• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yowapeda 8

Maybe my head is hurting because I'm losing oxygen from watching people bike, Onoda is still rather unrefined, and definitely rides more like a standard hero who uses the power of wills against more experienced racers, but he's doing well!

steins;gate movie

fun cute movie... but uh... what was the point? :/
Showcase the bonds between the lab members , put CRIIIIISSSTINA in the spotlight ?

Yeah i know pointless but it was kinda fun for a movie.

Season 4 (which sold 10k+ I think?) was Winter 2012, and there's apparently an OVA in a month and a half.
An OAV ? i didn't know. Can't wait now.

For "people pulled into an alternate world" scenario...Twelve Kingdoms, definitely.
Twelve kingdom is a 10/10 show. Great soundtrack too.

I don't think I've heard a positive thing said about that show, ever.

Anime is a very rushed job , has no real conclusion ..the character don't have much time to shine and the dual dimension plot is underused.
Arata ...is like if you try to make a soufle (or a cake ) but don't let the thing in the oven long enough.
Edible but you'd rather eat the finished product.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Anyone know of any similar shows/manga to Log Horizon(a group in an alternate world, etc. doesn't exactly have to be a fantasy type setting) besides ./hack , SAO, Accel, etc.

Kinda in the mood for more like that and I don't have any other shows at the moment.

Edit: heck even just some good fantasy setting anime .

In all honesty, the .Hack series has a lock on this genre it seems though you can find elements of it elsewhere.

If you want good general fantasy, here are some of my all-time highs:
  • Juuni Kokuki (The Twelve Kingdoms) - Real/Alt, Fantasy, Groups
  • Seirei no Moribito (Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit) - Fantasy, Groups
  • Erin (Kemono no Souja Erin) - Fantasy
  • Lodoss-tou Senki (Record of Lodoss War) series - Fantasy, Groups
  • Druaga no Tou (The Tower of Druaga) series - Fantasy, Groups
  • Saiunkoku Monogatari (The Story of Saiunkoku) series - Fantasy, Groups

Perhaps a bit more contemporary fantasy but based on virtual/alternate worlds:
  • Serial Experiments Lain - Real/Vrt
  • Dennou Coil - Real/Alt, Groups
  • Ghost Hound - Real/Alt, Groups
  • Time of Eve - Real/Vrt
  • Real Drive - Real/Vrt

For "people pulled into an alternate world" scenario...Twelve Kingdoms, definitely.

It sits #1 on my all-time favorite anime. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Quasar

Anime is a very rushed job , has no real conclusion ..the character don't have much time to shine and the dual dimension plot is underused.
Arata ...is like if you try to make a soufle (or a cake ) but don't let the thing in the oven long enough.
Edible but you'd rather eat the finished product.

I really would have liked more of the story. And I guess we aren't getting any S2.

Twelve Kingdoms is very good, definitely watch it. Just don't expect any kind of decent ending... but still, it's great.

I don't think I've heard a positive thing said about that show, ever.

The original manga is by the same person as Ayashi no Ceres and, more relevantly, Fushigi Yuugi. I haven't watched or read enough of Arata Kangatari to say much for sure about it, but I doubt it's as bad, or annoying, as Fushigi Yuugi is! Yeah, it's also got way too much pointless tragedy, but at least the main character isn't a complete idiot like Miaka (of Fushigi Yuugi) is.

So yeah, Arata Kangatari turned out just about as I expected, given that I've watched half (26 episodes) of Fushigi Yuugi and all of Ayashi no Ceres.

In all honesty, the .Hack series has a lock on this genre it seems though you can find elements of it elsewhere.

If you want good general fantasy, here are some of my all-time highs:
  • Juuni Kokuki (The Twelve Kingdoms) - Real/Alt, Fantasy, Groups
  • Seirei no Moribito (Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit) - Fantasy, Groups
  • Erin (Kemono no Souja Erin) - Fantasy
  • Lodoss-tou Senki (Record of Lodoss War) series - Fantasy, Groups
  • Druaga no Tou (The Tower of Druaga) series - Fantasy, Groups
  • Saiunkoku Monogatari (The Story of Saiunkoku) series - Fantasy, Groups

• Time of Eve - Real/Vrt
  • Real Drive - Real/Vrt

It sits #1 on my all-time favorite anime. I cannot say enough good things about it.
Thank you,

Yowapeda 9

Dat peak

O8xM14Y.gif

The original manga is by the same person as Ayashi no Ceres and, more relevantly, Fushigi Yuugi. I haven't watched or read enough of Arata Kangatari to say much for sure about it, but I doubt it's as bad, or annoying, as Fushigi Yuugi is! Yeah, it's also got way too much pointless tragedy, but at least the main character isn't a complete idiot like Miaka (of Fushigi Yuugi) is.

So yeah, Arata Kangatari turned out just about as I expected, given that I've watched half (26 episodes) of Fushigi Yuugi and all of Ayashi no Ceres.

Lol if you haven't watched the last part of the first season of fushigi yugi you don't know how stupid the heroine was.
I'll argue that the first part was quite decent compared to the last part ...

Arata in arata kangatari did a lot of things badly but in the end was a pretty normal character ..in fact i'd even argue that the main hero is quite acceptable , His rival however is the GIANT MORON OF THE YEAR ..but i'll stop here because i've written a giant paragraph in the Anime Thread when it was airing.
Arata kangatari has a story that is accceptable , problem is that it was flowing too fast in the anime . you have barely time to register an event that 12 minutes later you're somewhere else , things that in other animes would be 2 or 3 episodes arc get solved in 1 episode.
Too much was happening too fast for me to enjoy the other characters and enjoying the characters and the world is a requirement for a fantasy anime ( otherwise why go fantasy ? )
The other plot in the other world ( our world ) never get resolved too , not even some fake thing or a cliffanger ...it just disappear and isn't heard ever again.

In short Arata kangatari should have been 24 eps. That way everyone would have enjoyed it , not just DTL.

Gingitsune

No its over :(

Thoroughly enjoyed this series. Saeki is so adorable and the rest of the cast were great too. Such a pleasant SOL series. I didnt think I would like it so much but along with NagiAsu and KLK, I looked forward to new episodes each week.

I guess I'll finish the rest of Non Non Byori to get my fix.

Gingitsune - 12
IN the end i can't really talk about this anime except how good it was despite his simplistic yet accurate story despite the light fantasy.

It's a 5/5 anime , some low moments with satoru , but in the end it all worked out .

In term of characters we had some pretty diverse ones , and a complex web of feeligns between them
I'd love to see a S2 , but i fear that an anime like that wouldn't do great in sales. I'd love to be proved wrong.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Is anyone else wasting their hard earned Christmas vacation on anime, manga (and perhaps games) as I am? I've abandoned all adult responsibilities (sorry to those with kids and healthy relationships... I'll put in your share too <3) and it feels great. I've been shamefully indulding myself in manga and catching up on some anime (though I still have plans to replay ES4: Oblivion because its time).

Is anyone else wasting their hard earned Christmas vacation on anime, manga (and perhaps games) as I am? I've abandoned all adult responsibilities (sorry to those with kids and healthy relationships... I'll put in your share too <3) and it feels great. I've been shamefully indulding myself in manga and catching up on some anime (though I still have plans to replay ES4: Oblivion because its time).

I finally got a chance to start playing Pokemon Y and that + anime is all I've been doing this weekend. Feels nice to just turn your brain off to the daily grind and responsibilities for a little while.

LayLa

• Time of Eve - Real/Vrt
  • Real Drive - Real/Vrt

love the first four on this list, have never heard of the fifth, Real Drive. can you (or anyone else!) say a bit more about it?

cajunator

Banned
I did find Inaba pretty adorable, especially in the late episodes.

Shame the rest of the novels never got covered in a second season.

she is absolutely perfect.

steins;gate movie

fun cute movie... but uh... what was the point? :/

More Steins Gate of course.

Anyone know of any similar shows/manga to Log Horizon(a group in an alternate world, etc. doesn't exactly have to be a fantasy type setting) besides ./hack , SAO, Accel, etc.

Kinda in the mood for more like that and I don't have any other shows at the moment.

Edit: heck even just some good fantasy setting anime .

THOSE WHO HUNT ELVES!

Izumi discovered that Beyond the Boundary was inside Akihito, so she called Mirai as her power was the only thing that could defeat Beyond. She gets close to Akihito and try to kill him many times, but since he is invincible it doesn't work. Days pass and Mirai starts to like Akihito. Meanwhile Miroku (the guy in the glasses) wants to get Byeond for whatever reason, and does that in name of the Society of Spirit Warriors even tough he doesn't belong there. He gives that weapon that absorbs yomu to Sakura, Mirai's old friend. That way she made the weapon stronger for him. Stuff happen and then The Calm comes, and then Izumi thinks of a plan to kill Beyond, but that would kill Akihito. Mirai doesn't want to kill him so they come with an alternative. Izumi traps Akihito in a "ice prison" iirc that weakens his human half, so the yomu part takes over, and since it's in the Calm, Beyond is weakened so it can be killed. Since that would kill Akihito, Mirai instead absorbs Beyond in her, making she disappear form the world and go inside Beyond. Akihito is a human again and Mirai blood ends up inside him, so he dreams of her in his coma. Miroku got his weapon back and uses that crazy mechanism in his car to make Beyond absorb the yomus that are on Earth making it more powerful. Akihito absorbs part of Beyond that was in the stone (that was created when Mirai got Beyond) and jump over inside Beyond while Izumi and friends try to stop Miroku, but he have an yomu inside him (and Izumi as well) so that's why he so strong and probably have to do with why he wants Beyond. Their battle end, Hiroomi takes Izumi's place as the head of Nase family since she disappeared at the end of the fight. Meanwhile in Beyond Akihito and Mirai fight Beyond, but Akihito ends up absorbing it back into his body. Since Mirai was inside Beyond, she disappears. Life goes on, when suddenly Mirai appear for no fucking reason. The end.

Thanks for this man. Cleared up a lot for me. Still plenty of unanswered questions, wonder if they'll bother with a second season.

Didn't the glasses dude take the remains of the Hollow Shadow? What did that have to do with BTB?

Meganebu! Episode 12 (end)
tumblr_my8j22RbnI1r9u4bjo1_500.png
tumblr_my8j22RbnI1r9u4bjo2_500.png

Best ending episode this season so far, the feelings were so happy all around that I even teared up from joy. It was like everything built up to this huge moment in the cultural fest
and such a development it was that even people were litrally transformed. Faceless background characters got bodies and faces and all, they were actually real!!! And then the teamwork, such strong teamwork from all to get this balloon in flight. It was great

I thought the more small but still shocking reveal
the brother that was blind was an interesting reveal and one I didnt immediately notice at first until looking back. Glad he could lend a hand too (and it was kind of cute seeing him and AKira walking into the sunset holding hands, such good brotherly love, I wonder what happened previously since he could see in the past

Good hugs and such with all the pairs and great music and comedy at times. I hope they let the creative visionary and mastermind behind this do another tv series, and we need the ost.
We are Meganebu! All you need is M E G A N E!

Yowapeda 11

Johnny Bepp is so renown, that he has his own brand of soda in this universe (or Aikatsu actually takes place in the same universe!)

Finally caught up with this show!

george_us

Redline

Just watched this today. This movie has quite possibly has the most batshit insane and awesome climax I've ever seen in...pretty much anything. My one teeny-tiny complaint about is that
you never get to see the epic conclusion between Funky Boy and the mutated Commander dude.
Other than that I loved it. Loved the art style, the soundtrack, the amazing fight scenes, the crazy characters, and even the relatively simple story. Hell even the sappy ending made me go "Awwwwww".

Logo_Hunter_x_Hunter.svg

Episodes 41 – 51

Shit’s getting real in this arc!

So Kurapika hasn’t made contact with the rest of the cast for a while and has been off doing his own thing. And by doing his own thing I mean slaughtering the Phantom Troupe. Seriously, dat fight. I actually rewatched that episode. That fight’s definitely one of my favourites in any anime now. It was just so well done. That last part where Kurapika was beating down on him and all he could say was “Kill me” He knew he was down, and no villain ever wants to admit defeat in front of the enemies they deemed inferior. I could feel the bitter resentment that came from him when he told Kurapika to die right before his death.

Such a well done fight.

I like what was done with this Melody character. Her design makes you think she’ll be your average everyday low-tier troll grunt, but actually she’s nice, thoughtful, and she even has a decent backstory. Seriously, I’d expect her personality to be found in a typical moe girl character. They did a great job with her.

Chrollo_2011.png

This guy's face creeped me out at first in the opening.

Man, the Phantom Troupe is just badass. I like how pissed off Gon gets at one of them for mourning one of their comrades while they can kill a bunch of innocent people without feeling anything at all. This show does a good job with the whole “Honor amongst thieves” thing. They’re a bunch of evil bastards, but they’re a family of evil bastards. Of course that’s kinda questionable, since it was stated that someone who defeats a member can replace them (Hell that Pink-haired girl said something about consideration for Kurapika as a potential replacement).

But with this freaking massacre that Chrollo’s going on about (and how the whole thing is a melody for him, going by the prophecy of Nostrade’s daughter), it really seems that he cares about them.

Or maybe I’m overthinking this. Maybe it’s just the whole “EH U SCREWED US UP NOW WE’RE GONNA SCREW U UP!” (In fact that’s essentially what it is), but all in all, this sense of comradery that the villains have feels very genuine, which I enjoy.

I love how the Mozart piece continued playing in place of the ending. Basically letting everyone know that shit has gotten real at this point. As if that wasn’t apparent enough.

Logo_Hunter_x_Hunter.svg

Episodes 41 – 51

Shit’s getting real in this arc!

So Kurapika hasn’t made contact with the rest of the cast for a while and has been off doing his own thing. And by doing his own thing I mean slaughtering the Phantom Troupe. Seriously, dat fight. I actually rewatched that episode. That fight’s definitely one of my favourites in any anime now. It was just so well done. That last part where Kurapika was beating down on him and all he could say was “Kill me” He knew he was down, and no villain ever wants to admit defeat in front of the enemies they deemed inferior. I could feel the bitter resentment that came from him when he told Kurapika to die right before his death.

Such a well done fight.

I like what was done with this Melody character. Her design makes you think she’ll be your average everyday low-tier troll grunt, but actually she’s nice, thoughtful, and she even has a decent backstory. Seriously, I’d expect her personality to be found in a typical moe girl character. They did a great job with her.

Man, the Phantom Troupe is just badass. I like how pissed off Gon gets at one of them for mourning one of their comrades while they can kill a bunch of innocent people without feeling anything at all. This show does a good job with the whole “Honor amongst thieves” thing. They’re a bunch of evil bastards, but they’re a family of evil bastards. Of course that’s kinda questionable, since it was stated that someone who defeats a member can replace them (Hell that Pink-haired girl said something about consideration for Kurapika as a potential replacement).

But with this freaking massacre that Chrollo’s going on about (and how the whole thing is a melody for him, going by the prophecy of Nostrade’s daughter), it really seems that he cares about them.

Or maybe I’m overthinking this. Maybe it’s just the whole “EH U SCREWED US UP NOW WE’RE GONNA SCREW U UP!” (In fact that’s essentially what it is), but all in all, this sense of comradery that the villains have feels very genuine, which I enjoy.

I love how the Mozart piece continued playing in place of the ending. Basically letting everyone know that shit has gotten real at this point. As if that wasn’t apparent enough.

The Phantom Troupe are definitely among the more compelling villain groups I've experienced. They do such despicable things, yet their portrayal is sometimes sympathetic.

After the arc (or now if you want since it doesn't spoil anything), you should read the recent special Kurapika manga chapters Togashi released for the movie. You'll find out just how fucked up the Kurta massacre was. It's probably among the most disgusting things shounen jump villains have ever done, and that includes back when they would tolerate all around fucked up shit like Violence Jack.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That was my impression as well. It never managed to justify itself as anything more than a forced sequel to a story that had been completely finished and tied off.

I haven't watched the movie yet but the OVA tied (most) of the story up pretty nicely.

Last Exile Fam 1-2

Not a bad series so far. I don't find Fam as irritating as some people seem to. Music is pretty good too, though not quite as good as the soundtrack to the original series.

Lol if you haven't watched the last part of the first season of fushigi yugi you don't know how stupid the heroine was.
Do you mean "if I haven't watched the second season"? Because as I said I did finish the first half of the show... I dropped it at the halfway point, just after
Tamahome's (that was his name, I think) family, all of those younger siblings he cared so much for, were all murdered by the enemy nation just to make him mad, or something like that.
That was enough, I was done. Dealing with Miaka's unbelievable idiocy was one thing, but that plus pointless tragedies? No thanks. I like fantasy, but not that.

Seriously though, I know that anime MCs are often stupid, but she should be considered for inclusion on the list of the most annoyingly stupid ones...

I'll argue that the first part was quite decent compared to the last part ...
From what little I know about the second half, from story summaries and the like, that sure sounds accurate.
I mean, I know that some of the guys in the harem get killed off... pleasant. And I'm sure there's more.

Arata in arata kangatari did a lot of things badly but in the end was a pretty normal character ..in fact i'd even argue that the main hero is quite acceptable , His rival however is the GIANT MORON OF THE YEAR ..but i'll stop here because i've written a giant paragraph in the Anime Thread when it was airing.
On that note, Miaka's friend who ended up in the enemy country was pretty dumb too... though she had better reasons for it, with how
the evil leader of that nation was conning her.

Arata kangatari has a story that is accceptable , problem is that it was flowing too fast in the anime . you have barely time to register an event that 12 minutes later you're somewhere else , things that in other animes would be 2 or 3 episodes arc get solved in 1 episode.
Too much was happening too fast for me to enjoy the other characters and enjoying the characters and the world is a requirement for a fantasy anime ( otherwise why go fantasy ? )
The other plot in the other world ( our world ) never get resolved too , not even some fake thing or a cliffanger ...it just disappear and isn't heard ever again.

In short Arata kangatari should have been 24 eps. That way everyone would have enjoyed it , not just DTL.
It sounds like the curse of modern short anime seasons struck again. Frustrating. :(

Last Exile Fam 1-2

Not a bad series so far. I don't find Fam as irritating as some people seem to. Music is pretty good too, though not quite as good as the soundtrack to the original series.
You may think that now, but it'll get bad soon enough. Such an incredibly disappointing followup to such a great anime... :( But no, Fam herself isn't really the problem. She's kind of annoying, but at least it's not another harem setting like the first series was. It's the main plot, and the villains, that are the problem.

You may think that now, but it'll get bad soon enough. Such an incredibly disappointing followup to such a great anime... :( But no, Fam herself isn't really the problem. She's kind of annoying, but at least it's not another harem setting like the first series was. It's the main plot, and the villains, that are the problem.

Bring it.

I think it helps that I'm not expecting anything near the brilliance that was the original series. I just want to see pretty animation.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 1-2

Decided to watch this because I have been hearing good things about it.
Wow, the art is really nice. It reminds me a bit of 90s anime. I am kinda iffy on the CG beams, ships, and explosions though.

On the character's end though, it's kinda obvious who is going to fall in love with who, and who is going to die. Looking forward to what happens next, though.

Valvrave - 23

Still really want Shoko to die, so Haruto can stop sucking. First half dragged bit, but the second half was better. If the next episode is suppose to be the last, I don't really know how they are going to explain the rest of the loose ends in the show.

Kuroko no Basket 2 12

EYOTPIZl.jpg

So much equal opportunity fanservice, it was amazing.

This upcoming training looks pretty interesting and really looking forward to finally seeing the last Generation of Miracle member.

Gingitsune End

Unless this gets a second season, it'll be quickly forgotten imho. Don't get me wrong it was very enjoyable and extremely lax, perfect lunch/dinner anime. But there was very little in the issue department and drama was lacking. Usually when there's no drama or action you'd at least have comedy to balance out the relaxation, but there was very little.

7/10

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aikatsu! 62

you know, I've seen plastic shit shows peddle a lot of different stuff in my day, but I don't think that I've ever encountered one with the audacity to sell actual show-branded food products. This episode exists solely to promote a genuine real-life Aikatsu-themed Christmas cake. No joke:

r8ios0Cl.jpg

And the kicker? The episode was still really really fun and didn't reek of soulless product placement, but then again that's been the norm for Aikatsu for months. Sunrise still leaving Toei in the dust.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Last Exile Fam 1-2

Yui Fam is fine. It's too bad she's the only one. :(

---

Frozen is probably the best shoujo I've seen since Kimi ni Todoke.
E76hNs1l.jpg

Truly, the next Sawako. But don't worry, I'm sure UtaPri season 3 is right around the corner. lol

---

What's weird is that BoobJoust turned out to be your standard watchable and forgettable harem. I don't think it's too much of a spoiler for me to show how it ends:
lwgXVUkl.jpg

Yes, you! Who would you choo-choo-choose?!

What amazed me is that, since this is the first time I watched the credits and since I don't pay attention to staff, I finally realized that this was an 8bit show:
wXupF20l.jpg

Which, if you have been watching the much bigger and more hyped Infinite Stratos S2, you would know they were also working on that this season as well. How BoobJoust could end up meeting the low bar of being a shit harem while Infinite Stratos, with all the buzz and hype coming off of the insane first season, could turn into shit all while being produced by the same studio is beyond me. I'm sure the actual staff on each show matters, but they're just so disparate in quality that I'm just confused at how one could be "okay" while the other turned into such a massive trainwreck.

Oh well, we'll always have Russia:
9Y7E4MDl.jpg

Vecks

Non Non Biyori 05

I refuse to believe Hotaru is a fifth grader.

lol, deja vu. I feel like I've seen this post several times in the past couple of weeks. But I too am still in denial. It's not just how old she looks either, but the fact that she doesn't really act like an elementary school kid. Yeah, it's part of the "joke," but I can't help but think it's weird. She's the only element in the show that makes me go... yep, this is anime.

CorvoSol

Shin Mazinger Z 23

I freaking love this show. Yeah, Sayaka and Kouji's romantic developments have been shoehorned here in the end and yeah, the Venus A and Borot have been chucked in with basically no explanation for the sake of getting them in, but who cares? Kouji and Sayaka were still cute and still better than a bunch of anime couples that DO get loads of time. More than that, though, Kouji's marching into a trap he knows is a trap as the themesong plays in the background and everybody is wigging out was just damn awesome. Next episode is gonna be a crazy throwdown and that's how it should be.

I love you, Mazinger.

Monogatari SS 9

LOL

Monogatari SS 10

Big Shinobu > Big Hachikuji

I don't think we're out of the woods on this arc just yet because Araragi was all beat up at the end of Hanekawa's arc and he's still okay here, plus the start of school was fairly early in Hanekawa's. I was expecting this arc to result in Araragi discovering he couldn't save Hachikuji, or that for the world to be saved Hachikuji would have to die. Turns out I had the right plot, wrong girl. The zombies looked like Anti Spiral Life Forms. All in all not bad, especially Araragi's reaction to seeing Mayoi alive and his age, which was much sweeter and less pervy than I expected. That said, I don't think this arc, if it actually is concluded, was anywhere near as powerful as the last arc. Particularly because it really didn't advance Mayoi's character at all. I suppose it helped Shinobu, but not to the same degree the previous arc did. I hope we get more character focused arcs as the show goes, which sounds really stupid since all arcs in this show are, but I mean that I would like better examination of the characters. If not oh well. As long as we don't sink back to Nise levels I'll live.

cajunator

Banned
Non Non Biyori 05

I refuse to believe Hotaru is a fifth grader.

Renge is the most kawaii.

Everybody seems to mention this about Hotaru lol. In the world of anime its impossible to tell how old a character is.

Yui Fam is fine. It's too bad she's the only one. :(

---

Frozen is probably the best shoujo I've seen since Kimi ni Todoke.
E76hNs1l.jpg

Truly, the next Sawako. But don't worry, I'm sure UtaPri season 3 is right around the corner. lol

---

What's weird is that BoobJoust turned out to be your standard watchable and forgettable harem. I don't think it's too much of a spoiler for me to show how it ends:
lwgXVUkl.jpg

Yes, you! Who would you choo-choo-choose?!

What amazed me is that, since this is the first time I watched the credits and since I don't pay attention to staff, I finally realized that this was an 8bit show:
wXupF20l.jpg

Which, if you have been watching the much bigger and more hyped Infinite Stratos S2, you would know they were also working on that this season as well. How BoobJoust could end up meeting the low bar of being a shit harem while Infinite Stratos, with all the buzz and hype coming off of the insane first season, could turn into shit all while being produced by the same studio is beyond me. I'm sure the actual staff on each show matters, but they're just so disparate in quality that I'm just confused at how one could be "okay" while the other turned into such a massive trainwreck.

Oh well, we'll always have Russia:
9Y7E4MDl.jpg

Frozen is excellent shoujo. Most excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom