• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Did somebody already disassembled the Psycho-Pass 2 opening? It's screaming with messages and symbols just by looking once at it and I am curious, if most of those are actually building up to something or are just there to look interesting.

Ore Twintails ni Narimasu. - 01

THIS SHOW IS STUPID

This is so stupid i can't hate it

APPROVED
Ore%20Twintails%20ni%20Narimasu.%20-%2001.jpg
i really can't dislike a show this stupid.

"They stole her twintail element !"
WTF

Barakamon 01

Well... That's one way to deal with criticism.

So, this Handa guy punches an old man and then moves to the country where there's a bus once a day and the house he moves into got a pit toilet, water heated by gas and... a little girl.

Guess he got some new friends now then, and the whole village comes to help him move in too.

Cross Ange 2

Female on female sex, molestation, and bullying. I'd feel worse for Ange but she's still in stuck up princess bitch mode mode and refuses to accept the shitty situation she's in despite all this shit that has happened to her. On some level I can understand rebelling but these girls will fucking kick, rape or kill her ass and don't give a shit.
Oh and let's kill the first person that was nice to her just BECAUSE.

mankoto

Hopefully she won't be so stuck up in episode 3 and onwards since
she'll be going to a graveyard
judging from the preview. Not to mention that Miranda might also give her shit as well considering
how Coco died
meaning she'll truly be all alone and will be forced to accept her new reality.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Episode 2

Nanoha is proving to be pretty powerful in the early part of the game. Taking down monsters with no problems whatsoever. There's going to have to be a catch to all of this right?

Barakamon 02

Handa meets more of Naru's friends.

He also meets the son of the village chief, a nurse that is married and an old man that doesn't exist. Good thing Handa gets food brought over, because he's no good at making any.

Acosta

Gekkan Shoujo N11

I love how this show trolls the audience at every step. It´s kinda funny remembering when I thought it was just a romance series and discarded it.

Well, last episode, here I go. I feel kinda sad this is finishing. It was not hilarious like Love Lab for example and has some kinda uneventful episodes, but I feel "warmness" watching this. It´s not like "OMG best anime ever", but I feel really nice watching these characters.

Midonin

Cross Ange 02

There's a lot of problematic elements - and I was right, watching Strain did provide a frame of reference for the show, in that Strain was so far better, even if its base idea was taken from another story. Episode 7 of Strain compared to here. My biggest problem, though, is with the scene at the end. Bloody violence has never sat right with me. Something like Higurashi was as much about the atmospheric scares as it was the blood. Though comparing a horror story to a robot anime is getting a bit apples-and-oranges. I'll keep watching because I want there to be more mecha anime with a primarily female cast, but perhaps more of them should strive to be like Lagrange.

I did sort of like how Ange's Quidditch skills made her good at piloting a robot, at least.

Branduil

The most legitimate complaint I can come up with is how inconsistent the telekinesis is.

Edit: I accept that much of
their defeat
is consistent with the series' internal logic but I also have to call that logic into question. There is arrogance and then there is
little concern when your working class develops democracy and unprecedented technological growth.

I don't think a stagnant society being unable to comprehend the danger of technological advancement is that strange.
Plus I got the impression they weren't really paying that close of attention to Squealer until it was too late.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Episode 2

Nanoha is proving to be pretty powerful in the early part of the game. Taking down monsters with no problems whatsoever. There's going to have to be a catch to all of this right?

Just think of Nanoha as a kid in a Gundam. Regular ordinary kid suddenly being given a super weapon, and learning that she's a good pilot for it.

Nanoha's strength isn't the main focus of the plot though, to which you'll find out fairly soon.

Midonin

Celestial Method 02

So the saucer's bringing in tourism, but also preventing the island and the fireworks from being used. Yuzuki's zealous in her cause, and her reasons are understandable from her perspective. I can't help but feel a little uneasy about it, though. It's almost a certainty that Noel is related to the saucer in some way, so does getting rid of it mean getting rid of her? Because Noel's adorable, I don't want to see her go. In two episodes, the show's striking the same mixture of pleasant cuteness and small-town charm (and mild drama) that Hanayamata had, making it one of my favorite Sunday shows already.

Acosta

Gekkan Shoujo N12 [End]

hahaha, for a second I really thought it was going to happen. Troll show to the end, love it. That was a lovely way to end this, as I said, I'm going to miss it.

Let's end this with glorious Seo riding a pegasus.

fDdLO8n.jpg

Barakamon 04

Hm... This makes me feel old...

We get to know that Handa loves cats and he also learn some more valuable lessons. One about having fun even under pressure and another one about not writing what you really think about people :p

World Trigger 2
tumblr_ndayuwMG4n1rgagxfo1_500.gif
tumblr_ndb092flNs1rgagxfo1_500.gif

Some of the things added helped to fill a few gaps in the events that this episode adapted. It made it far better than the manga was, which was good at this point too. There also seemed to be a higher level of comedy here. Yuma's personality with the bulliers to always beat them at their own game was funny.

Protection part was good too, it seemed they still remembered Yuma.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sora no Method Episode 2:

As I thought, this is going to be the Non Non Byori of the season, make of that what you will.

The Irregular at Magic High School END - Generally, when it comes to anime I try to steer clear of things that venture too far into the realm of science fiction/fantasy.Irregular seems to basically be my limit when it comes to what I can handle. Protracted, elaborate fight sequences bore me to tears. And constantly watching a character be clearly overmatched in a fight, but through sheer strength of will he managers to emerge victorious is always a lame copout. So, in that sense, at least seeing that Onii-sama is more powerful, but a significant degree, compared to anyone else in the show is somewhat refreshing. His deadpan character can be kind of dull at times, but occasionally shines with a few interactions with the other characters. I actually enjoyed the show and story through the majority of the run. However, the last three or so episodes almost felt as a reminder why I stopped watching DBZ as a kid so many years ago. Basically three episodes of little-to-no real narrative and just a bunch of boring fight scenes. Its clear that the students are more powerful than the army that is attacking them, but no, we have to go through this long unnecessary evacuation thing. Meanwhile Onii-sama is spending his time regenerating friendlies instead of just vaporizing everyone which he is clearly capable of doing. And then it ends with a deus ex machina with that stupid Material Burst or whatever it was, which shouldn't even ben necessary because Onii-sama could probably just fuck them up on his own.

It was a kind of fun show that got supremely annoying at the end.

Sora no Method 2

Noel is so freakin cute. Not sure why no one remembers anyone, except the headphones girl and Noel.

I really enjoy the animation in the ending credits with the dude walking down the steps, and then later getting up and slapping the dirt off his butt then walking away. They're really nice.

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works 1:
This remains a gorgeous show. The scenery is really striking here. Obviously, we've switched from Rin to Shirou, so there's a big downgrade in that department, but the episode is still pretty solid, and Shirou isn't quite as bad as I remembered him being, although he's still kind of boring. Hopefully now we can get back to Rin and Archer being awesome.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Episode 3

Nanoha's feeling a bit down due to the fact she missed out on stopping that disaster that gripped the city causing huge amounts of structual damage to buildings and got in the way of a budding relationship. Nanoha then proves she's full of surprises by capturing the Jewel Seed with a giant laser shot from 3-5 miles away.

Next episode
WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING! Things look like they're going to be shaken up!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sora no Method 2

Noel is so freakin cute. Not sure why no one remembers anyone, except the headphones girl and Noel.

I really enjoy the animation in the ending credits with the dude walking down the steps, and then later getting up and slapping the dirt off his butt then walking away. They're really nice.

I think the headphones are the key here.

Midonin

Wolf Girl 02

I'm going to stick with this for Erika. Her hard luck life and ability to tsukkomi (and Kanae Itou's voice) are getting enough screentime that the guys in her life just vanish when I watch. If anything, she should ditch Kimura and Kyouya and just hook up with Ayumi (Sanda), her best friend. Those two clearly have more chemistry than any other pairing in the show so far. I liked Maid-sama a little better (Misaki had a much more close-knit and reliable circle of friends, for one), but this isn't too bad.

The tonal shifts between Sunday's shows are pretty huge, but it does achieve a nice balance in shifting between tragic/serious and light/comedic.

Link Man

Banned
Celestial Method 02

So the saucer's bringing in tourism, but also preventing the island and the fireworks from being used. Yuzuki's zealous in her cause, and her reasons are understandable from her perspective. I can't help but feel a little uneasy about it, though. It's almost a certainty that Noel is related to the saucer in some way, so does getting rid of it mean getting rid of her? Because Noel's adorable, I don't want to see her go. In two episodes, the show's striking the same mixture of pleasant cuteness and small-town charm (and mild drama) that Hanayamata had, making it one of my favorite Sunday shows already.

You've said what I was thinking, so I'll just quote this post. Such a cute and relaxing show.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Episode 3

Nanoha's feeling a bit down due to the fact she missed out on stopping that disaster that gripped the city causing huge amounts of structual damage to buildings and got in the way of a budding relationship. Nanoha then proves she's full of surprises by capturing the Jewel Seed with a giant laser shot from 3-5 miles away.

Next episode
WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING! Things look like they're going to be shaken up!

Aww yeah, get ready to be introduced to Magical Girl Gundam Deathscythe.

phaze

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 01

Oh God I'm fairly sure that Deen at least had the decency to cut this material to 20 minutes. 40 minutes of still terrible Shirou and 5 minutes of great action. I will take it I guess.

Having only gone through half of the previous adaptation I've no idea if its true but they seem to heavily imply that
Sakura is yet another master and that she was the one behind the summoning inscription in Shirou's house.
Good she (F/Z spoilers)
needs to win Grail and beat the shit of Angra whoever till he agrees to revive Kariya. And then they will live happily ever after. ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

Midonin

Akame ga Kill 15

New OP and ED. Both are pretty nice, and the OP imagery reinforces the idea of the Jeagers as Night Raid's counterparts. The swimsuit scene didn't last for very long, this was what you'd expect from an episode leading into a big arc. A few comedy moments (which, again, keeps is a little easier to watch compared to where Cross Ange is starting out at) and the reveal of what Kurome's power is.
Necromancy.
Curious to see where this goes. I hope Akame converts her sister to her side, but it feels like they're going to be stuck fighting each other for some time to come.

So apparently Crunchyroll will only be streaming the newest episodes of Detective Conan for now. I hope that they wind up eventually going back and uploading the earlier episodes, because it would be a real shame not to (and it'd be really confusing for any new viewers coming in who haven't seen the beginning episodes).

Narag

So apparently Crunchyroll will only be streaming the newest episodes of Detective Conan for now. I hope that they wind up eventually going back and uploading the earlier episodes, because it would be a real shame not to (and it'd be really confusing for any new viewers coming in who haven't seen the beginning episodes).

I think they went back to fill in the gaps with One Piece so it's not like there isn't any precedent.

edit: oh neat, it's all separated by arc too.

kewlmyc

Log Horizon S2 02:

No seriously, who thought putting a guy with a huge grudgeboner for Shiro in the same squad with Shiro was a good idea?

Necrovex

When does Gintama becomes 'OMG" amazing? It's a funny ass show, but I need something more than comedy to stick with a show for 255 episodes!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon S2 02:

No seriously, who thought putting a guy with a huge grudgeboner for Shiro in the same squad with Shiro was a good idea?

This is such an obvious monkey-wrench I got to think the inevitable betrayal has to be part of some larger plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom