• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Your Lie in April ep1

so prettyyyy, i like the art

120% drama already
I CAN'T PIANO ANYMORE, THE WORLD IS MONOTONE, MY MOM ABUSED ME
, that's a great sign

at least MC-kun has more character then just DARK PAST SO SAD

will watch more

About the Cross Ange controversy

People have been throwing a fit over this show, primarily the last few minutes of the first episode. Wails of “rape and misogyny!” can be heard far and wide, and I have something to say about those claims.

Ange wasn’t raped.

Physical abuse isn’t rape. A cavity search isn’t rape. Forcibly shifting her insides around so she can handle being a pilot isn’t rape. No, she wasn’t “anally raped.” She was poked. She was prodded. She was altered. She was beaten and insulted. That isn’t rape.

Her abuse was sexualized and framed in a way for people to think rape if they wanted to, but it wasn’t actual rape. Even if it was, there would be nothing wrong with that. Rape is one of the most common sexual fantasies among men and women. Anime is fantasy, they’re allowed to explore those elements to their heart’s content.
Anime culture.

Second post I found.
Cross Ange

Honestly…it’s not that bad.

Okay, so the hatedom for this show comes down to two types of people: A. The SJWs who hate everything and B. The people who think this show is visually the same thing as Gundam Seed Destiny…

As for the former, I really don’y care about your opinions. Do I think that using rape as tool for character development is good? No. But it happened, and you blogging about it on tumblr won’t change that. As for the excessive fanservice…at this point, either stop watching anime entirely or just watch Free! over and over and pretend that’s the only anime ever. I don’t think western white feminist was really Sunrise’s target audience when this was conceived. Give it a chance beyond the first episode, I’m sure it actually improve.

As for the SEED Destiny comments. I mean…I think some of the visuals cues were kind of on purpose as a nod to the fans (Because apparently Destiny has fans…or people who accept it exists). If not, well this I mean just stop watching.

I honestly, went on this tag expecting these two camps to exist. I mean you have the right to complain, by all means. But the show isn’t going anywhere because you hate it. Just don’t watch, it’s a simulcasted show that needs both audiences (Western and Japanese) to renew for more seasons.

I hope you submitted that to animesos.
I might but I don't want to give them the attention.

Edit: Submitted. Will probably take a while to show up if it does, since SOS hasn't updated since August. Turns out that post was written by a woman. Gotta lover her description on her main blog.
I am a sleepy homebunny!
I don't get out much so I get lonely a lot.
(U TTωTT)J
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am fragile so please be nice to me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love art, animals, anime, fashion, sweet and cute things!

CorvoSol

I don't think it's actually possible, but it looks like Cross Ange ep 2 is trying really hard to one-up the first episode.

The first episode had rape fetishes, the heroine advocating genocide, cheap Geass Royalty stuff and inexplicable strippers with boobhelmet SEED knock offs fighting bad CGI dragons.

This next episode is going to have to commit serious crimes against humanity and affronts to decency to one up the offense that was the first episode.

UBW - 01

This episode was good.

But i still really hate the "normal" shirou

Still there was a nice set of scenes in this episode. it's really fun to watch.

I really hope they will keep the battle scenes at this level.

cajunator

Banned
Your Lie in April ep1

so prettyyyy, i like the art

120% drama already
I CAN'T PIANO ANYMORE, THE WORLD IS MONOTONE, MY MOM ABUSED ME
, that's a great sign

at least MC-kun has more character then just DARK PAST SO SAD

will watch more

Is it anything like this show?
ersnsN8.jpg

Well, I've finally finished Log Horizon and it was pretty dang good. It started off a bit slow though. The last episode was quite anticlimactic and the big villainess was weird (and a little too obsessive). She's not a terrible antagonist, but she seems quite standard. Of course, Shiroe is still a boss. The only thing I really didn't care for in this show is that love triangle crap they were pulling towards the end.

Anyway, guess I'll start on the second season now.

Also, glasses.

Xbtb8Tl.gif

The first episode had rape fetishes, the heroine advocating genocide, cheap Geass Royalty stuff and inexplicable strippers with boobhelmet SEED knock offs fighting bad CGI dragons.

This next episode is going to have to commit serious crimes against humanity and affronts to decency to one up the offense that was the first episode.
Fukuda creates a backronym for DRAGON.

In Search of Lost Future 2

I started screenshotting all the awful production problems in this, but then quickly lost motivation as there are simply too many things wrong with this to document. What a mess.

mankoto

World Trigger 2
In retrospect, it's pretty impressive/absolutely unbelievable that Border was able to contain the Neighbor's weapons in that small area for 4+ years.

Conan-san

Honestly, the worst thing it can do right now is keep airing. It's the Serge to anime's EDBW. It's mere walking onto the stage of existence generates Heat.

JCG

Honestly, the worst thing it can do right now is keep airing. It's the Serge to anime's EDBW. It's mere walking onto the stage of existence generates Heat.

Fukuda's recent rant about late night anime having too much censorship today sure sounds unexpectedly creepy in retrospect.

Thank you based ufotable.

Anyways I went over to my best friends house where he got wasted and we watched anime. I'll start off with the stuff he watched with me that I had him watch.

Fate/Stay Night -Unlimited Blade Works- 1

Really, really great. ufotable picking up from where they've left off and making another beautiful episode. The fights were awesome. I have heard for a long time of Shirou's awfulness and didn't see any of that this episode. I actually quite liked him.

It's interesting to see Sakura act the way she does considering her past. But anyways really loved this episode. I have no doubts now that ufotable will make this awesome.

Parasyte 1

Wow. What a way to start a show. Interesting to see another show that sucked my attention into it's world. It makes me curious to see where all this stuff will lead to. I hope for this to be another home run for Madhouse.

DENKI-GAI 1

It had it's moments but was expecting a bit more considering I was hoping for this to be my comedy of the season. I guess we will see how it all shakes out. Some of the jokes kind of fell flat. I hope it finds it's footing by the next episode.

From the New World Ep. 18 - 21

Even though I new it would come to this, I can't say I'm too satisfied with how it has been executed.
There's still four more episodes, but I'm not going to be happy if it continues to be a trite tale of humanity reaping what it sowed requiring a huge suspension of disbelief.

Now for the shows my friend had me start. I gotta say that both hit the right notes for me for their first episodes....

The Devil is a Part-Timer! 1-4

I thought I knew what I was in for in those opening minutes and was dazzled by the opening animation. And then the show flipped the script and turned out to be absolutely hilarious! Thankfully the English dub is so well done that the cast got the timing on the jokes perfectly. Comedies like these do well with a cast like this. I was rolling at some parts. I look forward to watching the rest.

Deadman Wonderland 1

I felt incredibly bad for the MC. The beginning was absolute insanity. It got it's hooks in immediately. So yeah now I am attached to this. So F'ing good. Really want to see how this all shakes out.

God damn there is too much anime!!!!!

Rhapsody

Banned
I have heard for a long time of Shirou's awfulness and didn't see any of that this episode. I actually quite liked him.
It's just some haters out there. I actually think he's a decent character. Most of the dislike is basically what Shirou's friend said, he's too nice for his own good. I can see people thinking that makes him too naive or another shounen protagonist, but I like how it reflects his upbringing and how it's also his weakness.

Rhapsody

Banned
it aint called fate/stay in the kitchen for nothin folks

He basically takes a back seat for the most part though. And even then, it's mostly him in the kitchen lol

Edit: Or wait, maybe I was mistaken on who the stay in the kitchen was toward. Hm...

Mokoi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 11

Well well red head just played quite the dirty trick in order to obtain the rose bride. I have to agree with red head. It definitely seems to me that Utena is also being very possessive of Anthy too, and is merely pushing her own views on what anthy wants. Although is anthy really happy about the rose bride or merely agreeing with what her new master wants? Who knows I'm too drunk to process this. Such a crushing blow for Uteana this epsiode for sure.

cajunator

Banned
From the New World Ep. 18 - 21

Even though I new it would come to this, I can't say I'm too satisfied with how it has been executed.
There's still four more episodes, but I'm not going to be happy if it continues to be a trite tale of humanity reaping what is sowed requiring a huge suspension of disbelief.

What are you talking about?

Gazoinks

G-Reco 2

This show is jumbled and awkward and sometimes doesn't make much sense, but it's strangely charming all the same. I guess that's the Tomino magic at work?

Also I just want to give a shout out to the hilarious almost exposition in this episode.
Because Earth--
*random battle sequence*
--Is why!
*Bell gets slapped for some reason*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom