• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
WataMote 07

NJEFnoh.jpg

Red is noises.

At least Tomoko plugged her headphones in. Just too bad it was into the wrong port...

Midonin

selector spread WIXOSS 07

That was an eventful episode. Tama and Ruko finally have their destined battle. The actual card stuff isn't important, it's the battle between former friends. Lots of revelations in this episode. Like that Ulith is more sadistic than anyone could've expected. Or that
Mayu is Iona and Tama's mother.
Can't say I saw that one coming. Of all the episodes thus far, this one felt quite a bit like M3's later episodes in just how bleak everything was getting. I still want to believe there's hope.

Clov

Nobody who likes Pizza Hut is best at anything.

I know it's greasy and terrible, but it's great to have when you're drinking. Just like McDonalds! Plus, I don't know any other place that lets me put alfredo sauce instead of tomato sauce. It sounds strange, but it's good.

On that note, I remember when Code Geass was airing I ended up going to Pizza Hut more. The product placement worked in my case!

cajunator

Banned
watch a dub over a sub.

My brain is confused.

in this case, dont be! Also if you ever watch Desert Punk, watch that dubbed too.

Shirabako will end prematurely in episode 9 when Aoi dies in a car crash :(

This would make me so sad and angry I would never watch the rest.
Luckily it wouldnt happen.

Sentai has licensed Student Council's Discretion (Seitokai no Ichizon)

Ive heard of this but the art looks really forgettable. any good?

I watched the dub.

Both were good.

The 5th episode was the best.

Indeed so. Just wait until they tie it all together at the end!

Princess Tutu 2:
Don't give up, Ahiru!

This show is already getting into some pretty interesting meta-fictional territory, with the idea of stories coming to life and characters coming out of stories. I also like it as a simple explanation for how Ahiru's life could have suddenly just become like this. It's the start of the story, so there isn't any need to worry about what happened before, because it's irrelevant.

I didn't think I'd ever really find dancing interesting, but this show is executing it very well and making the movements very interesting to watch, as well as having some great music to accompany it.

This show is so unique. A real treat. I envy you.

TWINTAILS - 06

Accept your twintails !

Twintails are your friend!

Twintails are your companions !

Let your faith in twintails guide you !!

*bow*

This anime is magnificent , the way it plays with hopes and expectations to produce something even more awesome is quite impressive

"Tail on!"

Can't believe tuearle used a locker as a teleporting device...

I called it AOTY since the beginning! Good to see that people agree :)

Yuki Yuna YUUSHA OH! YU YU YU YU YUUUUUUKI YUUUUUNA! - 5

HIKARI NI......NAAAAAAAAAAAAAREEEEEE!

Seriously, what a battle! That was like, final-boss levels of action here!

The only way it could possibly top this would be for it to go all Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and
throw galaxies at giant evil space monstrosities.

So hot blooded. It reminds me of Nanoha sometimes. If Im watching magical girls fighting monsters I want to see some major fireworks.
Thats the best part of it!

I thought the bd was flawless and the dvd was problematic?

Hell no the BD isnt flawless. But its not nearly as bad as I feared. At least not that I can see.

Gundam: Reconguista in G 8:
That scene with the guy sliding down the G-Self was hilarious.

The end of this episode has quite a bit of information coming out. I guess the motivations of the Amerian side are starting to come to the forefront more. There's definitely a lot of misinformation being spread by the Capital Army and their allies.

This show continues to just be a completely unique and enjoyable viewing experience. Where else on television are you going to get this? Chuchumy!

Wow, they give no fucks. Viz is really the worst licensing company for anime.

I told yall they were shit! Only a shit company like Viz could mess up the Full Moon release. Released 7 discs then pulled it. I am still furious.

Midonin

Garo -Seal of Flames- 07

Leon, you is a wurwelf. Or not. Temporary identity crisis after a loss, but you can't keep the Golden Knight down for that long. Bit of a Pied Piper thing going on this episode. The show's really using its European setting to maximum effect - I'm curious to see how the toku series implements these elements when I get around to watching it. And... next week looks to have manservice of the wazoo.

e_i

Denki-gai no Honya-san episode 7

The Attack on Uncle parody is truly terrifying. Even more than the show it's parodying.

Clov

A lot of people here really seem to like YuYuYu. If it really is something like Nanoha, I'll have to give it a watch once the semester is over.

I know it's greasy and terrible, but it's great to have when you're drinking. Just like McDonalds! Plus, I don't know any other place that lets me put alfredo sauce instead of tomato sauce. It sounds strange, but it's good.

On that note, I remember when Code Geass was airing I ended up going to Pizza Hut more. The product placement worked in my case!

This was so me, I'd have Pizza Hut so often during the airing of this show.

Also, Alfredo sauce on pizza? Hmmmm... Tempting

Terra Formars - 08

This was basically a small display of Adolfs power and alot of backstory. Being Adolf is suffering. I like him though, and Isabella seems like she can pack a punch too.
I kinda expected him to be an "electric eel" with all the lightning, so the reveal wasnt that surprising to me. It ended rather lackluster with Adolf getting pissed off so next episode will probably be very shocking.
I'm surprised how many neat characters there are in this show

Garo 7

I'm quickly losing interest in this show. Seems like every episode they introduce somebody new. Is this a 1 or 2 cour show? Because if it's a 1 cour and they keep introducing major players this late into the series...

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Garo 7

I'm quickly losing interest in this show. Seems like every episode they introduce somebody new. Is this a 1 or 2 cour show? Because if it's a 1 cour and they keep introducing major players this late into the series...

Fairly certain it's 2 cour, It's an advertisement for the merchanidise and toku in general.

Himemiya

How is the Goro Miyazaki anime? Is anyone watching it?

I'm caught up on Ronja the Robber's Daughter but I don't post here, funny how that works out. It's a really pleasant show. First 2 eps are Ronja growing up; They're slow but establish how everyone in this show is a family, and they're really charming characters. It reminds me of Disney Pixar's Brave, and Wolf Children. She learns things about the world on her own, which is how the kid's show moral-teaching happens. Later she has to come to terms with questionable things her family does. Very little action or conflict until recently. Lots of child-like fun running/swimming/exploring in the forest although now there is some internal castle drama. Art-wise I like the backgrounds and also think the CG is well done. First PV made it look horrible but watch even 8 minutes of the first ep and find it's quite expressive and looks good in motion and with voices. One of the most relaxing anime lately and more people here should watch it if they like what I've described.

Syrinx

Code Geass 13

C.C.'s best scene so far. Giving that dose of reality to Lelouch after he was getting all hesitant after killing Shirley's father. He's killed so many people thus far but now is getting emotional just cause one of them was close to a friend of his? That ain't how this works, buddy. Everybody who dies leaves people grieving behind them. Shirley's no different. On that note, why the hell do they wear their school uniforms to a funeral?

Shirley seems to know now that Lelouch is Zero. Oh boy. Gonna get uuuuuuugly. If he weren't injured he could just use Geass to make her forget. But this show seems to be going in a different direction.

New OP and ED aren't very good. Old ones were better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I stopped watching Amagi Brilliant Fart (good one Woof) when I noticed it wasn't going to be about managing the park effectively but about magic and character interaction. I don't give a shit that you want to have an Indiana Jones adventure with your giant breast short skirt wearing waifu. I wanted to watch you manage a park in a cold but calculating manner dammit.

The show you apparently wanted to watch sounds boring as hell, to be honest. Trust me, you don't actually want every show to be Shirobako, even if you think you do.

Jarmel

Banned
Why do you say that? Too much work? Soul Eater not popular enough to be worth it?

Few reasons

1.Soul Eater is less popular than FMA.
2.Brotherhood sales were down compared to the original FMA.
3.The staff would run into the same problems creatively in that they would have to do a rush through the stuff covered in the first anime.

It might happen but it sure as hell isn't likely.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why wouldn't they? If you're stupid enough to make the mistake the first time, you're stupid enough to make it the second time.
People are supposed to learn from their mistakes. :(

Ah, I wondered if you had seen this yet. I think the only one I saw for sure was icarus. Hm, I don't remember what my first movie was.
Oh man, I wouldn't be surprised if icarus had watched it many times. lol
I might have to give this a listen later. I wasn't really paying attention to Assassins Creed but had heard it had some bugs and now I've started to see some weird pictures of how the character models are messed up.
It's hilariously aggressive on Zac's part, which makes the rest of the podcast kind of hilarious since it shifts to the community manager talking about how she cried at the end of Bleach because it was her dream to work on Bleach as a professional. An odd shift of tone, needless to say.

I still think the first/original Japanese version is good and worth watching but unless Crystal really turns things around you don't really have to watch Crystal if you don't want.
It's too bad. And it's not even like Star Trek where I hate the revival and it killed any interest I had in the franchise outside of fan films. I'm just so indifferent to it.
That could be part of it but it looked like a lot of people didn't even realize it was airing. Two or three episodes had already aired and were subbed even. Some commented that that kind of says something about the show as well. Amagi and G-Reco are in the same position but a lot of people were waiting for the first episodes there.
I think Amagi and G-Reco have built in audiences though, for what that's worth. Goro's show is all CG and is based on a novel that people (myself included) had never read, let alone heard of. I would put it up there with the World Masterpiece anime... assuming they even still make those.
(I don't think anyone has subbed Akage no Anne yet, come to think of it).

I was like some people in that I was actually interested in the show but due to its long staggered release, I didn't start watching it until the second last Blu-ray volume or so was out. At least it won Aoty. ;p
I like that some people seem to be bitter that it stole #1. lol

Oh, really? Yeah, I imagine that would,haha. I watched the first part of the movie one day and then the rest the next day. Did they give a bit of a break at the theater?
You know, I can't remember if there was a built in intermission or if they just rolled in to the next part. The only time I can explicitly remember an intermission at a movie theater was the Branaugh version of Hamlet... which I'm sure the theater managers must have hated.

Wasnt my pick for Rin but Ill take it.
Haru going to sound great.
Man, not that I know anything about dub actors, but I'd almost imagine this is where you'd pay for Nolan North and Troy Baker so that fangirls can imagine the two of them making out or whatever.

tbh anyone watching korra past s1 deserves everything they get

yes even that shitty platinum game

S1 of Korra was okay, definitely not good but okay, but S2 was so bad I dropped it on the 3rd episode and haven't been convinced it's worthwhile since

This got me an urge for cute girls doing pirate stuff.

Well you're in luck because there is a show to cater to your extremely specific tastes!
But it's space pirates. And I don't know if it's any good.
I think it's called Bodacious Space Pirates

Why do you say that? Too much work? Soul Eater not popular enough to be worth it?

Few reasons

1.Soul Eater is less popular than FMA.
2.Brotherhood sales were down compared to the original FMA.
3.The staff would run into the same problems creatively in that they would have to do arush through the stuff covered in the first anime.

It might happen but it sure as hell isn't likely.

I'm not sure if I'd even want a Soul Eater Brotherhood, the stuff past where they stopped isn't great in a lot of places (but that Book arc was cool) and the ending is almost just as ass as the original one, the entire last arc was pretty bad in general.

Jex

What's wrong with the last 2 adaptations? I enjoyed the early 'episodes', and was aware of animation studio problems that caused delay I believe?

Well the last two episodes were made by those venerable studios, Graphinica, Kelmadick.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Code Geass 13

C.C.'s best scene so far. Giving that dose of reality to Lelouch after he was getting all hesitant after killing Shirley's father. He's killed so many people thus far but now is getting emotional just cause one of them was close to a friend of his? That ain't how this works, buddy. Everybody who dies leaves people grieving behind them. Shirley's no different. On that note, why the hell do they wear their school uniforms to a funeral?

Shirley seems to know now that Lelouch is Zero. Oh boy. Gonna get uuuuuuugly. If he weren't injured he could just use Geass to make her forget. But this show seems to be going in a different direction.

New OP and ED aren't very good. Old ones were better.
You'll get use to the new OP. I found it better than the first.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'd rather roller coaster tycoon over another show about magic and waifus

I can't wait until Shokugeki no Soma starts airing so people can complain the show isn't exactly like Iron Chef.

I guarantee you someone will make that complaint in some form when that show starts to air.

I can't wait until Shokugeki no Soma starts airing so people can complain the show isn't exactly like Iron Chef.

lol

Regardless I dropped the show when I realized it wasn't going to be what I wanted. I fell for the hype of certain members here about the author and director. Should've listened to those posting the manga [?] impressions.

I guarantee you someone will make that complaint in some form when that show starts to air.
There are dumb nerds who complain about K-on not being (more) about music so anything's possible.

Jarmel

Banned

Oh fuck, I kinda want that now.

Give me a Cutthroat Kitchen anime.

Himemiya

Well you're in luck because there is a show to cater to your extremely specific tastes!
But it's space pirates. And I don't know if it's any good.
I think it's called Bodacious Space Pirates

It's good!

I was thinking about reccing this show too but you get half pirating...and half fancy all-girls school yacht club sporting when you watch it. More than enough stereotypical pirate entertainment though.

fertygo

No, the real complaint is thing that everyone hyped for is only show where waifu goes naked after eating food.

Angry Grimace

No, the real complaint is thing that everyone hyped for is only show where waifu goes naked after eating food.

Husbandos go naked after eating food also. (And in Isshiki's case, go naked in general)

This is Hyouka 20 years in the future, where Oreki goes deep undercover and talks about time being a flat circle after his marriage with Chitanda falls apart while Satoshi is cheating on Mayaka with that girl from the manga club.

That sounds really great. Western tv has proven to us that the key of making scummy characters that are likable is to make them really good at their job but also have an unsuccessful marriage and/or cheat on their wives. In fact this is HBO's gold mine. Anime needs to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom