• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I can see that. Especially compared to Mario64's paintings, which means they could basically make the levels whatever. I do like how all of the levels all feel part of one big island in Sunshine, but it can get monotonous yeah.

I hope Nintendo makes a return to the less linear-style 3D Mario games. Galaxy is great, but I really liked how in Sunshine and 64 you could just kind of run around and find bonus stars and stuff.

I love tropical music and the romantic view of a tropical island/underwater scene, but too much of it is just stale, like watching 5 episodes of Max Heart.

Yeah, it doesn't look to be on the US Amazon, alas, though obviously it's on the Japanese one (two of those user images totally aren't from the book!). I picked it up at Otakon over the summer, and it's a really nice book. Makes me think that I should watch DoReMi at some point, but the sheer number of episodes is something I find a little overwhelming.

Yeah it's on the Japanese site, although I don't think an Amazon Store Card would work, so I'm rather miffed since the Store Card is rather limited on what you can get with it.

I'd be willing to push DoReMi on you though, and would also advise taking small breaks between seasons.

Bakemonogatari 4

Show is so damn weird. I can't tell if I'm not smart enough, artsy enough, Japanese enough, or crazy enough to get like, half the things that manic pixie dream girl says, nor why the show keeps going black-red-black-red-black-red and basically ol Penis Hair the Blue Macaw is the only sort of sane thing going on.

Its a lot like Eva. Its not nearly as complicated enough as it tries to act like it is. Basically its a harem show with a somewhat decent lead and a somewhat decent story.

CorvoSol

Tell me more

His name is Araragi. Arara (with an accent that I can't really figure out how to make an American keyboard add) is the Portuguese name for the Macaw. When I lived in Brazil the only kind of Arara I saw in the wild were Arara Azuis, or Blue Macaws. In the last episode female character/sexy robot Senjougahara kept suggesting sexy things to the Blue Macaw, and his hair would react accordingly, thus making it penis hair, thus making him Penis Hair the Blue Macaw.

It's all very simple, really.

cajunator

Banned
His name is Araragi. Arara (with an accent that I can't really figure out how to make an American keyboard add) is the Portuguese name for the Macaw. When I lived in Brazil the only kind of Arara I saw in the wild were Arara Azuis, or Blue Macaws. In the last episode female character/sexy robot Senjougahara kept suggesting sexy things to the Blue Macaw, and his hair would react accordingly, thus making it penis hair, thus making him Penis Hair the Blue Macaw.

It's all very simple, really.

Your logic is impeccable corvy kun.

Nordicus

At this point she is scared mostly because she has no clue what his power ( touma ) is .
and touma is like the only student to treat her properly.
Because what you do with goodwilled people who possess unknown tremendous power, is stuff a zillion amperes in their face

Yea no, little miss bugzapper's a bitch

Theonik

Acchi Kocchi 13
Eh. Still cute I guess. Nothing much else to say chickdigger avatar girl probably died of bloodloss this episode.

Mazinkaizer SKL 01
Totally stupid. Totally over the top. Totally Go Nagai and misogynist as shit.
AND YET. That action so good.

Tiger and Bunny 18-21
So fucking shit. Like holy fuck. I am almost angry. Almost. They are pulling everything out their arse at this point.

I hear ya.

Who knows, maybe in a way it was Kyoani trying to keep the drama down or something.
Maybe. That doesn't soothe me though :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah it's on the Japanese site, although I don't think an Amazon Store Card would work, so I'm rather miffed since the Store Card is rather limited on what you can get with it.

I'd be willing to push DoReMi on you though, and would also advise taking small breaks between seasons.
"DoReMi" is the dub. The original show has no such styling.

Fullmetal Alchemist 15 2003 Dub

Ed and Al just got god stomped by Scar. The flashback to Ichval was dark and depressing and the change that
Roy and Marcoh killed Winry's parents
was legit shocking. The scene of Hawkeye leg sweeping Roy was hilarious one of the better moments of the series.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
No I couldn't find it on the US website period. I found it just fine on the Japanese website, but I'm restricted to the Amazon Store Card, which seems to be region restricted.

Oh, well that's a shame. Is there a reason why you're restricted to the card instead of cash? If you really want it, you could probably cut a little off of the card's value in exchange for cash from someone in the buy/sell/trade thread (like, for a $50 card, charge $45.)

CorvoSol

Your logic is impeccable corvy kun.

It's based 110% on things everyone can know.

Mazinkaizer SKL 01
Totally stupid. Totally over the top. Totally Go Nagai and misogynist as shit.
AND YET. That action so good.

So the only Mazin show I've seen so far is Shin Mazinger Z, but I have been meaning to ask and this reminded me: what's the deal with everyone referring to Baron Asura as an "it"? I mean, Asura appears to be half male, half female, and while I suppose there aren't pronouns for that in the Japanese language (or a lot of languages for that matter), couldn't they have used a plural, since Asura is like, two people stuck together? Or does it not matter because Asura is a monster? Although I gotta say, after hearing Zeus destroyed Asura's home, that's hard to believe.

wonzo

Banned
nejimaki kagyu anime when

nejimakikagyu10.png

Oreki isn't barbaric confirmed, Satoshi already explaining what he doing afterall, loud and clear, no need for violence.

I would still have the urge to hit him. As well as giving me dialogue that made me flash back to KnK, but less shitty.

Oh, well that's a shame. Is there a reason why you're restricted to the card instead of cash? If you really want it, you could probably cut a little off of the card's value in exchange for cash from someone in the buy/sell/trade thread (like, for a $50 card, charge $45.)

It's a limitation imposed on me for Christmas requested, so I can't really break it even if I wanted to because I'm not the one pulling the strings.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's a limitation imposed on me for Christmas requested, so I can't really break it even if I wanted to because I'm not the one pulling the strings.

oh, okay. Wasn't sure whether you'd gotten it from trading in some used games or something like that.

Theonik

So the only Mazin show I've seen so far is Shin Mazinger Z, but I have been meaning to ask and this reminded me: what's the deal with everyone referring to Baron Asura as an "it"? I mean, Asura appears to be half male, half female, and while I suppose there aren't pronouns for that in the Japanese language (or a lot of languages for that matter), couldn't they have used a plural, since Asura is like, two people stuck together? Or does it not matter because Asura is a monster? Although I gotta say, after hearing Zeus destroyed Asura's home, that's hard to believe.
Yes it's a monster thing. Also the eternal debate
what goes on down there.

fertygo

I would still have the urge to hit him. As well as giving me dialogue that made me flash back to KnK, but less shitty.

Why?
I just rewatched it too, the dialogue is well written..Its not just some angst bullshit, its a legit personality issue.. and his act is like telegraphed message to Mayaka afterall, shit just became serious because Chitanda involved, I actually more annoyed to Chitanda at this eps.. very clever way to show its one of her "flaw" though.

Why?
I just rewatched it too, the dialogue is well written..Its not just some angst bullshit, its a legit personality issue.. and his act is like telegraphed message to Mayaka afterall, shit just became serious because Chitanda involved, I actually more annoyed to Chitanda at this eps.. very clever way to show its one of her "flaw" though.

My comments on his dialogue is more suited towards when Hyouka started, but not when he did what he did to Mayaka towards the end. A lot of his commentary was there to practically shove some themes and symbology into his dialogue, which felt totally unnatural, which is why he was a lowpoint initially for me. Luckily for me, dialogue actually got better and felt more natural overall.

As for the Mayaka thing, it's not the angst bullshit or anything, it's that he was a jackass for what he did. So he was still a low point for me. Thankfully, that low point was better than what we got from the beginning, because it made him feel like a more natural character as a result.

Just to restate, at this point, me saying he's a low point isn't me saying that I hate him. It's me saying that I like him the least.

Hunter x Hunter 105

I almost feel like I should stop writing impressions for HxH because all I seem to be able to write about it is adulatory praise. One of these days I'm going to write an impression post and it's just going to be "Ooh, yeah, Hunter x Hunter, give it to me, give it to me good!"

Basically what I'm trying to say here is YES. YES. THIS IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT. That whole scene with the King and Komugi...just yes. There are no words other than yes. My vocabulary has been reduced to a single word. Hunter x Hunter why are you doing this to me.

Yes !

This is so good give it to me can't wait for next week.

See ? it's not hard , hxh is "that" good after all.

rpmurphy

Amazon still hasn't shipped my Nakaimo pre-order and no update for a week now. :(
Site shows it's OOS too, what the heck.
Don't judge pls.

Fullmetal Alchemist 16 2003 Dub

It's weird how equivalent exchange is treated like a religion in this series. As a whole this episode didn't really serve much purpose other then to give Ed more to think about in terms of what it means to be a soldier and what does equivalent exchange mean and how does it tie to his and his brother's condition. Knowing in the original series what happened makes me feel weird as I don't know how this series is going to explain what the brothers gained for what they lost.

Because what you do with goodwilled people who possess unknown tremendous power, is stuff a zillion amperes in their face

Yea no, little miss bugzapper's a bitch

to be fair she only stun them at first , she gave more power to her electricity once she realised that it wasn't working on him. The only character she went all out on is touma, even kuroko doesn't receive that much electricity when she punishes her... it's funny because she is very good at electricity control ( because otherwise she would fry every electric item she goes near ) , she just forget about that when touma is involved.

Uchouten Kazoku 9

Kaisei is pretty cute. I guess she was hidden up to now to reflect her hising herself from Yasaburo. Her face is revealed only when she reveals a tender side of herself she had hitherto kept bottled up, even if that revelation comes through a bath wall.

Toriko 130

First episode in awhile that made me really interested in the cooking. Komatsu was really on point all throughout and just really stunning to see in action
using common ingredients and adding his own touch to things while his opponent was using fancy speed and skill

Seeing it in HD on crunchyroll was amazing.

Theonik

Hyouka 22
A pretty good episode overall though some nice moments and great visual direction barring the above example. The episode also had some nice moments with Oreki and Chitanda again and some sort of conclusion to the last episode's events.
However it also felt a bit underwhelming to be honest. It didn't feel like an ending at all which I know why it is so but I can't help to be annoyed by. The show just kinda ends.
S2 where.

Pacific Rim : The worst anime of them all.
"Fucking CG mecha."

Planet of the Onpus: Dokkaan! 4

Tried setting up something here, but quoting makes it fall apart. Damn it.

This pretty much happened because Doremi didn't tell them that Onpu was coming when it opened. They rely on her too much, and it made Onpu look like a dick. God damn it Doremi.

Meanwhile
Hana is still treated like a baby, and thus takes manners into her hands after approaching Reika.

Onpus! Onpus everywhere! Makes my avatar choice even more appropriate!

Other than that, I was right. Beads and shit seems like the worst idea yet for them if they couldn't entice people to buy shit without Onpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom