• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I just got into this anime 7

iQrFjUo2OoeZ6.gif

Okay, this is pretty entertaining

Yuru yuri is pretty amazing

Midonin

Fate/stay night 05

Kamen Rider/Kamen Rider/Rider/Rider!

Half a fight with Rider, half explanations of more things, but things feel new-ish at this point for me. Bigger and more drawn out than the UBW movie, and already deviating from the first TV series. Rin and Shiro's truce at least means things should be shaping up for their future, or at least their chances of survival. I keep realizing how much the conversations feel a bit more resonant now with more backstory. I thought Rin was going to say he "wasn't a mage" for other, perfectly valid reasons, but it's because he put being a father first. Another reason why the Illyaverse is the best. Parents are more parentlike there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fate/stay night 5

Little to no kitchen content. At least Shiro didn't tell Rin he refused to ally with her because she's a helpless girl and shouldn't fight or something.

Fate Stay/Night 5

Was a expecting a solid episode with a cool fight and that's exactly what it was. Too bad
Rider
is incompetent at winning a fight that could be over in like two seconds. Shirou is still an idiot, and Fate route Rin is still forever superior.

Moyashimon Returns 05

That's what happens when you hand out free stuff.

So, it's the harvest festival with Sawaki and the gang have a bar with Mexican liquor to run and Misato and Kawahama seems to be planning another money making scheme.

Jarmel

Banned
Ultimate Budget Works-5

Another solid episode. Rin's design also didn't bother me this episode that's a step in the right direction.

Shirou really is a stupid motherfucker though.

cROSS Ange - 04

My feeligns of wanting to slap the heroine multiples times in the face are actually growing stronger ...
I think the show is making me feel this way on purpose.

I guess i'll be alright with some yuri in between the drama .

dan2026

Fate Stay Night 5

Is Shirou literally bereft of brains?

Who rushes off to fight an enemy Stand on their own with only an inanimate carbon rod?
There is dumb, then there is too stupid to live.

Log Horizon S2 6

Ok, my native language isn't English, so I'm struggling to find the appropriate word to describe it. This feels... slurry, clunky, slow, dull, sludgy, dense?
All this part of Akatsuki admitting she needed help to the others, and the princess declaring she wanted to help because she was her (gasp!) friend... pff.

I just don't like it how mundane it feels and they still focus on it as it was an important character growth moment. it's only character growth because before they had the idiot ball on their hands before, in other words the growth wouldn't be there if they were actual normal people instead of moe-retards.
edit: god I forgot the "I want him to pat me on my head" thing. Pathetic beyond belief.

And in the end, I don't feel the Arc of the killer is going anywhere, as it isn't representing any new dynamic between the People of the Land and the adventurers, as the guy is the equivalent of the lone crazy guy who takes a knife a stabs people in a school, he isn't representative of any culture or idiosyncratic movement.

The concept of the world still transforming from "game" world to "real" world is interesting, it seems the lore of items is going to be real now, and even the world is expanding, literally, using inflationary theory.

CRoss Ange - 03

After 3 episodes , all i can think of is disapointment..

Clearly Cross ange is not the show i was expecting it to be.
Sure the path the heroine took to accept herself was long , but goddamn it felt tedious.
I hope this is over now.

It was faster than I thought. It was done in 2 episodes (1st episode was more prologue, I don't think it counts). Think how they could have been made her angsty for 6-7 episodes.

Cross Ange - 05

i want to congratulate the writter team behind cross ange.

They are doing an excellent job of going on all places despite what could be a intresting theme. /s

i'm kinda sure what they wanted to do , but i'm also sure they could have done a better job at it.

and the preview .... well

so congrats writting team ! It's not bad , but it's not good... it's a rare feelign of "both", trully the first mild anime of this season i'm watching ...

Fate Stay Night 5

Is Shirou literally bereft of brains?

Who rushes off to fight an enemy Stand on their own with only an inanimate carbon rod?
There is dumb, then there is too stupid to live.

Yeh, the guy is making it harder and harder to empathize with him. His general ignorance of this dire ordeal is also irritating.

Saber: "Shirou, it's dangerous as fuck, I'll join you!"
Shirou: "Lmao, relax. I got this gurl! Nothing could possibly happen to me."

Dude, you've been told countless times just how dangerous all this is and were almost-murdered just as often. Can you stop acting like its nothing too worrisome? Or continue going 1v1 against Servants, so far your plotarmor is keeping you alive enough I suppose.

Shirou aside this was a solid episode I think. The dialogue is still underwhelming as hell but there were also fight scenes this time around.

I was a bit surprised how willingly Rin was to kill Shirou. While she said as much I thought she was too much into him to actually do it but Ì guess I was mistaken. Shriou can be happy she's got the worst aim or he'd be dead right now.

Last thing: As a German...wow. Engrish is one thing, this attempted 'Germanese' was on another level.

Clov

@FUNimation
We've picked up home video rights for: #PingPong, #TokyoRavens, & #PUCHIMAS!

WHAT.

Well, it looks like I'll be eating a healthy serving of crow today. It's a serving I'll be more than happy to eat! I didn't think they'd do it, but they've proved me wrong. I didn't think they'd take a chance on it, but they have!

I'm overjoyed. All that's left is The Tatami Galaxy and I'll be fully content.

Working!! S2 06

They get easily sick then if all it takes is a splash of water.

Thankfully former members of Kyoko's gang helps out while people are sick, there's weirdly colored ketchup and Takanashi and Inami has a couple fight... Well... It would have been if they actually were a couple at least. First time in a while that Inami hitting somebody was funny as well.

Ushinawareta mirai wo motomete - 06

This was a cute little side route, to the point ..
this episode was good.

Too bad , the "yui" subplot is still cold...

Moyashimon Returns 06

Money issues gets solved thanks to cosplay.

And idol spit... And yet, that's not even the weirdest thing in this episode. There's a boxing match for somebody to try to become a professor... The festivals at this school are really something :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well if i was controlling shirou decisions accuratly in the game i think i would have won the war , with some losses, but i would have won ( loses are meaningless if i get a holy grail )
You usually don't get an option to change his personality without killing him.

jman2050

Yeah the funny thing about the VN is that you actually make a lot of decisions as Shirou but making what sounds like the "rational" decision always leads to getting killed (or worse).

You're essentially railroaded into making horrible decisions for the plot to advance!

Regarding the Servant this episode. Since someone else here spoiled that:

Lolwhat this is Rider? Was 100% sure that this would be Assassin considering the looks. She wasn't even riding anything (dreaming about riding Shriou though I bet) and had Assassin-ish weaponry!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Regarding the Servant this episode. Since someone else here spoiled that:

Lolwhat this is Rider? Was 100% sure that this would be Assassin considering the looks. She wasn't even riding anything (dreaming about riding Shriou though I bet) and had Assassin-ish weaponry!

Thematically, Fate/Stay in the Kitchen was a mess.

dan2026

After how awesome the Rider in Fate/Zero was, Stay/Night Rider is very poor indeed.

But hey, at least she has the big boobies, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom