• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Frag 7

85b951e6ad.jpg

Oh Funabori was in this one. It's like she and Takao are simply oblivious to many things as to how I came to not loathe Takao. I can see why someone would stay for the cow.

D-Frag 8

They remembered UMDs. Why

More reinforcement that Takao is a massive dork to scale with her proportions. Anyway, I like how her mother mocks her other sisters for being flat. Then again, there's not many people with any... boobage anyway. It's almost like looking at Precure

Akame Ga Kill 19

Pretty much awesome and action packed for almost the entire episode

That ending worries me though... are we getting an anime original ending :| that scene they previewed I don't remember happening at this point in the manga.

Edit: Double checked the manga and yeah this has gone full on filler ending :/ DAMN IT
86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

Another Claymore ending incoming.

Well I'm not about to argue that these films are brilliantly written, but sci-fi can be just as much about the visual wonder, world building, and cinematography as it is about the main plot and writing. So I guess it could be argued if he holds writing way above everything else.

Tribe Cool Crew Episode 6
B2CZMKFIAAIyrHh.png

MAXIMUM MOVES!!!!1 Already rewatch Haneru and Kanon dance lots of times but it just doesnt get old. When he starts jumping its all incredible.

And Kumo, Kumo was fantastic,

StayDead

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 #24

I'm saving the last two until tomorrow. This really has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me, mostly ending with me fistpumping the air but I've loved this series so much. I'm glad the other day a figure made me want to watch it finally and I'm so glad I've seen it.

This has certainly propelled into my top 10, nay top 5 shows of all time.

Soulflarz

Banned
'Space' sci-fi might not be for you then. Well based on my limited knowledge of you lol.

Well I was indiff to gravity. Yeah, it didnt jump out at me. My issues with interstellar had nothing to do with the space aspect or anything like that, but just the stupid
explanation once we hit the black hole wasnt worth me saying it was as good anymore, turning it into an okay movie instead of a good one.

Akame ga Kill 19

Episode I've been waiting for. As a character, Justice is pretty hit or miss, but damn is it hard to hate that bombastic fighting style.

The fuck is going on next episode? It doesn't happen in the manga like that.

Jarmel

Banned
Gravity is more consistent quality wise but Interstellar's peaks shit all over the highs in Gravity.

Also McConaughey>>>Bullock.

Akame ga Kill 19

Episode I've been waiting for. As a character, Justice is pretty hit or miss, but damn is it hard to hate that bombastic fighting style.

The fuck is going on next episode? It doesn't happen in the manga like that.

Considering the massive rewrites with the assassination attempt on Bollick we're getting a filler ending confirmed :/

SAO S2 18

Oh god please tell me the Mother's Rosario arc isn't this boring the whole way though. This was 70% exposition about a new character in the most boring way possible and 30% "remember when we lived in that house in SAO, it was the first time I had a real home/family" and I wanted to DIE

Edit: *looks up spoilers for Mother's Rosario arc*

1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

Oh my god SAO plz

Grisaia no kajitsu - 06

This was a nice episode..i guess that was the most you could do whern you're adapting things at this pace

probably the best grisaia episode yet

Clov

Durability and uniformity in my collection.
Also space saving.

Well, I guess the format has those advantages too. Personally I always buy Blu-Ray when I can because I want to have my anime in the best possible quality, but there's all sorts of advantages, really.

Xeteh

Akame Ga Kill 19

Pretty much awesome and action packed for almost the entire episode

That ending worries me though... are we getting an anime original ending :| that scene they previewed I don't remember happening at this point in the manga.

Edit: Double checked the manga and yeah this has gone full on filler ending :/ DAMN IT

I guess I'll have to read the manga. I just got in to Akame Ga Kill a week or so ago and really enjoyed it, watched 19 today and thought it was decent but it sounds like they're taking it in a different direction. I'll keep watching, maybe I should hold off on the manga so that I'm not disappointed by the anime.

survivor

Banned
prestige > memento > inception > either of the first two batman movies > half hour of dark knight rises I watched with no sound at a pizza store

D-Frag 10

I wonder if this will be a three parter or not, since it'll end off on an arc, and not a "Teaser" finale of sorts.

Anywho, Tama is here, alongside with Pukey. Servicable adaptation to say the least, even if the colors bug me slightly. Trying to remember if there's enough material for a second season, unless it bombed.

Terraformars 7

Watching the one Terraformar trip out on acid was hilarious, easily one of the greatest scenes in shonen horror history. Speaking of that this series has pretty much just gone full on shonen at this point with nothing but fights and power up explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom