• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira - Intertwined Destiny Chapter

The romantic comedy, one of anime's most prominent genres, and here's an episode that's nothing but that. Even the once desolate locations like the junkyard have turned into a place for hijinks. Probably the lightest in tone of the three I've watched thus far. The other Rika's one line was once again good for a laugh, and that twist at the end in the blindfolded love game... K1, you've really got no luck. Though he is smarter than he looks, being able to catch onto the twin switch while it was happening. Enjoyable episode.

Finalow

attack on shitTan.
yamato not top 5, also clearly talking about yamato:
Over this past year, despite the massive amount of anime I watched, several anime managed to slip through the cracks and did not get a mention in the “five anime you should be watching” posts each season. Some of these didn't really get good until past their mid-way points. Others were not mentioned because I hadn't yet begun recommending anime mid-season
duckroll do something.

i dont get why gaming media fap soo hard for attack on titans.

makes any goty list where they list reason for a game 'fantastic story' a bit suspect.

also yeah watched gintama movie last night too.

Fantastic thing. has them feels, them dramas, the nonsense. and kugaloli with boobs and tsundere, oh lawd? It is the best anime movie of 2013 if we don't count pacific rim.

The only real negative is the budget, it doesn't look much better than your standard eps and the sword fights are noticeably lackluster vs some of the show fights.

They probably burned all their money on that weird ass cameraman opening.

Wait, I've only seen about 25 episodes of Gintama. Would I be able to understand the movie if I watch it now? Are there any spoilers I should be aware of?

Please don't . Don't bother watching this movie untill you've reached the first 200 eps ... It relies heavily on knowing facts that are presented across multiples arcs.
It's a classic exemple of a movie that work much better once you know the characters.

--------------------------------
Gintama The movie - The final Chapter - Be forever Odd Jobs

This movie trully has it all .. parodies , decent comedy ( that rely on so many characters interractions ) , good plot , great animation and wonderfull sorrow moments.

I'm pretty sure i was smiling 92% of the time , this movie is great stuff... Some of the twists were predictable but the overall package was pretty high.

This is gintama alright , starting an arc with silly stuff to bring heavy not forshadowed elements later and a pinacle perfectly animated finale ... I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.

The music was a nice remix of old tunes across the seasons , all for nostalgia ..but damn it worked well.

Touch - 31~40

Baseball? What baseball?
Minami-chan. Om Nom Nom Nom. A new star is born. Om Nom Nom Nom.
Back to baseball, all the actors are ready for the second attempt at Koushien...even that little fucker who likes to copy others.

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 08
i6cWTCwd1c6C1.png

I KNOW YOU!
Pretty exciting episode. The gamelan emperor is a dick.
They don't even know yet!
Keep it together captain!
Not many butts. When you wish upon a star is featured however.

Assumption that it's based on Fate route comes from the keyart which screams Fate.

The footage that's actually new (and not from F/Z or the Vita OPs) are scenes that occur before the player is locked to a route and are visited in every playthrough. This teaser trailer is deliberately ambiguous and gives out no hints whatsoever of which storyline they actually intend to take.

Owwari

Banned
Kakumeki Valvrape END

Seriously? LOL
Like, why did they even bother? That was a major roller coaster but not the kind I'm used to with this series. That was the most lame, half-assed, rushed and unoriginal ending I have seen this year.

duckroll

Photo Kano's final volume came out in Japan today, and the special bonus in it was Yuasa's brand new 60 second opening animation for the show-in-show Pretty Rabbie.

There's full staff and screens on this blog: http://blog.getchu.com/archives/52057361.html (Warning: Somewhat NSFW)

Moon Witch Pretty Rabbie Opening Animation

Director: Masaaki Yuasa
Character Design/Animation Director: Hisashi Mori
Key Animation: Takaaki Yamashita, Shinsaku Kozuma, Tomoaki Takase, Hisashi Mori
Color Setting: Yukie Noguchi
Background Art: Kentaro Akiyama (Studio Pablo)
Animation Production: Madhouse

Kakumeki Valvrape END

Seriously? LOL
Like, why did they even bother? That was a major roller coaster but not the kind I'm used to with this series. That was the most lame, half-assed, rushed and unoriginal ending I have seen this year.

Funny i remember people saying the same thing when guilty crown ended .

I haven't seen the end of either serie but for both i really couldn't finish them.

survivor

Banned
Photo Kano's final volume came out in Japan today, and the special bonus in it was Yuasa's brand new 60 second opening animation for the show-in-show Pretty Rabbie.

There's full staff and screens on this blog: http://blog.getchu.com/archives/52057361.html (Warning: Somewhat NSFW)

So beautiful, Yuasa please make more anime.

Funny i remember people saying the same thing when guilty crown ended .

I haven't seen the end of either serie but for both i really couldn't finish them.

Valvrave played straight wouldn't be that different from Guilty Crown, though thankfully it doesn't take itself that seriously most of the time.

Midonin

I'm less interested in the animation aspect and more in the fact that it exists. As a connoisseur of shows-within-shows, this is right up my alley.

Assassination Classroom OVA
tumblr_myh84vxQvi1qbxqfpo4_500.png
tumblr_myh85oEgm61qbxqfpo1_500.png

A pretty excellent adaptation of their trip being split with the serious event of the Kanzaki moment and then the gov't gun trying to take Kurosensei out with the addition of some downtime at the inn. Only slight issues were just things that could probably be resolved with a larger budget and a bit of some time adjusting to Kurosensei's voice. The colouring changes for him at moments and the brief moments of comedy were good highlights capturing the spirit of the manga, while Karma kun moments were the best things and all I wanted. His faces and such are hilarious.

2nd half was really entertaining, laughed quite a bit.

I hope someday it does get a full tv anime and such, baseball, the exams, and then the whole island/hotel arc would be amazing animated.

fertygo

Valvrave 23-24

Well that its, okay I guess.. beside some excellent moment that the series can't live up, I can't say I'm disappointed because I only expecting poor man geass and mediocre mecha animu from this.

That being said I still crave for another Okouchi's written show, these last two episode feel like eps 49-50 from normal long mecha show while of course we know the show only have half amount of that and the result of that make the show have less build-up than it should and despite that its still much better than Guilty Crown as Code Geass knock-off.

Also the ending, looooooool/

Taruranto

Valvrave #Finale ONE MORE FINAL: I need you

Wow, I have no words... this completely managed to overthrow any expectation I had. Not only It was a complete clusterfuck that didn't bring any resolution (expected) but it didn't also answer any fucking question. Even freacking R2 managed to do that.

So, in the end... Audrey was the best girl?

What the fuck the valvrave vocaloids were anyway?

*snaps picture* neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom