• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Everyone should buy Wolf Children. There is no excuse.

In fact, if you don't buy it, I will hunt you down and force you to buy it. You don't want that.

wonzo

Banned
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 7

yozaquhananouta7.jpg

Great stuff as usual. I wonder how they're gonna handle things though considering the next major arc in the series was already adapted in the three OVA's. I guess they're just gonna move things around a bit and bring
the Lily arc forward which would make sense with the first two eps and the OP.

Well, either that or some kinda Kyousogigaesque recut TV version of the OVA's which I really doubt.

• AnimeGAF END

Well, I've only been around in this thread for about half a year but it feels like its gone by way too fast. I am really going to miss seeing everyone's impressions on all these shows that I otherwise never would have been exposed to.

I'm leaving for a 2 years as a missionary for my church, and won't have access to the internet in that time so it's the end of me on GAF and watching anime for a while.

I haven't seen THAT many shows this year, and I'm not entirely sure how the AOTY thing really goes but if I had to put in my vote for my favorite this year I'm going to have to go with Hataraku Maou-sama. I really enjoyed every episode as I watched it and was always excited for the next episode to come on.

I can't say I enjoyed the legendary School Days but I think watching that left the greatest impression on me so thanks for the recommendation. Ech. Now in terms of what I really enjoyed the most its a toss up between Gurren Lagann and Madoka Magica. I don't know if I'd be able to watch Madoka again, though.

Going to miss all the friends that I made in this thread. Thanks for wearing the Kamina glasses after all this time guys, making all those dumb edits to your avatars made me feel like I was part of something.

And thanks for laughing and crying with me watching so many amazing shows.

I think watching anime has been a social thing for me, since I can't really watch a show anymore without wanting to see how other people felt about the same show. It was really fun following the Spring, Summer and Fall 2013 seasons with GAF. Looking forward to being back for the Fall/Winter 2015 season in this thread!
AnimeGAF receives a score of
12 Sword Art Online |OT|s
Or
6/5 :cajuns

Farewell. Take care on your travels.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 7
Great stuff as usual. I wonder how they're gonna handle things though considering the next major arc in the series was already adapted in the three OVA's. I guess they're just gonna move things around a bit and bring
the Lily arc forward which would make sense with the first two eps and the OP.

Well, either that or some kinda Kyousogigaesque recut TV version of the OVA's which I really doubt.

They're apparently skipping Zakuro's arc, so I guess she'll just be there with no explanation.

duckroll

They just released the Yozakura OADs on a single blu-ray earlier this year. I'm sure they expect that fans would have seen it already.

DiGiKerot

"DoReMi" is the dub. The original show has no such styling.

Hey, there's totally, err, one illustration in that Umakoshi book we were taking about that has it capitalised that way! :p

However, point taken - I shall watch my rendering of Doremi more cautiously in future, lest I subject myself to something I'd rather not.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 1

Pretty good first episode. The first half was weird and - between the goofy comedy, somber moments, and whatever was going on with that girl and that room - felt a bit tonally dissonant, but the second half pulled it together. Nagisa's dad was the best and I laughed at a lot of his exchanges.

IT BEGINS AGAIN

Akio is the best character in the show. He will prove this again and again and again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Farewell peaceiscloser.

Although I suspect he'll come back in two years time and view us as damned sinners that are so deep in the rabbit hole that no quantity of salvation is enough to save our souls. ;)

Farewell peaceiscloser.

Although I suspect he'll come back in two years time and view us as damned sinners that are so deep in the rabbit hole that no quantity of salvation is enough to save our souls. ;)

2 years from now we'll be busy lamenting how far Infinite Stratos season 4 fallen from its glory days and will be wistful for the days when KyoAni was putting out classics like Kyoukai no Kanata.

CorvoSol

Farewell peaceiscloser.

Eh, I've been there and back, and I've embraced the bunny hole.

duckroll

Yozakura Quartet - Hoshi no Umi

Couldn't wait until next week, so I decided to watch the OAD again to see if it's as bad as I remember. I recall a really confusing and nonsensical show with shit just happening randomly with superb animation. Well, whelp, I guess I was wrong. Since the OAD was clearly intended for manga fans, it's not surprising they made something which was totally inaccessible to those unfamiliar with the setting and characters, but after 7 episodes of the TV series, this works reaaaaaaaaaally well. It's funny, it's dramatic, knowing what the town is, who the characters are, and how all their powers work really help with the enjoyment of the storyline.

The animation is really superb, but even the direction is way better than I remembered. It's amazing what difference knowing the context makes. Yeah, I don't think they're going to ignore or retcon this arc at all. It works perfectly, and it should fit between ep8 and ep9 really well. It almost feels as if they made the OAD sort of expecting that in future if they got to remake the show from scratch, it wouldn't be inconsistent at all. Impressive.

I'm so happy I was wrong about Yozakura. It's great to have something fun and exciting which I wasn't expecting at all.

sonicmj1

• AnimeGAF END

Safe travels.

Wherever you're going, spending a significant amount of time abroad is always an amazing experience. Seeing other cultures teaches you a lot about yourself and where you're from that you'd never really understand otherwise. Keep an open mind and be sure to try new things.

I look forward to hearing about it when you return.

Nordicus

also episode 7 totally did not help me with my ShinoXTsuda shipping
I support TokixTaka, with Shino as the mistress.

Yeah, 0% chance of happening, but I can't help it. I imagine her acting affectionate in front of a man and instantly go HNNNNG

Spoilers for anyone not keeping up with the LN.

But the Blu-ray Limited Edition vol.9 cover of Date a Live was revealed.

Tohka fans prepare to say "awwwww!".

Cover
Non-Tohka fans prepare to say "nope".

I may reconsider on seeing her being bullied by an adorable child Kurumi.

AnimeGAF END
Good luck with your training arc. I'm expecting to see some high level holy magic when you return.

Bombless

Does anyone know French? Google Translate is kinda bad.

1 hour special episode on the 4th of January based on 2 special manga chapters published in the january (out 25 november) and february (out 25 december) editions of Gekkan Afternoon.

They also state a Deluxe Edition of the series (i guess they mean the anime) will come out in 5 volumes : first 2 tomorrow 21st of November, 3rd on 20th of December, 4th on 23rd of January, 5th on the 21st of February.

cajunator

Banned

duckroll

To elaborate, it'll be an hour long special airing January 4 adapting the two extra manga chapters that are being published in Afternoon this month and next month. I'll take it!

1 hour special episode on the 4th of January based on 2 special manga chapters published in the january (out 25 november) and february (out 25 december) editions of Gekkan Afternoon.

They also state a Deluxe Edition of the series (i guess they mean the anime) will come out in 5 volumes : first 2 tomorrow 21st of November, 3rd on 20th of December, 4th on 23rd of January, 5th on the 21st of February.

Hmmmm. I wonder if a full TV series is still on the cards. Maybe this is just a precursor to it?

Jintor

Pokemon Origins 04

Wtf? When Jolteon hit the wall the wall repaired itself. What's goin on here? Just an Indigo Plateau thing?

HOLY FUCK, THIS BATTLE IS LEGIT. THAT BLASTOISE TOOK THAT PUNCH LIKE A GODDAMN CHAMP

HAHA WHAT WIN USING A FIRE ATTACK V BLASTOISE? CRAZY SHIT

Wtf is going on with the pictures? Pokemon technology is weird.

Have to say, the orchestrated classic music is great. This 'threatening' theme in cello is great.

holy shit mewtwo am scary. LOL WAT Red just busts out an Articuno? lolololol dude you can't protect a Charizard like that bro

Oh man, I liike this wild mewtwo. I mean, the first movie's contemplative mewtwo was cool too, but this guy's like a wild animal and it's awesome.

Well, that was fun. Dude only took 35 hours, too. LOL mew just flying past the window. Goddamnit pokemon origins

Theonik

When you give up your posting privilages.

Maybe we need an "Old Anime |OT| Veterans of the One Year War" where it's only old shows at least 10 years or older and everyone can relax and discuss anime at a slow pace while sipping whiskey and cosplaying Gundam UC characters.
Well there is always this thread that already exists.

Remember when people were wondering how they were going to be able to search for Free! on the internet?
The power of KyoAni.
And so KyoAni's motives are finally exposed.

Half and half, of course, same as everywhere else.
But what would half-and-half entail is the question here.

Yes, we're expecting a new series though, since it was hinted at by the director last year.

I think what Nagahama said was just that he was working on a secret project which was hinted to be a continuation of Mushishi (or Detroit Metal City, which obviously didn't happen); he didn't actually say it would be a TV series.

Pokemon Origins 04

Wtf? When Jolteon hit the wall the wall repaired itself. What's goin on here? Just an Indigo Plateau thing?

HOLY FUCK, THIS BATTLE IS LEGIT. THAT BLASTOISE TOOK THAT PUNCH LIKE A GODDAMN CHAMP

HAHA WHAT WIN USING A FIRE ATTACK V BLASTOISE? CRAZY SHIT

Wtf is going on with the pictures? Pokemon technology is weird.

Have to say, the orchestrated classic music is great. This 'threatening' theme in cello is great.

holy shit mewtwo am scary. LOL WAT Red just busts out an Articuno? lolololol dude you can't protect a Charizard like that bro

Oh man, I liike this wild mewtwo. I mean, the first movie's contemplative mewtwo was cool too, but this guy's like a wild animal and it's awesome.

Well, that was fun. Dude only took 35 hours, too. LOL mew just flying past the window. Goddamnit pokemon origins
i like that aside how they handled the last fight , they trully nailed what the first gen of pokemon is about.
Give me a 12 ep show on the second gen Just like that and it'll be AOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom