• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched like 3 or 4 episodes of Gintama, thought it was alright but not hilarious or anything, but someone never continued. Maybe I'll watch more tonight.

I watched like 3 or 4 episodes of Gintama, thought it was alright but not hilarious or anything, but someone never continued. Maybe I'll watch more tonight.

The first 20~ episodes sort of meander in quality. If I had to say when it gets and stays great, it's when Wakamoto first appears in 28.

Do what I did. The length was intimidating, but it has the upside that 90% of the anime is comedy. And some of the best in anime at that.

What I did is that I didn't have it as my main anime I was watching. Whenever I had lunch or dinner I'd watch an episode of Gintama. Before I knew it I had finished the anime within 2-3 months. And now I'm sad because I'll never get to experience it for the first time.

Honestly I can't recommend it enough, more than anything I've recommended in here (since most of the stuff I recommend is obvious stuff everybody loves).

If not for the comedy, watch it because it has what is easily one of the best gigantic cast of characters. It's hard to choose a favorite, besides the main three, because they're all so great.
2fKdmIo.gif

SEbmrsx.gif

gintama is legit good in term of comedy and action ..i watched it in 4 parts

1-13 ( for me the worst part of the franchise )
14-102 ( good , then great after ep 24 )
103-202 ( awesome )
203-262 ( a mix of awesome & great )

The best advice when someone is watching gintama is to not be stopped by the first 13 episodes , they are not bad but they do not show the gintama "brillance"

Anyway , gintama is full of good things

Yeah I should definitely mention that Gintama doesn't get good for about as much as the others above have mentioned since they're introducing characters still. Madao is one of the characters that took a while to become a regular, and then he became one of the most popular ones.

XwB5uly.gif

And that's a shame since for most people, a 20-30 episode anime is a standard so to hear that they have to watch a whole season of, compared to the brilliance of the rest of the stuff, "meh" material it's a bit daunting.

But one has to think that in the big scope, that's less than 1/10th of the show.

Gazoinks

Yozakura 03

Car accident. Thought this show got really dark for a second, but nope.

Best episode so far. Nice character interactions, it was nice to see plenty of development on Akina and Kyousuke, and we learned some interesting tidbits about the world
and Hime

Evil cat guy is Ao's brother? Waz he up ta.

What does "All quartets will lead to the lalalala lalalala" mean anyway.

Digimon Xros Wars 01

SYrbA9vl.jpg

Well time to start a new show and once again, it's a show I started back before and stopped for reasons.

Hey, it's the Digimon season that no one likes, yes even less liked than Frontier! Well so far it's starting ok. We get introduced to the main character, his hyper-ness and his two new traveling buddies, which at this point are basically the girl and his 'rival'
which I know doesn't actually evolve any past that

The Digimon world is pretty interesting at least. It's pretty much full on war now which is pretty different from past seasons where they'll just be one big bad or a team of team terrorizing stuff, not full on armies. No real opinion on the ally Digimon at this point and I guess I shouldn't hate them cause I'm going to get stuck with them anyway.

I also look forward to the Leomon death of the season as well, wwwwwwww.

fertygo

Season 2 are the best season of 4:3 Gintama (eps 52-103 IIRC)
Its still awesome after that, and peaked again when changed format to 16:9 (2011 and afterward)

Its just started slow, but when its find the groove its very damn entertaininhg

Roubjon

Samurai Flamenco 07

Holy fucking shit at that ending.
I was enjoying the show a lot before, but it just got a billion times better if this really just happened. It's like they delivered the nice messages they wanted to and then decided to say fuck everything time for decapitations and giant gorillas with blade stomachs .

Articalys

At this point we should just find a way to convert the quickly-abandoned Galilei Donna OT thread into a Samurai Flamenco OT thread.

jgminto

Samurai Flamenco 7

I think Samumenco out-valvraved valvrave this week

I'm going to guess that the gorillatine/Death 13 part was either a dream, a set up by that manager guy or a drug hallucination. I would kind of enjoy the show doing something like that because it would be so insane. But I liked the slow, light hearted, slice of life comedy that it had been so far.

Gazoinks

Gintama 01

Despite the supposed slow start of this series, I found this a pretty enjoyable first episode (or first half of a double length). It kind of buckled under the weight of introducing an enormous amount of characters, but there were some good funny moments and the main trio were immediately likable. I also like the weird sci-fi/past/modern world.

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 7

Well I guess that all happened. I struggle to find any rational explanation to explain what's going on but it's certainly going to be, uh, interesting to see where they go from here.

lonely

As someone who recently started Gintama, when selling it to my friends episode 25 is the one I use as an example of why its so good. Only at 30 alm but from the sounds of it there is still a lot of good things left to come.

duckroll

Life's too short to spend watching newtaminA. I'll trust my impression of the first episode and that everyone describing the current state of the show isn't lying.

Sounds more like you're just a new Unknown Soldier really. You want to pretend to have an opinion of something, but you don't care to actually commit. When impressions don't line up with your expectations you try to argue with people without context, and when they do you double down on "SEE I WAS RIGHT!" without knowing what the heck you're talking about. Impressively disappointing for a long time poster in this community.

duckroll

I can leave if that's what you want. No point sticking around as a mod pincushion.

Or you can stop being melodramatic because no one here is sympathetic to that. "Mod pincushion"? That's a nice one, considering how you've chastised every week now by a bunch of people every time you decide to chip on on Samurai Flamenco without watching it just to try to have a word. If you really want, I can quote every post to show how annoyed everyone is with your cheap comments. If you want to comment on something, at least bother to have something to contribute, otherwise it's just trolling.

If you want to leave, go ahead, just leave instead of trying to drum up drama. If you stay, at least learn to take criticism from friends and become a better poster.

Branduil

Or you can stop being melodramatic because no one here is sympathetic to that. "Mod pincushion"? That's a nice one, considering how you've chastised every week now by a bunch of people every time you decide to chip on on Samurai Flamenco without watching it just to try to have a word. If you really want, I can quote every post to show how annoyed everyone is with your cheap comments. If you want to comment on something, at least bother to have something to contribute, otherwise it's just trolling.

If you want to leave, go ahead, just leave instead of trying to drum up drama. If you stay, at least learn to take criticism from friends and become a better poster.

I'll gladly take criticism from friends, please kindly point me to one.

Articalys

I don't even know if I should buy Aria the Animation at the sale price, since I don't have a guarantee of being able to get the other parts of the series on sale as well...

Pooya

some shows are better when "watched on Wikipedia blogs" #galileidonna :b

knk - 8

I don't know what's happening, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. It looked like everyone is fighting and stuff exploding, also some funny scenes, humor is actually good now. Sakura suddenly turned into knk's version of Kanna (Tamako Market) , character development and all that...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't even know if I should buy Aria the Animation at the sale price, since I don't have a guarantee of being able to get the other parts of the series on sale as well...
Of all of Rightstuf's sets, Aria is the most "Value-added" in terms of features. And they seem to be doing slimpacks for the entire series, so the others should come down in price eventually, if not put on sale at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom