• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Psycho-Pass 2-7
iuhO1dwpH9huf.jpg

wut?
Oh god this show is mindblowingly fucking stupid. If I had a lick of sense, I should have dropped this dog shit a long time ago.
iWGZtwjUZANuM.jpg

iX7vErcFUe0J6.jpg

OH AND I SUPPOSE TWO INSPECTORS WITH THE SAME FUCKING NAME SHOWING UP IS PERFECTLY NORMAL TOO
How fucking incompetent is everyone and everything in this show?

This is absolutely insulting my intelligence as a viewer.

Vanadis - 08

Finally it's there !!!
My favorite arc of the first saga.
This arc is may favorite for multiple reasons but the most important part is that tigre is finally showing all the colors of a Main character in control
The other reason is that the odds are vastly against him and that's way better for the kind of story.

Just when you'd think the good guys had enough allies , , we get roland scene , i'm sure many will be disapointed, but IMO
this was necessary because roland was a giant cheat code.Heck if he had his sword he would have survived because that sh*t was haxxor level . I guess we know what happens to characters who let go of their cheat codes in the vanadis-verse.

Many subplots are started starting this episode, the misterious character that was saved , the new threat , the giant schemes in the capital ( and the consequences of it ) , elen friend.. Yep this is when vanadis ( as a story ) level up big time.

Madan%20no%20Ou%20to%20Vanadis%20-%2008_01.jpg
Madan%20no%20Ou%20to%20Vanadis%20-%2008_02.jpg

I'm beginning to think this is a running gag.

So , well .. The odds were harsh , 20000 vs 2000 , but all thing considered
managing to repel the army , take back the hostages while having only a 20% death rate is indeed magnificent.. it's just that .. now it's 30000 vs 1000 with 2000 hostages to protect
. rofl i bet the stakes cannot get higher than that ... or can it ?

Yep this episode was really enoyable . vanadis has now hopefully found the right pacing for the rest of the production.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sword Art Online 2-20

Oh god, this show is so fucking misogynistic. I mean we can't even go one arc without
Kirito intervening and saving the females in troubles
Sword Art Online exists to remind the world how awesome Kirito is.

Psycho-Pass 2-7
Oh god this show is mindblowingly fucking stupid. If I had a lick of sense, I should have dropped this dog shit a long time ago.
How fucking incompetent is everyone and everything in this show?

This is absolutely insulting my intelligence as a viewer.
Psycho Pass exists to remind the world how awesome Akane is.

Psycho Pass exists to remind the world how awesome Akane is.

Don't forget : the sybil system is flawless !

-----------------
Ushinawareta mirai wo motomete - 08

Damn , Despite what happenned , i'm really feelign pity for yui, here.. She worked hard , that much was obvious during those 7 eps , heck the strap was THE GOOD IDEA , simple yet effective. trully it was heartbreaking to see how the events unfolded, but changing the past is something that isn't supposed to be easy so ... DAMN

I really want you to succeed , yui,
Next episode better bring the REVELATIONS to the table.

Wait, theres only 3 episodes left in Chaika!?

Theres no way this story is getting wrapped up in 3 more episodes. Unless theres a 3rd season :|

Unlimited Blade works - 07

GIVE EVERYONE IN THE ANIMATION TEAM a salary raise ...

They freaking earned it ..

Pfiou , what an episode.

This episode DELIVERED , and shirou still a stupid idealist.
But goddamm
Archer : Look at this

Assasin : THIS IS SO GOOD

my god , this episode , this episode.The animation during this episode .

"Archer for president !"

Blusby

UBW 07: Favorite episode so far, Archer going in on Shirou, Assassin's dialogue that ties into the themes of the narrative, and lots of Caster.

Amagi Brilliant Park 07

All this summer stuff is making me dread this cold weather I'm having
Oh wait, I live in LA and its summer all year round :p

fertygo

Mushishi S2 - 18

Girls in this eps are an cutie. Btw great episode, the case actually really interesting this time with trapped theme, some really good camera framing for in-house wall scene to portray the atmosphere of being lost.. I really dig the eps from this season more than the first cour so far.

Joe Molotov

Suite Precure♪ 30

lol, this episode was so silly.

Hibiki is despondent over bad English grades, the Crescendo Note makes a bunch of funny sound effects to cheer her up, Siren loses her shit because she thinks a ghost is playing the piano, then the Quiz Monster (as seen later in Smile Precure) and beats the crap out of Hibiki because she can't answer any questions. The Crescendo Note tries to give Hibiki her mid-season powerup, but Hibiki fails at that too somehow, so they just have to beat it regular.

UBW 07

Absolutely loved the way they showed Assassin's skill and how Saber perceived it. The Shirou and Archer dialogue was great to listen to and I was greatly looking forward to it. Loved it in the VN just as much as I liked it here.

FSN UBW - 07

Eh I take it back, even the combat can't keep me interested in this terrible story and characters. Holy shit, people were seriously trying to tell me Shirou isn't a stupid piece of crap and here we go... What does he do this episode?
"Baka, baka, don't save me from certain death baka. Drop me baka!!!"
"Caster! 1v1, Final Destination no items!"

At least Archer is the first one to do the absolutely right thing in slicing up Shirou. Too bad plot armor means that Shirou don' care 'bout no blood loss and gaping cut across his entire back.

The dialogue this episode was once again dog-shit level all around. Assassin and his fucking bird swordsmanship, hilarious. I mean F/Z had their fighters talk constantly about their ideologies and skill all the time too, but at leas the writing wasn't as insufferable as this.

edit:
Also for how serious and 'dangerous' this grail wars is, these Servants don't ever REALLY want to actually finish anyone off. Everyone's eager to call it a draw. In case of Archer vs Caster we at least get a bullshit explanation I suppose. Something along the lines of "Caster doesn't die if she gets killed."

Who is your waifu/husbando?

I'm only at Ch 3 but I'm gonna give the characters what they want. Pairing Chrom/Sumia and Virion/Sully. Rest I'll wing it. Theres still a ton of characters I havent met yet.

Wish I wasnt spoiled about Lucina from the Smash threads but its all good. I'll do a female Robin run after I beat the game.

It seems like I have to be really obsessive to get the best pairs and children. I think the first run I'll just play for the story and whatever happens, happens.

Guys, I just started Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Why didnt I play this sooner. OMG.

Sumia <3 Lissa <3

Yeah seriously! I've had enough disappointing endings recently, I need this to be satisfying.

hum i have the game watching me since ages ... maybe i should give it a go ?.

faridmon

Yeah, the new Psycho-Pass season is quite inferior to the first one. The character development, the dialogue and the plot sequences are awful comparably. At this point they are going for the shock value in most of the episodes and I am also baffled by the writers of this show. Why can't Akane actually use her command seniority and order Mika to shut the fuck up.

I actually chuckled at the '' She isn't going to last very long in this force'' line that was intended for Mika. Hope she gets less screen time.

Yeah, the new Psycho-Pass season is quite inferior to the first one. The character development, the dialogue and the plot sequences are awful comparably. At this point they are going for the shock value in most of the episodes and I am also baffled by the writers of this show. Why can't Akane actually use her command seniority and order Mika to shut the fuck up.

I actually chuckled at the '' She isn't going to last very long in this force'' line that was intended for Mika. Hope she gets less screen time.

Because akane is actually right in most cases , for every complain she receive , she has the argumentation ready to shut mika.
This will last untill , she either dies , get his hue corrupted or join akane side.

Phatmac

GOD DAMN THOSE FIGHTS WERE AMAZING. Loved this episode and the clash between Shirou and Archer seriously archer is a bad ass motherfucker. I doubt Shirou will learn anything from Archer so I hope he keeps beating him up until he learns his ideals are utter shit.

faridmon

Because akane is actually right in most cases , for every complain she receive , she has the argumentation ready to shut mika.
This will last untill , she either dies , get his hue corrupted or join akane side.

I am not even talking about when she talks back to Akane, but when she mopes around doing nothing for instance and when she shouts nonsense around the office. I can't believe no one is irritated by her nonsense pro-Sybil drivels and her aggressive conversational style.

The HR in the PSBCID are extremely obtuse in their employee relationship.

anna the shop keeper is the best

Ohhhh is that the girl that tells me to not forget about taking a break? If thats so when do I meet her :3

Yes! The characters and writing are great, the game is pretty fun as well. The in game cutscenes in 3D are really spectacular. I wasnt expecting this much awesomeness.

I guess this is the most/only active general anime thread so I'll ask here, though it may fall out of the fall 2014 scope.

Can anyone recommend a good slice of life series that came out in the last 2-3 years? Preferably something bitchy and "right in the feels", I'm in the mood. Romance is fair game as long as it's not cliche or your regular by the books visual novel adaption.

Here's what I liked or sort of liked similar to this, just to give you an idea:

White Album
5 cm per second
Haibane Renmei
Nodame Cantabile
So Ra No Wo To
Rumbling Hearts

survivor

Banned
I guess this is the most/only active general anime thread so I'll ask here, though it may fall out of the fall 2014 scope.

Can anyone recommend a good slice of life series that came out in the last 2-3 years? Preferably something bitchy and "right in the feels", I'm in the mood. Romance is fair game as long as it's not cliche or your regular by the books visual novel adaption.

White Album
5 cm per second
Haibane Renmei
Nodame Cantabile
So Ra No Wo To
Rumbling Hearts
Flowers of Evil and Hyouka were pretty good, although they aren't what I think of when it comes to "right in the feels". I suppose something like Nagi no Asukara and Ano Hana are closer to what you want. Ano Natsu is decent romance anime too along with My Little Monster and Kids on the Slope.

White Album
5 cm per second
Haibane Renmei
Nodame Cantabile
So Ra No Wo To
Rumbling Hearts
I wouldn't call what I recommend "bitchy" but they're my favorites (good on you for already listing Haibane Renmei and Sora no Woto):
Hidamari Sketch
Aria
K-ON!!
Minami-ke
Silver Spoon
Non Non Biyori
Genshiken
Kamichu

Mushishi too, though that's not necessarily what I'd call slice of life.

Akatsuki no yona - 06

Damn that fight scene was most impressive if they keep this quality for every fight scene ( like they did so far ) i'll be much impressed.

Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2006.jpg

I've made a huge mistake .jpg

Ah stupid fire clan prince , hopefully this "bad end" will make you learn that you need to stop acting like a brat . Yona should have slapped him ..but that fierce look was acceptable.

I'm glad that we get the "explanation" of how this miracle happenned, hak you got 2 seal of approval for me , that battle scene was OP, and that save was also excellent ....but goddamn , how sturdy are you ?

Nah don't bother. It's proper shite.

Yes! The characters and writing are great, the game is pretty fun as well. The in game cutscenes in 3D are really spectacular. I wasnt expecting this much awesomeness.
2 conflicting answers ....

I am not even talking about when she talks back to Akane, but when she mopes around doing nothing for instance and when she shouts nonsense around the office. I can't believe no one is irritated by her nonsense pro-Sybil drivels and her aggressive conversational style.

The HR in the PSBCID are extremely obtuse in their employee relationship.

Well they all aware of the power within the office. That's why they don't try anymore.
When ginoza talks , she replies by " you're just an enforcer"

From what i've seen ,

-Ginoza cares , but his attention is on akane
-Yayoi doesn't care because she is and will probably stay in a passive attitude forever
-Togane is so obsessed with akane that the mosquito around in meaningless to him.
-Hinakawa goes back to his shell for everything that doesn't concerns holos or his nee-san ( akane )

So yeah they just don't care about her , As long as akane is giving orders for the big decisions, they really don't care. i mean it's not like they can argue against Mika and since she serve as a reminder that they are tools of sibyl ( something only akane challenged so far ), nothing will change really.

Ohhhh is that the girl that tells me to not forget about taking a break? If thats so when do I meet her :3

You meet her in two separate sidequest chapters. The first is after completing chapter 5 but you can only recruit her in the sidequest given after chapter 9. You don't have to do the former to get her in the latter.

Do it. You won't be disappointed.

cajunator

Banned
Who here is going to wear this in public?

gjgi5ts.jpg

I totally would. Even to work.

MeMeMe! Music Video

If it had stopped at the minute and a half mark then that would have been great, then it kept going and go progressively more obnoxious. Sure it was visually interesting but I think Toonami has really spoiled me on such videos. Also, yea, the people who created this have some sexual issues they may need to work out.

Uhmm..if anything it was pretty anti-otaku
also yeah considering who created the animation..

Funimation did an unboxing of the Cowboy Bebop Funimation Store Exclusive Set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHTqPyCDvyo&index=1&list=PLwazKLaN7rLjwUwTkgFF0Ka6o7j2DzXEG

Oooh nice
I got the Amazon edition.
not sure how its different.

kewlmyc

Shirobako 1-7:

Got recommended this show by PK Gaming. I'm really enjoying it, glad that it's 2 cour. Can only remember about 4 peoples names, but whatever, the cast is huge. I've always like shows/documentaries that show how something is created so this is pretty cool idea for a show if it's actually being realistic with what happens during an anime production. All the characters sans the Gothic Loli chick seem pretty realistic tool. I'm sure we've all worked with a Tarou before. Speaking of him, I hope he gets fired super hard at the end of the season. Sucking at your job is one thing, but blaming others and then trying to steal credit for their work is pathetic. I also hate his voice, so I guess they did a good job at making him super unlikable. I also saw how much people in this line of work make. Being in the anime industry seems completely awful considering how much you make.

I will also never look at a recap episode the same way again.

PS: Seriously fuck this guy.

Pooya

Amagi 8

They're just going to magically hit that target number in the last episode while every other episode is random fun things. How many episodes is this anyway? 12?

Akatsuki no yona - 07
How many episodes is this thing ?
We're at ep 7 and yona , you sure have some long road ahead of you.

By my prediction : hak is the sword , new guy is the shield. i hope that we're not going to take too much time to find those 4 guys because i want to see the struggles that the new king will have when he'll have to unite (?) the tribes. because an invasion is sure to come.

So far so good.
Glad they didn't go full drama , yet ( because it's coming , that's obvious ) that hairpin sure is going to cause some frictions

Log Horizon s2 05

Going back to watch all the anime I've missed since my exam/midterm/essay gauntlet. This ep was kinda a let down cause it turned out the killer was just some guy who stole some armor.

Amagi 8

They're just going to magically hit that target number in the last episode while every other episode is random fun things. How many episodes is this anyway? 12?

It's...13 episodes. Wow, this is the first time I've heard of this. I thought this show was like, 24 episodes. That's not a good thing considering what's been going down the last few episodes for this show, and I haven't even seen episodes 7 or 8.

Full Metal Panic! - 7

So, I like how Chidori isn't just the tsundere girl he's gotta protect in this show. The way the role reversal was implemented in this episode was pretty good and makes it come full circle. Since the Lambda Driver thing inside Sousuke's Chambro mecha is apparently runs on his willpower, Chidori had to be the one to really influence it in Sousuke, by talking to him to increase his desire to protect her. It's the kind of thinking of a Super Robot show being made to work in a Real Robot show. Pretty cool!

TUSR

Banned
It's...13 episodes. Wow, this is the first time I've heard of this. I thought this show was like, 24 episodes. That's not a good thing considering what's been going down the last few episodes for this show, and I haven't even seen episodes 7 or 8.

its a shitty LN what did you expect?

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 41

I love Precure endgame fights. Everything feels so intense and not just the standard battle patterns that it keeps me on the edge of my seat. The use of silence in this episode was also well done, in much the same way as it was in Iona's Innocent Form debut.
Phantom is really Phanphan, Mirage's former fairy partner, who she transformed into a young man and made to do her bidding for some reason.
Kinda makes me wonder if the three generals are, too. That's for next week. There's no time quite like an endgame.

faridmon

Well they all aware of the power within the office. That's why they don't try anymore.
When ginoza talks , she replies by " you're just an enforcer"

From what i've seen ,

-Ginoza cares , but his attention is on akane
-Yayoi doesn't care because she is and will probably stay in a passive attitude forever
-Togane is so obsessed with akane that the mosquito around in meaningless to him.
-Hinakawa goes back to his shell for everything that doesn't concerns holos or his nee-san ( akane )

So yeah they just don't care about her , As long as akane is giving orders for the big decisions, they really don't care. i mean it's not like they can argue against Mika and since she serve as a reminder that they are tools of sibyl ( something only akane challenged so far ), nothing will change really.

Yeah, I see what you are getting at.
The contrast between last season's writing and characterisation is quite jarring to say the least. Mika, as I have mentioned is poorly written with all her whining and, later, loafing around, while the new charters don't add alot to the conflict. I suppose Togane have a secret or two up his sleeve, but his obsessiveness makes him an easy character development while Akane and her relationship with her enforcer (and her superior) seems to be a copy and paste job from the first season.

All the killing in this season is also...overkill to say the least. I get that its connected to the the main villain and his motives, but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive plot progression.

Still, I am interested where its heading. Hope the Villain is quite worth the journey this series is trying to go through.

HappinessCharge Precure 41

We Endgame part 1 up in here. Honey is a believer and the savior of all man kind, and a greedy fucker. She gets two enemies to herself because that's how MUTEKI SHE IS!

Anyway, we finally understand Phantom's Final Form now, which makes me wonder about the three stooges. ....And that one Hawaiian enemy.

Next episode, asses will be smacked... literally

EDIT: This episode is where precure is officially too lewd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom