• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATH™

I know I have no right to be grumpy but...

I am itching for Amagi Brilliant Park right now... But the wait for subs are making me crazy...

Now I wonder though... How does fansub teams work? Its supposed to be multiple translators debating the appropriate translation right?

DiGiKerot

Magical Sisters Yoyo & Nene

So Ufotable can actually make good stuff when they aren't adapting horribly shitty visual novels and and then smearing them with the ugliest filters known to mankind

This was pretty fun, even if I haven't really seen much talk at all in this thread about it, just from the title I wasn't expecting it to be 90% Yoyo and 10% Nene but I don't think that harmed the movie at all. Would recommend.

All the cool kids saw it last year and didn't want to be jerks by taunting the rest of the thread about it incessantly.

OK, maybe all of two of us saw it last year, though I think Ducky saw it was prior to the BD release as well, and I've got no idea why it's not had more pickup here. 'Tis a fun movie.

Moonkid

Paranoia Agent

Probably the best anime I've seen in a while. Ending spoilers ->
Now I just need to decipher whether they're fucking with us at the end or whether there really is something more. Granted it would make sense with the whole idea of 'paranoia' to make you think there is an answer to the 'question,' but I like to think if I went Rob Ager on the show I'd find something.

Time to finally start Satoshi Kon's works.

cajunator

Banned
Paranoia Agent

Probably the best anime I've seen in a while. Ending spoilers ->
Now I just need to decipher whether they're fucking with us at the end or whether there really is something more. Granted it would make sense with the whole idea of 'paranoia' to make you think there is an answer to the 'question,' but I like to think if I went Rob Ager on the show I'd find something.

Time to finally start Satoshi Kon's works.

MILLENNIUM ACTRESS

Quasar

I love how in Your Lie in April, you can go from an 8 year old to a 14 year old in just two years. The characters were fucking tiny.

Also hilarious how Kouseis mom was so overprotective of his hands yet lets his little ass walk home at night by himself after his competitions. No guardian or anything.

Given the rate of parents moving overseas and leaving their kids in Japan to fend for themselves I'm that surprised by anything a anime parent does.

phaze

Ergo Proxy 19

000010vjfbm.png
0000112dd5h.png

000012a6e7z.png
000015g0ezc.png

Note to self. Never, ever underestimate Ergo's ability to one up the previous peak of its weirdness.

This was probably as episodic as this show gets, Pino suddenly finds herself in the "Always Smile" land and with an aim of rejoing Vincent and Re-L she assembles a rag tag crew of abandoned theme park AutoReivs and sets out to find the creator of this land Will B. Good. I did not much care for episode 15 but I think this was one of the best 25 minutes of the show yet. Great character designs, meta commentary, noticeable bump in animation and the unsettling atmosphere made it an enticing watch. Though I appreciate them spelling out the meaning of the story at the end, I would have been left thoroughly confused without it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
MeMeMe! Music Video

If it had stopped at the minute and a half mark then that would have been great, then it kept going and go progressively more obnoxious. Sure it was visually interesting but I think Toonami has really spoiled me on such videos. Also, yea, the people who created this have some sexual issues they may need to work out.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
DEATH™;139919335 said:
I know I have no right to be grumpy but...

I am itching for Amagi Brilliant Park right now... But the wait for subs are making me crazy...

Now I wonder though... How does fansub teams work? Its supposed to be multiple translators debating the appropriate translation right?

Well, there also Typesetting, encoding, editing, timing, Karaoke (if apply), and proofreading.
Basically, it goes like this:
1. The team get the video and probably the script for that episode, depend on the provider
2. TL start making translation based on the script while watching the episode as well.
3. Editor and proofreader also help TL team to ensure the translated script is top notch.
4. Timing do what he does, making the timing for the subtitle to appear.
5. Typesetting will make typeset for whatever text that need to be typesetted, for example credit text or text in banner in that episode
6. Karaoke is optional, but it basically making the karaoke for the OP and ED song.
7. Encoder make sure that the video can be viewed in whatever format that need to be seen.
8. put everything together, then walla, consume the video!

This apply in most show anyway, not just fansubbing.

MeMeMe! Music Video

If it had stopped at the minute and a half mark then that would have been great, then it kept going and go progressively more obnoxious. Sure it was visually interesting but I think Toonami has really spoiled me on such videos. Also, yea, the people who created this have some sexual issues they may need to work out.

Damn Shard you missed like the entire point of the video.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Season 2, Episode 8:

I will say this, this episode did not skimp on the action, which usually a problem for this series. I am still annoyed on how we were denied the epic battle at the end of The Return of the Goblin King arc. As I said last episode it is refreshing to see a grand team plan not arise from the mind of Shiroe. It is one of the subtler ways Log Horizon is better then Sword Art Online, the supporting cast isn't useless. Anyway, Akasuki has completed her arc and learned her Teaching and I will not the irony in it being Naruto's multi-ninja jitsu thingy. I know they are having a big celebration now that the murderous member of the Kunie Clan has been put on ice and the cursed katana destroyed but I can't help but feel that a Xanatos Gambit has been played and the Round Table has walked into it. Granted they know the risks of deactivating the magical barrier but I don't think they connected the conspiratorial dots either. Anyway, yea, we are at last down with Akasuki and finally get back to see what the hell Shiore has been up to lately.

Midonin

Vanadis 08

An episode without any Ellen. Or any of the other Vanadis, for that matter. So while the action in the battlefield was fun - and those trick shots with an arrow are on the Sinon level - and there was that scene with the bees, I find myself without a whole lot to say. The campaign continues.

Log Horizon Season 2, Episode 8:

I will say this, this episode did not skimp on the action, which usually a problem for this series. I am still annoyed on how we were denied the epic battle at the end of The Return of the Goblin King arc. As I said last episode it is refreshing to see a grand team plan not arise from the mind of Shiroe. It is one of the subtler ways Log Horizon is better then Sword Art Online, the supporting cast isn't useless. Anyway, Akasuki has completed her arc and learned her Teaching and I will not the irony in it being Naruto's multi-ninja jitsu thingy. I know they are having a big celebration now that the murderous member of the Kunie Clan has been put on ice and the cursed katana destroyed but I can't help but feel that a Xanatos Gambit has been played and the Round Table has walked into it. Granted they know the risks of deactivating the magical barrier but I don't think they connected the conspiratorial dots either. Anyway, yea, we are at last down with Akasuki and finally get back to see what the hell Shiore has been up to lately.

The thing is :
Xanatos gambit or not , there wasn't any other way to deal with the situation. so yeah it's more than problematic and it'll have probably more than enough consequences down the road ... but there was nothing else that could have been done.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The thing is :
Xanatos gambit or not , there wasn't any other way to deal with the situation. so yeah it's more than problematic and it'll have probably more than enough consequences down the road ... but there was nothing else that could have been done.

Then if this is a larger plot, its architect is very brilliant, I still suspect Minami of being the grand plotter.

Then if this is a larger plot, its architect is very brilliant, I still suspect Minami of being the grand plotter.

I wonder if this is a loaded question and you want me to confirm ( or not ) if your predictions are true or not. I'm actually not answering because i mind the enjoyment of everyone. BUt if you want me to , just send a PM.

----------------------------
Log horizon S2 - 08
Yep it's an episode that is hard to dislike for 2 reasons : 1 the build-up was done so if something doesn't work, you just need to check the previous episode because the answers are there
2) it's MMO mecanics done right.
Teamworks , healing, cooldowns , aggros , pattern changes... yep it's a raid. Better it's action in LH and it reuses all those concepts from season 1 & 2 ( that we already know ) to deliver a perfectly paced episode.
Akatsuki arc is done, but it wasn't just akatsuki , it was also lenessia and the birth of the akihabara tea party ( it's not a spoiler now so i can talk about it ) . Yeah , soujirou. You better not underestimate women that are working together toward a single goal.

Now We can go back to shiroe, since the start of Vol 7 is already done , we can go back right to his side of the events to get some nice develloppement for him too , the next 2 episodes are going to be special in all sorts of ways.
Log%20Horizon%202%20-%2008_01.jpg

Friendship ? Yep just frienship.

Good episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am not asking for anything that is my prediction because everything just seems to be stacking too conveniently for pure happenstance.

Mecha

It was all a dream you mean?

As sonicmj1 eloquently said:

ME!ME!ME! is an animated music video, a horror story, an indictment of otaku culture. A young man lies, sullen and empty on his bed, drowning his lost love in an oversexed haze of bishoujo figurines, impossibly sexy idols, breasts, fluids, video games, and violence, a cycle of alienation and loathing from which he can't escape.

During the second "song" it basically spells everything out for the viewer.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
As sonicmj1 eloquently said:

During the second "song" it basically spells everything out for the viewer.

I stand by what I said, indeed Anime as a whole has a very bizarre relationship with sex. Also, the video was still obnoxious as fuck.

So, I decided to check out this Me!Me!Me! thing.....

Damn, that shit was weird as hell. The animation was top-notch, but yo, nipples everywhere .-.

qhCGXsp.gif

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Shūhei HANDA did this scene? That's extremely believable.

Midonin

SAO II 20

I was kind of hoping we could get through this arc without Kirito doing too much. I was enjoying Asuna being the main heroine and the Sleeping Knights are a fun group, mostly because they're characters we can get newly acquainted with. I wonder how the storyline in the real world and the virtual world are going to overlap in the end. I don't mind if Kirito does a bit of damage control on Asuna's behalf here, but that's the full extent of it. This is her story. Let her have the spotlight.

Tokyo Ghoul Promotional Poster for Season 2

8rRG4mW.jpg

So they really are taking a different path. Oh well it does look awesome, can't wait for the White haired action. Also need some of that centipede in action as well.

Nice seeing Kaneki, Yomo, Tsukiyama, and Uta in a group.

Aqua wateria , you should link to pictures you've hosted yourself , because i can only see a 4c***.org picture.

Use imgur, photoucket, dropbox and so on..

Mecha

Tokyo Ghoul Promotional Poster for Season 2

So they really are taking a different path. Oh well it does look awesome, can't wait for the White haired action. Also need some of that centipede in action as well.

Nice seeing Kaneki, Yomo, Tsukiyama, and Uta in a group.

I wish I liked an ongoing anime/manga series as much as you like Tokyo Ghoul.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis 8
This was a pretty cool episode with a whole lot of strategy. Taking on a force 10 times his army and winning without a Vanadis was a fairly incredible. Looks like things are heating up by a quite a bit

I wish I liked an ongoing anime/manga series as much as you like Tokyo Ghoul.

As for Anime my favorite is Gintama nothing beats it. It's the pinnacle of anime. The anime for Tokyo Ghoul is enjoyable just nothing special, but the manga is what I really love and it made me a fan.

Midonin

Waremete 08

And we finally come back around to the first episode. It's been a long time since then, so the incoming tragedy had nearly slipped my mind. Curious where things are going to go from here. Is fate as set as it can be, even with Yui here? I think it's time for some answers.

Jarmel

Banned
Sword Art Online 2-20

Oh god, this show is so fucking misogynistic. I mean we can't even go one arc without
Kirito intervening and saving the females in troubles

TUSR

Banned
MeMeMe! Music Video

Lol

Vanadis - 07
This was an episode with a decent amount of action , the mandatory " you belong to me , by elen" and lots of "roland" being awesome:

Madan%20no%20Ou%20to%20Vanadis%20-%2007_02.jpg

Well you should look at yourself in the mirror
Roland is awesome. Nuff said.. i don't even think this need an explanation after seeing this episode . magical light barrier ? first time i see it but i don't care. Being trapped inside a violent cyclone ? HUmf let me slash this sh*t .
Denying that he is awesome is now a crime.

Too bad that being awesome doesn't prevent you from being manipulated by politicians.

Madan%20no%20Ou%20to%20Vanadis%20-%2007_01.jpg

you don't need to be a diety to know that , try again !

Titta had a rough day , the guy she loves got slashed up , she is feelign the pressure from all sides, but no matter ...she follows , only to get possessed by a god. ( Thankfully , everyone will remember that one line in episode 2 that barely explains that her other duties in alsace was like a miko and thus making her a prime choice for being possessed ) WHAT A DAY !! Everything will be fine tita , just cry it out .

This was a nice episode , pacing was alright , battle was cool , so were the effects , no complains here from me.

Narag

Strike Witches 2 - 8

Easily the best episode of the franchise up until this point as it manages to create a story built on the foundation of Yoshika's unusual power, Sakamoto's battle with her own expiration, and the impetus of the first episode of the second season to create a situation that should feel contrived but doesn't. Well done.

duckroll

Garo - Episode 7-8

Hahahahaha wow. That was really enjoyable despite the iffy production values, for all the wrong reasons. There must be a good drug stash in the writers room for this show. Both episodes took place over the same period of a day, and start and end with the same scenes. One episode is about Leon getting into a fight he couldn't win and then after that it's just a crazy mind trip with a really contrived and compressed exposition dump at the end. The other episode is about German ditching his son to fuck around (literally), and getting caught out in a hilarious scam which leaves him naked for the entire episode, while there's an important plot dump and flashback between all the comedy hi-jinx. It feels like two writers making a bet on who can write a sillier story to fill two episode slots. Lol.

Midonin

Fate/stay night UBW 07

The contrasts that are being drawn here are being given more time than the movie, so things do feel a little more consistent. Though I still keep seeing everyone in their Prisma Illya contexts. Or at least better recognizing that that's where their attacks came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom