• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 09
iFWto5LrORgyK.png

Deep
An episode on android existentialism? WHY NOT.
A very good episode all the same with some background on the science team and the security teams (mostly the person who I shall call Hazama from now on) especially.
The next episode is dedicated to duckroll LOOK FORWARD TO IT

You left out the robot.
The robot is best husbando.

What the fuck the valvrave vocaloids were anyway?
They've already answered that. Captured Magius which were spiritual alien lifeforms contained in the units themselves. They were used for their ability to convert information to energy.

Taruranto

They've already answered that. Captured Magius which were spiritual alien lifeforms contained in the units themselves. They were used for their ability to convert information to energy.

But... when? Also, were Pru and Cain in a hot, gay relationship? It sure seems so.

I NEED MORE VALVRAVE IN MY LIFE

iuaBcghmXMtma.gif

I generally enjoyed Saki so I will watch a continuation of it. I have to ask, is Episode of Side A worth watching?

Also.

Watamote 1-12 - This show was insufferable. Would it kill someone to maybe include a tiny bit of character growth? Best thing about the show is the title sequence. At least in My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Hachiman ended up slightly less of a loser than when he started. Also, SNAFU tended to be funny. Watamote had the one line where Tomoko said she peed herself a little and that was about it.

I just finished the first season of it in anticipation for the new season and i agree. Had no idea what was going on in the games half the time though.
This is how I felt as well, everything went right past me because I'm too lazy to understand mahjong. At least there's always pantsu-less lesbians to keep me going.

Quasar

I just finished the first season of it in anticipation for the new season and i agree. Had no idea what was going on in the games half the time though.

It made me want to understand mahjong and find a good iOS mahjong. All I'd previously played were those solitaire mahjong games.

fertygo

Yamato 2199 1-3

This is incredible, only 3 eps so far but I feeling like already watching 3x amount of content without feeling the pacing is weird.

Also the OST is so godlike.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Crunchyroll added Recently, My Sister is Unusual which will start Sunday January 4, at 8:00a.m. Pacific Time.

Theres one more announcement for today.

The latest entry in the “my little sister” genre, Recently, My Sister is Unusual is based on an original manga written and illustrated by Mari Matsuzawa. As usual, the story features a younger sister named Mitsuki Kanzaki who goes to live with her step-brother Yuya Kanzaki after her mother remarries. However, the hijinks start once Mari becomes possessed by a ghost named Hiyori Kotobuki, who must fall in love with Yuya in order to pass on…
What in the world. lol

duckroll

All of sudden? It took work and writing and screencaps and constant badgering to get it to happen!

I feel that Yamato is one of those shows which was a really hard sell initially because of the release format, but now with it being complete, every bit of pushing probably helps and it finally hit the tipping point this holiday season. Everyone contributed! Now with each person watching it, the wave grows stronger and hopefully even more people will get into it. :D

Jex

I feel that Yamato is one of those shows which was a really hard sell initially because of the release format, but now with it being complete, every bit of pushing probably helps and it finally hit the tipping point this holiday season. Everyone contributed! Now with each person watching it, the wave grows stronger and hopefully even more people will get into it. :D

Right, that really didn't help. I certainly didn't want to get involved with it in when it wasn't done and I can't blame anyone else for staying away either.

And for those of you who still haven't picked it up yet:

yamato234huuf.jpg

yamato219910iasvg.jpg

yamato28evunw.jpg

yamato219929m0s2k.jpg

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 10
And a new person is added on board. This episode shed some more light into how the Gamilans work.
It seems at least that the second class Gamilans are pretty sympathetic of earth and honourable while everyone else are a bunch of shits.
So far villains are pretty believable and it seems like all characters keep to their parts and appear competent. Please keep it that way.
The butts appear to be back, and there was a good fight on that note in this episode that I shall not spoil.
A NEW CHALENGER APPEARS waifu rankings withheld till it can be classified.

Why do they get to have a genre!? What about us older bros?

Isn't the "my little sister genre" for older bros or at least the wannabe ones sinc eit almost always has a guy dicking around with his sister?

Right, that really didn't help. I certainly didn't want to get involved with it in when it wasn't done and I can't blame anyone else for staying away either.

And for those of you who still haven't picked it up yet:

yamato234huuf.jpg

yamato219910iasvg.jpg

yamato28evunw.jpg

yamato219929m0s2k.jpg

Woah what movie is this

Midonin

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira - Daydreaming Chapter

Each episode is unlike the ones that came before or after it, but the note the series chose to end on was a good one. Rika's cute already, and the even younger Rika is even more cute. The main Rika coming up with an "I'm a distant relative" excuse on the spot again shows how much she's the central figure of this series. Plenty of Hanyuu too. Of all the episodes I've watched, this one probably lingered the longest on the scenery.

Everything comes down to that final scene. Hanyuu not wanting to let little Rika go because of the entire series we've already seen her go through, and she saying she wants to go because Hanyuu will be there for her. The feels, they are strong in this one. A charming end to a charming little anthology series. This whole thing is partially making me disappointed that Umineko will never be animated beyond its first half, but the whole of Higurashi being available, and then some, shows why it made an impact back when it did.

I still have Outbreak to watch, but I'm saving that for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom