• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

It wasn't just a bomb. It was an epic bomb the likes rarely seen. I mean, it sold half a Fractale for Volume 1 and then sold half THAT for Volume 2! 404 -> 265

Ouuuch. I think the general anime audience may have been wrong for it.

They were probably forced against their will because they keep shoving her down their throats. That and Japan generally ranks the newest thing pretty high. I mean Cure Heart is pretty high in the ranks, granted that was around the beginning of DokiDoki and she was more tolerable until we realized how far her insanity went.

How you gonna have Lightning outrank most of the women in FF. Like, how she gonna outrank the likes of any woman?

Most people judging what show to watch by 1st episode, you should look the reaction in here when 1st episode airing, not too hot either... the good word come from people that stick with it to the end.

Yeah, the first episode wasn't that stellar, I confess, but goddamn, the tenth episode is incredible.

Anime disks are way too expensive for kids to buy. You could get a PS3 for the cost of all six volumes of Flowers of Evil discounted on Amazon.jp.

Honestly the entire system seems crazy to me. Why would kids keep buying anime CDs, especially in todays day and age? Like, I dunno, the whole concept seems foreign and incredibly shaky now that the internet has come and shaken it up.

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it?

It really, really does.

So what are the odds that Mako is going to be Ryuko love interest?

About the same odds that Wakaba was Utena's. Unless they like, go insane and fuse Wakaba and Anthy into one character.

LOOOOOL. Poor Corvy kun.

All I'm saying is if that was the case, I would be well 'n truly fried.

Hahahahaha!

i'm gonna take a page from blamespace and stop capitalizing everything

Dude, when I said it was a show that nobody likes but the people who do like it really like it I wasn't just being coy.

It did better than Fractale at least?

EDIT - Wait no it didn't I read the numbers wrong.

The worst of feels, here.

uggghhhhhhh omg the same for me, the first 2 epsidoes were exactly what they were suppose to be, nd then 3 and 4 were finally subbed and they were weaboo subbed, completely ruined my nostalgia run and I pretty much refuse to watch until I can find the subs like 1 and 2 again.

Those Charizard fights are the best since Charizard vs Charizard in the first movie.

Kami-sama tasukete kure~

Looks like I over did it again!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Havent seen Gravity but it certainly looks interesting too.
hope it aint one of those bait and switch movies.
It's not!

I have this weird thing with Sora No Woto. I want to watch it. But, I stopped at episode 7. And it has an obscenely cheap collectors edition for like $20. I might just go to Walmart and add it to the collection instead of Crunchyroll.
The DVDs have an OVA that isn't available for streaming anymore, so there's that. It's just too bad Nozomi got it because we'll never see a BD.

Good God firehawk was right. Gravity is the real deal. So good. Blown away.
Anime of the year!

Del Toro, Cuarón & González-Iñárritu have actually been best friends for a long time (Santiago Segura would be another one, pal or 'amiguete', of them as evidenced for example by his recent cameo at Pacific Rim). The three collaborated as producers on the excellent movie about confronted football passions Rudo y Cursi (now, THAT is a work with heavy clashing tones, and recommended). But no further projects for them to work together has been announced since then.
Spanish rat pack!

Tenumi

Banned
So I apparently missed an interesting night...

And if things go as planned, I'm not going to be watching any anime today. I'll be hanging out with friends playing shooters and eating pizza. Maybe.

Good thing the only Saturday(ish) show I've got is DokiDoki Precure.

Midonin

Speaking of Saturday anime, I'm kind of hoping CR picks up both Bukatsumono and Voicetorm 7. They have a good track record with getting NTV shows, and I'm interested in both of those for completely different reasons.

cajunator

Banned
Truly weep for humanity.
How could anyone not see the glory of Humikane girl. HOW.

I have no idea. Truly the only choice in that lot.

It's not!

The DVDs have an OVA that isn't available for streaming anymore, so there's that. It's just too bad Nozomi got it because we'll never see a BD.

Anime of the year!

Spanish rat pack!

Hmmm. Youre making me want to see it asap.
I might go watch it on Monday.

How you gonna have Lightning outrank most of the women in FF. Like, how she gonna outrank the likes of any woman?

6 and under have the disadvantage of not many people playing it,, and there are new schmoos jumping in the frey.

Also this thread almost made it to 4 pages of new stuff since I was asleep. Yeah, this thread has officially gone too fast for my liking.

CorvoSol

6 and under have the disadvantage of not many people playing it,, and there are new schmoos jumping in the frey.

Also this thread almost made it to 4 pages of new stuff since I was asleep. Yeah, this thread has officially gone too fast for my liking.

VI had Terra and Celes, though. They're the Mario and Luigi of FF women!

cajunator

Banned

I was ten pages back after half a day. It was nutso.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
And that's a bad thing?

Not bad per say, just looks off. >>;

I can't imagine why.

I see your avatar and the only thing that comes to mind is Slayers.

Cowboy bebop 1

At first glance it's an entirely self contained story, but I guess it has some real parallels with spike (and Julia's) tale, huh?

Looks glorious in bluray quality and with 5.1. Bebop as I've never experienced it before.

I need this BluRay!

I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job 1: Henceforth to be referred to as ICBAHSIRDTGAJ

This has way better animation than it has any right to have for being a shitty ecchi flavor of the month LN adaptation.

I was ten pages back after half a day. It was nutso.

Well to be fair, that's like the busy period of the threads. Here for me, it's not even the peak usually. It usually goes about 2 pages while I'm asleep

Terra pilots a giant robot, goes super saiyan, punches out Gods, delivers babies, fights in the buff, and also wields swords and spells with equal (extreme) proficiency. People what don't respeck aren't people at all.

R-E-S-P-E-C-E-T

Respecet?

InuYasha 56

I'm not sure which couple I enjoy better, InuYasha and Kagome or Mirkou and Sango, it's just nice to see a shonen series that doesn't dance around the topic of the main characters being romantically interested in each other.

CorvoSol

R-E-S-P-E-C-E-T

Respecet?

R-E-S-P-E-I-T-E

Respeite a policia, cabra safada.

I told you you'd vote for this for AOTY, shit eater. AOTD is more like it. Amazing how they can continue to squeeze so much tension out of the show even after it has reached its climax.

What did you think of her room? Who's the empty one now, huh?

Oh man, I think I've said it before, but I really, really enjoyed the way that they humanized her at the end. The discovery that she wasn't a malevolent force but just another broken, sad, lonely person in a town (or world) full of lonely, desperately lonely people was amazing. The reversal of her role with Kasuga's at the end, especially, with her desperate desire to be special and different, and then Kasuga's offer.

It really was good.

yami4ct

It's one of the weakest episodes in the entire series. Even if there isn't a lot of substance to a number of the stories, Bebop tends to pack this sensation of regret into an episode that allows you to empathize with one-off characters. Some episodes do this better than others (because they usually focus on copying noir stuff).

Mushroom Samba and Toys in the Attic are probably the only two Bebop episodes I don't really like, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the vast minority in regards to Toys. It's amazing how strong that series is.

Articalys

Okay now I'm caught up with the thread and what the hell happened in the last half-dozen pages

Also I don't give a damn if this was just posted last page, especially since I first posted about it a long time ago, saw the new article a lot earlier this morning and would have posted it if I wasn't avoiding the thread until I watched today's shows so far, and especially since people probably didn't click through to the article which now has character descriptions for each girl:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...cd-invites-you-to-snuggle-up-with-your-sister
wRrmSFj.jpg

Chinatsu Akasaki voices Mifuyu, your 15-year-old tsundere sister. She's 4'10 but if you ask her, she'd tell you she's 4'11. She always calls you "Aniki" in public but really wants to call you "Onii-chan." In her story, she wants to go to a theme park with you. Unwilling to ask you outright, she claims that she invited her friend but they declined. Everything's going well until the two of you go to play at the cliffs...
RDzPVZL.jpg

Yuka Otsubo voices 16-year-old Akiho, who really has the hots for you. As her older brother, you believe the two of you are tied as siblings, and that kind of romance isn't possible. Everyday she takes an extra-long shower in the hopes that you'll come peep at her. In her story, your parents go out for the evening, so she takes the opportunity to put on a sexy negligee and comes to your room...
BYO1w6W.jpg

Yumi Uchiyama voices the athletic 14-year-old Saika. Saika is cheerful and loves to play outside in the summer, never worrying about getting a tan. In her story, though she doesn't often fall ill, today she's bedridden with a cold, so you come to look after her. She teases you to begin with, but, perhaps because she's feeling weak from illness, ends up asking "stay with me until I fall asleep..."
hBBejxv.jpg

Tomoko Kaneda voices 10-year-old Haruna. Haruna always wears her costume pajamas to bed . One night, she suddenly comes into your room after having a bad dream and asks to sleep next to you.
I double-checked the actual website, and I swear I'm not making that second description up.

Tenumi

Banned
Okay now I'm caught up with the thread and what the hell happened in the last half-dozen pages

Also I don't give a damn if this was just posted last page, especially since I first posted about it a long time ago, since people probably didn't click through to the article which now has character descriptions for each girl:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...cd-invites-you-to-snuggle-up-with-your-sister

I double-checked the actual website, and I swear I'm not making that second description up.

On one hand, these are incredibly creepy and the idea of them is just... wrong, especially the second one.

On the other hand, I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately....

Also I don't give a damn if this was just posted last page, especially since I first posted about it a long time ago, saw the new article a lot earlier this morning and would have posted it if I wasn't avoiding the thread until I watched today's shows so far, and especially since people probably didn't click through to the article which now has character descriptions for each girl:

I can't wait for the anime adaptation.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Freezing Vibration 1:

It's another season of Freezing. Busty women being catty bitches to each other while slicing up RahXephon rejects with the psychic energy of their wienery little male partners. Please don't watch this.

cajunator

Banned
Mushroom Samba and Toys in the Attic are probably the only two Bebop episodes I don't really like, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the vast minority in regards to Toys. It's amazing how strong that series is.

There are a few episodes I wasnt thrilled with. not that they were awful, just below the lofty standards of the rest of it. cant remember specifics.

Defuser

Yuusha blah blah blah longass title ep 1
Hataraku Maou-sama this is not. This is more like a ecchi slice of life fantasy. And oh god the production for this is goddamn terrible, this is studio Asread? I would have thought it be Beetrain/Deen.

InuYasha 57

The first episode flat out labeled a 2 part episode. This was honestly pretty boring outside of InuYasha escaping the gourd as a human.

Narag

Freezing Vibration 1:

It's another season of Freezing. Busty women being catty bitches to each other while slicing up RahXephon rejects with the psychic energy of their wienery little male partners. Please don't watch this.

This sounds awesome.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yuusha blah blah blah longass title ep 1
Hataraku Maou-sama this is not. This is more like a ecchi slice of life fantasy. And oh god the production for this is goddamn terrible, this is studio Asread? I would have thought it be Beetrain/Deen.
It doesn't look like a Deen show at all.

I hate to break it to you, but if you'd actually read the new post, you'd realize that ANN mixed up the seiyuu in their own post. Yumi Uchiyama voices Saika; Yuka Otsubo voices the brocon one.

ANN disappoints me another day. Hey wait, she voiced fuwafuwa Yoko from Kiniro Mosaic, this too is satisfactory.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Bros 76
Unfortunately, this couldn't carry the Gravity hype. lol

Still, the new character is hilarious:
c3ckgodl.png

A Russian girl who is both wahjah by trying to act like an adult and tsundere. Good times.

Of course, the language thing continues to break since I have no idea if Hibito is speaking Russian or if they're all just speaking English. There's also a part where the girl watches the in-universe Hibbit anime, which is presented in Japanese for us, but we have no idea if it's been dubbed into Russian in the show or if the girl can also understand Japanese.

But I know, there really isn't much they can do with this stuff. It's still weird though. lol

InuYasha 58

Other then having Inuyasha see naked Kagome this episode truly served no purpose, and that has to be some kind of an accomplishment considering its InuYasha.

Articalys

Of course, the language thing continues to break since I have no idea if Hibito is speaking Russian or if they're all just speaking English. There's also a part where the girl watches the in-universe Hibbit anime, which is presented in Japanese for us, but we have no idea if it's been dubbed into Russian in the show or if the girl can also understand Japanese.
I think it was brought up in the anime thread before, but can you explain what exactly bothers you about everything being spoken in Japanese? Is it because you've watched the live-action movie where the actors all actually speak their native language?

Kurita

It's just a bit confusing.
I remember when Buddy asked Hibito to translate Hibito's parents' video message because it was in Japanese.

Nightmare fuel.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it was brought up in the anime thread before, but can you explain what exactly bothers you about everything being spoken in Japanese? Is it because you've watched the live-action movie where the actors all actually speak their native language?
I remember when Buddy asked Hibito to translate Hibito's parents' video message because it was in Japanese.
Yeah, it's just not clear what the characters know or are supposed to know. Even just a note that says "the characters are speaking English now" would be enough to just alleviate those problems.

Articalys

Yeah, it's just not clear what the characters know or are supposed to know. Even just a note that says "the characters are speaking English now" would be enough to just alleviate those problems.
Hmm... I suppose I just don't have a problem with it as long as language barriers are relegated to short one-off gags like that and aren't part of the main plot.

So should I bother to watch InuYasha filler episodes or just skip them? My goal is to get caught up with Toonami which will be in filler for another month so I have plenty of time (I plan to be caught up by next weekend). Though from watching a few episodes of filler on Toonami it seems like the difference between an episode of InuYasha filler and InuYasha canon can be pretty hard to distinguish if you haven't read the manga unlike other shonen anime adaptations.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm... I suppose I just don't have a problem with it as long as language barriers are relegated to short one-off gags like that and aren't part of the main plot.
Well, I'm still not clear about whether or not the Japanese characters speak English when they're in Houston or if they speak Japanese. It's something I wish I didn't need to think about when watching the show, but I've sort of since just moved on.

Of course, the English solution to this problem would be to just give the characters heavy accents. But unless they made all the Americans speak with that weeaboo accent that they give foreign characters sometimes - like they did with Karen in Kiniro Mosaic - that's not really a viable long term solution either, especially since in this recent arc, all the characters are foreigners.

It's a weird problem, and only one that this show has, and I don't know if there's a perfect solution that would make sense for a children's cartoon that would satisfy me and still work for children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom