• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Twintails 5

Come on Aika, you had to have seen sentai shows before. Switching to a different catalyst of power when you aren't the main character just isn't something you can do.

Tail Yellow easily has the best suit design. This show is stupid as hell and I love it.

twintails !! The twintaillllllllssss - 05

This episode was a little less impressive than the previous 4 but still great overall
Ore%2C%20Twintails%20ni%20Narimasu.%20-%2005.jpg

the most powerfull skill , for the most stupid reason !!

But i guess a downtime was necessary after last week ...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember when D Gray Man was good. Then the author injured her hand and went off the deep end, like the Furuba author.

I remember when D Gray Man was good. Then the author injured her hand and went off the deep end, like the Furuba author.

Well it's coming back so there's hope. She even posted some pictures of new material and it also seems like she's using a tablet to do her drawings now.

So more D-Gray Man incoming.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
DGray Man died when Linali Lenalee lost her hair.

Marathoning the D.Gray-man anime was a terrible experience. The first fifty episodes are mostly a slog of dull, self-contained stories, then you finally hit Japan/Noah's Ark/Black Order Invasion and it's shounen goodness all over your face, then at the cusp of a convergence in several exciting #gamechanger plot threads it's fuck you show's over.

At lest Gekidou is the shit

cajunator

Banned
Twintails 3-5

Fucking.

Amazing.

I am not worthy. This show is just so bonkers it never fails to amuse me. RIP Dragguguildy *salute*

Ep 5 is the best one yet. I like how Tail Yellow makes the user become an adult with big asses and boobs. Suddenly, Samus Aran.

This show rules.

It was coined very early as anime of the season and appears to live up to those lofty expectations.

Marathoning the D.Gray-man anime was a terrible experience. The first fifty episodes are mostly a slog of dull, self-contained stories, then you finally hit Japan/Noah's Ark/Black Order Invasion and it's shounen goodness all over your face, then at the cusp of a convergence in several exciting #gamechanger plot threads it's fuck you show's over.

At lest Gekidou is the shit

I watched like, episode 1 of that, then dropped it seeing as the show didn't really seem like my kind of thing.

Looks like I made the right choice. That sounds like something that would have really pissed me off.

fertygo

I watched like, episode 1 of that, then dropped it seeing as the show didn't really seem like my kind of thing.

Looks like I made the right choice. That sounds like something that would have really pissed me off.

Last 50 eps is really good like madp said, its also the point of what haly said..

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I keep wondering what a Death Grips anime would look like, but then I realize it would just be Paranoia Agent.

It would probably get all hyped up, release a few bizarre shitty episodes, then release a episode where literally nothing happens and there's just a still image, and then the animation studio dissolves and that's the end before the finale. Also, dick picks everywhere.

Jarmel

Banned
Gargantia OVA-1
Good lord these girls are healthy. Best ass service this season.

Anyway this was a really good slice of life episode and I enjoyed how mellow it was for the most part. There were definitely some dramatic elements and sequences but the whole thing felt very grounded. I also think Chambro being out of the picture allows for there to be some really tense bits.

I think it's very clear where they're going with season 2. Oh boy.

Midonin

PriPara 19

Meganee is the press. Meganee is the security guards. Meganee is the gatekeeper. If this independent city-state is a virtual world, that still raises questions about the true nature of the mysterious overwatcher. If she's doing this with powers from a magical dimension, I wonder if this is working under Maple Land laws or if using body duplicates really is covered.

Her very existence keeps drawing me deeper into the web of PriPara, on the eve of Mirei celebrating her anniversary of rescuing the Bear from the dungeon. It's a cute story, about how she learned that technical skill can only take you so far in the world of entertainment. "Like paintin' a masterpiece, it's a work of heart." Her ladybug-themed outfit was cute, too.

Lala's mom being informed her daughter might be involved in idoldom didn't really faze her. She's cool, like Kotori's mom. The premise for the next episode is a little odd - do Dorothy and Leona's parents have the funds to open a store for the purpose of competing with Lala's? Will the battle inside the idol world have an effect on the economy outside it? Why ninjas?

Finding out more of Mirei's backstory is appreciated. I like all the characters in this show, and she has the greatest contrast between her public life and her private life, as well as a really great family. Knowing more about how her journey began shows how far she's come, even if a lot of it is delivered via flashbacks.

Thinking about it, the movie might be a way to make up for losing a cour after the rebranding. Jewelpet and Pretty Rhythm need to remain in sync, apparently.

Wolf Children:
Great movie is great.

Saw this earlier today, and I don't know if I have a lot to say about it coherently right now (long convention day and all), but I really loved it. The right mix of just about everything. I would have loved to see even more of those character's lives, but what the movie did worked just fine, and the ending was really good. This is definitely the sort of movie you could show to normal people and actually get a decent reception with.

cajunator

Banned
Wolf Children:
Great movie is great.

Saw this earlier today, and I don't know if I have a lot to say about it coherently right now (long convention day and all), but I really loved it. The right mix of just about everything. I would have loved to see even more of those character's lives, but what the movie did worked just fine, and the ending was really good. This is definitely the sort of movie you could show to normal people and actually get a decent reception with.

Incredible movie. Ducky foretold of the Hosodapocalypse but it turned out to be a very memorable movie and one of my favorites.

Jex

It has a whooping 8,1 and 8.5 rating on IMDB and Metacritic respectively. All these people can't be wrong !
And yet they are. I don't know of any critic or writer I respect have anything good to say about that series.

It has about two good episodes and a good OP, I'll give it that much.

Jex

[Parasyte] - 5

xRBX6rb.png

Oh, hey, in the OP his mum is like a parasyte. I guess she's totally going to get killed and become a parasyte.

Well, as the show explicitly showed us in the OP, his mother died and became a parasyte. This might have been slightly unexpected if they didn't spell it out clearly in the OP. Then again, the whole conversation before the parents left seemed to raise some pretty heavy death flags on it's own.

^

And that's why I'm avoiding watching the OPs in shows whose plot progression is of high interest to me. I'm glad I did not see that image. The little I have seen, like the badass Shinichi at the end, isn't much of an issue fortunately.

duckroll

Staff for the new Yoru no Yatterman series is out:

Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Muromi-san)
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Muromi-san)
Character Design: Keisuke Goto
Mecha Design: Akira Amemiya
Animation Production: Tatsunoko Production

It's definitely from the "younger staff at Tatsunoko" as promised, but it's more Team Muromi-san than Team Gatchaman Crowds. Hopefully we'll see a number of the Yozakura animators help out on the series too, instead of just rotting away on Psycho-Pass 2.

The series starts on Tokyo MX in Jan, and will run for 12 episodes.

Moyashimon Returns 04

Oikawa learns a new super move.

Sawaki finally told her then even if she didn't believe him, everybody have to figure out what to do for the harvest festival and Hasegawa gets forced to leave.

StayDead

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 #1

Yup, this is definately my kind of show. I love scifi and this hits the nail on the head of the genre perfectly. I think I'm going to love this.

Erigu

[Parasyte] - 5

xRBX6rb.png

Oh, hey, in the OP his mum is like a parasyte. I guess she's totally going to get killed and become a parasyte.

Well, as the show explicitly showed us in the OP, his mother died and became a parasyte. This might have been slightly unexpected if they didn't spell it out clearly in the OP.
You can tell those are the same guys who worked on Hunter x Hunter...

Jex

[Shirobako] - 5

Maybe, just maybe, 2D and 3D animation can live together in glorious harmony.

Right before 3D animation finishes off 2D animation by whacking it in the back of the head.

slector spread WIXOSS 06

gkAZmMB.jpg

You're the source of the fun right now
So the big secret about Iona has been revealed. Seems she's fallen into one of those situations were you have to be careful what you wish for
or you discover you've basically become the embodiment of everyone's hate, jealously and fear.
Good to see Ru finally getting over her anti-battle stance because honestly such a position is simply unworkable in the situation they've found themselves in. Liking that Akira is crazier and more unstable each and every time you see her showing how easy its been for Uilith to use take advantage of her emotional state and make her think she loves her. Course I'm under the impression she doesn't actually give a shit about Akira and the girl just make the perfect henchmen for her plans, whatever they might be.

Shirobako 05

Feels bad to be Endou. Seems like he's the type of guy who realizes that he is part of a dying craft and wants doesn't really want to accept that 3D is fine as well. No doubt I expect him to come to this revelation as time passes and to finally get off his high horse and help out the rest of the staff instead of also holding up the anime. Also I forget his name, but blonde mohawkish dude is a total douche and I wish all sorts of ill on him in this show.

Yuki Yuna 05

Battle episode and a damn good one at that. I'm enjoying the fact that despite the monster of the week format, that it seems the writers actually made the monsters unique and interesting and actually seem to have a plan of attack rather then them just showing up for the girls to beat the crap out of. With the transformations they did and the outer space battle it sure had a 'Final boss' end of series quality to it despite the fact its still right in the middle. That's fine though, I look forward to more of this show.

Jex

[Chaika S2] - 5

The commander of this secret base might be one of the most incompetent base commanders in anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom