• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space dandy S2 - 13

I AM NOT WORTHY.
Space%20Dandy%202%20-%2013.jpg
This anime is AOTY, i didn't know it was possible but after 26 episodes it cleared my doubts on what i expected of a sucessor of beebop.

-> great animation
-> intresting and diverse encounters/aliens
-> charming stories
-> GOD KICKASS AWESOME soundtrack

Space dandy nailed it , i'm buying the blu-rays as soon as possible.

Out of 26 eps , there was like 2 of them that i disliked, but i cannot dumb down the varietty . There is something for everyone and the second season had some impressive episodes in term of music and animation

12/10 [EPIC ANIME]

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Girlfriend Episode 1:

Well, this is only the third most boring anime related thing I have seen in the past 24 hours, so it has that going for it.

Jarmel

Banned
But but people told me the first person was just to held us understand what the character is going though! Not because its some kind of harem VN scenario!

huh

It is a harem VN scenario but a number of shots are definitely supposed to reflect Shiro's/another character's mindset or thinking. The city being on fire had quite a few of them and I think there was a couple when Kerry is introduced.

I also think there was a quick first person shot when Lancer stabs Shirou.

Ange Cross - 02

Princess still can't melt that she's a norma, and is having difficulty adapting to this new life

I'm enjoying this, but I'm not sure I know why. Is this what shit taste is like? I'm pretty much immune to fanservice so that's something I guess. I keep finding myself laughing out loud, like when Zola said she wasn't satisfied, after 'intimacy' with another girl. I kept imagined Bubba in prison, and gee who will she go to next?
It feels like it's using all the prison stereotypes and tropes but instead of big rough men it's replaced with animu girls, and the thought of it is hilarious to me

Coco is such a nice girl, sharing her pudding! Ohh.. ;_; Well atleast I got Dog left

Midonin

Touka Gettan 03-08

I'm not sure how to review a backwards series. Things are making sense the further back I go, but there's plenty more that doesn't, and is still in the dark. Seeing the consequences of an action, and then how that action came to be, is forcing my brain to work differently than it usually does with stories. Makoto and Shouko are my favorite characters, from what I've seen of them, and the butterfly triplets are one of the more extreme examples of the ohohoho laugh type I've seen yet. The opening and ending with the very Japanese tone to it is pretty good. I also notice this comes from the era of VN adaptations when the game VAs were replaced by big-name anime actors. While this probably gave the anime more exposure - in fact, Saori Hayami's first role was here - such a thing would never be attempted with an adaptation today, or at the very least has become much rarer.

Changing from Drama CDs still happens, though. I'm never sure what fuels the decision to keep or change voices in scenarios like these. The show's atmospheric, and interesting, but I'm still mentally working out how to review it.

fertygo

huh

It is a harem VN scenario but a number of shots are definitely supposed to reflect Shiro's/another character's mindset or thinking. The city being on fire had quite a few of them and I think there was a couple when Kerry is introduced.

I also think there was a quick first person shot when Lancer stabs Shirou.

Its fetishzation (no clue how to type this properly lol) of being stabbed breh, you also got more of that later!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Barakamon 04

Hm... This makes me feel old...
I think it is time for a quick poll.

How many people here also didn't know what a rotary phone was when they watched this episode?

I think it is safe to assume all those born in the 90s didn't.

How many people here also didn't know what a rotary phone was when they watched this episode?

I was born in 1990 and I've known about rotary phones.

I've seen them before, but I don't know how to use them.

Gugurei Kokkuri-san - 02

Damn, this was funnier than I thought. I expected this show to lose steam quickly but I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, too. Kohina has the best character design ever. Those eyes... and the smiles. Someone needs to make some good webms!

Gotta say though, not sure what to say to this:

I take solace in him getting literally blended to ground meat. (and then reappearing in female form...).

fertygo

Its a shame Ange must had all kind of shit, the self-hating bigot mutant princess protag journey to became Magneto is fun to watch.

survivor

Banned

I used one through most of my elementary school years and I was born in 90s

1990 and I know those too!

Btw. can anyone recommend me a light video editor that allows me to cut out sections from a show easily? Afterwards I can use this http://firefogg.org/ (that someone linked here before) to try and make me some webms.

TUSR

Banned

im late 80s and my buddy had one in his basement, and still does.

1990 and I know those too!

Btw. can anyone recommend me a light video editor that allows me to cut out sections from a show easily? Afterwards I can use this http://firefogg.org/ (that someone linked here before) to try and make me some webms.

In WebMConverter you can simply put the time periods you want of the file, and it'll come out as a Webm. Theres also the option to crop. Easy as pie.

fastniunblwo - 01 (first half of)

This is boring. The 'humor' is horribly unfunny and awkward. Couldn't take any more.

Also the characters look like they're afloat away from the bg at times. I know it's meant to be a subjective view of what Shirou is seeing, but even accounting for height differences, it's fucked. Speaking of subjective cams, every character is introduced in this way, and it just kinda hammers in the self-insertion appeal of the character.

Who could feel appeal in self-inserting in this bland of a character??

Fate S/N UB - 1

Boring first half a hour. I get it, they are trying to show the normal Shirou, how is his life, his friends, his personality, backstory, before shit hits the fan, but jeez is too much, maybe they should have rationed it out over the next episodes instead of dumping everything here. Just boring.
It doesn't help the characterization: his slightly bland personality and how goody dorky he is, his Batman backstory (his family is dead and now want to be a hero of justice and save people as he was saved), the silly antics of the onee-san, the housewaifu-Sakura which I'm not sure what relationship has with him, the totally dumb luck he has (which allowed somehow to be in the exact place and conditions to summon Saber), etc.
Oh yeah, great animation.

Akame ga Kill! 15

New OP is alright but lol at them still trying to make it look like Akame is important
Well there were lots of ASSASSINS IN SWIMSUITS FOR NO REASON but I'm sure #animemidriffs was happy
What is this series

Kokkuri-san 02

a096aef635.jpg

The Persona 3 MC?

OP is pretty catchy and kind of DTL
Yeah, I'll stick with this show. Pretty good.

F/SN UBW 01

Christ, the prologue and this did not need to be 45 mins long. We did not need to spend a half hour learning that Shirou is a nice guy who helps people too much. Everything in the first two episodes was dragged out interminably long. So long that even the light at the end of the tunnel that was the well choreographed and animated fights wasn't enough to offset the boredom I felt through the other 90% of the episode.

Mr.Jeff

Kokkuri - 01
This is so good. Hits a great note between the sadness of Kohinata's situation and the comedic interactions.
I especially love the sound design: for most of the episode there's quite a number of scenes with just silence in the background and not some forced background music. It really highlights how empty her house is.
There's a number of great stills/backgrounds as well and I like how the non-SD form of Kohinata is used sparingly.

Also what was up with the girl in her class? She was going to leave flowers on her desk? Isn't that a sign that someone's died?

Also, the ED was just the best.

jgminto

That seems unlikely. I'd have to imagine most people have seen one in media or as a toy before.

Jarmel

Banned
F/SN UBW 01

Christ, the prologue and this did not need to be 45 mins long. We did not need to spend a half hour learning that Shirou is a nice guy who helps people too much.

You actually do though. It's really quite important that they drive in how abnormal Shirou is.

Cross Ange 2

It's very rare for me to consider something terrible, unwatchable crap, and so far I don't think that description fits here. It's sorta entertaining, and really, that's good enough for me. I could do without the rape/almost rape scenes, though, but eh. And I do like dragons and mechs, so I'll probably watch it to the end. It could actually end up being good. You never know. I also think the art/style and animation is pretty nice, so there's that.

And that poor girl at the end. Saw that coming from a mile away.

Log Horizon S2 - 1&2

Pretty good start to the season, I guess. We finally see Tifa flashback chick (and a ninja turtle?), learn about the Kunie Clan, see how weird ReGan is, and get introduced to the most annoying character ever (stupid looking tiny hat included), Tetra. Then there's Demikas who wants ruin Shiroe's plan because he's still too much of a punk to let ish go. And it seems like Akatsuki is unfortunately, still becoming a throwaway character.

fertygo

They covering what Deen put in like 5 eps in an hour in more cohesive way, but I guess its kinda moot point because the episode count is about the same with 2 one hour eps that they put to reach same point. bleh.

Blusby

Well people are complaining about how much of a nice guy he is, so seems like the point did get across.

Not to mention they had a character straight out tell you that Shirou isn't normal.

Or how when Shinji was flinging insults and him he had a robotic expression on his face.

Jarmel

Banned
They covering what Deen put in like 5 eps in an hour in more cohesive way, but I guess its kinda moot point because the episode count is about the same with 2 one hour eps that they put to reach same point. bleh.

Thank god for that. We can get onto stuff like the Graveyard fight. Ufotable absolutely did the right call making Shirou's stuff just an hour special.

Ookami no Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - 02

This is simply not funny and I don't enjoy watching an asshole behaving like one most of the time. Especially not if I get the vibe that the show is trying to tell me it's all cool because of the inevitable 'twist' that reveals he's a great guy and behaving like that because of some tragic bullshit from the past or so. This episode hinted very strongly about some past romance/relationship of his being the reason for not giving a fuck now.

But yeh, bad humor, worse characters (who wants to see the two rigged moronic classmates of our MC?) and a rather lame premise to begin with. Dropped.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ookami no Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - 02

This is simply not funny and I don't enjoy watching an asshole behaving like one most of the time. Especially not if I get the vibe that the show is trying to tell me it's all cool because of the inevitable 'twist' that reveals he's a great guy and behaving like that because of some tragic bullshit from the past or so. This episode hinted very strongly about some past romance/relationship of his being the reason for not giving a fuck now.

But yeh, bad humor, worse characters (who wants to see the two rigged moronic classmates of our MC?) and a rather lame premise to begin with. Dropped.
Maid-sama does it so much better, I couldn't stand ookami either

Akame ga kill - 15

Look at all this JUSTICE !!

Also i don't understand why you don't get why everyone was in swimsuits ( except najenda ).

That's because who would go to battle without taking a bath first ? ( najenda obviously took 1 the day before ).

See ? everything make sense /s

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well people are complaining about how much of a nice guy he is, so seems like the point did get across.

Not to mention they had a character straight out tell you that Shirou isn't normal.
I don't know if I'd say he's nice. The read I got was just bland. He made a baseless accusation that some guy beat his sister. He doesn't come off as nice, Shirou just seems spineless. Type Mooninites can pretend this is a unique anime character attribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom