• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

No Game No Life Episode 2

Well, the first half of the episode was garbage. The rock-paper-scissors was too obvious (I would've owned his ass), though I guess it set the stage for more of Steph's over-reactions, which are mildly funny. And there was too much pantsu crap, and that bit about him not being able to be apart from his sister was stupid (I have a bad feeling it'll come up later in the anime during an important plot point).

Second half was good, though. Sets the stage for the rest of the anime and provides us with a mid-boss of sorts story-wise. Seeing Sora become King (I assume that's what's gonna happen) and move humanity's ranking up through the 16 species from last place will be interesting.

Get used to it. Ruins a pretty good show imo.

PaniPoni Dash 23

685495b71c.jpg

Today I found out what Ichijou's fetish is. Military.

Also, SUDDENLY PLOT HAPPENED. 2 parter or the final arcaroony?

OH RIGHT

Kurumi really wanted the Plain Girl of the Year award

What's the consensus on the current season of Log Horizon? Good, bad, ugly? I just started watching some of Season 1 today and I'm wondering if the show is worth investing in.

What's the consensus on the current season of Log Horizon? Good, bad, ugly? I just started watching some of Season 1 today and I'm wondering if the show is worth investing in.

most seem to be enjoying it, but definitely agree there's a drop from the first season. Personally Log Horizon S1 was my surprise AOTS, and S2 isn't anywhere neat that. I find myself bored and wish they'd get the current story arc done with.

Good and ugly!
If you liked S1 you will probably like S2. But the art drops in quality, not like it was a pretty show to begin with though.

zulux21

it taints it a little for me, I usually don't have a high tolerance for that crap, but alas NGNL was good enough that I easily got past it.
Fuck yes! This, Prison School, and Soma are going to make an awesome year!

Soma alone is going to be enough to make it an awesome year :p
I am curious how the prison school anime turns out though... while the source material isn't all that entertaining it was still interesting enough to get me to read it after you guys talked about it... I can't imagine it will make a decent anime with current censorship garbage though.

Jintor

Good and ugly!
If you liked S1 you will probably like S2. But the art drops in quality, not like it was a pretty show to begin with though.

Actually a few of the action scenes seem to be improved, but the daily life stuff is kind of off now... and the backgrounds definitely feel weird.

I'm enjoying the current arc though.

Ventara

No Game No Life Episode 3

Holy crap! A
Phoenix Wright
reference?! With accompanying music, too? This episode is already gold. And actually, it was pretty good overall. As the last episode hinted, another nation is trying to take over humanity's land, and it's up to Sora to stop them. Seriously, the last king was an idiot using a gaming competition to decide the next human king, especially when you can cheat using magic and humans can't use magic. Anyways, we get more references to other media (which is nice if you know them) and we have a chess game to decide who's king, except it's not a chess game, lol. If only real chess could be played like this...

Tagging big stuff is seen as a courtesy.

Alright, thanks!

FUUUUUUU

Honestly, I actually don't mind it as long as the story isn't sidelined and they don't spend half an episode on it. Please tell me there's no beach episode.

Holy crap! A
Phoenix Wright
reference?! With accompanying music, too? This episode is already gold. And actually, it was pretty good overall. As the last episode hinted, another nation is trying to take over humanity's land, and it's up to Sora to stop them. Seriously, the last king was an idiot using a gaming competition to decide the next human king, especially when you can cheat using magic and humans can't use magic. Anyways, we get more references to other media (which is nice if you know them) and we have a chess game to decide who's king, except it's not a chess game, lol. If only real chess could be played like this...

Alright, thanks!

FUUUUUUU

Honestly, I actually don't mind it as long as the story isn't sidelined and they don't spend half an episode on it. Please tell me there's no beach episode.

There's a warning about "beautiful things" for later on in the show.

zulux21

There are a few scenes here and there, but there isn't any complete waste episodes like a beach episode, the series in general stays quite focused on what is going on with great pacing.

Ventara

There's a warning about "beautiful things" for later on in the show.

I'm intrigued what this means. I guess I'll be finding out anyways.

There are a few scenes here and there, but there isn't any complete waste episodes like a beach episode, the series in general stays quite focused on what is going on with great pacing.

Good to know. I hate it when a show starts off nice and interesting and takes a nosedive halfway through. Like Is This a Zombie. Ughhh.

Anyways, will watch the rest tomorrow. Gotta catch some ZZZs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Cross Ange - 01

aIl1WGf.gif
aIl1WGf.gif
aIl1WGf.gif

So I gotta ask.
The blood on her dress when she's laying on the floor was from earlier when she was holding her dying mother right? Because there's no way that all came from her during her physical.

BUT YEAH. PURITY IN FULL FORCE!

Other than Maryelle's redesign I like it, which reminds me I need to catch up on the episodes I missed.

Jintor

God, trying to VPN into Crunchy via Hola is so irritating. Maybe I should just fork up the monies for a proper VPN... god, why is going legit [okay, going grey market] so difficult

Quasar

Excellent like S1 (which was in my top 5 of last year), though the different animation crew is noticeable.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Like season 1, it had a bit of a rocky start but is now hitting its stride in its usual idiom. That being said the current is focused on Akasuki and if you dislike her, best to wait until we shift back to Shiroe.

Jintor

Traitor!

When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace 01

Not sure what to think. The chuunyoubi bullshit is really, really irritating and the male MC is an unlikable dumbass. Not sure about the tone either, it ricochets really wildly and is definitely not as consistent as I'd like. I guess I'll give it the three episode rule or something.

I Don't Know What My Husband Is Thinking 01-02

I didn't expect this to be a 3 minute one but the rapid-fire comedy really suits this show. It's a little heavy on the otaku jokes but hey that's what it's about I guess. Low investment means I'll probably watch all of this I guess.

Re: proxmate: is that a chrome plugin or a fully fledged VPN?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Probably massively LTTP, but I just saw on twitter that they are doing a 5-year anniversary box set for K-On!!
rBgSyCIl.jpg

Only 30000 yen!

It's just crazy to think that was five years ago though. Damn.

fertygo

Yuki Yuna - 01

Yo this protag is pretty badass, goddamn that first action scene, she just proceed to punch the enemy shit.

Studio Gokumi is underrated as hell, I wish they got one of those popular manga adaptation.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7
Seriously, has anyone in this show thought about like idk getting some real professional help for these children, like one of those psychiatrist people

she made real fucking bombs.

Jintor

Denki-gai 01

That was pretty good. I lost it at the awkward shrink-wrapping 18+ material scene and the Sommelier's Party. The second story wasn't nearly as funny but it was kind of like skipping four arcs of Genshiken and going straight to Comic-fes, which was okay. Probably keep watching this one.

jgminto

I just saw the short animations by CC2/Khara and they were pretty awesome. Shows you can do some great stuff with cg when the studio can make the art and animation work together. Not being restrained by TV budget probably helps too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 55

Right, so it seems that even the series has stopped treating Ali and An as any sort of serious threat by this point. Probably for the best since this duo just do not bring any sort of credible menace and that was at the start of the arc. Anyway, this is a very heavily comedic episode centered around Makoi's downright obnoxious shallow love interest gimmick and it get old quickly. This is basically her power up episode and honestly this isn't even the best episode she has had this season. Recommendation to avoid. Right, so let us talk about one of the reasons this arc not only exists but was booked the way it was. We have this Moonlight Knight character running around basically filling the same job as Tuxedo Mask. The sad thing is he is arguably better since he actually has a larger moveset then the magician. Anyway, Moonlight Knight is one large homage/in-joke to a chracter known as Moonlight Mask. From what I have researched Moonlight Mask is an incredibly almost incalculably important chracter in Japanese media for he is the very first tokusatsu hero to appear on Japanese televison and it just so happens that TOEI helped out with that production. I do admit I am unsure how familiar Sailor Moon watchers would be with the character. You can kind of think of him as Zorro or The Lone Ranger; maybe known through the general zeitgeist but kind of out the public eye since 1981 and would not have a new TV series until 1999.

Phatmac

Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7
Seriously, has anyone in this show thought about like idk getting some real professional help for these children, like one of those psychiatrist people

she made real fucking bombs.
The power of the childhood friend can cure all mental issues!!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 56

Right, so the most notable thing about this steaming turd of an episode is that it spawned the "Talent" meme due to somebody at DiC no understanding that talent was and is a euphemism for breasts. Anyway, once again we have reached the point where the evil bad guys kind have to remind themselves they have an alleged mission but are basically too busy being uninteresting love prospects to be assed half the time. Anyway, if you want to watch the whole lot of the Sailor Scouts acting like the pettiest jerks over this stupid Snow White play then this is your episode otherwise strongest recommendation to avoid and maybe take a nap instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom