• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was this close to finally dropping KnK, and now it actually ends up halfway decent?

I should be happy about this, but I'm actually a bit miffed.

Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon 01-02
vEDBVFX.jpg

Yes she was mate. Yes she was

The show is still pretty confusing with the plot, but the entire cast is damn likable. The protagonist has won me over and he had almost no scenes in the first episode. A true charismatic pervert, I love this guy.

The show is still pretty confusing with the plot, but the entire cast is damn likable. The protagonist has won me over and he had almost no scenes in the first episode. A true charismatic pervert, I love this guy.

Too bad the second season sucked.

First season was pretty fun, though, helped along by a really good cast and a batshit crazy setting. I think it just went stale in the second season, honestly, since obviously that's all the same.

OceanBlue

You start catching up to the plot as the show goes on, but yeah the beginning is really confusing. It's really the setting. Once you manage to digest that, the rest of the show is pretty followable.

cajunator

Banned
It hasn't caused a universe ending paradox yet, so why not? :D

Why not indeed. Theres room for many kinds of fandom here.
Whatever puts money into studios and licensors pockets.

http://www.mushishi-anime.com/

Mushishi 1-hour TV special confirmed.

Jan 4 2014 on Tokyo MX at 23:30

Director: Hiroshi Nagahama
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Animation Production: Artland

Oh wow..

There's no sin in cuteness; surely fuwafuwa is a gift from God.

Indeed this is very true. Fuwafuwa is a universal kindness.

cajunator

Banned
Reminds me of that one awful Adam Sandler movie (and before anyone snarks at me: yes, I realize that qualifier is extremely redundant), 50 First Dates.

Yeah it does remind of that movie now that I think about it! That wasnt a bad movie either. It was cute.

Something Kanata - Episode 8

This week's episode wasn't half bad! Probably Stockholm Syndrome talking about, but the first half was kinda funny, and the second half was filled with effects and action. The pacing seemed faster than usual too. Anyway I'll let pictures do the talking.

Part A:

Part B:

:SDBurton strikes again
We're living in av yuri world now

Well I sent in a request for Wolf Children and Summer Wars. Which one will be here on Christmas will be a mystery!

Cant go wrong with either it seems.

After the third episode hits, it takes off pretty well and never lets up. The soundtrack is also one of animes best in years and one I still listen to today. Additionally all of the supporting character songs are fantastic must listen toos, if you can.

Anyway still has one of the most cool fights Ive seen in anime close to end, hope you continue.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 7

Our first "Requirement" episode. Or rather put, the first episode where they need to do something in particular in order to get buffed/do something important in the long run.

This episode makes me want to make a prediction.
They need to make 6 items that will give the Former Queen happy memories of her grandchildren. And those 6 grandchildren will have similarities with the main cast. One of those children either being Pop or Hana. Guessing this because Mary Anne was similar to Aiko.

Anyway, another theory to go with this is that it'll involve their "treasure" to amplify the effect of MEMORIES, as well as to give them their something.

Baba is quite the extortionist though. At least it's over Cola though.

Articalys

Kyokai no Kanata ep.8

I honestly forgot what's supposed to be going on with the plot right now, besides Mr. Smug-as-hell Glasses obviously not being a good guy.

cnet128

Banned
Blazblue: Alter Memory 7

Meh. I kind of enjoyed seeing this slightly different take on the Noel-Tsubaki confrontation, but this show's narrative still seems rather disjointed, what with Relius randomly popping in and out and stuff. I can't really comment on how comprehensible it is, since I'm so familiar with the events they're adapting and all the relevant background that I can't really keep track of what's being skipped over and stuff. But I suspect it must seem pretty nonsensical to franchise newcomers.

Perhaps more importantly, did I see armourless Lambda in the next episode preview?!

Now that my dog is mostly okay and I'm back in my own house, I can finally watch the thing I want to watch!

Kill la Kill 7

Show continues to impress. This is such an awesome take on the whole "rags to riches=family falls apart" trope since it built up toward a great fight while simultaneously getting rid of some 2 star scrubs.
2-star Mako was incredible too. Loved the banchou outfit.
Very Shimamoto to go alongside all the Go Nagai.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 8

MORE NOBUKO AND MIHO, and we start off with them wanting to know how
Hana-chan
tastes like. KIDS SHOW!

Well, unlike the rest of the episodes that falls under this category, there's no real drama, just straight up Humor time! I know the main group is concerned that
Hana-chan's
secret has been exposed, but I'm surprised they didn't bat an eye lid when one of the descriptors for the main character of the story was being an idiot.

Onpu: LETS WEAR CLOTHES THAT WON'T MAKE US STAND OUT! (second image here).

But more importantly, it was probably THIS EPISODE! THIS EPISODE THAT MADE THE SHIFT OF FANON! This probably explains why there's a shit-load of NobukoxMiho art, and probably explains why AikoxOnpu feels like a crack pairing!

CURSE YOU FANBASE

AwJXHV2.gif

cnet128

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata 8

Eh, most of this episode was just the usual uninteresting conversations, this time with an extra dose of cryptic confusingness. The whole thing with the titledrop-Youmu in particular just feels like it came out of nowhere and I can't really see how it ties into anything just yet. And I'm having a bit of trouble keeping track of all these random secondary characters I don't care about and what the hell they're all up to.

The bits of the episode with action were actually good, though, and this whole "calm period where Youmu are weakened" plot element is interesting enough. I guess I'm interested to see where things go next episode.

jediyoshi

Pocket Monsters: XY 3, 4

EWrA7Ug.png

1TsNvm8.png

Ah, here's where that filler I was expecting was. It's silly how formulaic these Ash building up a collection of Pokemon episodes still are. If it weren't for the Serena bumpers moving some kind of story along, I'd be outtie.

cajunator

Banned
Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 8

MORE NOBUKO AND MIHO, and we start off with them wanting to know how
Hana-chan
tastes like. KIDS SHOW!

Well, unlike the rest of the episodes that falls under this category, there's no real drama, just straight up Humor time! I know the main group is concerned that
Hana-chan's
secret has been exposed, but I'm surprised they didn't bat an eye lid when one of the descriptors for the main character of the story was being an idiot.

Onpu: LETS WEAR CLOTHES THAT WON'T MAKE US STAND OUT! (second image here).

But more importantly, it was probably THIS EPISODE! THIS EPISODE THAT MADE THE SHIFT OF FANON! This probably explains why there's a shit-load of NobukoxMiho art, and probably explains why AikoxOnpu feels like a crack pairing!

CURSE YOU FANBASE

AwJXHV2.gif

That gif will never not be creepy.

cnet128

Banned
NouCome 7

lol Seira you so troll. But hey,
MISSION COMPRETE!

The only problem with this episode was that it only contained one mental choice. One! And even that one seemed suspiciously like it was just thrown in there for the sake of giving the post-credits sequence something to work with. But we did get
amazing yandere imouto act
, so I'm not complaining.

Mr.Jeff

gais

gais halp.

I made the mistake of listening to the Sousei no Aquarion OP earlier today, and I think it may now be stuck in my head for ALL ETERNITY

what do i do

ichimannen to nisennen mae kara a-i-shi-te-ruuuuuuuuu

Well. you could end up listening to the questionable dance remix version.

And I'm a horrible person for liking the bad dance version of Komm, susser todd as opposed to the original.

Also, great news about Mushishi's new one episode! Hopefully it's a sign of things to come!

Now, how about some more Banner or Twelve Kingdoms....

Edit: Or Spice and Wolf S3 natch.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 9

And to follow my rant on fanon pairings, we have CANON PAIRINGS! Mainly Shiori being sick, Masaru visiting her, causing Hazuki to feel awkward. She always get the brunt of this stuff.

Well she has Momoko as a fall back plan if it fails. But ah...
This was was a bit closer to Naisho 12, but not as severe. Also little magic was used here, but I guess we're not fulfilling dreams to do so.

Masaru sure does have a song for Hazuki. God damn.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 9

And to follow my rant on fanon pairings, we have CANON PAIRINGS! Mainly Shiori being sick, Masaru visiting her, causing Hazuki to feel awkward. She always get the brunt of this stuff.

Well she has Momoko as a fall back plan if it fails. But ah...
This was was a bit closer to Naisho 12, but not as severe. Also little magic was used here, but I guess we're not fulfilling dreams to do so.

Masaru sure does have a song for Hazuki. God damn.

Well, I'm reading Doremi 16(rigth now, lol) and...man, so many spoilers(about pairings) I want to give but I'll be strong. I want someone to discuss with me. >___<

cajunator

Banned
Well. you could end up listening to the questionable dance remix version.

And I'm a horrible person for liking the bad dance version of Komm, susser todd as opposed to the original.

Also, great news about Mushishi's new one episode! Hopefully it's a sign of things to come!

Now, how about some more Banner or Twelve Kingdoms....

Edit: Or Spice and Wolf S3 natch.

More Kinos Journey please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom