• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget this part of the third key visual:

9U8ZlEH.jpg

Lol! Oh god it might happen. The animation isn't good enough to support this madness!

Edit: speaking of the art. In 7 Masayoshi's helmet gets cut up and then in the shot directly after it looks pristine. Attention to detail at Manglobe.

Hunter x hunter - 105 - metal gear solid adition

Yet again another gem of great episode !

The king trying scare tactics only for it to backfire because of his pride was yet again a magnificent moment .
Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%20105.jpg

Excellent infiltration
Loving the fact that not eerything is trully favorable.. the brief explanation of why door guy has to do what he does was well placed , and it even served as a pre requisite for the next set of events , well done.

Can't wait to see next week

Branduil

What you mean? I'm not seeing negative impressions here :)

Also your the one who praised galilei donna and look how that turned out.:mad:

They're in too deep to avoid Stockholm Syndrome now.

The first ep. of GD is fine. I didn't watch more because everyone said it turned to crap afterwards.

The first episode of Galilei Donna is mediocre, with poor characterization, awkward writing, mood whiplash, and a lack of excitement even in the action moments. It's got polished art and animation, but that's about all that can be said for it.

The first episode of Galilei Donna is mediocre, with poor characterization, awkward writing, mood whiplash, and a lack of excitement even in the action moments. It's got polished art and animation, but that's about all that can be said for it.

It's still the best episode of the show though.

Although, I'm not sure how much of the stuff was hinted in PVs since I usually don't watch those, but it certainly wasn't what I expected based on the little blurb about it.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 8

Hype hype hype hype hype hype all the hype.

Mako was amazing in this episode but saying that seems redundant since she is amazing in every episode. Cool flashbacks were cool as usual. Gamagoori is quite the bro, even if he is some kind of
sadomasochistic pervert
. And that was a fabulous car.
Emphasis on past tense.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Samurai Flamenco - 7

What the fuck did I just watch?

Branduil

And yet it's still better than the first episode of SF.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Samurai Flamenco 7

star-trek-black-guy-freak-out.gif

I think this show takes over Sword Art Online and Valvrave in the "this is the dumbest shit ever" category O_O
Um, I have a... selection of titles that would demonstrate that otherwise. Whatever you're thinking is the bottom, there's worse.

Samurai Flamenco

iRsWx2FlxIYpb.png

If I'm going to watch it, I might as well own it. Eight quid's worth of 720p* mp4s are coming down my intertubes as we speak. Say what you want about Wakanim's website, you can't deny that offering legal download to own anime is a pretty damn nice USP.

*before anyone asks, 1080p versions are available, but you have to pick between the two. Oh, and you have a week to download the stuff, and no redownloads after that. Which sucks, but hey: DRM free legal downloads.

cajunator

Banned
The usage frequency that the term "Stockholm Syndrome" sees around here is a bit alarming.

Thats animegafs mantra.

Samurai Flamenco

iRsWx2FlxIYpb.png

If I'm going to watch it, I might as well own it. Eight quid's worth of 720p* mp4s are coming down my intertubes as we speak. Say what you want about Wakanim's website, you can't deny that offering legal download to own anime is a pretty damn nice USP.

*before anyone asks, 1080p versions are available, but you have to pick between the two. Oh, and you have a week to download the stuff, and no redownloads after that. Which sucks, but hey: DRM free legal downloads.

Ive never heard of this service before.

kyoukai no kanata - 07

barely average episode saved by some pretty good moments.
Overall i'd say that it was enjoyable but the sheer pay off of this mess is disapointing.
Enrolling in the school and then vengeance ? why not enroll in the school and then seek youmu stones ?

Kyoukai%20no%20Kanata%20-%2007.jpg

FUYUKAI DESU !

I hope next episode will put more info on the bad guy because i'm bored

Coppelion Episode 8 - Sisters-
tumblr_mwlmksXXu51qbzdxyo5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mwlmksXXu51qbzdxyo1_250.gif
tumblr_mwlmksXXu51qbzdxyo6_r1_250.gif

Well the episode could have certainly been worst but providing excellent songs and some more backstory on Haruto (they make all the time hes on screen so visually impressive) kept my interest. The anime isnt something Id buy on disc when viz releases but is still a delight to watch on hulu these Wednesdays.

hoping that they wont be killed off simply because clones are expected to have shorter lifetimes than their originals

Gazoinks

To be fair it really did feel like it took a while for Samurai Flamenco to hit its stride.

Honestly, it's been really up and down for me:
-Ep 1: Meh
-Ep 2: Good
-Ep 3: Alright
-Ep 4: Meh
-Ep 5: Alright
-Ep 6: Pretty good (also hilariously goofy)
-Ep 7: r9w yr98hse89 rhwe rbi

Articalys

Coppelion Episode 8 - Sisters-

[images]

Well the episode could have certainly been worst but providing excellent songs and some more backstory on Haruto (they make all the time hes on screen so visually impressive) kept my interest. The anime isnt something Id buy on disc when viz releases but is still a delight to watch on hulu these Wednesdays.

hoping that they wont be killed off simply because clones are expected to have shorter lifetimes than their originals
Okay, this time around I'll be the one to ask if that's how the show actually looks or if those filters were added to the gifs.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon season 1

I don't think there's any words to describe this anime besides: a blast. From start to finish I was thoroughly entertained and I loved basically every character from the student council. Horizon ended up being the dandere lead I've been hoping for in anime.

I wish there were more romantic stories where the main was dandere/kuudere. Only one I can think of is that one that came out a season or two ago. Called hentai or something. With the cats.

Crocodile

Um, I have a... selection of titles that would demonstrate that otherwise. Whatever you're thinking is the bottom, there's worse.

I don't mean it's "literally" the dumbest show I've ever seen. Multiple shows are in "this is the dumbest shit ever" tier with VVV and SAO being amongst them. I'm just saying the recent episode of SF was SO DUMB, SO RANDOM it catapulted over those two shows. Thinking about it though, VVV 10 was pretty cancerous so it still might be top dog amongst these three shows.

Disclaimer: I've only seen through SAO Ep. 15 - I hear that show gets worse

Branduil

For somebody with such an outspoken perspective on anime, you sure are willing to concede to the opinion of others here.

Life's too short to spend watching newtaminA. I'll trust my impression of the first episode and that everyone describing the current state of the show isn't lying.

CorvoSol

Kill la Kill 8

Okay, no, seriously. If they're not deliberately referencing Utena at this point, then this stuff is just plain freaking me out. I mean THAT CAR. That was as much Elvis as Akio, but then the car chase scene from the End of Utena? Come ooooooooon.

Also caught the PSG reference with
Gamagoori's Corset Uniform.

Are you all hyped for next week? I AM.

Gazoinks

Kill la Kill 8

Okay, no, seriously. If they're not deliberately referencing Utena at this point, then this stuff is just plain freaking me out. I mean THAT CAR. That was as much Elvis as Akio, but then the car chase scene from the End of Utena? Come ooooooooon.

Also caught the PSG reference with
Gamagoori's Corset Uniform.

Are you all hyped for next week? I AM.

I hope Stupid Sexy Sensei gets to drive Gamagoori's car at some point. Then the circle will be complete.

CorvoSol

I hope Stupid Sexy Sensei gets to drive Gamagoori's car at some point. Then the circle will be complete.

Honestly, between Utena, Gurren Lagann, and PSG, if an Inferno Cop reference arises, the entire show might collapse in on itself, to form a perfect storm of something truly crazy.

Necrovex

So I finally watched the two Madoka Magica films. A city near me is broadcasting the third Madoka Magica film on December 6th, so I wanted to refresh my memory of this wondrous series. The films were superb, and it only increase the speed of the hype-train for Rebellion.

I know this film came out in Japan a month or two ago, how was it received? Does it live up to the former two films?

Branduil

So I finally watched the two Madoka Magica films. A city near me is broadcasting the third Madoka Magica film on December 6th, so I wanted to refresh my memory of this wondrous series. The films were superb, and it only increase the speed of the hype-train for Rebellion.

I know this film came out in Japan a month or two ago, how was it received? Does it live up to the former two films?

Yuyushiki 10

Ha, ha, that popping voice gag at the beginning was gold. This whole episode was really good after a couple relatively lackluster episodes. Some neat visual flair in the layouts and dream stylization, and an appealing variety to the conversations. Also struck the right balance between insinuation and straightforward charm which the show doesn't always achieve.

Syrinx

School Rumble 3

Poor Harima. I feel for the guy. Tenma is just too dumb to receive his feelings. Keep at it, tiger. You'll get her someday. And rock that peacock look from now on.

But goddamn, what the hell does she see in this Karasuma guy? Didn't even give much of a fuck when she saved him from bank robbers by accident. Though that whole sequence before was great and showed really how dumb she is. She wasn't firing any love letters at him. She was just trying to kill the fucker. I think she forgot that important part.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Life's too short to spend watching newtaminA. I'll trust my impression of the first episode and that everyone describing the current state of the show isn't lying.
Both pieces of advice would have prevented me from watching BRS, among other shows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom