• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vecks

Yeah, it's just not clear what the characters know or are supposed to know. Even just a note that says "the characters are speaking English now" would be enough to just alleviate those problems.

Watching Space Bros is always really weird because the scope of the show is somewhat international. While I appreciate them keeping everything in Japanese because they mostly just use Japanese Voice actors anyway (not a fan of Engrish), I can't help but cringe every time the people from other nations do and say things in a way that's very Japanese.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Watching Space Bros is always really weird because the scope of the show is somewhat international. While I appreciate them keeping everything in Japanese because they mostly just use Japanese Voice actors anyway (not a fan of Engrish), I can't help but cringe every time the people from other nations do and say things in a way that's very Japanese.
Hah, yeah, that stuff happens too. But funny enough, I typically just roll with it because it's almost a lesser problem when compared to the fact that they're all speaking Japanese.

Jarmel

Banned
There's going to be a Kyoto Animation fan appreciation day in Kyoto on 11/30.

The sponsors are apparently Pony Canyon, Lantis, TBS, Asahi and Quaras. The yaraon dude thinks its interesting that Kadokawa isn't involved in any of this :(

Well, fuck. So I'm guessing their next project is going to be another of their LN and it'll probably be done by Takemoto.

If we're lucky then we'll just have an anime original written by Gatoh and done by Takemoto.

Hajime no Ippo - Rising episode 01

In one of a myriad ways the internet has ruined me, my first thought in the opening seconds was, "For God's sake, stop posting!"

Log Horizon 1

ibhBHgqEn9zpkG.jpg

Echoing the statements of others, this is really fun and at most times extremely lighthearted and I hope it stays like that through it's whole run. Also looking forward to suave cat man voiced by Jouji Nakata.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Log Horizon 1:

normally I would insta-drop this for having a Takanashi score but I'll give it until Nakata Cat-man appears to see if he can make it worthwhile.

mhs004

Space Bros 76
Unfortunately, this couldn't carry the Gravity hype. lol

Still, the new character is hilarious:
c3ckgodl.png

A Russian girl who is both wahjah by trying to act like an adult and tsundere. Good times.

Of course, the language thing continues to break since I have no idea if Hibito is speaking Russian or if they're all just speaking English. There's also a part where the girl watches the in-universe Hibbit anime, which is presented in Japanese for us, but we have no idea if it's been dubbed into Russian in the show or if the girl can also understand Japanese.

But I know, there really isn't much they can do with this stuff. It's still weird though. lol

Well it is a anime so of course all of it will be in Japanese. I don't think the Japanese viewing audience would want alot of subtitles in their anime. I just imagine when they are in Japan they speak Japanese, in America they speak English, ect and just make everything Japanese for the audience to understand.

Haganai 1-4

Only watched four episodes of the blu-ray last night because I was tired. But I really liked what I saw. It was noticeably more enjoyable than a good portion of the first episodes of fall anime I've seen so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well it is a anime so of course all of it will be in Japanese. I don't think the Japanese viewing audience would want alot of subtitles in their anime. I just imagine when they are in Japan they speak Japanese, in America they speak English, ect and just make everything Japanese for the audience to understand.
What about now when they're in Russia? :p

Korosenai

3 questions:

1. Why does the Magi anime season 1 apparently suck? Should I just read the manga?

2. What manga chapters does the first season of Blue Exorcist cover?

3. Does the Jojo anime cover the very beginning of Jojo, or the later stuff?

Gazoinks

3. Does the Jojo anime cover the very beginning of Jojo, or the later stuff?

I believe it's the first two parts? The beginning, in any case. There's still a lot to go. A LOT. They haven't even introduced what makes Jojo really Jojo (Stands).

Articalys

I mean, the only other anime I can recall at the moment that involved multiple spoken languages agreeing/clashing with what was "actually" being spoken was the last arc of the second season of Black Lagoon, and I think both the original and dubbed versions handled it differently.

Of course, the problem there was that Megumi Toyoguchi is terrible at speaking English.

mhs004

3 questions:

1. Why does the Magi anime season 1 apparently suck? Should I just read the manga

The anime team condensed around 100 chapters into 25 episodes. Spotty animation at times it was so bad it was hilarious, an example would be the morg dance scene. That being said I kind of enjoyed an am going to watch season two. Go manga though even though I haven't read alot myself.

Did they ever fix the dance scene in the Blu Ray and DVD releases? It was so funny I hope they didn't.

So hey guys

MOfaTIP.jpg

Not Ayase

This only the second time I've seen this and I'm already incredibly disappointed.

ANN?
Ah yes, ANN. lol

---
zSRFy6ql.png

This is the western yandere.

Where is she from?

I must know.

Random.

But I've been trying to finish this game before Pokemon releases and I seriously hate that it takes me 2+ hours just to finish one chapter.

Gintama is the king of gag comedies and damn good in action and emotional scenes.

Damn right it is.

iIXU1HkXdNY4A.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm I haven't seen the episode yet but I bet either they are technically speaking American or Russian. I'm studying for my Islamic Civ test on Monday so I'm not able to watch alot of anime this weekend.
Either way, it shouldn't be a question I even need to ask.

I mean, the only other anime I can recall at the moment that involved multiple spoken languages agreeing/clashing with what was "actually" being spoken was the last arc of the second season of Black Lagoon, and I think both the original and dubbed versions handled it differently.
Of course, the problem there was that Megumi Toyoguchi is terrible at speaking English.
Moyashimon just straight up had a "they are speaking French now" caption at the bottom during scenes.

-----
In lieu of watching any new anime, I decided to carry on with DTL and watch the new Little Busters season.

I was wondering if they would give fake-SDBurton-lesbian her own arc, and while it doesn't look like she'll get a multi-episode deal like the other girls, they did open with an episode about her:
sFKO0oTl.png

The weird thing is that
they're using her arc to tie directly to the meta plot rather than actually explore her character
. Which I guess makes sense since this is apparently a one cour season and they probably need to set up the big end game.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 1

Damn my boy Kuroko can't get any shine from the outsiders (reporters). I would say not a lot of basketball in this episode but more building on the story. Great introduction to Murasakibara and Himuro.

I also like the OP and ED.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I know that Shana is really short but Kirino's legs are crazy long there.

Oh and Kirino isn't the only new character announced. We also have Railgun. Toma is the support character in this pic :lol

FUCK YES! Day 1!

But fuck Touma. :lol

cnet128

Banned
Hmm, just spotted ANN's character description for Saika seems to be mistranslated; it's got the character roles backwards. Here's my quick translation of the JP:

Saika is a genki girl who loves physical activity and always plays outside in the summer without worrying about getting a tan. Though she doesn't often fall ill, today she's bedridden with a cold, so her big brother is worried and comes to look after her. She teases him to begin with, but, perhaps because she's feeling weak from illness, ends up asking "stay with me until I fall asleep..."

Articalys

Betrayed by a rank amateur translation again. ANN, Crunchyroll, is there nobody reporting anime news in English that's actually competent in Japanese?

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 1

First half goes in with the Feels Punch, driving memories into the viewers brain!

Second half is where we get hype fighting!

Theonik

You know the more I watch Princess Tutu the more I want to rewatch Utena.

There will never be a time for IS, you and your supporters will get bodied by AoT and Mikasa's abs, and you will like it!
If only AoT was more about Mikasa's abs rather than all the other crap.

So what are the odds that Mako is going to be Ryuko love interest?

Would be one of the few Yuri pairings I would not support.

Already on board.

Okay now I'm caught up with the thread and what the hell happened in the last half-dozen pages

Also I don't give a damn if this was just posted last page, especially since I first posted about it a long time ago, saw the new article a lot earlier this morning and would have posted it if I wasn't avoiding the thread until I watched today's shows so far, and especially since people probably didn't click through to the article which now has character descriptions for each girl:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...cd-invites-you-to-snuggle-up-with-your-sister

I double-checked the actual website, and I swear I'm not making that second description up.

Disturbing.

If this was a VN I would definitely pick the second one

Nafe

The time for IS is now!

madp's post about Freezing reminded me that the first parts for both shows aired in the same season. While only people in Japan can watch it, I believe the third Madoka movie comes out at the end of the month as well. It's like winter 2011 all over again,haha.

Oh yeah, Nafe, that is where they played kick the can on Gintama. :p

OK. I have seen that gif posted before. Maybe I'll just do like some others and just watch an episode every now and then and slowly make my way through it or something.

You know what will happen when they reach the basement? It turns out that the only way to save humanity is to end all yuri!

It's probably just a key to another basement,haha.

Dennis

Banned
Is the first season of Silver Spoon over?

I checked wikipedia and 11 episodes have aired so far but it is not clear to me if the season is over........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom