• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So my friend asked me for some anime recommendations, so I recommend him Parastye, Log Horizon, Kill La Kill (he liked the first 8 episodes and stopped watching due to being busy), JoJo, or Rage of Bahamut: Genesis

He texted me today saying he started watching Terraformars :|

I tried guys
You should have asked him what his tastes are.

But hey, it could be much worse.

Full Metal Panic! - 6

qodj5Os.png

Sousuke gets his own Chambro to turn the tables.

Yeeessssss.

cajunator

Banned
So my friend asked me for some anime recommendations, so I recommend him Parastye, Log Horizon, Kill La Kill (he liked the first 8 episodes and stopped watching due to being busy), JoJo, or Rage of Bahamut: Genesis

I tried guys

You did what you could. Dont blame yourself.

I tried guys

Well done for trying, I know that feeling all too well. :/

Gundam Build Fighters 1

This is a fun show. It's like rewatching a series you saw as a kid, only discovering that it actually was as good as you remember it being. Everything outside of the fights is in setup mode, but the character interactions are amusing and the fights are pretty great.

Gundam Build Fighters 2

A really funny episode with even better fights than the last. The show seems aware of its absurdity when it calls attention to a Gunpla Battle....ring (I don't remember what it's called) in the school and when the most popular guy is the head of the model building club, but the way it offers sort-of-explanations for these things helps it maintain a sense of earnestness. I like that Ral just randomly shows up everywhere, too.

Gundam Build Fighters 3

Not sure how I feel about the pacing here, with a really great fight in the middle but an anti-climactic finish. I suppose it makes sense story-wise, but still. The seconds-long drama with Reiji not showing up and Sei wanting to fight on his own was bizarre.

Gundam Build Fighters 4

I found myself really disinterested in the whole love triangle thing; it would have been kinda bad on its own, but episode 4 is rather early for that sort of thing with a character we barely know. The fight was also a bit weak. I'm not sure if we were supposed to see the twist coming from a mile away, but if we were I'm curious as to why they spent so long on it.

yuki yuna - 07

A beach episode were we have reached the night after 4 minutes ?
Yuki%20Yuna%20wa%20Yusha%20de%20Aru%20-%2007.jpg

One does need to talk to your food to enjoy eating it !
Well this episode was alright , the dialog was simple and fun and i enjoyed it .

Kudos to the horror story skit , it was better than the love story. Friendship is strong and then:

THE INFOS

I always wondered where they were( this wasn't defined before ) butwe really are in japan , what's more intresting in the morning conversation is the fact that the forshadowing for more is greater than ever: there are more constellations , fighting isn't over , why does the monsters attack that way, what is taisha ?

Those questions , those answers ..this really isn't what it seems it is and this is confirmed by the end of the episode.. they choose this route ! Next episode is going to be really special

The most incredible sentence is when we learn that taisha
protected humanity from the virus of death
Damn i don't even want to know what this implies.

You should have asked him what his tastes are.

But hey, it could be much worse.

I do know his taste, he generally likes the same kind of action shows I do he just watches a lot less anime overall by comparison. He watches probably 2-4 shows a year where thanks to CR and Anime GAF I probably watch like 6-10 a season :X

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 01

Strange first scene, and the following one seems way too cheerful for what was just viewed.
OP is pretty catchy, I like it. The soundtrack in general is very.. ominous?
The art is incredibly bizarre, I literally opened my mouth in awe when I saw those weird cut in paper models. And when Mami brought out those guns, this is like Bayonetta on crack, this is fucking awesome!
That digimon cat is pretty cute and I can already tell Mami is best girl. Can't wait for more.

Show and Rebellion movie are absolutely awesome.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shirobako 7
That feeling when you need to tell your friend that her job is not up to standard...
I get that feeling during work It feel fucking hurt when you made friend with your co-worker and having to give him warning and could cost him his job or pay...
Also, being animator is suffering. I mean, key animator wage somehow not that much different with part timer. Shit is tough.
Real hard stuff...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I do know his taste, he generally likes the same kind of action shows I do he just watches a lot less anime overall by comparison. He watches probably 2-4 shows a year where thanks to CR and Anime GAF I probably watch like 6-10 a season :X
Well you shouldn't be too hard on your friend. Although, I'd still recommend you try to push Jojo on to him, it sounds like that's something he'll like.

Well you shouldn't be too hard on your friend. Although, I'd still recommend you try to push Jojo on to him, it sounds like that's something he'll like.

Oh I know and totally agree lol, though the whole situation was a good reason to send him the watchbetteranime.jpg that I've had saved to my phone for the past month

Reconguista in G 09
883e147c82.jpg
face8b196d.jpg

This show is art.

Episode was held back by the lack of Everyone's Favorite Genius, Klim Nick. Also we getting back into Spacenoid vs Earthnoids with that colonel guy. Char was right?
Does our Yazan equivalent show up next week? Well his MS is cool, with the Zaku-like mono eye.

RIP Montero ;_;7

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If you guys didn't wring your hands so loudly when someone started watched something, you'd leave them with no expectations and a better viewing experience.

Honestly surprised that there are no hinting measures in place in this thread.

Trinity Seven - 07

So arata leveled-up and this arc is over

I guess this anime is a very guilty pleasure considering what i think of the manga but at least we're finally getting to the arcs where things are actually happenning

I'll just rejoice that the prologue is over and we can let the story start for reals

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
If you guys didn't wring your hands so loudly when someone started watched something, you'd leave them with no expectations and a better viewing experience.

but how will i have fun without ruining experiences for other people with all my "veiled" comments about what's going to happen?

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! - 5

Mecha, with hair. In a real robot show.

Don't get me wrong, this looks awesome and badass.

But what kind of terrorist or any military corporation for that matter looks at the robot they're building and says: "You know what this needs? Beautiful flowing locks of hair. Then it's perfect."

Can't exactly fault them for having good taste in good-looking mecha design, but it seems kind of impratical for military use. :|

Ah well, no point in dwelling on it when Sousuke and Chidori are now stranded and Kurt's probably injured!

Technically the excuse for the hair is cooling fibers. Gauron mentions that the Codarl's main weakness is that it tends to overheat, and the hair is meant to cool it down through magic science.
None of this will be of any importance when Gatoh later on introduces flowing ponytails made of psychic fire.

Man the wait for the next Selector Spread episode is killing me, I really don't know why im so hooked.

You and me both. Its been a great 2nd season so far!

The second season is bringing all sorts of reveals tothe table and ulith is such an entertaining character. I can't wait to see how manipulative this character can get.

Akira
breakdown is gonna be legendary
It's happened before though.
Won't deny that
Kouji Kabuto
Dies
in
Magma!
Not even the worst kind of
spoilers.
^-^

The second season is bringing all sorts of reveals tothe table and ulith is such an entertaining character. I can't wait to see how manipulative this character can get.

Akira
breakdown is gonna be legendary
So glad I just started this show yesterday, S1E8 onwards with the break would have been complete torture.

The Tama nendo picture in the figure thread is actually what got me to look into the show.

Mature

Oh, but just you wait until you see what the replies to this post are going to be. I'm not going to say anything, but it's going to be glorious.

popcorn.gif
I like it as much as the next guy, but it's like being at a surprise party and everyone's talking too loudly about how much they're going to enjoy surprising the person. The person is going to know you're there! Shhh!

cajunator

Banned
I like it as much as the next guy, but it's like being at a surprise party and everyone's talking too loudly about how much they're going to enjoy surprising the person. The person is going to know you're there! Shhh!

Nobody has done anything except show excitement of someone watching Madoka Magica.

Those twintails will be AOTY - 07

There are times where you can't choose what to screencap, because there are just too many sentences that are that good.

In the end i just ...couldn't choose

The dual talk , the smartphone ringtone scene , the "plan" , the result of the"plan" , everything was awesome. The show still continues to impress.

Gundam Build Fighters 5

I'm glad that when the series becomes in danger of seeming like an incredibly overt advertisement, it cranks up the absurdity to compensate with the mind battle and scenes like Fellini at the cafe.

Gundam Build Fighters 6

Good god, that fight.

Narag

i can't find the button to favorite this post

Yeah, this is true. It creates a sense of anticipation, where now someone is constantly going to be looking out for something. School Days posts were probably the worst example of this.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 01

Strange first scene, and the following one seems way too cheerful for what was just viewed.
OP is pretty catchy, I like it. The soundtrack in general is very.. ominous?
The art is incredibly bizarre, I literally opened my mouth in awe when I saw those weird cut in paper models. And when Mami brought out those guns, this is like Bayonetta on crack, this is fucking awesome!
That digimon cat is pretty cute and I can already tell Mami is best girl. Can't wait for more.

I loved the hell out of Madoka. The soundtrack is so freakin good too..based Kajiura. Enjoy the ride.

I tried guys

That's just his cover up story

Yuki Yuna is a Hero 7

An episode mostly filled with rest and relaxation. It was great to see the Hero Club wind down and try to move on with their normal lives.

As many have speculated, this isn't the road this show is going down. It's quite clear when Togo talks to Yuna about how there are more than the 12 constellations the Zodiac are based on. If you didn't realize by that point then the post-credits scene points it out explicitly. Fuu got a new fairy after opening that briefcase containing their cellphones in the Hero Club room. Presumably the others will receive more fairies as well.

Why would the Taisha provide the heroes with fairies? I think it's because they expect that these new enemies are going to be much more dangerous than what our champions have had to face already. Despite what I personally want to happen, I think it's likely that there are going to be some casualties in these last 5 episodes.

Gonna be the Twintails! 7

Tailyellow is scary. She is surely the strongest of the three Twintail warriors. While we didn't get to see her fight against a proper enemy, it looks like Dark Grasper is no slouch either. Funniest moment goes to Twoarle's friendship scheme for Erina towards the end.

AOTYguildy.

Shengar

[Parasyte] - 7

I'm going to have to say I basically disliked this episode for the reasons that most people liked it. Everything was certainly well staged and executed but the general direction things are heading in just isn't that interesting. It feels like we've transitioned away from the interesting tone and feel of the show into your usual superhero-type story. You know, there's always the point in these kinds of stories where things get dark, the protagonist loses his glasses, starts to act tough, speak differently and all the girls are in love with him? The ending to this episode literally featured three girls are pining over the protagonist. The story may well move in an interesting development shortly, but this section of the characters arc just feels so predictable.
If they stay true to the original material (outside the modern adjustment by making it more harem-ish), shits about hits the fan after this.
In the manga, Shinichi doesn't wear a glasses, and his hair is kinda similar to his "new" self but more reserved. As soon as I see Shinichi given a glasses in the anime adaptation, I fear that this impression might appeared on new viewer because I'm sure as hell he would take it off after he "merge" with Migi.
To be fair, it was a superhero-type story since day 1. Shinichi had to grow a great deal to survive, which should have been apparent once Migi instructed him to take part in the fight with A.

Also probably important to note this series is 25 years old. In a way, it was a seinen answer to a lot of the popular shonen fighting series of the 90s while trying to forego some of their tropes but not all of them (especially later on).

I don't know if I would called it superhero-type story, but I agree with the notion of this.

jman2050

Twintails 7

An idol and her producer fight to the death over the proper way to fix her hair.

Truly this is what IDOLM@STER should have been about.

Dark Grasper owns, Erina is a literal crazy person, and this show still owns.

sonicmj1

ME!ME!ME!

This is the kind of fucking insanity that makes me glad Animator Expo exists.

ME!ME!ME! is an animated music video, a horror story, an indictment of otaku culture. A young man lies, sullen and empty on his bed, drowning his lost love in an oversexed haze of bishoujo figurines, impossibly sexy idols, breasts, fluids, video games, and violence, a cycle of alienation and loathing from which he can't escape.

ifze5MeF7ugSk.jpg
ibz04eMV4p4DDa.jpg

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

It's aggressive, uncomfortable, transfixing, and horribly unsafe for work. It must be seen to be believed.

Quasar

Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou 1

So with Crunchyroll finally getting the drama version of Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou, I finally gave it a try. Been wanting this as I liked the handful of manga chapters I read ages ago.

Watched episode one last night. I have to say I really liked it. I tend to have a lot of trouble with live action versions of manga/anime (though this started as novels) but I liked this. Certainly enough to to watch the rest of it I think. Liked the chemistry between the main two.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
ME!ME!ME!

This is the kind of fucking insanity that makes me glad Animator Expo exists.

ME!ME!ME! is an animated music video, a horror story, an indictment of otaku culture. A young man lies, sullen and empty on his bed, drowning his lost love in an oversexed haze of bishoujo figurines, impossibly sexy idols, breasts, fluids, video games, and violence, a cycle of alienation and loathing from which he can't escape.

It's aggressive, uncomfortable, transfixing, and horribly unsafe for work. It must be seen to be believed.

holy shit that was impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom