• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
madp's post about Freezing reminded me that the first parts for both shows aired in the same season. While only people in Japan can watch it, I believe the third Madoka movie comes out at the end of the month as well. It's like winter 2011 all over again,haha.
Is Freezing a show from back then as well? Jeez.
OK. I have seen that gif posted before. Maybe I'll just do like some others and just watch an episode every now and then and slowly make my way through it or something.
Only 275 episodes or so to go!
It's probably just a key to another basement,haha.
That would be tremendous. lol

Articalys

Regarding the next AnimeGAf survey that I've been putting off for months now... since it'll have a section on retail for once, and I only have limited knowledge of non-R1 releated anime business, could I please get a quick primer on which are the major companies that license/simulcast anime in Europe, Australia, Asia, and elsewere? Thanks.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Ok. I enjoyed Karin a lot but I have no idea what went on in the manga, and the same is true for every anime I have ever watched. sometimes I think I enjoy things more because I had no prior expectations of it. I just accept the anime as is. In that respect I think it was a decent show. Not special, but funny and cute and sweet. Karin is adorable.

It's pretty much unchanged storywise in the first episode, but yeah I can see your point. But it gets to point apparently where they alter the entire situation behind Karin and add anime-only characters and all that, I guess.

I'll probably stick with it for a bit and switch to the subs.

CorvoSol

Kay. So if I had to vote for AotY right now, here would be my picks:

1. The Flowers of Evil
2. Inferno Cop
3. Revolutionary Gurren La Kill Utena
4. Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
5. Valverape the Liberaper
6. Pokemon the Origin

NOTE: Flowers of Evil is AotY, but Inferno Cop is anime of the f'rever.

Branduil

Kay. So if I had to vote for AotY right now, here would be my picks:

1. The Flowers of Evil
2. Inferno Cop
3. Revolutionary Gurren La Kill Utena
4. Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
5. Valverape the Liberaper
6. Pokemon the Origin

NOTE: Flowers of Evil is AotY, but Inferno Cop is anime of the f'rever.

Why haven't you watched Wolf Children?

Strike the Blood 1

That was entertaining enough, though I kept feeling like it was going to turn into hentai at any moment. Not really given a lot of info on the world or what's going on hopefully later episodes clear things up.

wsippel

Banned
Infinite Stratos S2 #1

Yeah, no. I think I've never dropped a show this fast, and I have no idea how I ever managed to finish and even somewhat enjoy the first season. I've probably seen so many harem shows over the last few years that I simply can't overlook the utter stupidity on display here anymore.

Attack on Titan - 11-16
Words and stills, words and stills. Trost arc is finally at a close, and I feel like you could totally skip (actually started to) most of it aside from episode 5, my favorite from this arc.

17-19
A little better, but bad pacing really hampers the show. Though the lack of stills is a welcome change.

Bit drunk, straight out of sauna. I was thinking about finishing Legend of the Galactic Heroes but I bought a bottle of Trappistes Rochefort 8 just for this occasion so I could feel like I am watching this together with Reuental and Mittermeier.

RzQ1Tbe.png

Sadly, the bottle is 26 space kilometers away from me, so I'll pass today.

This is the kind of anime Legend of the Galactic Heroes is. I need the absolutely perfect situation to finish it. I can't be a bit tipsy. I need the right drink. My whole day needs to have gone right so that nothing can ruin the experience of finishing what I consider the perfect piece of animated fiction.

I'll pass my time with low class drivel such as Spice & Wolf S2. A show that so far hasn't really been that likable to me. Lawrence is kind of dense and Holo is kind of nuts. The best parts have been the explanations of some cool middle-age marketing plots. The relationship of Law and Holo has been interesting to watch evolve but they get into fights too often for it to be fun to me. Can't we all just get along and be all lovey-dovey? Is that too much to ask? Could Lawrence please be a bit less of a god-damn dense cunt still telling Holo that he'll dump her off at some fucking village close to her home and be done with her? I mean, fuck. How can he not realize that she's helped him so much along the way and she obviously wants to hang out a lot more, a lot more.

What I'm saying is that Holo is a pretty great waifu and Lawrence should realize that before it's too late
and he's a skeleton like we've seen in Holo's dreams
Oh, and OP1 is one of my favorite openings. That song is beauty.

Also, a little note to Corvo and Kirbyguy. I watched the Casshern movie with friends last night. They hated it and I was cold towards it. The plot was so fucking pretentious it hurt my ass but the visuals were pretty great. If you're both going into it with the desire to finish it then it's worth it. There's some Vanquish level action in it, even if there's a bit too little of it. BUT THEY ONLY SAID CASSHERN LIKE THREE TIMES!!! AND THEY DIDN'T SAY IT AS COOL AS THEY DO IN SINS. KYASHAN!

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 26
tumblr_mu7pjyMN5e1s3tuy9o5_500.png
tumblr_mu7pjyMN5e1s3tuy9o4_500.png

The episode was so good even if I had to rewatch it because the power cut off for an hour right at the good part of the episode (not that there was even a bad part). But the OP with Kise there, and then Akashi Seijuro, and Kuroko smile, as well as wearing the Black shirt (hope they make it with a figure, better than their standard uniform) topped of with that Kagami Kuroko glomp moment, made it easily best OP of the season so far. The ED is really good song (Walk - Old Codex).

Anyway Himuro Tatsuya is an excellent addition to the cast and perfect for Kagami. Feels like a much more approachable rival to target in whatever upcoming match with the team they have and hopefully
wont be as godly epic and impossible to triumph over as Aomine was last season. Maybe it will be good practice for him to train and get stronger.
A bit concerned mentally though he and Himuro are like brothers and the backstory made it really happy and sentimental yet thought provoking.
Can he win this time and rekindle the flames of friendship?

Also superior english voice acting for everyone...

cajunator

Banned
ANN disappoints me another day. Hey wait, she voiced fuwafuwa Yoko from Kiniro Mosaic, this too is satisfactory.

Sometimes them getting it wrong is still a pleasant surprise lol.

Log Horizon 1

Echoing the statements of others, this is really fun and at most times extremely lighthearted and I hope it stays like that through it's whole run. Also looking forward to suave cat man voiced by Jouji Nakata.

Best mop hair since Sae Sawanoguchi.

Haganai 1-4

Only watched four episodes of the blu-ray last night because I was tired. But I really liked what I saw. It was noticeably more enjoyable than a good portion of the first episodes of fall anime I've seen so far.

Haganai is a great series. I havent finished it yet cause Im watching it with a friend. Which are you, Team Meat or Team Yozora? Or maybe Team Rikka?

CorvoSol

Wolf Children is a movie.

I have an even harder time sitting for movies. Probably because Gundam movies are so fucking awful, and I didn't really get as much enjoyment from the Utena movie that some do, so anime movies to me, I dunno. Thrice bitten, and all that.

Also, a little note to Corvo and Kirbyguy. I watched the Casshern movie with friends last night. They hated it and I was cold towards it. The plot was so fucking pretentious it hurt my ass but the visuals were pretty great. If you're both going into it with the desire to finish it then it's worth it. There's some Vanquish level action in it, even if there's a bit too little of it. BUT THEY ONLY SAID CASSHERN LIKE THREE TIMES!!! AND THEY DIDN'T SAY IT AS COOL AS THEY DO IN SINS. KYASHAN!

KILL CASSHERN
DEVOUR CASSHERN.

Poor Mega Man Zero.

Branduil

I have an even harder time sitting for movies. Probably because Gundam movies are so fucking awful, and I didn't really get as much enjoyment from the Utena movie that some do, so anime movies to me, I dunno. Thrice bitten, and all that.

That's not a good excuse.

I hope you're not writing off all anime movies whatsoever just based on your experience with a couple franchise movies.

mhs004

Log Horizon 1

Really good episode. I think this time we might be getting an actually good anime based on MMORPG's. I've never played one myself but I really enjoyed it and will stick will it.

Strike the blood 1

Not really anything special except the awesome nose bleeds. Very generic but I will admit I am kind of a sucker for generic shonen so I'll also probably stick with this one.

jgminto

Okay now I'm caught up with the thread and what the hell happened in the last half-dozen pages

Also I don't give a damn if this was just posted last page, especially since I first posted about it a long time ago, saw the new article a lot earlier this morning and would have posted it if I wasn't avoiding the thread until I watched today's shows so far, and especially since people probably didn't click through to the article which now has character descriptions for each girl:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...cd-invites-you-to-snuggle-up-with-your-sister

I double-checked the actual website, and I swear I'm not making that second description up.

Ugh I feel dirty just reading that.

Poor Cashew.

I'm not saying they're all bad. I'm saying I don't like sitting for them. Like, unless its a Miyazaki movie, I don't really enjoy sitting there and watching for that long.
Disappearance of Haruhi and Eva 2.22 are among my favorite movies of all time, anime or not. Have you seen those?

Branduil

No excuse really is.

I'm not saying they're all bad. I'm saying I don't like sitting for them. Like, unless its a Miyazaki movie, I don't really enjoy sitting there and watching for that long.

If you like Miyazaki movies then there really is no excuse.

Kuroko no Basket S2 1

Opening: Wonderful. Would put it right alongside the one from S1 as one of the best.
Ending: It's okay. Don't really see myself staying for the ending just to hear it.

Quite surprised to hear that Himuro and Kagami have good English voices. Wish this would happen more frequently in other shows, but I know that's still very unlikely. Atsushi is still as tall as ever and his voice fits his laidback personality well. Would like to hear him again when he actually gets serious.

Vecks

Ooo, another anime about mmorpgs. I'm a total sucker for this kind of stuff, especially since I can't be bothered to actually play an mmorpg.

Log Horizon 1
I think the idea is rather neat. These guys have been playing this mmorpg and even reached level cap, but suddenly an expansion gives them more than they bargained for (virtual reality with no log out). Curious to see in what direction this will go. The show doesn't really stand out, but it doesn't seem bad either.

I do hope this will become my go-to mmorpg-related show because I haven't really found one that I could fully enjoy. The hack series was just too convoluted for me and focused too much on the mystery that wasn't all that interesting. I liked the first half of SAO, but some of it is a bit too... "much". And anything that's tied to an actual mmorpg like Ragnarok or Maple Story looks terrible.

Log Horizon 01

Pretty enjoyable. Nice amount of comedy, actual talking about a MMO and all its silly things about it. Definitely gonna watch where this goes.

Jex

Regarding the next AnimeGAf survey that I've been putting off for months now... since it'll have a section on retail for once, and I only have limited knowledge of non-R1 releated anime business, could I please get a quick primer on which are the major companies that license/simulcast anime in Europe, Australia, Asia, and elsewere? Thanks.

Manga UK, Madman (Aust), Kaze (Europe), MVM (UK) and some others.

Saprol

[Turning Girls] 1-2

3 minutes of Kaeru is too much. I didn't even want to try the next episode afterwards.
That BL plot between two cups of water though. Holy shit. lol

Coppelion 1

I like this series, though sometimes the characters look really awkward when the camera focuses on them with the really thick outline. Story set up is good though excited to see where things go from here.

cajunator

Banned
Not Ayase

This only the second time I've seen this and I'm already incredibly disappointed.

Where is she from?

I must know.

Random.

But I've been trying to finish this game before Pokemon releases and I seriously hate that it takes me 2+ hours just to finish one chapter.

Damn right it is.

iIXU1HkXdNY4A.gif

No Ayase in a fighting game is total missed opportunity.

I will support IS.

As will I! But I fear it may have reached the pinnacle and can only spiral into the abyss.

Wolf Children is a movie.

A movie I have yet to watch :(

Good god <3
By the way, if you guys remember this is Sae. The cutest mop haired girl in animu.
94jWhf1.jpg

You make it sound like something terrible.

iTcBcGNj6rrVp.gif

Oh god. please dont bring that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom