• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

That sounds really great. Western tv has proven to us that the key of making scummy characters that are likable is to make them really good at their job but also have an unsuccessful marriage and/or cheat on their wives. In fact this is HBO's gold mine. Anime needs to do it.

Maou-sama should have slept with the manager of MgRonalds.

How is Kara no kyokai?

I am able to borrow the series from a friend of mine. I heard it's pretty confusing and if I watch it, I have to devote a lot of time to it. I already have other shows I'm currently watching, but I can put those on the back burner and run through the movies during my weekend.

Clov

How is Kara no kyokai?

I am able to borrow the series from a friend of mine. I heard it's pretty confusing and if I watch it, I have to devote a lot of time to it. I already have other shows I'm currently watching, but I can put those on the back burner and run through the movies during my weekend.

You'll enjoy it if you like Type-Moon stuff. Otherwise you might feel a bit lost. The fifth movie is really great, at least.

Eiken 1-2

7cArjEP.jpg

GOY478w.jpg

Clov

Edit: Wow, wrong thread.

To turn this post into something meaningful; it seems that Sentai's two announcements were both licensed from TV Tokyo. I think NISA works a lot with them. I wonder if Sentai's going to be grabbing more of their properties from now on?

Well you're in luck because there is a show to cater to your extremely specific tastes!
But it's space pirates. And I don't know if it's any good.
I think it's called Bodacious Space Pirates

Hmm, yeah I've heard of that before. Space might be cool but I'd prefer on the sea. I may check it out, thanks.

-

Garo - 07

I welcome the black knight because he may be somewhat of a challenge for our boys. Up until now they've sliced and diced their enemies with relative ease.
I didnt care much for the latter part of the episode, everything went by so fast. Who's pepe? You're pepe! Pepe! He's not Pepe? Oh there's the real Pepe! Oh shit Pepe is a horror! Pepe is kill! Werewolf!
Next episode looks promising

Eiken 1-2

From Wikipedia:

Eiken received crushing criticism in the United States. It has been accused of being "obscene" and "lacking substance".

On a separate note, I've already given up on Hulu. Apparently I have a Funimation subscription even though I don't think I'm paying for it given the debit card I had at the time my account apparently started has been canceled for a couple months now.

Puruzi

Banned
Started reading Shokugeki no Soma.
Soma is OP as fuck jesus. Who makes food so good that anyone who eats it has a literal orgasm. Like what
Can't wait for the anime to come out.

Terraformars 8

Poor Adolf, I didn't care for him much until this episode, but by the end I really felt for the guy. Hopefully this episode wasn't just a massive death flag for him :/ The final dagger was at the end of the flashback when
he found out the child wasn't his
was pretty much more brutal then any of the deaths the series has shown.

Argevollen 19

Sex as a death flag, another check on the proverbial "average mech series 101" though I am glad the vice commander got what she wanted even if I'm no totally convinced the commander was into it. On the other hand the romance between the two MCs continues to kind of move in a very awkward way which makes it hard to tell if the series is actually trying to romantically pair the two or just make them friends.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That sounds really great. Western tv has proven to us that the key of making scummy characters that are likable is to make them really good at their job but also have an unsuccessful marriage and/or cheat on their wives. In fact this is HBO's gold mine. Anime needs to do it.
Feeling the impending death of her loveless marriage, Mayaka seduces Oreki and has awkward sex with him before he starts yelling at her and kicks her out of his shitty apartment.

Baoh

So, this guy turns blue and fights somebody who'd probably be played by Billy Drago in a live action movie, Terminator and T. Hawk from Street Fighter. There's a girl who has psychic powers, gets bitch slapped and called.. well... a bitch and gets rescued by the blue guy when he bleeds on her. It also got a dog fighting a tiger, melting heads and lots of lasers.

Oh, and there's a story, but who cares about that? It's violent 80s action with a really bad dub.

Worth a watch. I give it 2.5/5 useless escape pods:
XjXHKAo.png
XjXHKAo.png
dKND8fI.png
iRrZQox.png
iRrZQox.png

Sailor Moon R 3

"I love you brother" "I love you sister" "we must not let people find out about our true identities"

Wait why even bother mingling with humans if there is a risk you could be discovered? Why not just stay with the doom tree and send out monsters to get energy? Or go out in your alien form and steal energy that way? Better question if you two love each other so much why in the next scene are both of you so badly going after Usagi and Mamoru? Seriously do you two love each or not? If you are both this horny why not just invite them both for an orgy?

Also what the heck kind of study guide is this for a math test?

pjoxdSo.png

The first couple of problems look like things I'd expect a middle schooler to work on, but then you randomly have the elementary school problems in there. Also during the montage I'm pretty sure I saw some high school level problems. Is math taught differently in Japan or is Sailor Moon simply in limbo?

Also I do like how in 1993 Sailor Moon was modern enough to make fun of Disco. That's the kind of joke I'd expect in a 2000's era anime not an early 1990s one.

The episode sucked by the way

Clov

According to Sentai's twitter, they have two more announcements for Monday. No idea what to expect, other than that it's probably something from at least a year ago given their other announcements.

Terraformars Episode 8

As a manga reader I have nothing to comment on beyond that the song in the ED was great. It felt like one of those aged songs used in sci fi movies and shows of years past.

Future Card Buddyfight! Episode 45 (engDub)

Gao Mikado seems to get more firey and more explosive with every deck BAKs makes for him. I loved this Explosive Dragon Fang deck built around that Australian accented Boomerang Dragon. Really made it fun.

Since a tournament arc is incoming, the anime must be continuing into next year too. Im hyped.

Gazoinks

How is Kara no kyokai?

I watched the first 3 movies and thought they were all pretty poor, but a lot of people like them so maybe go for it anyway? :p

You definitely want to devote time to it, though. The movies aren't in chronological order so it'd probably be easy to forget stuff if you space the movies out too much.

Sailor Moon R 4

Well this was slightly better then the last episode, but it's still pretty mediocre. The best part by far is when Moonlight Knight shows up, does the most bad ass finishing move... that does absolutely nothing and gets his stupid ass captured. Apparently the more you try as a male good guy in this series the less effective you are.

I watched the first 3 movies and thought they were all pretty poor, but a lot of people like them so maybe go for it anyway? :p

You definitely want to devote time to it, though. The movies aren't in chronological order so it'd probably be easy to forget stuff if you space the movies out too much.

The movies seem interesting enough, might just binge watch them tomorrow since I have nothing going on. Is it wrong if I mix it up to watch them chronologically?

Twintails 6
So the President was an exhibitionist and the secret to unlocking her power was shedding her armor and turning it into a weapon

Mothman91

My friend is watching Tokyo Ghoul...

If I remember correctly, I think most of you all said it doesn't do the manga justice.

How do I convince him to drop it and pick up the manga?

cajunator

Banned
I'm struggling to think of any anime in years I've seen less discussion of in these threads than that Goro Miyazaki show. Is anyone even watching it?

Ever since Tales of EarthSea I havent had the courage to watch anything by Goro. I should get over tham. Im sure he has improved.

Media Blasters is still around? I could have sworn it didn't since I still don't have Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito.

Im not sure but yeah that and the Ben-To non release have me kinda miffed presently.
Companies making promises and breaking hearts.

you lie in april is the only anime I have managed to stay caught up with this season.... freaken work has me there nearly every day a week until late so I don't have time to watch stuff with the wife... and the little free time I do have with her has mostly been dedicated to the binding of isaac rebirth...

it does make me sad that no one seems to be talking about Magic Kaito 1412 though :(

I do need to catch up on parasyte and bahamut though.... the rest of the shows this season will likely fade into wait until dubbed categories for me.

I dont have family like that but I do know what the lack of free time feels like. At least I have 14 days off though a month which is more than can be said for many people.

Someone seems upset.

To be fair, he's usually upset at something or other.

That's what happens when you only have 3 days off in the last month ><;

MAn thats rough :(

Yuki Yuna is a Hero 06
Jesus CHRIST I'm afraid for the girls. It'll be fucked up if they lose those things.
Yuna and Karin must be a thing also.

Twintails 06
Erina is the absolute best.

One show makes me nervous as hell, the other makes me ridiculously happy.

About that.

They actually never reveal her name for the entirety of the show. One of the few things I really didn't like about it and was overall really pointless. I guess it's just there for the sake of speculation or something, but I don't know. Either way, they never reveal her real name. I know. It's stupid.

You have no idea.

Such a shame that this is all the stuff I hear about Kyoani nowadays. I haven't seen too many shows from them, but man would I be upset if a studio I really liked started doing this kind of thing. This is the kind of stuff people look at and say: "These guys made great anime before?!?"

My Hyouka for Gundam Build Fighters offer is still up you know. ;)

Honestly, KyoAni before K-On was just seen as a company that adapted Key stuff. It wasnt until K-On and Haruhi that anyone even cared about them as a studio and after that they pretty much coasted on the popularity of those two until the money started running thin again.They were never a company with a huge portfolio of quality.

Wixoss 2 7
So the characters are looking with each episode, except Iona, who seems a bit better now and Ru, who hasn't improved and didn't really do stupid stuff this episode. Almost seems like a competition to be the worst character at this point

Hugstable

Banned
Baoh

So, this guy turns blue and fights somebody who'd probably be played by Billy Drago in a live action movie, Terminator and T. Hawk from Street Fighter. There's a girl who has psychic powers, gets bitch slapped and called.. well... a bitch and gets rescued by the blue guy when he bleeds on her. It also got a dog fighting a tiger, melting heads and lots of lasers.

Oh, and there's a story, but who cares about that? It's violent 80s action with a really bad dub.

Worth a watch. I give it 2.5/5 useless escape pods:
XjXHKAo.png
XjXHKAo.png
dKND8fI.png
iRrZQox.png
iRrZQox.png

You forgot about the constant Baoh! Everything is Baoh and Baoh is everything. BAOH BAOH BAOH BAOH BAOH BAOH

My god... what did we watch today o_O

Crocodile

Agree or Disagree: Steven Universe is the only American cartoon on the air besides Korra that ascribes to the "sakuga" tradition (am I misusing the term? Like I kind of know what it means but I'm not sure if I can express it well).

I may be watching the wrong shows (and I'm talking about TV series not specials or mini-series like Over the Garden Wall) but it feels like the vast majority of American animation right now is very competent but not particularly "expressive". Very little "yo GODDAMN!" moments that talented key animators are allowed to let rip occasionally even in lower budget anime. Some of the cuts in the most recent Steven Universe episode really stood out to me and its not the first time that show has impressed me in that regard.

tumblr_nf0e1axZYI1rcmzqeo4_500.gif

By Jeff Liu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom