• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

The Big O #4

2v4lULg.jpg

Wut. What's up with the script fixation with god? That line felt so random.
Very unsettling episode otherwise.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 02

So these magic girls are sort of bounty hunters, hunting evil witches? I imagined some pointy hat wearing lady with a broom.. not this..butterfly-flower-cthulhu thing!
Mami is a gun nut who can summon endless guns from her clo... Amagi Sentoo confirmed magic girl.
Looking forward to more hunting, makes me wonder what wishes and "powers" Madoka and her friend is gonna get. I would use my wish to remove all witches/evil and be done with it. But I suppose that's off the table because of plot. Thumbs up to the soundtrack.
38RAe3k.jpg
SYFITac.jpg
4gi5nCV.jpg

Mami still kicks ass

Puruzi

Banned
I kinda want the music used in ME!ME!ME, the music after that lewd part in the beginning, and the music after she basically barfs spit into his mouth is great.

Nafe

Finishing up Mother 3 for the first time and this part just made me think of Theonik and Zach.
I don't think they would agree in this case though...

jFZjpWRcD1euX.jpg

Image courtesy of a YouTube playthrough video.

cajunator

Banned

So these magic girls are sort of bounty hunters, hunting evil witches? I imagined some pointy hat wearing lady with a broom.. not this..butterfly-flower-cthulhu thing!
Mami is a gun nut who can summon endless guns from her clo... Amagi Sentoo confirmed magic girl.
Looking forward to more hunting, makes me wonder what wishes and "powers" Madoka and her friend is gonna get. I would use my wish to remove all witches/evil and be done with it. But I suppose that's off the table because of plot. Thumbs up to the soundtrack.

The witch labyrinths are very interesting art style. Basically collages. Very unique and it makes them seem even more otherworldly than they might otherwise.
Mami's fighting style is very elegant and badass too.

Taruranto

Garo #7

Was the writer on drugs when he wrote this? It was borderline nonsensical.

Anyway, it's getting really boring. What happened to the prince? The plot needs to stop walking in circles and actually developing.

Parasyte 7

Daaaang, a confident, better looking Shinichi. Dudes becoming husbando material. Great episode I thought, love the new characters and the fight sequence wasn't anything special, but still pretty cool. Apparently there's sort of a love triangle, at least it seems like it's heading in that direction.

Me!Me!Me!

This is one of the few times where the phrase "visceral tour de force" is completely appropriate. Everything about the way it moves is like drugs for the eyeballs.

Anno has always been critical of otaku culture so I'm not shocked that he and the judges picked this one. If you get to enraptured in your fantasies they'll rip you apart with machinegun boobies.

So question about Selector Spread Wixoss after the last episode.
I thought it was covered already but after this last episode it seems like I was wrong.
What happens to all the real girls that became LRIGs when they lose 3 times?
I thought before it made it seem like they disappear and then go back into a rotation, latest episode seems to imply they basically die.
Let's seee

From my understanding :
Girls that are LRIG disapears and get reshuffled to someone else. I won't change my mind set on this because of the line implying that everyone is used like tools/dolls

Also
If Ruko eventually gets her wish exactly as it has been worded so far makes me wonder how that would turn out.
You basically have everyone replaced as is, so if all the LRIGs are released you will have some that look completely different and some with exact doubles that have taken their place
What happens with all the "new" people?
Depends on what happenned to the "lost LRIGs".
You could make everyone go back to their original bodies, but then you have kuro and tama to consider, since
they aren't humans
. Given wixoss i don't think a "perfect " ending can happen.

Give it to me straight R_thanatos. How bad does it go for the girls in the novels?

It's actually full of hopes, problem is that it's set before the anime and thus we already know thanks to the anime the consequences of some actions , so what we know is how bad it gets , not how and when.
The dreading scene of forshadowing that something will happen despite the "good vibes" is even stronger than in the anime.

i'll say one thing :
memory loss

Midonin

Fairy Tail 209

Cute girls doing magic things. KitaEri is certainly at no shortage of dialogue for this arc, and her young!Aquarius voice is giving me shades of Miu. I don't think every fight is going to be as easygoing as this one, and I doubt regathering all the Zodiac spirits will be the end. There's always one more mastermind. The KitaEri fest continues next week with... Battle Spirits Fairy Tail?

wonzo

Banned
bahamat 6

bahamut6.jpg

omfg @ ritas upgraded rocket punch w/ new slap feature. to think a show spawned from a card game so goddamn awesome…

BAHARIMAX!!

This is such a great post.

Looking forward to more of your impressions as you get through the series.

Let's seee

From my understanding :
Girls that are LRIG disapears and get reshuffled to someone else. I won't change my mind set on this because of the line implying that everyone is used like tools/dolls

Depends on what happenned to the "lost LRIGs".
You could make everyone go back to their original bodies, but then you have kuro and tama to consider, since
they aren't humans
. Given wixoss i don't think a "perfect " ending can happen.
Thanks.

I really hope we don't get
an ending in which everything(normal people and all) was in Mayu's head
And sometimes I enjoy bad ends but I hope we don't get a cliff-hanger ending with Ruko and gang now all LRIGs just to build up the real card game.

Selector Spread Wixoss 08

Yooooooooooooooooo! Totally shocked that Ulith was able to overcome POWER FRIENDSHIP with darkness and actually beat Iona and Ru with Darkness Tama. Course her victory sure didn't last long. I fucking called Akira finally losing it and stabbing the shit out of Ulith. I'm expecting her to survive but I'm nto 100$ sure

Midonin

PriPara 21

Mirei speaks the truth to the Sophie Guardians. The purpose of a fanclub is to be moral support, not to be a bodyguard squad. Makoto Moriwaki's wacky comedic touch has given this anime a lot of character, but it's not quite that detached from reality compared to, say, Milky Holmes. The montage said a lot, though. Without Sophie to protect, the guardians have some serious withdrawal, and without her guardians, Sophie was a bit out of things. Like combing her hair with a lobster. It was a pretty touching episode, and even if Mirei and Lala called off the "graduation ceremony" partway through, the sentiment was real. I don't think I've ever seen a girl give up on her maids/protection squad before, to let them live their own lives. She's come a long way, and her performance of "Flare sherbet" at the end, even if a momentary return to her split personality, was made all the better knowing she was doing it for them.

The politics of the PriPara world are good for a laugh, but when it comes down to things, the heart and soul of this show is its characters. I've grown to love all of them in the same way I did the Rainbow Live girls. They're goofy and defined by their quirks... but that's really not that different from the late night anime I watch. Next episode deals with one of my favorite pairings in the show - Mirei and Shion.

Crocodile

Parasyte 7
The execution could be better I feel (the action has been a let down recently for example) but the core of the series is still solid as fuck.

Shirobako 7
That was incredibly real. This has to be the most mature show I've watched all year. Characters are so relateable.Quickly rising up the ranks of my AOTY.

Twintails 7
I feel this is starting to lose me. Peak was still Episdoe 4.

ME!ME!ME!

Best of the shorts aired so far. Great for all the right AND wrong reasons. More like this and less like Hill Climb Girl plz.

wonzo

Banned
Yama no Susume S2 2-6

yamasusus22.jpg

my god the op is incredible

I was kinda worried about how this'd handle the transition from a 1cour 3 minute short to a 2cour 11 minute one and it seems to have done it to a plum. The animations great (tho in burts due to the format) while the backgrounds are just as splendorous as they were in the first season. Can't wait for them to climb Mt. Fuji!

This show really makes me want to give mountain hiking a chance but there's very little choice from where I'm at. :(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Magical Sisters Yoyo & Nene

So Ufotable can actually make good stuff when they aren't adapting horribly shitty visual novels and and then smearing them with the ugliest filters known to mankind

This was pretty fun, even if I haven't really seen much talk at all in this thread about it, just from the title I wasn't expecting it to be 90% Yoyo and 10% Nene but I don't think that harmed the movie at all. Would recommend.

JCG

Well, sure, DVD is "fine", but from what I've heard, Rayearth got a pretty nice restoration on BD. Naturally it will look much better!

Word on the street is that the Japanese BD has a bit of a yellow tint. I'll pick up the U.S. BD if that changes or doesn't actually bother me by then, but right now I'm satisfied with the remastered DVD versions that MB somehow managed to release at one point.

Clov

Word on the street is that the Japanese BD has a bit of a yellow tint. I'll pick up the U.S: BD if that changes or doesn't actually bother me by then, but right now I'm satisfied with the remastered DVD versions that MB somehow managed to release at one point.

Yeah, I heard about that. Apparently it's nothing too bad, only noticeable with certain white objects? I'd need to see more screens from the Japanese BD to be sure.

Clov

Why do companies have so many problems with bluray quality?

Not sure, honestly. Sometimes it comes down to laziness (Toei and their upscales), sometimes the transfer just isn't great for whatever reason (Ghost in the Shell looks awfully fuzzy in dark scenes). Hopefully Rayearth ends up looking fine. I think it will turn out okay, personally.

I love how in Your Lie in April, you can go from an 8 year old to a 14 year old in just two years. The characters were fucking tiny.

Also hilarious how Kouseis mom was so overprotective of his hands yet lets his little ass walk home at night by himself after his competitions. No guardian or anything.

Clov

Discotek's Facebook is also noting that they still have a big title they're planning on announcing next week. Considering that they just announced that they're releasing Rayearth on BD, just how big is this title they've gotten? I'm very curious about it. What could it be?

Someone said Oshma Michiru so I had to watch it just to hear another one of her amazing soundtracks.

Aura - Koga Maryuin's Last War
8/10

Having finished this one myself not so long ago I really enjoyed reading what you had to say about it. It's definitely a movie more people should go out of their way to watch, especially if they're familiar with Chu-2. I didn't notice the subtleties of the scene where MC comes home the first time around but in hindsight you explained the significance of that scene extremely well.

Great review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom