Everybody deserves a second chance at things.

Okay. I'm going to hope this is true.

It was Saint's Row the Third.
I had never heard of Saint's Row before seeing that game on a Steam sale. Apparently it's a well known game, but I've never kept up and known much about Western video games. So I had no idea what it was.

What I did see was a woman in purple with a gun advertising it.
And my immediate thought was "great, I love purple. And I love video games with strong female, badass characters. There's so few video games with badass, heroic women. There's too much testosterone on the steam library and stories about macho military dudes and things out there. Being a badass woman is exactly what the doctor ordered, I'll buy this game immediately".

Then, when it appeared in my library, is a gross gangster game. Worse yet, the first thing staring me in the face was an achievement called "hoe boat" and "nut shot". The achievement having a pair of boobs with dollar signs on them. And an achievement for shooting a man's genitals.

I had an immediate reaction of "Oh no. No. Huh-uh. I'm not having this."
And proceeded to try to make it disappear as much as possible.

I'm surprised that nobody guess what it was. Because I did tell people that I didn't like it because it was "immoral" and "gross".

I still feel icky for ever having it had shown up in my library in the first place. But lucky I was able to contact a Steam mod and have it deleted from my subscription. I know now what Saint's Row is. And won't make that mistake again. Yuck.

Well thats not too bad. You'd be surprised who has that game. Me for example.
Its sort of like GTA if it didnt take itself so damned seriously. Its a game that pretty much jokes with itself. Thats what I like about it.

Karin 1

So, I know Karin isn't the best manga series. I know it. But I like it quite a bit, so don't shoot me. But I knew there was an anime adaptation and I also new they changed the story/setting quite a bit and from what I know they changed in the adaptation, it was for the worst. At least on paper. Anyways, I know I can't knock it really until I actually watch it.

God this is a fucking mess. Ugly lackluster art and mediocre, cliched animation are only the start. There's one shot literally 20 minutes in where Karin gets her first
nosebleed
of the series and
her stream of blood from it becomes a triple trail of flowers. I'm not even fucking joking. I facepalmed through my skull
. They haven't really got into their changes to the story, so it's pretty much unaltered at this point (aside from the opening dream sequence), thank god. And honestly if it was just that, I'd just toss it in the mediocre bin...

...but for some bizarre reason Funimation got some no-name english dubbers from some odd Singapore-based ADR company to dub it and, boy, next to none of them there way out of a paper bag. Especially Kenta's voice actor; FUCK he's bad, like worst of them all bad...and he's basically the show's deuteragonist for fuck's sake. I can't fucking take it.

It's a fucking trainwreck. The music and sound design are passible, I guess, but it really doesn't save it at all. I might try the subs, but I don't know if I can handle the story changes I know are awaiting me. What were they thinking? Someone end my pain please.

Ok. I enjoyed Karin a lot but I have no idea what went on in the manga, and the same is true for every anime I have ever watched. sometimes I think I enjoy things more because I had no prior expectations of it. I just accept the anime as is. In that respect I think it was a decent show. Not special, but funny and cute and sweet. Karin is adorable.

Ban? What's a ban? I took a vacation!

I seriously don't think I should have been banned for that. I'm not aware that I broke any apparent rules.

Banned for what?
I said "what the f" in all caps after being frustrated at people requesting me tell them the name of the game I wanted to remove from my library on Steam. And I got banned with the reason of "meltdown".

I got more irate after people got meaner and started calling me an "attention whore."
I figured people would make a big deal out of the game I wanted to get rid of and tell me I was silly for wanting to get rid of it.

I figured it would just be better to keep it to myself. But people kept really wanting to know.

Theonik

I hope so too my friend. ^_^

Her legs are WAAAAY too long.
And that's a bad thing?

time to go download the new monster girl quest patch.
Only ~66% done. Still waiting for the complete one.
SOON!

Anti-Art™
Yeah SR is pretty ass.

I have no idea what Turning Girls is, but every time I see the title I think it's a show about turning girls lesbian or something.

SDBurton would probably love that.
Sadly it's about homoerotic water cups voiced by Trigger's Community manager instead.

Imaishi's looking at C3-bu's numbers and laughing.
I wonder what C3 would be like if C3 had headed it.

Banned for what?
Banned for flat. Chet conspiracy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
EH, if you think Saint's Row the Third is embarrassing, try having something like Bad Rats in your library.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I know.

But I get called out on it over the weirdest things.

Tags quoting is a lazy way to respond and normally doesnt go anywhere. I wouldnt worry so much about that.
Besides, my avatar + tag combination leads to me not being taken very seriously.

Thats extremely tame compared to the stuff in this thread.

This...is true. Or at least it used to be before google overlords got to it.

LOOOOOL. Poor Corvy kun.

Magical girl is the best genre of anime ever.

Everything in this world should be magical girl.

Hmmm. Yes. Even King of Fighters XIII has magical girl Athena in it and its goddamned glorious. (although she's the weakest character for some reason)

Sora no Woto 5

X3jw6N4.png

I really like seeing characters who have actual jobs training at what they do. The show at this point could've easily gone into just everyday antics, but this episode keeps it nice and grounded.

All the background art is so stupidly pretty I'm surprised I'm surprised anymore. Still surprised though at how they handle reflecting on the destruction of war without dragging the tone down.

The last hot spring scene with the berries might be the most comfortable thing I've seen all year.

Sora no Woto 6

2npPDlQ.png

Whoa whoa, plot arcs out of nowhere. Took me a while to catch on that they were going nonlinear this episode. Casual Kanata is K-On levels of adorable and
gangster squad
1121st Platoon has to be the best scene so far.

They did a good job balancing out exactly who knows what at any time including the audience and having it align more with Kanata's perspective which makes sense.

Just quoting to agree with the bolded lol.

Nichibros 1

Oh god this is the funniest shit.

It really is. Also apparently very accurate about japanese giant hornets. Fuck those things.
Also you are in for a treat on so many levels.

Shabon Spray

I still cannot unsee that damned animation error :(

EH, if you think Saint's Row the Third is embarrassing, try having something like Bad Rats in your library.
It sounds cheesy but I doubt I'd be as embarrassed by something like that.

At least it probably doesn't have an achievement for shooting someone's genitals.

cajunator

Banned
Too bad nichibros bombed and the mangaka decided to quit the series to draw doujins.

If this is true its pretty sad :(

Are there really people on your steam friend list that would judge you poorly for having friggin Saints Row of all things? I imagine something like Recettear would go over worse with a bunch of people.

I have that too! I have...diverse tastes. Or no taste. Yall can decide on your own.

Not really.

People like different things.
I just don't care about the opinions of someone who would judge me negatively for enjoying things like Recettear.

I like cute, sugary, innocent types of things in life the most. So there's certainly no point in being anything other than proud of that fact.
It's an integral part of who I am.

I also just responded to a completely silly post in a completely serious fashion. I'm silly, like that.

I loves me some squee things as you are well aware. Nothing wrong with that.

Please don't ban me but I think Half Life 2 is utter tripe.

It is shit. you arent wrong lol.
Portal is cool though. and TF2 seems fun.

cajunator

Banned
I'm addicted to Steam, and yet I've never played a Valve game in my life.

Well, except one of my irl friends who forced me to play Portal at her house because she's obsessed with GlaDos.

In fact, I've never played a first person shooter before in my life except at a friend's house.
Touhou Fortress 2 sounds someone enticing, though.

So does the Mega Man Doom mod.

I've never been a first person shooter person. I've pretty well ignored them since I was a small child.

Im not a shooter fan either. Aside from being pretty boring to me (except maybe 007 games because of the secret agent factor) they give me bad motion sickness headaches and are generally unpleasant experiences.

Ahhhhhhh, no, that's so terrible.;_;

My Fushigiboshi no Futagohime will always be safe... safe...
I still love my Ojamajo Doremi...

Who became cursed? Please say not Aiko.

Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime is one of the most adorable animes in the world. I have witnessed it. Princess Lione is probably one of the cutest characters ever made.
And then you have the two main girls
kiSvl6L.gif

The day C3-bu v2 comes out is the day we learn that anime can sell negative copies.

Speaking of poor selling stuff, I wonder how many people in the US bought the Fractale blurays.

Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime is one of the most adorable animes in the world. I have witnessed it. Princess Lione is probably one of the cutest characters ever made.
And then you have the two main girls
kiSvl6L.gif
Fushigiboshi no Futagohime is actually my most favourite anime ever.

It's such a shame that hardly anybody seems to watch it.
It seems to embody pretty much everything I seem to enjoy in anime. Cute, simple, innocent fun.

You would think that since moe, and anime like PreCure have such a following, Fushigiboshi no Futagohime would have gained one, as well. It certainly has as much going on as the moe Slice of Life Comedy anime so many people enjoy, me included. There's lots of good-hearted comedy, heartwarming moments, and general cuteness and fun that just makes me feel good inside after I watch an episode.

There's something utopian-ly cute about Fushigiboshi no Futagohime, without being boring, either.

cajunator

Banned
I have this weird thing with Sora No Woto. I want to watch it. But, I stopped at episode 7. And it has an obscenely cheap collectors edition for like $20. I might just go to Walmart and add it to the collection instead of Crunchyroll.

That price is a bargain for this series. Doooo it!

Nichibros 2

The RPG skit at the beginning killed me. :lol Especially the end.

Wait for the Literary girl sketches. Best part of the show. Also Ringo is easily as insane as the other Ringo.

banira saruto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sf2cIJcibE
:D

Even if you have to play as a Kugiloli?

By any means necessary!

BluWacky

You would think that since moe, and anime like PreCure have such a following, Fushigiboshi no Futagohime would have gained one, as well. It certainly has as much going on as the moe Slice of Life Comedy anime so many people enjoy, me included. There's lots of good-hearted comedy, heartwarming moments, and general cuteness and fun that just makes me feel good inside after I watch an episode.

PreCure has the advantage of fight sequences which makes the show more appealing to male otaku then, see, DoReMi or Futagohime, where conflicts are more personal or character driven (although Futagohime is almost saccharinely cute with a very pre-teen target audience).

Futagohime is the apotheosis of "little girl cartoons".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom