• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
School Rumble 3

Poor Harima. I feel for the guy. Tenma is just too dumb to receive his feelings. Keep at it, tiger. You'll get her someday. And rock that peacock look from now on.

But goddamn, what the hell does she see in this Karasuma guy? Didn't even give much of a fuck when she saved him from bank robbers by accident. Though that whole sequence before was great and showed really how dumb she is. She wasn't firing any love letters at him. She was just trying to kill the fucker. I think she forgot that important part.

School Rumble is fucking hilarious! XD

jman2050

I know this film came out in Japan a month or two ago, how was it received? Does it live up to the former two films?

For what it's worth it's on its way to being the most successful late-night anime film since what, Eva 1? Outside of that I hear there are polarizing reactions on this side of the pond, not sure if it's the same in Japan. Still (successfully) avoiding spoilers though somehow...

Fuyukai desu - 08

Bad guy is doing something bad guy - like and it works , mostly ... animation was superb and FOR ONCE things like plot, premise , forshadowing are properly used . i honnestly think that this is the best Knk episode yet.

Even if the setting still has plenty of holes

Kyoukai%20no%20Kanata%20-%2008.jpg

Well i can think of plenty of things ...

Necrovex

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Urobutcher doesn't always write gold. This being an example.

My heart. TO PIECES.

I cannot comprehend what you are saying.

Don't you see? This is all his plan to crush everyone's hopes! It's the most Urobutcher move possible! It's all very meta.

The man who hates life has decided to make all feel the same grief?...Too meta.

For what it's worth it's on its way to being the most successful late-night anime film since what, Eva 1? Outside of that I hear there are polarizing reactions on this side of the pond, not sure if it's the same in Japan. Still (successfully) avoiding spoilers though somehow...

I saw on the Wiki article the third film was submitted to the Academy Award as one of 19 to have a shot at winning best animated feature. So, I am still hopeful!

I'll see on the sixth if I am crying after the film.

cajunator

Banned
Honestly, it's been really up and down for me:
-Ep 1: Meh
-Ep 2: Good
-Ep 3: Alright
-Ep 4: Meh
-Ep 5: Alright
-Ep 6: Pretty good (also hilariously goofy)
-Ep 7: r9w yr98hse89 rhwe rbi

so basically it just achieved list status.

French service, launched in the UK last month, currently streaming Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco, and offering MP3 downloads of the latter for about £1.35/episode.

Thats pretty neat service.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Life's too short to spend watching newtaminA. I'll trust my impression of the first episode and that everyone describing the current state of the show isn't lying.
I thought the first episode of Flamenco was lousy but enjoyed most of the show after that. Given that it is largely set up I'm not sure the intro is fully representative of what the series is like, but it sounds like you're finding solace already in not watching it.

Sequence01_zpsc1261f06.gif

Golden Time 8

What a strong opening to the episode. Love the facial reactions that were done by Linda and the accompanying music. Last week's ep wasn't well directed when compared to the manga counterpart but I thought this week's was back to form. Like all the other eps before 7, I enjoyed the anime version a lot more. This week's didn't end on a cliff-hanger, really, but the preview makes you wonder what happens next.

4ya15_zpsbbcacccf.gif

cajunator

Banned

Golden Time 8

What a strong opening to the episode. Love the facial reactions that were done by Linda and the accompanying music. Last week's ep wasn't well directed when compared to the manga counterpart but I thought this week's was back to form. Like all the other eps before 7, I enjoyed the anime version a lot more. This week's didn't end on a cliff-hanger, really, but the preview makes you wonder what happens next.

linda looks pretty devastated right there. Could get interesting.

Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea) Episode 8
tumblr_mwmp8uqVUU1sn5jpho2_500.gif

Best episode yet all around, good scenes for everyone,
well Kaname seems like he needs to be paired with someone, maybe a new character can come along, since in the end he may end up with no one :(
and just good comedy and slight drama. Impressed with Miuna all around and really helped to make Hikari be like this seasons best onii-chan figure.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BRS at least had action sequences from the beginning. And it got crazy really fast.
Ep 1 did not grab me. It was crazy, but not enjoyably so.

To generalize this:

1) First episodes aren't always indicative of the rest of the show. See Gungrave, Berserk, etc.

2) The prevailing wisdom regarding a show may not apply to you. Many people here were calling BRS a waste of time, and you yourself were the lone voice of dissent for a long time.

Branduil

Ep 1 did not grab me. It was crazy, but not enjoyably so.

To generalize this:

1) First episodes aren't always indicative of the rest of the show. See Gungrave, Berserk, etc.

2) The prevailing wisdom regarding a show may not apply to you.

It can but I see no reason to think that will be the case here and I have no real motivation to find out when there are many actual good shows on my backlog.

Bakemonogatari second season - 20

I knew ... i knew not because i've been spoiled but because i'm up to date ( almost ) with the books .. so i knew ... yet this episode damn this episode was really well done.
Damn.

Monogatari%20Series_%20Second%20Season%20-%2020.jpg

The missing parts ? Lol you'll see them in another season !!!

You guys are still missing 2 key pieces of evidences , 2 stories to get the full picture ( how araragi became a vampire , and the gaen thing with kanbaru ) , but since Nisio love trolling his fanbase , i guess we'll do SOMETHING ELSE and go back to the snake story next week .. It's not even shaft fault ....

What can i say ? Gaen was all thing considered quite fair considering everyone else introduced so far .. i already want my third season of monogatari !!

Damn you Nisio , to think this is like the least painfull moment , all things considered... damn.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
KLK 8

I am really not going to be able to make heads or tails of what this show is trying to be until it's all over, am I? For all that's happening it's impossible to intuit any of what the grand design is, especially since it feels too early to be doing what it's doing. This impending confrontation doesn't really feel earned yet.

Regardless, I still kind of liked the episode, in no small part because Ira is the one character that I'm especially partial to. I don't know that the whole car aspect necessarily complemented his character, but Ira being Ira in any capacity makes for a better episode. Ryuko also gets what amounts to her first real characterization, which is progress. Let's hope for more that isn't largely flashback-driven.

Bakemonogatari second season - 20

I knew ... i knew not because i've been spoiled but because i'm up to date ( almost ) with the books .. so i knew ... yet this episode damn this episode was really well done.
Damn.

You guys are still missing 2 key pieces of evidences , 2 stories to get the full picture ( how araragi became a vampire , and the gaen thing with kanbaru ) , but since Nisio love trolling his fanbase , i guess we'll do SOMETHING ELSE and go back to the snake story next week .. It's not even shaft fault ....

What can i say ? Gaen was all thing considered quite fair considering everyone else introduced so far .. i already want my third season of monogatari !!

Damn you Nisio , to think this is like the least painfull moment , all things considered... damn.
All I want is Kanbaru aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
SamFlam 7

F4C1E2P.gif

This! times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000^999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

JCG

You guys almost make me want to watch Samurai Flamenco, but I'd rather wait and see how things turn out in the long term.

Valvrave - 19

Not very surprising, to be honest, yet still entertaining enough. I suppose the exposition clears stuff up with some crazy ideas that are (as usual) oddly fitting for this show. Good action, L-Elf did what was expected of him, and the entire escape sequence was half cool, half funny. Reminds me of certain episodes of Geass in that sense (which is nice). I did feel a little bit sad, admittedly, but I'm more interested in wondering what they're going to do next. I guess the new ED (I preferred the last one) teases a bunch of things but Sunrise/Okouchi likes to troll, so...who knows?!

All I want is Kanbaru aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well ...
season 3 ?

----------------------

Doki Doki Porecure - 40

A new toy has appeared !

Buy our new toy , even if it's the same thing as before

Omg the new attack is super effective !

Next episode is ...in space ???? WTF

I know this film came out in Japan a month or two ago, how was it received? Does it live up to the former two films?

Read the spoilers. Just read them. The film will hurt a lot less if you just read the spoilers.

I'm not going to say anything except for the fact that that movie is
the biggest middle finger that Gen gave to the entire fan base.

I'm fluctuating through the five stages of grief with this movie. Heh, funny considering what franchise I'm talking about. Ah well, being meguca is suffering blah blah blah.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Golden Time 8

4ya15_zpsbbcacccf.gif

Man, I feel like I understand all the people who hate shoujo now. That ending was so aggravating.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Edit: Nevermind I don't want to talk about this dumb crap any more. You guys win. SF is the best show ever made by gods on earth.
What did I just say? You could not throw a fit, state "I don't know, I haven't seen much of it", and leave it at that.

Fullmetal Alchemist 18 2003 Dub

Considering how emotional and freak out Ed has been in this series so far, I thought his realization that the Philosopher's stone
was created from mass killings of humans
would get more of a reaction then that. It's still a great twist though. Scar's battle with Lust and Gluttony was pretty awesome, and gave us the first hint that the Homonculi are
the reincarnation of people who were thought dead
. I already know the twist from reading about differences between the two series awhile back but I still think it's clever and look forward to seeing what they do with it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill La Kill 8

Nice to see some backstory for the villains of the series. Gamagori isn't such a bad guy when he isn't crushing lazy students.

Next few episodes is gonna be interesting though. I wonder if it's going to turn into a boss rush or if something is going to interrupt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom