• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt say ars nova is a harem anime, at most 2 people actually like's the main character, everyone else either likes another person or dont have romantic feelings for anyone at all.

Maybe not strictly in the traditional sense, but Gunzou does very much end up collecting a bunch of cute girls, whether intentional or not. I have a tendency to classify anything with one male + >4 female characters cohabitating as a harem anime.

Aikatsu! 8

sWzBxY8.jpg

Nozomi JOINS THE FRAY.

Okay her name is Hikari, and she's a rival to Ran. And apparently Aoi and Ichigo makes special juice that just happens to be yellow.

Will say though, you won't see many childrens show shooting the word sexy towards other girls.

Anyway, was a bit disappointed in the song choice for this episode.

Thoraxes

To be fair, Taco Bell is legitimately inferior to most any proper Mexican restaurant. It's just cheap and open late.

See, I have real Mexican restaurants open 24/7 though, all locally owned joints (intelligently) positioned near the bars.

And man is the food so freaking good.

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 12
ibqwtceZ0e4bG9.png
ikMZYIox6WDSy.png

First Hanamaru now this
Another look into the way the Gamilans work. The emperor's words are pretty ominous. We are also introduced properly to our new foe they showed us last episode.
The friend is taking everything very badly but I hope he does come to his senses eventually. He's one of the few characters that is looking like a stereotypical dick right now.
Since this post is a bit on the short side here's a butt.

fertygo

Liars are liars whether fair or filthy.

Monogatari SS 17

I'm confused on this show's chronology now. I assume that Nekoshiro > Mayoi Zombie > Shinobu Time, but I really don't know when Nadeko Medusa takes place now. Presumably some time after the first day of school?

You gonna hate this arc lol

but you almost there, to the best monogatari

Both! :D

I've had it sober and drunk, heh.

That actually sounds pretty great honestly.

I occasionally buy things from a place called Taco King *love their refried beans*. Stuffed ass burritos, and very good.

Although, now, I'm starting to think the reason why I was able to take down some really "spicy" foods was because I drunk a lot (it was a company party though, so who cares?)

kiryogi

Banned
Steins;Gate rewatch

Got the blurays for Xmas and it's great reliving it all fresh again. I forget just how amazing this series was. . . But peeve time, WTF is up with funimation using the word jinx in the subtitles in place of flags (as in from a VN)? For a series that's built all around japanese nerd culture, I didn't think they'd need to step around it? I understand localization changes and all, but this really misses the original meaning beyond.

Log Horizon 13 :

PQitjGi.jpg

Those Lenessia x Crusty interactions (and Lenessia's faces) were a riot.

How many episodes is this series anyway ? I would like to know if there's room to cover
the war

BluWacky

the fairy tail anime's returning in april, unfortunately

Interestingly enough (well, as interesting as anything Fairy Tail related can really get) they've changed a few of the staff around and Satelight are no longer working on it, with Bridge (Devil Survivor 2) taking over their half of the animation production.

It's not going to stop it from being a fairly bland (IMO) series, and I doubt revamped character designs or a new studio will really bring much to the overall quality of the show, but I felt it was interesting nonetheless.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Maybe not strictly in the traditional sense, but Gunzou does very much end up collecting a bunch of cute girls, whether intentional or not. I have a tendency to classify anything with one male + >4 female characters cohabitating as a harem anime.

I understand what your coming from

Log Horizon 13 :

PQitjGi.jpg

Those Lenessia x Crusty interactions (and Lenessia's faces) were a riot.

How many episodes is this series anyway ? I would like to know if there's room to cover
the war

25 episodes ... They covered the answer to your question in the opening animation.( if you pay attention ) SO the answer is YES

Mortemis

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

I just marathoned the whole show for the first time and well... it's definitely not what I was expecting. I've heard from others that it's nothing like other mahou shoujo animes, and I should have known what I was getting into with Gen Urobutcher Urobuchi, but still, damn. Not going to rate this series until I slept it off and can actually think straight. I hear the new movie is great so I guess that's something to look forward to.

Btw, also watched the Gintama movie before marathoning that and I loved it. Had everything I wanted in a gintama movie plus more.

Dragoshi1

Drop is uploading new Megami/Nyantype pics, still in progress: link
Some can be a tad NSFW so viewer discretion is advised if following the link

Also here is a new PV for Mikakunin
Pick your team carefully.

After the previous PV, I was going to watch Mikakunin, but now that I've seen the new PV, this looks like it will be a blast. Love the character designs, and love the music.

Here's the previous PV for those curious, it's probably the ED;

Mikakunin previous PV

Defuser

Log Horizon ep 13
Crusty swag factor over 9000. Nice to see other characters other than Shiroe take the 'lead' and refreshing to see a Crusty interact with Lenessia.

Log horizon - 13

One thing that is clear in LH is that people with glasses are to be feared

Damn they nailed princess lenessia so perfectly ...
I hope you guys are ready because next week it's "revelations" time ... I don't think you'll be able to guess what's going to happen.

Well actually you can since the anime provided all the clues already

Erigu

Monogatari SS 17

I'm confused on this show's chronology now. I assume that Nekoshiro > Mayoi Zombie > Shinobu Time, but I really don't know when Nadeko Medusa takes place now. Presumably some time after the first day of school?
Nekomonogatari (Shiro) (Tsubasa Tiger), Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi Jiangshi) and Onimonogatari (Shinobu Time) all take place over the same few days, in the second half of August. Nekomonogatari (Shiro) shows Hanekawa and Senjôgahara's side of those days, and Kabukimonogatari then Onimonogatari show Araragi's.
Otorimonogatari (Nadeko Medusa) is set roughly two months later (during Halloween, actually). If it helps, Ôgi first appeared at Araragi's school in October.

e_i

Watching the SYD OVAs in preparation for the new season. Can't wait for Yoko Hikasa talking dirty and the goddess SATOMI ARAI and Suzu.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 13:

Yea, I think we can change the name of the episode here to Crusty produces the keys to every pair of panties in the kingdom. Well, except for the Princess because honestly it seems like his manoeuvrings are one step forwards, two steps backward as far as the bedroom is concerned.
Of course that isn't the main goal as this mating dance is tied to the larger political machinations going on at these conferences, which is very nice touch. Anyway, we seem to be getting many portents of the future as tat goblin thing in the beginning has to be important and the People of the Land drop one of their biggest cards, they want boating technology. It was also nice to see Shiroe stuck with the rather useless Guild of Alchemists who did nothing but argue semantics all day and ultimately accomplished nothing, this show understands politics to a scary degree. The big misstep of this episode is the children training camp funtime hour in which nothing was advanced or changed or anything, you could have cut this out and we would not have missed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom