• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samurai Flamenco 7

Holy fucking tone shift!

I REALLY hope this insanity is real and not some hallucination/act by the producer dude using his wealth. That would make this the craziest genre shift of all time. Totally welcome after how boring the show has been at points.

Fullmetal Alchemist 19 2003 Dub

The 5th laboratory feels like an episode of Phi Brain or season zero YGO, poor Ed for once his shortness ended up working out for him and he's still upset. Still upset about what they did to Barry the Chopper in this series :(

Seems like all parties are heading towards the 5th lab, hopefully we'll start getting some answers soon as to what's going on.

Uchouten Kazoku 11-13

Great conclusion which brought together the main themes of the series and the contrasting societies of humans, tengu, and tanuki into one grand statement: What is fun is good!

I'll be remembering this one for a long time.

Defuser

Samurai Flamenco ep 7

OUaW4AK.jpg
Flat 2D bottles :wonzo

Anyway, gawddamn!!! What a shift in genre. Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Yeah, would the people in charge of the Tokyo Tower allow such things to happen atop of it?

You can do tha with cg , that's hardly a problem ...wait you're making me think about it again !!

my head ...it hurts ...

------------------------
Arpeggion of blue steel - 07

Very intresting episode.
Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2007.jpg

Ships relationshps are always so complicated !
Takao is a maiden : confirmed

I don't know what is lewder , heaver cruisers delusions or fast battleship delusions ?

Anyway it was nice to see iona annoyed once in a while.

Ep 7 and the leader of the fog mental models is making her first on sea appearance ... Can't wait for ep 8.

Gazoinks

Golden Time 08

I legitimately groaned when the exposition ghost showed up again. BLARGH. He's not even giving exposition, he's just stating the obvious now.
Oh he liked Linda but now he lost his memory and likes Koko
. THANK YOU I WAS NOT AWARE. GO AWAAAAAY.

Oh god Banri is turning into Koko. This is more disturbing than The Flowers of Evil.
Probably the best moment of the episode, though. Mitsuo is finally getting development!

As usual with this show, I like it more when it's focusing more on the character interactions and light comedy. Didn't feel the Oka/Mitsuo drama in this episode. The ending conversation was good.

Can I have a show about 2D-kun's adventures as eternal second banana? I'd like that.

Linda still best.

Samurai Flamenco 7

Well that was powerful, no better time than now was I glad for the ed mineral miracle muse song to cheer me up, because...wow. Also obligatory best Masayoshi image.
scene with him and Goto there going over the backstory and Goto trying to get him back on track was really made me appreciate Goto's presence even more
BZpPN9fIgAA1PQ8.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist 20 2003 Dub

Al just got talk no jutsu'd by Barry The Chopper, idiot -.-

The final scene was really powerful though, watching Ed admit the slicer was
human because if he wasn't his brother wasn't human
while Al beings to
question if he is real or not
. Easily the best scene in the series thus far. Ed's fight with the slicer was also pretty great, him learning Scar's
deconstruction technique on the fly was awesome

Samurai Flamenco 7

I actually enjoyed what the show was before this, but I suppose this sort of insanity could be entertaining in its own way. I'll have to wait to see if it's the right kind of dumb insanity, I could easily see this going badly.

Log horizon - 07

This episode was pretty clever in his way to adapt the book, they added some scenes and probably removed some other to put them in the next ..I like that because it will make the next 2 episodes flow much better as a result . i predicted that this arc would end with ep 8 , but considering the pace they have , it will probably end in ep 9 .. that's great because it would probably mean extra time for a nice scene later . They even profited of this episode added time to introduced stuff on the back groudn for the next arc ... Great work !
Log%20Horizon%20-%2007.jpg

You bet you would, after all.Both are naturally scary after all.
Overall i'm satisfied by this episode , by the whole setup , even knowing how it would end in advance...i guess that's the testament on how great the adaptation is

Fullmetal Alchemist 21 2003 Dub

Wowowowowow

So the series has truly gone in another direction and did they do it with a bang. The return of
Shou as a human/chimera and him attempting to revive his daughter were feels I didn't need
. Also so much
material needed to make the fake philosopher's stones, the fight here could get crazy
. Scar's brother was completely crazy compared to the original series and it kind of helps to explain why Scar is similar and yet different in this version as well.

Fullmetal Alchemist 21 2003 Dub

Wowowowowow

So the series has truly gone in another direction and did they do it with a bang. The return of
Shou as a human/chimera and him attempting to revive his daughter were feels I didn't need
. Also so much
material needed to make the fake philosopher's stones, the fight here could get crazy
. Scar's brother was completely crazy compared to the original series and it kind of helps to explain why Scar is similar and yet different in this version as well.

You've started to reach the different stuff. I mean obviously one realizes that the show is different once you see all the different homunculi. Make sure to finish and watch Conquerors of Shambala or however you spell it. That's a direct continuation.

You've started to reach the different stuff. I mean obviously one realizes that the show is different once you see all the different homunculi. Make sure to finish and watch Conquerors of Shambala or however you spell it. That's a direct continuation.

The reason I'm marathoning the series now is because Toonami is going to be airing the film next month as part of their month of movies in December. So you'll be able to see my live reactions to the finale line in the Toonami GAF thread. Toonami is also airing Akira (never seen), Summer Wars (never seen), and Trigun Badland Rumbles (have seen film and series).

Ohooo~ should I be watching this?

i won't lie , she is the only character like that in the show .
There is another relationship that is only based onf friendship , and the rest is classical girl toward boy relationship.

i personnaly like it , but that's only because i like the characters and the ship battles.

The reason I'm marathoning the series now is because Toonami is going to be airing the film next month as part of their month of movies in December. So you'll be able to see my live reactions to the finale line in the Toonami GAF thread. Toonami is also airing Akira (never seen), Summer Wars (never seen), and Trigun Badland Rumbles (have seen film and series).

You're in for a treat with Akira and Summer Wars. Both fantastic films.

Marvelous

Vacuum cleaner?

I think the other madness in that episode is who over there lost Sumi's model. Her art was looking all over the place.

Won't surprise me if they try that. :3
And yeah, it was kinda all over the place. Haha.

Really can't wait to see what happens next week.

Gazoinks

Clannad 3
IyrM6EVl.jpg

Have I mentioned that Nagisa's dad is the best?

So far the least enjoyable bits of the episodes for me are Sunohara. I don't find him particularly likable or particularly funny. He's just kind of there. And then he gets beat up.

So Nagisa is sickly. Is she going to die. She's going to die isn't she.

Anyway similarly enjoyable episode to the last two. Some nice moments with Tomoya and Nagisa especially. Also no segment with Weird Girl in Weird Room this time.

Clannad 3

So far the least enjoyable bits of the episodes for me are Sunohara. I don't find him particularly likable or particularly funny. He's just kind of there. And then he gets beat up.

So Nagisa is sickly. Is she going to die. She's going to die isn't she.

Anyway similarly enjoyable episode to the last two. Some nice moments with Yomoya and Nagisa especially. Also no segment with Weird Girl in Weird Room this time.

I liked him because he's voiced by the same guy who does Shinpachi in Gintama. And Gintama being one of my favorites...

Either ways he stops being solely the guy who screams and gets beat up later on. He actually talks and shit.

Gazoinks

I liked him because he's voiced by the same guy who does Shinpachi in Gintama. And Gintama being one of my favorites...

Either ways he stops being solely the guy who screams and gets beat up later on. He actually talks and shit.

I want to watch Gintama sometime because I've heard only good things, but its length intimidates me. D:

Whaat. Talking is for nerds. Real men just scream and flex.

I want to watch Gintama sometime because I've heard only good things, but its length intimidates me. D:

Whaat. Talking is for nerds. Real men just scream and flex.

Do what I did. The length was intimidating, but it has the upside that 90% of the anime is comedy. And some of the best in anime at that.

What I did is that I didn't have it as my main anime I was watching. Whenever I had lunch or dinner I'd watch an episode of Gintama. Before I knew it I had finished the anime within 2-3 months. And now I'm sad because I'll never get to experience it for the first time.

Honestly I can't recommend it enough, more than anything I've recommended in here (since most of the stuff I recommend is obvious stuff everybody loves).

If not for the comedy, watch it because it has what is easily one of the best gigantic cast of characters. It's hard to choose a favorite, besides the main three, because they're all so great.
2fKdmIo.gif

SEbmrsx.gif

Gazoinks

Do what I did. The length was intimidating, but it has the upside that 90% of the anime is comedy. And some of the best in anime at that.

What I did is that I didn't have it as my main anime I was watching. Whenever I had lunch or dinner I'd watch an episode of Gintama. Before I knew it I had finished the anime within 2-3 months. And now I'm sad because I'll never get to experience it for the first time.

Honestly I can't recommend it enough, more than anything I've recommended in here (since most of the stuff I recommend is obvious stuff everybody loves).

If not for the comedy, watch it because it has what is easily one of the best gigantic cast of characters. It's hard to choose a favorite, besides the main three, because they're all so great.
2fKdmIo.gif

Hm, yeah, that's a good idea. Thanks for the idea, I think I'll do that.

Pooya

Valvrave - 19

for the first time L-Elf looked like a human that could possibly die, nooo

when/if L-Elf dies, I'll drop this show :(

that better happen in the last episode then...

Still in the 70s here. feels bad

Shame since the show only gets more hilarious.

In fact after all this talk of Gintama I think I might rewatch it with my buddies. I don't think they've ever seen a comedy anime so I'll test the waters see if they like it. If not, I'm making new friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom