• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akame ga kill - 20

i don't have the words for how BAD it was

Anime only arc/endings sucks , especially when they destroy a good source material

Budou had a voice but his mouth wasn't moving , and they gave lubbock such a stupid fight /end i don't have the words ...

if you like the manga , ABORT your viewing ... They killed the potential for a good arc while skipping all the good stuff

THIS IS HORRIBLE

A screenshot must do, otherwise I'd get banned I'm afraid. e: The fucking noises she makes...the fuck.
Those noises were my ringtone when railgun S was airing *.... i have no regrets

I'm guessing it'll be its own thing since the anime is still airing.
Most of the material is in a cross promotion state ( including the books/anime/games) there is a big chance , everything will be related/complement the other

Jarmel

Banned
Sword Art Online 2-19

Goddamn I'm glad I was never born into a stuck up family like that. That said, I've never met a rich family like that. Even the ultra rich ones aren't anywhere near as bad as portrayed in this. With how often it's portrayed in anime, is this a culture thing?

I know Tiger Moms exist everywhere and across all spectrums but anime really portrays it as a rich family thing.

fertygo

Sword Art Online 2-19

Goddamn I'm glad I was never born into a stuck up family like that. That said, I've never met a rich family like that. Even the ultra rich ones aren't anywhere near as bad as portrayed in this. With how often it's portrayed in anime, is this a culture thing?

I know Tiger Moms exist everywhere and across all spectrums but anime really portrays it as a rich family thing.

This more like poor/middle class thing as I know in my country culture as well, not the rich lol

That being said its a basic trope in shitty soap opera everywhere.

dan2026

Don't you just hate it when you recognise a voice in something, but you can't for the life of you remember where you know it from?

Those noises were my ringtone when railgun S was airing *.... i have no regrets

Most of the material is in a cross promotion state ( including the books/anime/games) there is a big chance , everything will be related/complement the other

Yeah, that's what I meant. Really interested to see where they go with all of this.

Sword Art Online 2-19

I don't know if their argument is that it's also a political power and a japanese household.

Jarmel

Banned
I should also mention the animation in SAO2 has really blown the first season away. The fights as a whole are so much better.

Akame ga Kill - 20

Having not read the source material, this was an alright episode. Had some pretty cool fights, especially when they went into the abyss.
I wonder what Esdeath is going to do with Tatsumi now, given the last line she said. Earlier impressions seems the anime is doing stuff on it's own now?
Did Lubba die in the manga? What did they skip?
vOU4TD4.jpg

Puruzi

Banned
Akame ga Kill - 20

Having not read the source material, this was an alright episode. Had some pretty cool fights, especially when they went into the abyss.
I wonder what Esdeath is going to do with Tatsumi now, given the last line she said. Earlier impressions seems the anime is doing stuff on it's own now?
Lubba died, but there was a whole torture scene where it showed that he is the most manly dude in the world. He also killed Shura in a pretty awesome way, not the lame way they did in the anime. They skipped a huge fight with Esdeath and all of night raid where Sus died too, best fight in the whole series. They also skipped Mine and Tatsumi becoming a couple.
They skipped other things too, but those are the big ones. Sucks.

Jarmel

Banned
It's sort of weird seeing the Little Witch Academia animators go on and do good work for other non-Trigger shows.

Maybe it's because I'm used to Yoshinari shitting on them.

Lubba died, but there was a whole torture scene where it showed that he is the most manly dude in the world. He also killed Shura in a pretty awesome way, not the lame way they did in the anime. They skipped a huge fight with Esdeath and all of night raid where Sus died too, best fight in the whole series. They also skipped Mine and Tatsumi becoming a couple.
They skipped other things too, but those are the big ones. Sucks.

Oh wow, that sucks. But since there's three more episodes left isn't there a chance they might cram in those bolded events later? Or is the chronological order fucked now for most of them?

Puruzi

Banned
Oh wow, that sucks. But since there's three more episodes left isn't there a chance they might cram in those bolded events later? Or is the chronological order fucked now for most of them?
Mine and Tatsumi is kinda screwed chronically, and the huge fight might happen, but don't expect it, there's a really high likelihood that it won't. They totally fucked up how Mine was gonna pull a big Damn heroes moment and start some shit when something happens. The thing might still happen so I won't say what it is, but.if Mine still comes in it won't make any damn sense.
If you still finish the anime you should really consider reading the manga from around chapter 40 afterwards, all the stuff they skipped is really good.

Akame ga Kill - 20

what did they skip ?
SPOILERS FOR THE MANGA
-Mine confession to tatsuya ( tatsuya accept they become lovers )
-Several fights, some very important to the story
-Susanoo death
-Exdeath super ultimate extra haxxor skill ( i mean it's cheated as possible )
-Run death
-Kurome descent toward the crazy path while wave can't stop it
-The creation of "wild hunt", a team of elite managed by syura and them wrecking havoc in the city
-The battles between the jeager and wild hunt ( light temporary alliance between the jeager and night raid )

The above mean that several events have been changed ( MORE SPOILERS ) :

-Bolio doesn't attempt to escape and is protected by esdeath , leading to a fight where esdeath kills susanoo , injure leone , tatsumi & nagenda. Dat haxxor skill.
-Bolio still dies
-The rebellion starts but doesn't advance that fast toward the capital , to counter the fact that soldiers are being sent , wild hunt is created
-Wild hunt /syura does a lot of nasty stuff : syura tires to abuse ( sexually i mean ) a weakened kurome, he also rape & kill bols wife and daughter on top of bols grave. ( no i'm not making this stuff up ) ..i won't even talk about the stuff he did to the general populace.
-tatsumi and lubbock moments in the capital are different. First they don't try to sneak up to kill the minister like in the anime, they were still in the planning stages.
-Suzuka ( the last 4 rakshaka demons ) is still alive , she goes back to the capital to follow esdeath , meet with syura and recognise tatsumi leading to the events below :
-Syura force teleport tatsumi and lubbock INSIDE the imperial castle where they are captured
-Syura tortures lubbock
-tatsumi avoid being tortured thanks to esdeath.
-Lubbock kill syura and steal his imperial arms , tries to escape and is killed by wild hunt.

And i could go on and on. We're in anime only realm...

Deadly

Any MMO anime is already better than SAO by default. Log Horizon shines through heavy world building, lore and scheming, action is not too much.

And DATABASE, DATABASE!!!

It sticks to its MMORPG ruleset pretty heavily. It stays away from shonen-esque asspulls and the drama/conflict is often mental rather than physical. The main character isn't a fighter but a schemer. Its a series that focuses more on the social,economic, and political aspects of what people would deal with if something like this actually happened while staying within the bounds of its MMO's rules. For example the NPC's (People of the Land) are now real people with their own will, history, and political structure rather than automatons that just give out quests. One of the arcs in the first season is whether the characters should work with them or stay on their own with the implication that ignoring them might lead to war between the two. It deals with complicated subjects without getting too serious either and isn't afraid to be kind of silly and fun at times. You would probably like it. Its not perfect but its the best job an anime has done with this genre and its very sincere.
Hmm I like scheming. Sounds interesting, will check it out! Thanks!

Space Dandy 2

Good episode. I love the references to Fullmetal and Cowboy bebop, pretty cool. Scarlet, looks interesting, I would like to see her return. I died at the scene where the old man lit his wifes cigarette. The art is incredible so far, I absolutely love when they go through the ramen wormhole (much like in the first episode when they warp) every thing is distorted and colorful, the visuals were very pleasing.

How do you guys screen cap the episodes? do you just do a normal screen cap after pausing a scene? or do you run some sort of program?

How do you guys screen cap the episodes? do you just do a normal screen cap after pausing a scene? or do you run some sort of program?

Depends on where you're watching the anime.

If it's on a web broswer device , just use print screen , if you're using an external program , it should have a screen capture option ( it'a default feature these days )

After looking at the EP6 OP of Yuuki Yuuna each girl who used
Mankai in episode 5 has had all of their filled in emblem petals emptied out except for Karin who didn't use Mankai (she has three of five filled in). I think this pretty much guarantees more fighting since Karin wouldn't have any absorbed power if they weren't required to fight anymore.

I love when little details like that are left in for people to find.

Plugging in "Mankai" into an online JP dictionary got me "Full Bloom". Seems pretty appropriate with all of the flower themes.

Celestial Method - 7

Anyone didn't like the way the characters were behaving in episodes 3 and 4 I think can safely come back now.

While there was drama in this episode, it fits as it resolves the backstory behind Nonoka's mother quite nicely. It also
explains the reason behind Nonoka's memory loss as well.

We also learn something interesting about Noel. She doesn't want to leave the town because if she does, she won't be able to see the saucer. Hmmm....

Well, despite that. The scenes with her and Souta rebuilding the monster was nice to see. One of the few instances you see this guy with a smile on his face.

All in all, I'm glad the show's keeping up with the tone it has now.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - 07

Finally got the catgirl in this episode and wow, her personality certainly wasn't what I was expecting it to be which is certainly a plus. Loved the fact she was completely stuck up. Second episode was even better because true to life the first thing Kokkuri did when he turned into a woman was grab his own boobs squeeze then admire himself.

Selector spread Wixoss - 04

This was an episode full of hope , understanding , friendship ..

What happenned ? this is UNLIKE a normal WIXOSS episode !!

My conclusion is that this is a decoy for more despair and suffering later ...

Gugure! Kokkuri-san 07

I still dunno about this show. This episode was okay I guess, but I feel it would be better with just Kokkuri and Kohina

Akame ga Kill! 20

Haha, no. Fuck this.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Log Horizon S2 7
This
"flavor text becoming real"
is something that can get real interesting later on. But I still want to know whats going with the Raid group.

SAO S2 19
Drama! Tension! Explosions! Excitement! Things!

Terraformars 8
You know when they change the ED for an episode that shit is gonna go down in the next one.

1412859738846yps9x.png

They ruined my Pokemon Breeder waifu :/

Why?

They had the Ace Trainer the same.

Why not her as well?

Now I'm wary of wanting them to introduce best girl Hex Maniac to the anime.

Selector spread Wixoss - 05

Tanoshii batoorrrruuuu
selector%20spread%20WIXOSS%20-%2005.jpg

This isn't reality , this Wixoss !!!
An heroine does need some haxxors skills to win , i don't mind.

And finally some revelations !!!

This episode only had a little spice of despair , and that was a flashback .... could it be ? no , really ?

Pani Poni Dash 15

Stupid Sexy Not-Yuuko moment aside, It seems that No. 6 has totally been designated as the Yuri Girl of the year after revealing that she had shining admirations for an alcoholic teacher.

A lot of moments in this particular episode felt rather cheap, which was rather intentional given how they chose to go with this episode, so no qualms there.

Opening changed yet again, and probably 2 episodes sooner than I expected as well.

Midonin

Book of Bantorra 01-03

Books. One of the oldest forms of human record, ubiquitous with the printing press, and very often a metaphor. Which appears to be how they're used here. Not books in the sense of words on paper, but rather stone tablets that magically serve the same function as the books in the great library over in Daitoshokan this same season. That's as far as the similarities go, though.

Something like this is a little outside my comfort zone. Though I frequently am wiling to go outside that for interesting premises, such as this one. The atmosphere reminds me a bit of Akame and a bit of Gosick, but compared to Akame, the names are a bit harder to memorize. Noloty is my favorite character so far, for her design, her VA and her role in the story, being the only one who hasn't been fully absorbed into the emotionless rule that Hamyuts wants for the Bantorra group. Her and Volken. There's no doubt they're the heroes of the story - considering our first group of antagonists are making human bombs and spreading diseases - but I have to wonder just how far they're willing to go.

The first arc has yet to conclude, but I see that the anime ran concurrent with the end of the novels, so I should be getting most/all of the story. It's chosen books as a primary motif, so I want to see exactly where they're going with it. Want to see at least the end of the first arc before I start to condense my thoughts.

Akame ga Kill 20
Having not read the manga, this episode seems alright but certainly feels off. They definitely skimped on Tatsumi's fight. Feels a bit quick for everyone to be back in the capital immediately in full mobilization. Syura was definitely used anticlimactically with the foreshadowing of him being kind of a big evil threat in the episode they introduced him and
having him being introduced as a third force only to be killed off within the same episode.

Book of Bantorra 01-03

Books. One of the oldest forms of human record, ubiquitous with the printing press, and very often a metaphor. Which appears to be how they're used here. Not books in the sense of words on paper, but rather stone tablets that magically serve the same function as the books in the great library over in Daitoshokan this same season. That's as far as the similarities go, though.

Something like this is a little outside my comfort zone. Though I frequently am wiling to go outside that for interesting premises, such as this one. The atmosphere reminds me a bit of Akame and a bit of Gosick, but compared to Akame, the names are a bit harder to memorize. Noloty is my favorite character so far, for her design, her VA and her role in the story, being the only one who hasn't been fully absorbed into the emotionless rule that Hamyuts wants for the Bantorra group. Her and Volken. There's no doubt they're the heroes of the story - considering our first group of antagonists are making human bombs and spreading diseases - but I have to wonder just how far they're willing to go.

The first arc has yet to conclude, but I see that the anime ran concurrent with the end of the novels, so I should be getting most/all of the story. It's chosen books as a primary motif, so I want to see exactly where they're going with it. Want to see at least the end of the first arc before I start to condense my thoughts.
Oh !!! what a nice pick ..i trully couldn't stop once i've started watching this anime..
I dare you to even think/predict about what's to come.

Bantorra has plenty of characters so brace yourself for their journey, it's worth it.

Akame ga Kill 20
Having not read the manga, this episode seems alright but certainly feels off. They definitely skimped on Tatsumi's fight. Feels a bit quick for everyone to be back in the capital immediately in full mobilization. Syura was definitely used anticlimactically with the foreshadowing of him being kind of a big evil threat in the episode they introduced him and
having him being introduced as a third force only to be killed off within the same episode.

Syura was supposed to indeed be
a third force and antagonist and that's what happenned in the manga.

5QP7cF3.jpg
wArZNBC.jpg

Judo was not built in a day!

[ Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl ] - 1~10

Our main character is Yawara Inokuma, a high school girl who is most interested in being a normal Japanese high school girl, however, she has been trained in Judo for years by her grandfather Jigoro. He manipulates Yawara to pratice and be in matches. And all of this for Yawara to Win the Gold Medal in the Barcelona Olympics(wow) and after this the wonor of being...*suspense*...awarded the Nation Medal of Honor...wait, what? wow?! I don't know if I should be impressed by this.
The OP reminds me of saturday/sunday mornings.
I really like her grandpa, and he is voiced by Nagai Ichirou, and Kazamatsuri-san(
the stage fright and that underwear on episode 3 lol
) who is voiced by Kamiya Akira, which I loved when he did Shuutarou Mendou(UY) and Shun Mitaka(Maison Ikkoku)...and I swear I heard/seen Matsuda somewhere before but I can't remember and the same for the artstyle, where have I seen it before?
Her Rival is also really funny, what with having
a false tooth
and being and extreme Ojou-sama, and I can't believe her family still haven't gone bankrupt which her lifestyle.
And our MC? So strong, so cute...the hints of romance aren't doing too much to me at this point, the comedy is fine. But she really doesn't wanna do Judo, I don't really know what'll make her do it willfully, but I look foward to it, her throws and pins are nice to see...and if she doesn't find a rival in Japan, where's she going to find a rival in Judo?

SkDftca.jpg
VuRZFWu.jpg

But Jigoro steals the show with the eyecatches and Barcelona Olympics countdown.
Fuck the Olympics!

Mushishi - 09

Mouth! We've gone full circle! This had some interesting dilemmas. How far are you willing to go to save others. Many deaths or one murder?
I wonder if Ginko is going to face any consequences for committing the taboo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom