• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
I have joined the first church of Moe.

Been catching up with YuYu Hakusho again with mah new Blu-Rays that are fucking awesome

fertygo

Yamato 2199 - 07

Last episode for today, this show effort to make you closer to even lesser ship crew is remarkable.. that video message session was great.

Also other than your usual blatant ass shot, we also got other form of fanservice this time!

Thank you 21st century anime advancement.

THIS SHOW IS TOO ADORABLE I CAN'T TAKE IT

y15E9Q8.png

Touch - 41~50

And just like that the second attempt ended, haha.
Fuck you Yoshida, you got what you deserved.
I can't wait for their third year.

It made me want to understand mahjong and find a good iOS mahjong. All I'd previously played were those solitaire mahjong games.

Real live mahjong, now this is awesome to play, the only downside it's like trying to play Nintendo games, local multiplayer...it's hard to get four people to play.

Oh man, Crunchyroll is going to simulcast the Mushishi special episode on Saturday!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/12/27/crunchyroll-to-stream-mushi-shi-special-episode

Regional restrictions: US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa only.

Hmm, I think it's time to get back to Mushishi, I saw the first episode and I really liked it. Time for a marathon.

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 11
Another good episode, this time sharing the true story of the war. I'd ask if things could be different if the earth commanders were not morons but I doubt it given the Gamilan's are also dickheads.
Also pretty expected at this point I felt.
To go back to the ranking predicament I was talking about last episode.
New girl enters in the same tier as Akira. Also expecting yuri ships.

Mushishi - 01

It's Myoue, it's Myoue.
Strange, does it really take just one
crow to stop the mushi banquet
?
Here they acted to protect the world
, I wonder if they'll have others reasons to act, probably yes.
The character desing is great. I look foward to meeting more mushi and mushishi.

duckroll

I was inspired by Jexhius' art spam from Yamato 2199 to see if it's possible to find one interesting background shot in every single episode which doesn't spoil anything without prior knowledge. Turns out it was possible for every single episode aside from the final episode, since I didn't want to use any screen which actually shows an obvious story scene. Might have been possible if I looked harder, but I doubled up on another episode instead.

The following scenes are randomized in order and meant to show the variety of locations and artwork in the show and not any sort of progression. I've also tried to avoid using certain pics which have been used multiple times before in this thread. Enjoy. :)

OceanBlue

How does Sawano get work with the amount of complaints he gets?

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who like his stuff. I've seen more than a few people talk about how the music in Attack on Titan is "epic" or that the music in Guilty Crown is one of its only redeeming qualities.

Mushishi - 02

So mushi can cause
diseases
too, and that was pretty bad
and infectious
I hope I never meet someone who can close their second eyelid, that was frightening. Just when I thought his covered eye was nothing special.

Jarmel

Banned
Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who like his stuff. I've seen more than a few people talk about how the music in Attack on Titan is "epic" or that the music in Guilty Crown is one of its only redeeming qualities.

That's certainly true about Guilty Crown but that has less to do with Sawano and more to do with ryo.

Quasar

I meant people buy OSTs to shows they liked. Not OSTs they liked for shows they don't care about. (usually)

Certainly if I look at my collection of score cds (be they film, tv or anime) its pretty all for stuff where I liked the thing its from. Part of that is scores for me allow me to relive the emotions for media that I enjoyed. So if I didn't like the film or tv show its from I have less reason to listen to the score.

Also it tends to turn out that me liking the score tends to skew my view of the material itself. So if I really like the score I tend to like what its from. I really have trouble thinking of anything where I loved the score but hated what it was from.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 1-4

Apart from the lack of female representation on the main deck. This show is really good, feels reminiscent of a classic space opera television series from the 70s but updated for a modern audience. It basically has everything I want in a Space Opera series - Great variety of backgrounds/settings, excellent sense of exploration and scale, quality characterization and consistent direction and animation. I really like the retro-styled character designs too.

Can't wait to watch more of it in the coming weeks!

Waifu Rankings: Yuki > Starsha > Kaoru > Makoto. (subject to change)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Azumanga Daioh 13-24:

Well that was a most exquisite series and indeed I can see how this got oh so popular in its heyday. Shit, this show does some things that modern series could do well to understand, like being entertaining and having strong characterization at the same time. Also, it was nice for this to be a show about high school and not just a backdrop for some stupid club setting and this was a programs that was not afraid to let its characters grow up and experience much of what the high school years had to offer.

C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control Episode 1:

Er, this has a nice intro sequence which is ruined by the horrible selection of song, and outside of that yea, this was basically Yu-Gi-oh! but with real currency involved and somehow more boring and preachy then and episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Yea, not sure what inspired Pivot TV to pick this up, but it would not recommend it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was inspired by Jexhius' art spam from Yamato 2199 to see if it's possible to find one interesting background shot in every single episode which doesn't spoil anything without prior knowledge. Turns out it was possible for every single episode aside from the final episode, since I didn't want to use any screen which actually shows an obvious story scene. Might have been possible if I looked harder, but I doubled up on another episode instead.

The following scenes are randomized in order and meant to show the variety of locations and artwork in the show and not any sort of progression. I've also tried to avoid using certain pics which have been used multiple times before in this thread. Enjoy. :)
Now do the same but with all Melda x Yamamoto dogfight shots!

Mushishi - 03

Eh, the three kids looked pretty much the same until now...
The mushi until now caused more problems than any other thing, so in the end Ginko is more like a medic than a mushishi, or mushishi is just a fancy word for medic? I wonder, hmm.

Non non biyori - 05

Beach episode , guilt episode , shame episode ....
Non%20Non%20Biyori%20-%2005.jpg

The wonders of anime, indeed.
Awesome episode !

i'm pretty sure hotaru is the same kind of character as this one :

SotaTakanashi1.jpg

-Like cute things
-Like their sempai
-Not afraid to be open about their likes
-Little dense to maintain status quo.

ONlY their age and gender are different

Status
Not open for further replies.