• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donten ni Warau - 06
Raining.jpg

No one is laughing under the clouds anymore
Very emotional buildup this episode. With the brothers running to the execution and the flashbacks of Tenka preparing them to take over the family. Tenka chosing his brothers over Yamainu. The whole town trying to stop the execution.
With 6 episodes left I wonder what it's all going to be about now. Unless this episode was a hoax, that only leaves Mr. Fox now?

Donten ni Warau - 06

No one is laughing under the clouds anymore
Very emotional buildup this episode. With the brothers running to the execution and the flashbacks of Tenka preparing them to take over the family. Tenka chosing his brothers over Yamainu. The whole town trying to stop the execution.
With 6 episodes left I wonder what it's all going to be about now. Unless this episode was a hoax, that only leaves Mr. Fox now?

Dont we need to find who is Orochi? As well as the growth of Sora-nii?

Jex

ANNCast Nov8 Episode - A first episode in their rejigging of the ANNCast format (where now there will be 3 eps a month - one interview show, one Q&A show and one review a single older anime show (The discussion format is Zac, Hope and a guest.)).

Good, so there's more shows that I can skip!

Working!! S2 07

That poor molester.

Inami meets the molester who's only molesting people since he's looking for his sister, Taneshima figures out that Inami isn't a dog, and then Inami and all the other girls dresses up as dogs (except Yamada who dresses as a cat).

Vanadis - 06

The battle between Elen and lourie was fun but way too short ...
WAY too short
Madan%20no%20Ou%20to%20Vanadis%20-%2006_01.jpg
Madan%20no%20Ou%20to%20Vanadis%20-%2006_02.jpg

At least the delivery of this line was ok

Way too short , from memory it seemed that the fight took longer than this ( not enough budget , anime team ? )

As for the rest of the show it's mainly the same problems as before, focusing on the next event without any sort of downtime, at least they implied some events instead of simply removing them..

And where was massass chapter in the city ? argh not going to start complaining about missings chapters in the adaptation again.

Good episode , but it seems vanadis has hit the limit of his budget and time... i wanna hope they kept something for next week but i won't hold my breath much.

Midonin

Cross Ange 06

It was touching... ish? The characters act as bad as the ones in Sabagebu, but without the protective layer of irony that accompanies a comedy, save for the episode previews. I mean, I'm glad Ange has someone she can... trust(?). The show has so many elements that I like - robots, plenty of cute girls, top-class VAs - but then other parts of it just go in odd directions. At least the fluffier, more good-vibe things close off Sundays.

Working!! S2 08

His little sister can't be this cute...

so he asks Taneshima to be his sister. Takanashi isn't the only one with little sister problems in this episode either since that molester guy is back.

Defuser

Cross Ange ep 1
post-29824-r-kelly-wt9yugt.gif

What the hell did I got myself into. Ever since Code Geass, Sunrise has been trying to replicate it's success by throwing mecha + anything to the wall to see whether it sticks but they all sucked. Buddy Complex, Valvrave and now this.

Midonin

Celestial Method 06

Hot springs! It's the kind of hot springs episode that focuses on bonding, in this case, Yuzuki and Nonoka repairing their bonds while Noel and Shione begin to forge theirs. Noel's one of the cutest characters on air this season, and this was no exception. So many close calls where she very nearly met Nonoka, and her excitement with the lottery was a joy to watch. I'm loving the atmosphere of the show, too, as it begins to change seasons and everyone shifts into their winter uniforms.

Twintails 05

You know I couldn't help but notice the gear not only made her tits bigger, which was to be expected, but also made her ass bigger. This is proof the animators know exactly what they are doing.

Amagi 06

Sorry but Seto is dull as dirt. I always give props at attempts to make dull characters more interesting, but this episode failed on all fronts. And this isn't a strike against monotone characters of her kind, but it is possible to give them a few hitches that make them interesting people. Nothing new or different has changed about her nor has the show managed to make her any more interesting. Not to mention she never really revealed anything all that funny after eating that fruit anyway.

Cross Ange 06

Maid was honestly annoying as all hell. I mean the show isn't very good in the first place, but the maid and her antics just felt all sorts of pointless. Got to see more of Ange's ass, so I guess that's something.

Working!! S2 09

Why are you putting up with all this nonsense Sato-kun?
Why am I putting up with all this...

Todoroki gets a cellphone, so now she can tell Sato about how she likes Kyoko while they're not working as well.

Working!! S2 09

Why are you putting up with all this nonsense Sato-kun?
Why am I putting up with all this...

Todoroki gets a cellphone, so now she can tell Sato about how she likes Kyoko while they're not working as well.

wait they are supposed to work ? really ?

Midonin

Wolf Girl 06

I get the feeling that if Kusakabe was the protagonist instead of a side character, the reaction to him would be very different. He's got his own hangs up, but having someone call Kyoya out on his behavior is welcome. Still watching primarily for Erika, Kanae Ito is doing a good job in the role.

Akame Ga Kill 19

Ubiquitous shall be ubiquitous no longer.
That Mine has survived this long is pleasant. She's one of my favorite characters who's still alive. The show's still not quite my cup of tea, but it can be exciting.

duckroll

Nolan's super ambitious space odyssey blockbuster couldn't even beat a Disney cartoon with a robot designed by Shigeto Koyama at the boxoffice. Looks like he's done.

Phatmac

YAY JUSTICE GIRL IS DEAD! I'm still worried that Mine raised a huge death flag by making tatsumi promise that he'll make it out of this battle alive. I doubt they'd kill either off so soon but it's worrying. Otherwise it was a good fight that I honestly thought was over for Mine considering how strong coro and Seryu were. Looks like the show is close to being over for the Jagers which is only more worrying for night raid.

D-Frag 5

Here we go, the real introduction of Funabori, the "perfect wife candidate", also a victim of unconvential "bullying" methods, which is somewhat shared by Takao (minus the wife bit). Granted, Funabori's general appeal has ultimately made me question myself, given things that I wanted from this manga, and how much it pleased me. Although I ended up getting that sorted by reading a different manga that was flat out mean-spirited.

Sean Conecone also appears, and he's a cool motherfucker. What can't he do?

In any case, might as well see how much more Funabori will appear in the show, as that is my driving force right now.

Midonin

Grisaia 06

Yumiko's entire route compressed down to one episode. I'm sure the extended version in the VN does tell more, but I continued to be satisfied with this anime. Not Yuuji necessarily, but the girls and the scenarios are really interesting. And the visuals are pretty striking at points, like the shot of the apple near the start of the episode. Yumiko
faking her own death
is certainly pretty outlandish, but on an emotional level, it worked.

Narag

This new Gundam series have any promise?

No, it's a mess entirely reliant on nostalgia and reference to carry the show along, failing to deliver on the promise of what came before and lacking any potential for turnaround as the show runners continue to indulge themselves on under-developed characters and superfluous side material. Nothing quite embodies how this show is such a shadow of what it should be what with Ral's VA being replaced due to the original being ill.

No, it's a mess entirely reliant on nostalgia and reference to carry the show along, failing to deliver on the promise of what came before and lacking any potential for turnaround as the show runners continue to indulge themselves on under-developed characters and superfluous side material. Nothing quite embodies how this show is such a shadow of what it should be what with Ral's VA being replaced due to the original being ill.

I thought he was asking about G-Reco.

Midonin

Girlfriend Beta 05

The student council takes over the cafeteria, hijinks ensue. And surprise of surprises, we got a guest appearance by Miss Monochrome, who's apparently a student here and getting her batteries as usual with nobody batting an eye. I said it for KanColle earlier in the week, and I say it for here, too. Making the story about the girls, rather than someone who has their attention romantically, gives the show more freedom, more possibilities, and plays to the true strength of casts like this. It's not quite an anthology series, but there's a different group of characters every episode, just within the same location at the same time.

Also, Chloe's still the best.

D-Frag 6

Fun to Bully.

Oh boy,, that one bag fetish dude is back, and there's a competition, giant breasts are dangerous around zippers.

I don't exactly remember if funabori was in the competition, but I doubt it nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom