• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Leave Ohio then?

To be fair, Taco Bell is legitimately inferior to most any proper Mexican restaurant. It's just cheap and open late.

I would have about a hundred times over if I could, but we all know that it's impossible.

rTXL20Pl.jpg

I had too much Popeye's while at CEO. Really not as amazing as some say.

Granted, I still enjoyed it. I also enjoy Taco Bell. I just enjoy other places more.

My local shopping mall just got a Popeye's, so it's still a novelty for me. Popeye's and Arby's are fairly uncommon near me.

Taco Bell on the other hand, love Taco Bell. I just don't want to know what's actually in the meat.

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 12

So we actually have a cliffhanger to this episode. Neat. Didn't see the cliffhanger coming.... I mean the actual cliffhanger, not the contents of said cliff hanger.

ONCE AGAIN, apparently, when I notice something, and comment about it, shows just happen to answer it soon enough. I wish I could get this to work with Precure more often.

But yeah, Nagisa finally does more stuff thankfully, and I think there's been hinting that their mother is "special", based on the last minute of the last episode, and Riko having an instant vision of the lost dog's feelings.

It's just Ohio, except that there are more drunk drivers and you have to pay tax on Amazon purchases.

Well we have our fair share of shitty drivers.... and these are "All terrain" drivers, some take it too literally and drive on the median strips.

My condolences on the latter though.

Mature

I had too much Popeye's while at CEO. Really not as amazing as some say.

Granted, I still enjoyed it. I also enjoy Taco Bell. I just enjoy other places more.
People are saying Popeyes is amazing? I mean, I can't even remember what it tastes like, but that doesn't sound like a proper descriptor, haha.

When it comes to eating junky food, I eat more burgers than I should since I have an In n out and a Five Guys right near my work. Lots of dangerous temptations ~_~. I try to bring my own lunch as often as possible.

Joe Molotov

Now, my biggest gripe, is that this episode captilizes on just how far Cure Sword has fallen, and how she really hasn't lived up to what she was given. I mean for a surviving warrior of the Trump Kingdom, she isn't particularly strong.

It's interesting watching Dokidoki and Heartcatch together and comparing Cure Sword and Cure Moonlight. They're both the more experienced Cures that join the team later, but with Moonlight, she's so obviously stronger than the other Cures. It's really exaggerated early on, less so after they all get their upgrades and level up, but even then it's pretty clear she's the strongest. Her solo fight against the Baron in the movie was pretty impressive.

Cure Sword though, she just kinda....well, you know how it is, Mana does everything. Even when Mana's not there, they're only able to win because the power of Mana was still in their hearts. -_- I guess maybe a better comparison for Cure Moonlight would be Cure Ace, but even Ace doesn't really seem that powerful after the first few times she showed up and saved them. It's all about dat Mana.

It's interesting watching Dokidoki and Heartcatch together and comparing Cure Sword and Cure Moonlight. They're both the more experienced Cures that join the team later, but with Moonlight, she's so obviously stronger than the other Cures. It's really exaggerated early on, less so after they all get their upgrades and level up, but even then it's pretty clear she's the strongest. Her solo fight against the Baron in the movie was pretty impressive.

Cure Sword though, she just kinda....well, you know how it is, Mana does everything. Even when Mana's not there, they're only able to win because the power of Mana was still in their hearts. -_- Even Cure Ace doesn't really seem that powerful after the first few times she showed up and saved them. It's all about dat Mana.

Moonlight's capabilities is definitely something that sticks to the end, but others catch up, like you said.

I think for Cure Sword though, when "joins later" is applied, it's not really much of a later, it's like... before we even get to 10. And then they keep adding more and more elements in regards to the Trump Kingdom. Cure Sword getting them involve technically, isn't even the thing that gets the stone rolling, it was Joe giving Mana the Lovie, and they came to Joe or he came to them and gave the goods.

I don't know, it's just... they made it feel as if Makoto isn't really important, and I think there was a moment to tell she was weak, mainly when she's attacked and Cure Heart joins the fight and dodges attacks like it was nothing.

Tokyo Ravens 12

I've been waiting for this episode. For so god damn long. What are the chances there's actual development instead of the typical harem hiding the truth until the last episode bullcrap?

Pretty small. But a man can dream.

Who am I kidding, they've already introduced the other members of the harem so nothing will happen. Fucking Infinite Stratos syndrome.

OceanBlue

Tokyo Ravens 12

I've been waiting for this episode. For so god damn long. What are the chances there's actual development instead of the typical harem hiding the truth until the last episode bullcrap?

Pretty small. But a man can dream.

Who am I kidding, they've already introduced the other members of the harem so nothing will happen. Fucking Infinite Stratos syndrome.

I agree with the people who said there will probably be some reset, but it might not be Harutora's fault! Maybe Natsume might deny whatever happens or something. In the meanwhile, I would be amazed if Harutora goes for an episode or two without piecing together that Hokuto was Natsume.

Honestly, I was surprised seeing the development in this episode. I expected the show to draw it out for the full 26 episodes, lol.

CorvoSol

Monogatari SS 16

HOLY SHIT DOES THERE HAVE TO BE A FUCKING CLIP EPISODE AFTER EVERY ARC? That last arc didn't even END. It just had creepy School Days smiles and Satsuki Kiryuin Senjougahara Hitagi telephone calls and now we're doing ANOTHER clip show? This has to be the fucking third one in 16 episodes. What in the fuck is this bullshit?

It's either lazy or fucking trolling of a new and unique flavor.

CorvoSol

Corvo apparently can't stop watching clipshows apparently.

Gotta clip em son.

Who said I actually watch these episodes? I start it up, see it is a clip show, flip my shit and move on to the next episode. But the sheer number of these things in Monogatari SS is egregious to say it nicely.

Digimon Xros Wars 31

R9eiAtwl.jpg

I guess Digimon aren't the only ones subjected to getting ugly redesigns.

This whole reset is kinda interesting, more that there's a set number of final bosses to take down. But that's about it.

Gazoinks

Yozakura 12

The pacing in this episode felt a bit weird again. There were too many comedic bits in the first half to raise the stakes like they really should've been, and it was resolved kind of lamely
although Juri apologizing to Lila was nice, if a bit "You're fixed forever now so let's forgive you of all the crazy stuff you did."
Not a bad episode, but one of the weaker in this series.

Is this the last episode this season?

CorvoSol

He's not filthy he's ---- wait won't go over well.

Polar bears are pretty clean.

Liars are liars whether fair or filthy.

Monogatari SS 17

I'm confused on this show's chronology now. I assume that Nekoshiro > Mayoi Zombie > Shinobu Time, but I really don't know when Nadeko Medusa takes place now. Presumably some time after the first day of school?

Kazzy

I like how everyone is all of a sudden watching Yamato now!

I've seen it nearly twice! Copycats.

That'd be the stockholm syndrome taking hold.

------------

Currently catching up on everything, pretty much. I would like suggestions - so if anybody is offering…

Yamato is already in the bag.

Only watched Free! and Watamote from this season, so it's been distinctly mediocre on my end.

------------

Kill la Kill is getting good, but there's been absolutely no characterisation to speak of. I guess some don't look for that kind of stuff - but there's only so many scenes of Satsuki standing ominously/sitting drinking tea that I can tolerate.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That'd be the stockholm syndrome taking hold.

------------

Currently catching up on everything, pretty much. I would like suggestions - so if anybody is offering…

Yamato is already in the bag.

Only watched Free! and Watamote from this season, so it's been distinctly mediocre on my end.

------------

Kill la Kill is getting good, but there's been absolutely no characterisation to speak of. I guess some don't look for that kind of stuff - but there's only so many scenes of Satsuki standing ominously/sitting drinking tea that I can tolerate.

I do not think Log Horizon has been mentioned yet, this is the MMORPG series we needed and deserved after the long dark teatime of the soul that is Sword Art Online.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I loved this show. Glad that other people enjoyed it, too. I have a tendency to enjoy series that have science-fiction themes, and/or modern warfare. I didn't expect those themes to be combined with a harem anime, but that's what it ended up being. And I enjoyed it the whole way through.

I'd really like to see another season of this.

I wouldnt say ars nova is a harem anime, at most 2 people actually like's the main character, everyone else either likes another person or dont have romantic feelings for anyone at all.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Liars are liars whether fair or filthy.

Monogatari SS 17

I'm confused on this show's chronology now. I assume that Nekoshiro > Mayoi Zombie > Shinobu Time, but I really don't know when Nadeko Medusa takes place now. Presumably some time after the first day of school?

Someone who reads the books can tell you, I think nadeko takes place before most of the events in this arc.

Quasar

Genshiken Nidaime OVA

Pretty weird of them to adapt a story that they skipped earlier to reach the new kids.

Was pretty cool to see more focus on all the original gang and all that focus on Sue as well.

I was really pretty surprised by this. I thought for sure it would follow on from the end. Did not expect it to be a Nidaime prequel

I thought it was nice but I felt it suffered from too many characters and not enough time.

Quasar

Monogatari SS 16

HOLY SHIT DOES THERE HAVE TO BE A FUCKING CLIP EPISODE AFTER EVERY ARC? That last arc didn't even END. It just had creepy School Days smiles and Satsuki Kiryuin Senjougahara Hitagi telephone calls and now we're doing ANOTHER clip show? This has to be the fucking third one in 16 episodes. What in the fuck is this bullshit?

Told ya:)

My one issue with the show.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I was really pretty surprised by this. I thought for sure it would follow on from the end. Did not expect it to be a Nidaime prequel
it couldn't move on from the end. nidaime ended in the middle of nowhere right before a big arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom