• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso 5
That animation bump. Seriously, everything look so freaking gorgeous.
I don't mind the melodrama bit.

Psycho Pass2 5
Stockholm syndrome, and a shit load of dead due to videogame.
Still the best
Opening and ending song, that is

Has there been any good shows, recently? I've been itching to try something new.

The more I watch of the season the more I'm convinced that the only two shows I look forward to on a week to week basis are Rage of Bahamut and Parasyte. Many here are also enjoying Shirobako or w/e it's callled.

Anyone know which manga chapter Akame ga kill ends on after episode 19? Don't wanna deal with a filler anime ending.

Chapter 38, also to note part of 19 itself was filler or changed from the manga so in a few chapters when you see the dinner scene again don't get confused they just moved it in the anime for some weird reason.

Firemind

I'm watching the Parasyte OP to see what the big fuss is about and people actually prefer this vocal processing garbage over Bahamut's OP? Ow my ears.

Anime fans have bad taste in music confirmed.

Has there been any good shows, recently? I've been itching to try something new.

Shirobako is the best from the current season.

Parasyte is also really good. So is Rage of Bahamut: Genesis.

Your Lie in April is very well made, and I'm enjoying the story quite a bit, but it won't necessarily appeal to everyone. If a mixture of music playing and fairly heavy drama appeals to you, check it out.

Gundam: Reconguista in G is saving anime. Not streaming in the US, but the master himself has returned to fix anime and bring an end to the current age. If you've seen Tomino shows before, you know what you're getting into. If not, buckle up and enjoy the wildest ride of your life.

Taruranto

G Reconquista #7

WRK4Pfw.jpg

WAT

is going on in this anime.

Finalow

I'm watching the Parasyte OP to see what the big fuss is about and people actually prefer this vocal processing garbage over Bahamut's OP? Ow my ears.

after listening to them each episode since the first one I actually think that the Parasyte OP *the music* isn't too bad, not as bad as Bahamut's OP at least.

G Reconquista #7

WAT

is going on in this anime.
It's tomino special sauce.

What are you talking about Parasyte's Opening is catchy and actually fits the series, but Bahamut's on the other hand doesn't.

Nudull

Banned
Shirobako is the best from the current season.

Parasyte is also really good. So is Rage of Bahamut: Genesis.

Your Lie in April is very well made, and I'm enjoying the story quite a bit, but it won't necessarily appeal to everyone. If a mixture of music playing and fairly heavy drama appeals to you, check it out.

Gundam: Reconguista in G is saving anime. Not streaming in the US, but the master himself has returned to fix anime and bring an end to the current age. If you've seen Tomino shows before, you know what you're getting into. If not, buckle up and enjoy the wildest ride of your life.

I'm shocked that Gundam's audience managed to survive past Age.

Also, seven minutes into Shirobako's first episode and I am already hooked. :eek:

Firemind

What are you talking about Parasyte's Opening is catchy and actually fits the series, but Bahamut's on the other hand doesn't.
I'm talking about the music, not whether it fits the show or not. The vocals of the former is unbearable, especially at the one minute mark, while the latter is at least inoffensive.

D-Frag 11-12 END

And everyone got suspended for their shit.

Shiiiit, it still felt like it was going to keep going! I mean, there's the OVA, but still D:

Enjoyed it regardless.

I'm shocked that Gundam's audience managed to survive past Age.

Also, seven minutes into Shirobako's first episode and I am already hooked. :eek:

Age? Never heard of such a show. Pretty sure the last regular Gundam series that aired was Destiny. Lalalalalala.

Glad you're already hooked on Shirobako. It starts great and keeps it up over every episode so far.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 5:
I can just imagine the school janitors going "Oh, come on!" when they come in the next morning.

Rin takes being a tsundere to a whole new level. The fights are very pretty, but Shirou is so clueless over the majority of the episode. Definitely an improvement over the previous episode, but Shirou is certainly dragging the show down a fair amount. I'm still finding the story somewhat enjoyable, but we're nowhere near Zero levels.

D-Frag OVA

If there's one thing I'm fine with, it was Sakura getting more attention, considering she was the kind of there person....

Actually no, I'm wrong. It's the club advisor that is just there.
Little Sister Element when?

I feel like an idiot though. I never ever thought that Takao's mom was the one that saved them. I knew that she was the opponent they were gunning against, but I must've had a lapse of judgment back when I was reading it.

Girl Friend BETA 05

How the hell is this girl the President is right. She must be spiking the tea. And what kind of group of co-workers all go to visit Easter Island on the same plane at the same time?

Sora no Method 05

Cute onsen episode to deepen friendships. Best part of the episode were the parts where Shione and Noel were the focus, also get this whole big sisterly vibe from Shione whenever she's dealing with Noel rather than an old friend vibe like the others.

Mature

Shirobako 5

I really hate that assistant guy. Why do inept people like him and the Director still have jobs?
Whoa, whoa. The director made Full-Naked Hypnotist, Nectar & Clover, AND Grief in the Shell. The Naked Hypnotist, Honey and Clovers, and Long Distance Riot Police.

Detective Conan 344:
That post-credits scene with Ran finding the photos in Jodie's bathroom sends chills down my spine. It's finally time.

It's nice to see Ran being pretty smart here and actually solving things on her own. It's a very different feel for the series, with Conan only having a very small role in the episode and being away from the action. Ran had so much promise back at this point in time.

Shirobako 5

I really hate that assistant guy. Why do inept people like him and the Director still have jobs?

The director is amazing. Sure, he might be indecisive and he's taking a long time to complete his work, but he has real passion for making anime, and he clearly has a lot of talent. It doesn't excuse his flakiness with the storyboards, but he's not inept. Tarou is a different story. He's a complete piece of shit.

Sora no Method - 6

Not a bad episode.

Sora no Method 05
Cute onsen episode to deepen friendships. Best part of the episode were the parts where Shione and Noel were the focus, also get this whole big sisterly vibe from Shione whenever she's dealing with Noel rather than an old friend vibe like the others.

Pretty much this. It's a great change of pace from the really cold demeanour she had for the first few episodes, and while she still has that, the fact remains that Noel is pretty much nullifying it for the most part whenever they're together.

You know, this show kind of reminds me of Ano Hana in a way, what with all the kids being friends in the past and stuff, and there's a young cheerful girl who'll end up bringing them all together again, is really good friends with the main character, etc.

The difference, and perhaps what I think it does better than Ano Hana, is unlike in that show
(At least until like, episode 8)
, Noel can actually communicate with everyone, not just Nonoka. So seeing her interact with the other cast members really adds some balance to the show, and alleviates a lot of the show's drama and replaces it with cute, upbeat charm.

...To an extent. There's still quite a bit of drama to go around, but if the show can keep the positive tone it's been going with in this episode for the later ones, things will certainly look good for it. So yeah, I hope the show can keep up the positivity.

santeesioux

Funimation is having a $55 subscription fee sale, is it worth it if you already subscribe to Crunchyroll? I'm leaning towards no right now.

Clov

My life has been leading up to this release.

Blu-Rays I'll probably never get to own:
-Beautiful Dreamer
-Patlabor 2
-Macross Plus
-Memories
-SoreMachi

Beautiful Dreamer: You never know with companies like Discotek around!
Patlabor 2: Maiden Japan has been releasing lots of Patlabor stuff on Blu-Ray. Likely to come over at some point.
Macross Plus: This is true! We more than likely will never, ever get this over here.
Memories: A long shot for sure, but not impossible. It's just had a BD release announced in Austrailia, even.
SoreMachi: Sentai loves to randomly upgrade DVD-only titles to BD. Very possible!

It's not hopeless!

Objective Review of From the New World's Dub based on Episode 1:
This is an English dub of From the New World. Characters are now voiced by actors who speak English. The dialogue roughly matches the original Japanese dialogue in most instances. All actors appear to be native English speakers. Some names are pronounced correctly.

Main cast ranked in terms of competence: Shun>Saki>Mamoru>Maria>Satoru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom