• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I think what Nagahama said was just that he was working on a secret project which was hinted to be a continuation of Mushishi (or Detroit Metal City, which obviously didn't happen); he didn't actually say it would be a TV series.

Hmmmm. I guess a one hour special might be it then. Makes sense.

Non-Tohka fans prepare to say "nope".

I may reconsider on seeing her being bullied by an adorable child Kurumi.

Oh, you think I'm going to say something about Kurumi as a child?

Well too bad.

>:D

Here's at least a Kurumi pic for your trouble.

Pokemon Origins 04

HOLY FUCK, THIS BATTLE IS LEGIT. THAT BLASTOISE TOOK THAT PUNCH LIKE A GODDAMN CHAMP

tumblr_mu3ly9KaDk1rtkghzo1_500.gif

Squirtle/Blastoise had the best moments.

Tokyo Ravens Episode 7

The friendship levels for Bakatora and Touji skyrocketed with that rooftop scene and Bakatora trying to cheer him up with his great smile there. It was memorable and probably captures my favorite part of his role. He consistently delivers that, and even in the action scene with concern and care for Touji too.

Otherwise for the things with plot, really actiony and intense with the Tokyo demon gates dilemma going on. It reminded me of another series for some reason but I just cant think of the name of it right now. Easily one of the best ability users so far in this whole arc though. He needs more screentime.

Pokemon Origins 04

Wtf? When Jolteon hit the wall the wall repaired itself. What's goin on here? Just an Indigo Plateau thing?

HOLY FUCK, THIS BATTLE IS LEGIT. THAT BLASTOISE TOOK THAT PUNCH LIKE A GODDAMN CHAMP

HAHA WHAT WIN USING A FIRE ATTACK V BLASTOISE? CRAZY SHIT

Wtf is going on with the pictures? Pokemon technology is weird.

Have to say, the orchestrated classic music is great. This 'threatening' theme in cello is great.

holy shit mewtwo am scary. LOL WAT Red just busts out an Articuno? lolololol dude you can't protect a Charizard like that bro

Oh man, I liike this wild mewtwo. I mean, the first movie's contemplative mewtwo was cool too, but this guy's like a wild animal and it's awesome.

Well, that was fun. Dude only took 35 hours, too. LOL mew just flying past the window. Goddamnit pokemon origins

I was a little dissapointed that they used the final for some Pokemon X/Y advertising.
Mega-evolution... bullshit!
I wanted my Master Ball troll ending.

Erigu

[Mushishi]
They also state a Deluxe Edition of the series (i guess they mean the anime) will come out in 5 volumes
They mean the manga, and while they only give the release dates for volumes 1 to 5, you can bet there will be more (probably 10 or 11, based on the contents of the first volumes).

Hmmmm. I wonder if a full TV series is still on the cards. Maybe this is just a precursor to it?
Would be nice. After all, the amount of remaining material would be just right for another 2 cours series.

Wow, that sounds like an interesting premise. Hopefully the material is good.

When I see that premise, the first thing I'm reminded of is 40 First Dates. Edit: Or was it 50? Whatever, I didn't actually watch it.

http://www.mushishi-anime.com/

Mushishi 1-hour TV special confirmed.

Jan 4 2014 on Tokyo MX at 23:30

Director: Hiroshi Nagahama
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Animation Production: Artland

My body is ready.

I doubt FUNimation will pick this up if available for licensing, due to the first TV series being on the S.A.V.E. line now, but hopefully this gets a North American release.

On a side note, how is the live-action Mushi-shi movie?

CorvoSol

More of the Haikyuu!! cast was revealed

Hosoya Yoshimasa as Azumane Asahi
Okamoto Nobuhiko as Nishinoya Yuu
Uchiyama Kouki as Tsukishima Kei
Saito Souma as Yamaguchi Tadashi

Most excited for Tsuki...if he can use Yoshinos voice from BLast of Tempest and if Nishinoya can sound like Murasama (Hakkenden).

Now we just need Takeda, Ukai, Kiyoko...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Coppelion Episode 8:

This episode could have just as well been named Ibara Naruse is awesome and the only useful member of the good guys. Also, yea, please to be keeping Aoi in that storeroom, this episode was so much better without her constant whining, being kidnapped and generally being useless and I too feel for the plight of No-Sense.

OceanBlue

Awesome! I'm interested in seeing how, or if, the pacing of the 1-hour special differs from the regular TV series.

Reminds me of that one awful Adam Sandler movie (and before anyone snarks at me: yes, I realize that qualifier is extremely redundant), 50 First Dates.

When I see that premise, the first thing I'm reminded of is 40 First Dates. Edit: Or was it 50? Whatever, I didn't actually watch it.
Lol, I hope they do more with the premise than that movie D:. The premise reminded me of Chihiro's story in ef, and that was everyone's favorite part of that anime. Does anyone know more about Ishuukan Friends?

Edit:
Kind of sounds like the premise of one of the love stories in the Ef A Tale Of series.

Lol yeah basically. It seems like it has the potential for a nice SOL story with a little bit of tension if they need it.

Awesome! I'm interested in seeing how, or if, the pacing of the 1-hour special differs from the regular TV series.

I wouldn't expect it to differ at all. Each episode of the TV series adapted one chapter of the manga; this is essentially 2 episodes and it'll be adapting 2 chapters of the manga. So it should be pretty much the same thing.

Lol, I hope they do more with the premise than that movie D:. The premise reminded me of Chihiro's story in ef, and that was everyone's favorite part of that anime. Does anyone know more about Ishuukan Friends?

It's a 4koma, so I'd expect it to be largely comedic in nature.

duckroll

Something Kanata - Episode 8

This week's episode wasn't half bad! Probably Stockholm Syndrome talking about, but the first half was kinda funny, and the second half was filled with effects and action. The pacing seemed faster than usual too. Anyway I'll let pictures do the talking.

Part A:

Part B:

OceanBlue

I wouldn't expect it to differ at all. Each episode of the TV series adapted one chapter of the manga; this is essentially 2 episodes and it'll be adapting 2 chapters of the manga. So it should be pretty much the same thing.

It's a 4koma, so I'd expect it to be largely comedic in nature.

Well, I can't complain about more of the same with Mushishi. As for Ishuukan Friends, that isn't exactly what I was hoping for. Ah well, it should still be better than 50 First Dates anyway. :p

Well, I can't complain about more of the same with Mushishi. As for Ishuukan Friends, that isn't exactly what I was hoping for. Ah well, it should still be better than 50 First Dates anyway. :p

If you are looking into something with the same premise as 50 First Dates, you could look into reading the amazing Seishun Forget!.

It's still somewhat comedic, but the dramatic parts are really good.

I was a little dissapointed that they used the final for some Pokemon X/Y advertising.
Mega-evolution... bullshit!
I wanted my Master Ball troll ending.

Even baffling when ep3 was about the new ball they were devellopping and then in ep 4 we get this .... trully the only dark point on this set of oavs

OceanBlue

If you are looking into something with the same premise as 50 First Dates, you could look into reading the amazing Seishun Forget!.

It's still somewhat comedic, but the dramatic parts are really good.

I'm not looking for something with the same premise of 50 First Dates because I liked it or thought the comedy was good, lol. I just thought the week-long amnesia premise could be nice for a light drama or for some iyashikei. I'll check out Seishun Forget anyway.

I'm not looking for something with the same premise of 50 First Dates because I liked it or thought the comedy was good, lol. I just thought the week-long amnesia premise could be nice for a light drama or for some iyashikei. I'll check out Seishun Forget anyway.

It was just my weak attempt to get more people to read Seishun Forget!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kyoukai no Kanata 8

Pretty good episode. First half had some decent humor, second half had some really nice looking fights. If that's all I can ask of this show, then I'm fine with that.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 6

RULES ARE RULES MOTHERFUCKERS!

Rules also doesn't make you friends. That's why we have criminals!

I like how someone who doesn't comprehend what being a class lib-brarian is the better one because she recommends interesting books
that being Hana

Kyoukai No Kanata 08

Holy shit. This was actually a good episode. Just when I was giving the show one more episode before I dropped it, it does this. Next episode looks interesting too.

If it means anything, I didn't skip AT ALL when watching the episode. That counts for a lot.

Coppelion 8
This show brings up an interesting question of whether artificially constructed beings should be recognized like humans and have the same rights and I like it for that. I can't say the sisters are completely wrong since its sort of evolution but living in harmony would produce the best results. Aoi being locked up is interesting as well as she isn't being stupid

Beyond the Boundary 8

Nice little set up episode I suppose. I think I have more fun with the show when they're just doing random shit as a group rather than trying to progress something resembling a plot. Clearly we need more singing and dancing. This show is sort of in a state where I think the only function of the plot is to give the characters an excuse to have cool fight scenes and less about trying to create something that I actually care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom