• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terra Formars - 09

This episode felt slooow. Starting with a bang though. Surprising how they did the introduction of the creature origin and then
a few seconds later the person dies
More Adolf suffering. I liked the bible references as he was charging up. The credit song was fitting.
At first I thought he nuked the whole area and killed everything within. But then I saw the dagger at the end and remembered that the lightning went to the daggers.
NpzlnOJ.jpg

Midonin

Book of Bantorra 16-18

16 was a nice little one-off story. I know that "red book" in Japan can refer to both a study guide and pulp fiction, so the way that was applied to this world's books is an interesting take on the subject. The most dangerous books of all. I'm guessing this won't be the last we see of them, given this show's track record for bringing back things from way, way back. Like the next two episodes. Volken scrammed after the first few episodes, and his return is really setting the main gears of the plot in motion. I'm still not sure what he and
Olivia
are gunning for, but it looks like it has something do with an old enemy of Hamyuts. The show's certainly doing a good job at keeping me hooked, so, points for that.

I also want to point out that Sayaka Sasaki (GARO ED, Nichijou ED1, Senran Kagura OP) had her debut single with this show. It's not my favorite song of hers, but it's pretty good. The new Aira Yuki ED is nice, too. It feels like the show is starting to wind down and tie all its plots together, but there's still a pretty decent amount of episodes left.

Paprika

Paprika_parade.jpg

Never has a parade looked so bizarre. But that's part of the reason I quite liked Paprika. It's more lighthearted than Perfect Blue, but Satoshi Kon's flavour of mindscrewing remains in effect.

It's a big shame that Satoshi Kon is no longer with us.
The fact the Kanokawa's backstory has some eerily similarities to the last months of Satoshi's life does not help.

If you haven't by now, go watch a Satoshi Kon work, be it this, Perfect Blue or Dream Machine if that will ever see the light of day.

cajunator

Banned
Paprika

Paprika_parade.jpg

Never has a parade looked so bizarre. But that's part of the reason I quite liked Paprika. It's more lighthearted than Perfect Blue, but Satoshi Kon's flavour of mindscrewing remains in effect.

It's a big shame that Satoshi Kon is no longer with us.
The fact the Kanokawa's backstory is eerily similar to the last months of Satoshi's life does not help.

If you haven't by now, go watch a Satoshi Kon work, be it this, Perfect Blue or Dream Machine if that will ever see the light of day.

the Paprika theme is so catchy too.
Its not his best work, but its one of his most memorable.
It kind of suffers towards the end where it gets really abstract, like Paranoia Agent did.

selector spread WIXOSS - 08
1391708365664.gif

IT'S HAPPENNING

This episode ... THIS EPISODE

The amount of suffering was average... but goddamn those events.
So we finally have the birth of the selectors , their purpose and some light on what happenned.This was a nice flashback , full of good details , but it didn't fool me. When at the 17th minute mark , everyone was full of hope , i knew i could trust ulith to set things straight.

And damn well she did !
Tama forced to grow to level 5 was predictable, anything the heroine can do , the vilain can , no surprise there
, but the suffering that came afterwards , was golden.
Akira , woah @this character. everyone had seen this one coming , i was like it's going to happen, it's going to happen... and it happenned.

I have no idea how everyone will recover from this. iu can now safely say that the fate of akira is directly tied to my enjoyment of this show.

EXCELLENT EPISODE

duckroll

Yama no Susume S2 - Episode 13-19

That was nice while it lasted, but now I'm all out! Some really good episodes in the mix here, even though most of it was about Aoi rebuilding confidence and reconnecting with her friends. The firefly episode had some really nice visuals, including the dream sequences and the eventual flashback which were done in totally different art styles. I love stuff like that. It was interesting having an episode dedicated to Kaede's past, but I didn't think much of the actual story, wasn't very interesting. The nature park episode was fun, and it actually reminded me of the last time I went to place like that a few years back. Seeing Aoi get a part-time job was fun too, but the highlight has to be the latest episode with the homework saga. There was something amazing about the way it was directed, I just couldn't stop laughing at each gag. By the time Kaede suggested asking Kokona for help, I fucking lost it. Looooooool. This is a fun show!

Midonin

I took advantage of RightStuf's November sales and got the complete series of Wedding Peach for about $14. I know it's a mid-tier magical girl show, but making myself up to date on magical girl history means I want to take it all in.

Little Busters! Refrain 04

The drawback of being the childhood friend.

Good thing the girls know how to confess their love then, because it's no good waiting for the guy to do it :p

Three characters seems to have literally walked out of the story and it still feels like something horrible will happen soon.

Narag

Strike Witches 2 - 1

Wow, it's surprising how much better this looks without the Gonzo. Despite the better production values, I suppose there was no time in the scheduling to give them pants.

cajunator

Banned
Strike Witches 2 - 1

Wow, it's surprising how much better this looks without the Gonzo. Despite the better production values, I suppose there was no time in the scheduling to give them pants.

They had to be ready to put on Strikers when called upon at a moments notice. cant let pesky pants get in the way!

Link Man

Banned
Your Lie in April 7

This is possibly the worst case of blueballs I've experienced in recent memory. All buildup, only to end it at the very moment before climax. Also, terrible humor.

Clov

What's this ME!ME!ME! stuff.

All i get with Google Image is the pregnancy meme for some reason.

It's a short film/music video that was made as part of Studio Khara's Animator Expo. It's a project where they're putting out one short film a week. I'm not sure if I can actually link to ME!ME!ME!, as it's very NSFW, but I'm sure you'll find it if you Google it again.

Mushishi - 12

Finally some backstory on Ginko. I had my doubts in the beginning if this really was him, but as soon as Nui named the mushi it was rather obvious. Neat to see the Narrator getting screentime and that it's actually someone our protagonist met. And how.. similar they look.
I wonder what happens if Ginko learns of Ginko, with his knowledge he surely must have heard of it in his travels. Maybe he's already aware.

Clov

Neat, Discotek bringing Rayearth to DVD in 2015 and Bluray in 2016.

Yeah, they announced that and a bunch of other stuff. Surprised that they're doing BD for Rayearth; this would be the first TV series they're doing a BD release for, I think. It's far off, but that just gives me time to watch the series first.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 46 (engDub)

Gaen cup is going to bring forth some of my favorite characters again especially one thats been missing for the entire season. I just hope hes going to be a great buddyfighter this time and not be kicked by the plot again. Maybe his two friends will be there too since he was always forgotten in past transfers :(

Davida and Shido on the same team is going to bring many laughs, especially Davida, best punk rocker.

Tatsuya duel was great with the Great Spell Saturday Night Devil Fever and Street Racer Eligos
should have won, silly plot

Parasyte Episode 7

I really do love Uda and his Parasyte, they make such a great comic relief duo. The fight was nice and seeing Shinichi's abilities was great. Though I do believe they are saving their budget for later on in the anime.

Dat crush with Makiko though. Anyways seeing Shinichi alpha with his transformation was awesome. Handsome as hell too. Yeah things are gonna get better, so I can't wait till next episode. I also want more of Kana, that Miyuki voice so based.

So question about Selector Spread Wixoss after the last episode.
I thought it was covered already but after this last episode it seems like I was wrong.
What happens to all the real girls that became LRIGs when they lose 3 times?
I thought before it made it seem like they disappear and then go back into a rotation, latest episode seems to imply they basically die.

Also
If Ruko eventually gets her wish exactly as it has been worded so far makes me wonder how that would turn out.
You basically have everyone replaced as is, so if all the LRIGs are released you will have some that look completely different and some with exact doubles that have taken their place
What happens with all the "new" people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom