• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gingitsune 01

It's not bad. Pretty light story and light hearted.

Though not really sure where the plot is gonna go with this since it seems less learning to live with a fox spirit and I guess more learning to be independent of using your fox spirit or something.

I might want to keep watching but not really so sure about this.

Joe Molotov

Tetsuko no Tabi (That Train Otaku Show)

0Vib6hr.jpg
5Es0TgM.jpg

bhbsHYT.jpg
CBWiWq6.jpg

This show is boring, but in a good way. It's very chill and relaxing, makes me ready for a nap. I didn't know anything about this show before I started watching it except that it was about train otakus, but I suspected that there was more to it than that. Nope, that's literally it. Just this otaku dude, his editor, and a non-otaku manga artist riding the rails and visiting station after station, while the otaku dude tells them what's cool about each station (not much). But it's easy to watch, and it's mildly amusing to watch someone geek out over their hobby, and like I said it's very relaxing.

There was no change, that was just the first time they aired the ending since they didn't want people to find out what the show actually was until episode 3.

Curious, I'm watching the show on Crunchyroll and I swear there's a mini-ED for the first 2 episodes, oh well.

Madoka Magika 04-05

Really loving it so far. Though I do enjoy mindfucks like that of Steins;Gate or Mawaru Penguindrum it is nice that I can enjoy the dark themes and pay attention/understand the story progression.

Looks like Sayaka finally bought into the wish and even though the results look sweet and happy so far I can't help but feel that it will all come crashing down driving her into a downward spiral in regret. The fight scene with the new Magical Girl (I shall call her reddie until a name is revealed) looked like it drove some doubts into Sayaka.

Theory Time

Now as for Kyubei, I predict that this little cat-fox-thing is going to be the main villain of the series. His constant passive-aggressive persuasion of many girls (as referenced by reddie in that all Magical Girls are created by Kyubei) and Madoka into Magical Girls is starting to become more prominent with only Homura trying to stop it. I would even say that the Witches are some creation of his doing.

I'm warming up to Homura and supporting her own little quest of sorts but its soon becoming evident that Madoka might follow suit due to her attachment to Mami and Sayaka.

Gingitsune 1
I'm thinking this will be the sweetest anime of the season

Walkure Romanze 1
I can't tell if this is going to be a harem show or a show about joust battles

SSB 4
She has a great job.

Gazoinks

Curious, I'm watching the show on Crunchyroll and I swear there's a mini-ED for the first 2 episodes, oh well.

Madoka Magika 04-05

Really loving it so far. Though I do enjoy mindfucks like that of Steins;Gate or Mawaru Penguindrum it is nice that I can enjoy the dark themes and pay attention/understand the story progression.

Looks like Sayaka finally bought into the wish and even though the results look sweet and happy so far I can't help but feel that it will all come crashing down driving her into a downward spiral in regret. The fight scene with the new Magical Girl (I shall call her reddie until a name is revealed) looked like it drove some doubts into Sayaka.

Theory Time

Now as for Kyubei, I predict that this little cat-fox-thing is going to be the main villain of the series. His constant passive-aggressive persuasion of many girls (as referenced by reddie in that all Magical Girls are created by Kyubei) and Madoka into Magical Girls is starting to become more prominent with only Homura trying to stop it. I would even say that the Witches are some creation of his doing.

I'm warming up to Homura and supporting her own little quest of sorts but its soon becoming evident that Madoka might follow suit due to her attachment to Mami and Sayaka.

Eeh hee hee. It's fun reading someone's blind reactions to this show.

On the ED: I believe for the first two episodes they just ran the credits over the end of the episode, didn't they? I don't really remember.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gingitsune 01
I want to like this, but the production is pretty shit, the interactions between characters vary from mild to weak, and the direction is underwhelming. Oh yeah, and the fox design creeps me out. Feels very out of place, which isn't really helped when his cohesion with the world isn't really solidified.

Gingitsune 1

This one was easily one of the best of the new season so far. The two main characters have a great dynamic. I had a feeling this one would be good, glad it delivers.

Walkure Romanze 1

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect going in. I'm still not sure whether the focus is going to be on the jousting, or character relationships, but it's got me interested enough to stay with it.

Wanna be the Strongest in the World 1

Pretty extreme fanservice, but the plot is just so hilarious and off-the-wall that I'm going to watch every episode.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There was no change, that was just the first time they aired the ending since they didn't want people to find out what the show actually was until episode 3.

Eeh hee hee. It's fun reading someone's blind reactions to this show.

On the ED: I believe for the first two episodes they just ran the credits over the end of the episode, didn't they? I don't really remember.

From what I understand, when it first aired they just ran the credits over the end of the episode. But the Crunchyroll version has a completely different ED for the first two episodes.

Fake Edit: Yeah, just checked, the CR versions of 1 and 2 have a different ending song playing over a still image.

----------------

Nichibros 3

I love casual Obama references in anime. :lol Also the radio skit was hilarious.

Wrestletits 1

All dat moaning, wow. Glad I used headphones for this one. Almost felt a little uncomfortable at times. But hell, fanservice and wrestling? I've gotta see this one through to the end just for that.

From what I understand, when it first aired they just ran the credits over the end of the episode. But the Crunchyroll version has a completely different ED for the first two episodes.

Fake Edit: Yeah, just checked, the CR versions of 1 and 2 have a different ending song playing over a still image.

I think this was a change made for the DVD releases in Japan.

yami4ct

Pokemon: The Origin (ALL)

So, finally got to sit down and watch these. After the tremendous amount of hype going in, I can't help but say I feel super let down. The animation is gorgeous. I love the chunkier art style and the way the battles play out. It also plays on my nostalgia for the older pokemon stuff really well. Looking passed that, though, it all starts to fall to pieces.

The story in the specials could not be more poorly handled. It's pretty much the worst case scenario I imagined when we first got word this would be a movie length set of specials and not a full season. The special is way too ambitious for the amount of time it has. Almost all the important events from the game are played out in montage form. Sure, the battles look good, but we also don't get many of them. I can't say I could envision a better way to do it than they did, but it was a flawed idea from the getgo. Seeing montage after montage of events from the games just didn't work for me at all. It completely destroyed any sense of character and pacing and turned the entire series into a nostalgia fest of "hey, remember all this cool stuff?". I guess that was the point, but it could have been so much more.

Overall, I still enjoyed my time with the series. It is extremely pretty and I couldn't help but get a little caught up in the nostalgia at least. I'm going to say I'm one of the few people that still sort of keeps up with the proper Pokemon anime, because I try and watch all the films that come out. I probably enjoy those more than I did Origin. They understand what they are and they make a story to fit the time they have. My hope right now is that we get something like Origin every once in a while, but future specials create their own tales much more suited to the scale of the project. I'd absolutely love something that has the more adult-oriented battles and chunkier style of Origin, but didn't feel the need to over-extend on the story side just to appeal to fan nostalgia.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think this was a change made for the DVD releases in Japan.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I can understand how someone who's only watched it back when it aired would make that mistake.

----------

Super Seisyun Brothers 2

Something about ice cream or something, that's all I got.

Super Seisyun Brothers 3

Man I hope DTL isn't watching this. :lol That part at the end would have gotten his hopes up only to violently dash them away.

Pokemon: The Origin (ALL)

So, finally got to sit down and watch these. After the tremendous amount of hype going in, I can't help but say I feel super let down. The animation is gorgeous. I love the chunkier art style and the way the battles play out. It also plays on my nostalgia for the older pokemon stuff really well. Looking passed that, though, it all starts to fall to pieces.

The story in the specials could not be more poorly handled. It's pretty much the worst case scenario I imagined when we first got word this would be a movie length set of specials and not a full season. The special is way too ambitious for the amount of time it has. Almost all the important events from the game are played out in montage form. Sure, the battles look good, but we also don't get many of them. I can't say I could envision a better way to do it than they did, but it was a flawed idea from the getgo. Seeing montage after montage of events from the games just didn't work for me at all. It completely destroyed any sense of character and pacing and turned the entire series into a nostalgia fest of "hey, remember all this cool stuff?". I guess that was the point, but it could have been so much more.

Overall, I still enjoyed my time with the series. It is extremely pretty and I couldn't help but get a little caught up in the nostalgia at least. I'm going to say I'm one of the few people that still sort of keeps up with the proper Pokemon anime, because I try and watch all the films that come out. I probably enjoy those more than I did Origin. They understand what they are and they make a story to fit the time they have. My hope right now is that we get something like Origin every once in a while, but future specials create their own tales much more suited to the scale of the project. I'd absolutely love something that has the more adult-oriented battles and chunkier style of Origin, but didn't feel the need to over-extend on the story side just to appeal to fan nostalgia.

Gonna comment on this, or at least the "remember all this cool stuff", I really wish that we can continue with not wanking Gen 1. I mean shit, Gen 5 had the balls to not ride it's dick, why can't we continue man?

yami4ct

Gonna comment on this, or at least the "remember all this cool stuff", I really wish that we can continue with not wanking Gen 1. I mean shit, Gen 5 had the balls to not ride it's dick, why can't we continue man?

My hope is that this is just a Gen VI thing. This gen seems really tailored to bringing older fans back into the series, with megas of all the big evolutions and all. Hopefully this'll all get cleared up by the next gen or the R/S/E remakes if we get those. (And yeah, the constant adoration of Gen I stuff is really tiring).

Gazoinks

The Tatami Galaxy 6

aw yis Engrish episode.

Nooo Watashi why do you have Jougasaki's doooolll.

Akashi hasn't been prominent enough in the last couple of episodes, but seeing some more of Hanuki and Jougasaki was nice.

The Tatami Galaxy 7

NO WATASHI THAT IS THE WRONG CHOICE.

I really like how this show has this gradual shift of the unreliable narrator where as Watashi starts to blame things less on others they get depicted in a less and less negative light. Even Ozu, who's initially some sort of corrupting monster is at this point just sort of mischievous.

The Tatami Galaxy 8

Woah, this episode tied all the way back to the film episode. Good stuff.

I loved how this episode ended really similarly to the first, but this time Watashi's actually willing to try to make things change.

FluxWaveZ

Btooom!

From the NeoGAF impressions (or lack thereof) of this series, it seems that most people weren't too into Btooom! However, I really loved it.

I'm a sucker for any story where the concept is people who are given unique weapons or abilities and are forced to kill each other in an isolated area. So it's pretty much a given that I'll enjoy anything resembling Battle Royale, Future Diary, The Hunger Games and, now, Btooom!

Add to that the video-game-into-reality conceit and a loser, NEET main protagonist and I'm in. Sakamoto actually makes me think of a Light Yagami if he was a good guy... and a social recluse. Really, I liked all of the characters except for Himiko who barely did anything useful throughout the whole thing.

I'd actually say that Himiko is the source of the things I disliked about this series. The fact that all of the fanservice came from dumb scenes with her, the cheese that was the Himiko/Sakamoto relationship and the fact that she just sucks are the negatives that come to mind.

Also, the last episode was, unfortunately, probably the worst because of how unfulfilling it was. Things were gearing up to end on a high note, but everything wrapped up pretty abruptly and somewhat confusingly. I guess the manga is still going on, so there might be some differences there.

FluxWaveZ

Isn't that the show with the rape scene?

I saw some people talk about that as though it was a big deal, but it really wasn't. There are two rape "scenes", however there's never any depiction of someone getting raped and I think it was actually done rather tastefully, thinking about how bad it could have been handled.

Pocket Monsters: The Origin 1:
That poor Hitokage. What was up with that?

First impressions were pretty good. It's neat to have a closer adaptation of the games (although still playing fast and loose with a lot of stuff), and seeing a take closer to that. Professor Okido's new voice took some getting used to, given how ingrained his normal voice is to me.

Red's struggles at the beginning were nice to see shown, and we got some nice looking battles and some wonderful music. Very enjoyable so far.

yami4ct

Pocket Monsters: The Origin 1:
That poor Hitokage. What was up with that?

First impressions were pretty good. It's neat to have a closer adaptation of the games (although still playing fast and loose with a lot of stuff), and seeing a take closer to that. Professor Okido's new voice took some getting used to, given how ingrained his normal voice is to me.

Red's struggles at the beginning were nice to see shown, and we got some nice looking battles and some wonderful music. Very enjoyable so far.

1+4 are pretty easily the best of the bunch. 2+3 are really the biggest messes. 4 is also really hurt by the montage story jumping, so it's a bit lower than 1.

Man, the more I think about Origin, the sadder I get. Probably going to be in contention for most disappointing anime of this year. It's not bad, but so much potential wasted.

I saw some people talk about that as though it was a big deal, but it really wasn't. There are two rape "scenes", however there's never any depiction of someone getting raped and I think it was actually done rather tastefully, thinking about how bad it could have been handled.

One of them was VERY explicit in the manga.

Wiktor

Lol..I can't believe Infinite Stratos started it's second season with a swimsuit episode :D I see the creators are still intent on pushing boundaries in anime.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kitakubu 11

God, the first 10 minutes were so booooooooring. Took me nearly half an hour to just watch that much, since I kept getting bored and pausing it to go do other things. The second half of the episode was good though. Looking forward to seeing how they end it next episode.

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties 10

We need to see more with the Little President.

Also, massive disappoint that there wasn't an actual yandere.

Westlo

Infinite Stratos 3

This show is so motherfucking stupid. Of course now Cecilia is head over heels obsessed with the dude now. And another childhood friend shows up to add to the harem. I feel like I'm going to get shingles of the anus if I continue to watch this show. I'd almost rather watch the Bucs choke away another win than watch this. I think I'm dropping.

Horrible decision since you're about to hit the best parts of the show. <3 Charles.

Holy shit they delivered.

Btooom!

From the NeoGAF impressions (or lack thereof) of this series, it seems that most people weren't too into Btooom! However, I really loved it.

I enjoyed the 3 episodes I watched of it enough, it just feel into my backlog hell like 99% of shit I watch does.

cajunator

Banned
With every new viewing of iDOLM@STER the iDOL wars begin anew.

However I don't mind if I'm the only one supporting my choice of best girl, because it means I don't have to share. ;)

Which girl? This is important.

Gingitsune 1

This was pretty charming. It's a first episode, so basically just introducing the main characters alongside some low stakes drama to get things going. Gintaro's solo scenes were gently amusing and he carried them well enough, but it's more adorable when he's with Saeki. Their relationship it pitched as unusual for a human and a herald/spirit messenger in the show, as is Gintaro's situation as a herald. Humans interacting with spirits and Gods is definitely up my alley, and I found this to be an enjoyable take on it and an effective antidote to the other shows I've picked up for fall so far, due to how relaxed it is. The visuals aren't doing anything special, but I think the designs fit the atmosphere of the show and I didn't have any problems with the animation. Will keep watching.

Now, to try Log Horizon or just wait 'til Galilei Donna.

Good god shes a cutie. Im looking forward to this show.

Infinite Stratos 3

This show is so motherfucking stupid. Of course now Cecilia is head over heels obsessed with the dude now. And another childhood friend shows up to add to the harem. I feel like I'm going to get shingles of the anus if I continue to watch this show. I'd almost rather watch the Bucs choke away another win than watch this. I think I'm dropping.

Yeah IS is insufferably stupid. But it gets worse lol. At least stick with it until Charles appears. shes worth it.

This is the exact reason why I dont like Rie's kugilolis.

:D

CorvoSol

Because Gen IV was the shittiest generation of Pokemon. 5 earned back my faith, but Goddamn, aside from the G/S remakes, Gen IV was SHIT. And the sooner I don't have to have Cynthia reminding me how lame Gen 4 was, the better.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not sure it's actually better to write in a rape (for shock value, one supposes?) and then tone it down enough to be palatable and tasteful and not really a big deal. Well, I suppose that's marginally better than making it titillating fetish material, but.

Well, it's for shock value, sure, but it's also to fundamentally develop Himiko as a character who initially detests men which plays a big enough part at the beginning of the story itself.

Syrinx

Yeah IS is insufferably stupid. But it gets worse lol. At least stick with it until Charles appears. shes worth it.
How is she worth it? Does she go all School Days on Ichika's dumb ass and everybody else's dumb ass around him? If not I fail to see how she's worth it. Cute can't save this pile of shit.

Pooya

Yikes, well that doesn't sound great. I suppose I'm glad it was censored in the anime adaptation.

well, if you want rest of the story you probably have to go to the manga, I don't think there will be a second season, it did too poorly.

and yeah the manga has explicit scenes, I think they cut one as a whole in the anime.

FluxWaveZ

Comic book writing, then.

I guess? All I know is that I'm a fan of characters who have messed up backstories which affects how they behave in the present, so I think it worked.

well, if you want rest of the story you probably have to go to the manga, I don't think there will be a second season, it did too poorly.

and yeah the manga has explicit scenes, I think they cut one as a whole in the anime.

That's unfortunate; wonder why it didn't do too good. Perhaps it was too generic or something.

Guess I'll start reading the manga, then.

Btooom!

I'm a sucker for any story where the concept is people who are given unique weapons or abilities and are forced to kill each other in an isolated area. So it's pretty much a given that I'll enjoy anything resembling Battle Royale, Future Diary, The Hunger Games and, now, Btooom!

Add to that the video-game-into-reality conceit and a loser, NEET main protagonist and I'm in. Sakamoto actually makes me think of a Light Yagami if he was a good guy... and a social recluse. Really, I liked all of the characters except for Himiko who barely did anything useful throughout the whole thing.

I'd actually say that Himiko is the source of the things I disliked about this series. The fact that all of the fanservice came from dumb scenes with her, the cheese that was the Himiko/Sakamoto relationship and the fact that she just sucks are the negatives that come to mind.

Also, the last episode was, unfortunately, probably the worst because of how unfulfilling it was. Things were gearing up to end on a high note, but everything wrapped up pretty abruptly and somewhat confusingly. I guess the manga is still going on, so there might be some differences there.

I enjoyed the show as well. Most of the things I didn't like about it was mostly what you said. I didn't like Himiko, and the last episode didn't seem great. I almost dropped the series from the 3rd (or 2nd episode I can't remember) where
that guy almost raped Himiko
. I thought they were going a little too far with that scene, but thankfully I went back into the show.

The action was nice, I liked the concept of survivors on an island, and seeing their interactions with different people they meet. It was done quite well, and I saw the best insane character
Kira

I'd hate to say this but Himiko is probably one of the most unenjoyable characters I've seen in a while. If she wasn't in the show I'm guessing I'd like it exceptionally more. For now it's still great for the story and action alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom