• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digimon Xros Wars 16

cIoBFi4l.jpg

It's pretty bad where I don't care about the main team and instead am much more interested in seeing the other generals bothering them, cause really the main cast is soooooo dull right now.

But, also NEW KOJI WADA SONG!

Probably my favorite Monogatari arcs since the first season, really good so far.

Now to fly to Japan to pitch a Lupin-esque Kaiki spin off.

jman2050

Blame Naughty Dog for this one.

I'm sure whatever nonsense they started this time can't be any worse than tag-teaming with Activision and Apple to ruin an entire generation of games and possibly another, on their part specifically with solid if unremarkable corridor shooters anchored by B-tier cinematics that make Crystal Skull look competently written and directed.

Sorry, what was I saying again?

I'm sure whatever nonsense they started this time can't be any worse than tag-teaming with Activision and Apple to ruin an entire generation of games and possibly another, on their part specifically with solid if unremarkable corridor shooters anchored by B-tier cinematics that make Crystal Skull look competently written and directed.

Sorry, what was I saying again?

I think Novid took possession of you for a few minutes,

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Monogatari Series Second Season Episode 23
first, didnt think we would get a new opening, loved it, but idk if its implying that
senjugahara and kaiki will end up lovers which is something I feel is a possibility since this season seems to be about how nisio takes every girl away from araragi
anyways loved it.

Monogatari Series Second Season Episode 23
first, didnt think we would get a new opening, loved it, but idk if its implying that
senjugahara and kaiki will end up lovers which is something I feel is a possibility since this season seems to be about how nisio takes every girl away from araragi
anyways loved it.

The series would be much better if Araragi was sent to prison for pedophilia and Kaiki took over as the permanent main character,

Oh shit Steins;Gate movie blu-ray should be coming soon.
gonna need to tell my gf that it can't wait until Christmas, she really wanted to see it also so maybe it won't be that hard to talk her into it..

Thoraxes

DaL OVA

Why so much shittygami?

Wait, I don't know if I still hate her. That rage may have subsided.

Oh my god the subservience.

Hagi

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta 05

Oh now this show is getting good. I mean, it was already pretty good, but now it's getting good. Some nice action, with promise of more good stuff on the horizon, and some pretty nice character development. Given that it'd been fairly light so far, it handled the shift to a more serious tone with smoothness and aplomb. Y'know, like Samurai Flamenco didn't. :p

I hope we see Kotoha do a real fight. Her power is the coolest.

This is where shit starts getting real, i love this series. If you want some Kotoha action make sure to watch the OVA after episode 8. She gets to show off her power set really well.

sonicmj1

Steins;Gate 11

They make sending memories back in time sound remarkably easy.

You know, I'm kind of shocked that, "We fit human memories into 36 bytes by compressing them with a black hole," didn't set off huge bullshit detectors in my mind while I was watching Steins;Gate, but I guess I didn't really care how the mad science machine worked.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know, I'm kind of shocked that, "We fit human memories into 36 bytes by compressing them with a black hole," didn't set off huge bullshit detectors in my mind while I was watching Steins;Gate, but I guess I didn't really care how the mad science machine worked.
Sounds as bad as Crichton's Timeline.

The science adventure series is full of wacky pseudoscience. At least there aren't any Di Swords in Steins;Gate.

Jex

[Monogatari-whatever ]- 23

Kaiki is the best. New OP is awesome. Shaft actually delivering the goods with this arc form a visual and direction standpoint.

Monogatari: Second Season 7
this just got very interesting all of a sudden.

Edit: Not even finished with ep8 but dear god that was the best scene of the series lol

duckroll

Remember that joke about how everything used to air on Thursday? Looks like someone heard the complaint and decided to do something about it. Next season, everything airs on Sunday! If you live in Tokyo, between Tokyo MX and TV Tokyo, there will be four and a half hours of non-stop anime starting from 10pm, comprising of TEN shows in total. Loooooool.

Here's what it looks like:

22:00 - Nobunagun (Tokyo MX)
22:27 - Falcom Gakuen (Tokyo MX)
22:30 - Witchcraft Works (Tokyo MX)
23:00 - Space Dandy (Tokyo MX)
23:30 - Noragami (Tokyo MX)
24:00 - Buddy Complex (Tokyo MX)
24:30 - Wizard Barristers (Tokyo MX)
25:05 - Nobunaga the Fool (TV Tokyo)
25:35 - Saki National Tournament Arc (TV Tokyo)
26:05 - Tonari no Seki-kun (TV Tokyo)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
[Monogatari-whatever ]- 23
Shaft actually delivering the goods with this arc form a visual and direction standpoint.
kaiki is evidently very good at deceiving all sorts of people. i haven't watched this week yet but scrubbing through yields an alarming number of repeated flat wide shots that exist only because they don't have to be animated.

kaiki is evidently very good at deceiving all sorts of people. i haven't watched this week yet but scrubbing through yields an alarming number of repeated flat wide shots that exist only because they don't have to be animated.

Shaft benefits from low expectations here.

Pooya

So, which are the potentially good shows next season other than Space Dandy? I've no idea this time. There is a whole lot when I looked briefly earlier, nothing really stood out.

so far looks like backlog season.

wonzo

Banned
Remember that joke about how everything used to air on Thursday? Looks like someone heard the complaint and decided to do something about it. Next season, everything airs on Sunday! If you live in Tokyo, between Tokyo MX and TV Tokyo, there will be four and a half hours of non-stop anime starting from 10pm, comprising of TEN shows in total. Loooooool.

Here's what it looks like:

22:00 - Nobunagun (Tokyo MX)
22:27 - Falcom Gakuen (Tokyo MX)
22:30 - Witchcraft Works (Tokyo MX)
23:00 - Space Dandy (Tokyo MX)

23:30 - Noragami (Tokyo MX)
24:00 - Buddy Complex (Tokyo MX)
24:30 - Wizard Barristers (Tokyo MX)
25:05 - Nobunaga the Fool (TV Tokyo)
25:35 - Saki National Tournament Arc (TV Tokyo)
26:05 - Tonari no Seki-kun (TV Tokyo)
madness

I understand that
the characters themselves are starting to shed off their initial viewpoint of just being a game world but for me as a viewer I'm keeping all the elements in check. Just because the character believes something doesn't necessarily mean I have to believe it.

To put it simply, given how the 'world' works and what has been established, they are ultimately in a game/virtual reality world. Unless the main question/drama/mystery of the show is determining if the 'world' they are in is virtual, reality, or something else. Where to that, as a viewer, I'm still viewing it as a game world and how the characters are coping with it, which include establishing a working economy, civil rules, etc.
The character themselves are selling us ( the viewer ) something , but you're having doubts as if you're in front of unreliable narators ? Ok That's a nice way to enjoy anime.
I 200% agree with you.

Digimon Xros Wars 16

cIoBFi4l.jpg

It's pretty bad where I don't care about the main team and instead am much more interested in seeing the other generals bothering them, cause really the main cast is soooooo dull right now.

But, also NEW KOJI WADA SONG!
Best girl appeared..no contest here.
Also the antagonist in Xros wars were really great. so no you're alright

That's because you can fit anything in a black hole... it's just that nobody thought that it would be more usefull than winrar or 7Zip

duckroll

So, which are the potentially good shows next season other than Space Dandy? I've no idea this time. There is a whole lot when I looked briefly earlier, nothing really stood out.

so far looks like backlog season.

Here are the ones I'm probably watching at least an episode of. Not sure if it'll help you, but maybe!

Nobunagun - I don't have much faith in the studio, but they could surprise me. The manga it's based on is totally crazy and if there's good action it'll be tons of fun.

Witchcraft Works - Dunno anything about it, but at this point I'm willing to watch anything Mizushima (Blood-C TV, Girls und Panzer) directs just to give it a chance.

Space Dandy - A dandy in the space.

Noragami - BONES love compels me to give this a shot even though the manga seems awful. Might have good action too.

Hozuki no Reitetsu - Some supernatural comedy thing with Japanese mythology themes from the director of My Little Monster. Might be interesting.

World Conquest - I wanna see how much worse A-1's productions can get. Plus, Okamura is a cool director. I just hope it's not too awful with the fanservice. :(

Wizard Barristers - Insane action, insane effects, insane premise. Everything Umetsu failed to deliver with Galidonna might in fact be in this show!

Nobunaga the Fool - In Kawamori we trust.

Silver Spoon S2 - It's Silver Spoon.

Pooya

thank you for the write up, somehow completely forgot about The Fool >.< I'll definitely check it out.

and yeah I think I'll watch at least one episode of Witchcraft Works and Hozuki no Reitetsu too. Wait and see for the rest, I'd have probably tried Wizard Barristers too if GD wounds weren't still fresh :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom